Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gripweed posted:

Has young Cable ever interacted with young Stryfe?

iirc there was actually a stryfe in the xforce book that introduced young cable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

My favorite parts from Stryfe's wikipedia page

quote:

Stryfe battles Cable until the latter opens a temporal rift by detonating a self-destruct system, destroying his body.[17] Stryfe's consciousness, however, enters Cable's mind, in which he stays until he voluntarily leaves.[18]

While physically dead, Stryfe attempts to return to life through the body of Warpath.[19] However, his attempt is avoided by the arrival of X-Force and Warpath is sent back to the living by Blackheart.[20]

By unknown means, Stryfe revives

several paragraphs later

quote:

However, Stryfe ultimately regrets the path he took and the choices he has made in his life (stemming from his perpetual identity crisis as a clone), frees Bishop from the entity and sacrifices himself to save the Earth from La Bete Noir. Gambit, however, is suspicious that Cable may have telepathically forced Stryfe to sacrifice himself.[25]

Messiah War

Stryfe somehow survives

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1336041157936226304?s=21

I have come from the future to spoil this:

Xenos? Actually just Knull symbiotes.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The black goo in Prometheus came from Knull.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Nooo

E: had anybody read a Phillip Johnson book? Any good?

site fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 7, 2020

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

:sickos:

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Midi-chlorians are actually just little itty bitty bits of Knull.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Didn't Venom: The End literally conclude with the symbiote recreating The Entire Universe?

It's Knull all the way down.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Venom: The End had nothing to do with Knull, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blockhouse posted:

Oh just wait.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
venom: the end was actually good

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

venom: the end was actually knull

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah, but the symbiotes are all about him now, though, aren't they? Therefore my statement stands.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

SWORD is a ton of fun, so Al Ewing just knocking it out of the park again. I pray it leads to a ton of Peeper speculation!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
On more Al Ewing news: Guardians is a mad trip and I am here for it. Ewing has such range it almost puts other writers to shame.

Also the art and colours on this one are so much fun.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
heroes at home is very good and funny

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Power Pack mentioned Rikki at least, I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rise of Ultraman #4. Jesus Christ. I am astounded. So this entire loving 5 issue miniseries exists to set up for some future Ultraman series why the USP acts in the open and why the monsters are giant. Two things which literally every Ultraman series just has as the basic premise. Giant monsters exist and there is an organization to fight them. But no, not Marvel Ultraman. They need a five issue miniseries to explain why there are giant monsters and an organization that fights them. And the explanation is, well the monsters used to be small and the organization used to be secret but then stuff happened and the monsters got big.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Rise of Ultraman #4. Jesus Christ. I am astounded. So this entire loving 5 issue miniseries exists to set up for some future Ultraman series why the USP acts in the open and why the monsters are giant. Two things which literally every Ultraman series just has as the basic premise. Giant monsters exist and there is an organization to fight them. But no, not Marvel Ultraman. They need a five issue miniseries to explain why there are giant monsters and an organization that fights them. And the explanation is, well the monsters used to be small and the organization used to be secret but then stuff happened and the monsters got big.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

Is this your first time reading an American comic? Did the title "Rise of Ultraman" not tip you off that it's setting up the world of Ultraman?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Endless Mike posted:

Is this your first time reading an American comic? Did the title "Rise of Ultraman" not tip you off that it's setting up the world of Ultraman?

Yes but it's setting up stuff that only needs to be set up because they established something else in the first issue! Like, the first issue established human sized monsters and a morally ambiguous USP. And three issues later, it seems like the whole point is just to get to giant monsters and good guy USP. Which they could've done in the first issue! "Why are the monsters big?" is not a question that needs to be answered if they hadn't introduced the monsters as small to begin with!

This doesn't feel like an introduction to the world of Ultraman, this feels like a justification of it. It's like, "yeah yeah we know giant monsters are silly, non-evil organizations are corny, we know, we're sorry, but hey it's justified by plot contrivance!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

But the Marneus Calgar series continues to be OK. Very violent, nice little dashes of grimdark. It's a decent start to a Warhammer 40k comic universe, but I do hope their next series is about something a bit more interesting than Ultramarines. Give me an ongoing series about a Wych Cult, or Lucius the Eternal!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
It was pretty ballsy to have an entire issue of Venom take place in the time it took Eddie to fall from the top of a building and end before he even hit the ground.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It was pretty ballsy to have an entire issue of Venom take place in the time it took Eddie to fall from the top of a building and end before he even hit the ground.

Bendis's legacy lives on

radlum
May 13, 2013
I just want ASM to be done with Kindred. Though the last few issues have had good moments, they are too decompressed and it feels like we are treading water until we get to issue 60

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

radlum posted:

I just want ASM to be done with Kindred. Though the last few issues have had good moments, they are too decompressed and it feels like we are treading water until we get to issue 60

The next issue is the end of the arc

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So who is kindred and what was it all about?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gatts posted:

So who is kindred and what was it all about?

Harry Osborn is back, he's got unspecified demonic powers, and he's decided to really gently caress with Peter this time. We do not yet know where he got the powers.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wanderer posted:

Harry Osborn is back, he's got unspecified demonic powers, and he's decided to really gently caress with Peter this time. We do not yet know where he got the powers.

The implication is that he got them from going to hell after dying in Spectacular #200 (given he takes credit for Mysterio's resurrection which happened prior to OMD), and that his return in BND was actually related directly to the OMD deal, which is presumably why he's actively loving with Peter in the way he is at present, which I'm fairly certain is not coincidental with the fact he appeared in his Kindred guise at the start of this run right when Peter & MJ got back together.

I've seen speculation that while last Remains is wrapping up next issue, the upcoming solicits & covers (which seem kind of generic) are actually cover for a third act that will be addressing OMD directly (if you assume Sins Rising & Last Remains are acts 1 & 2).

Speaking of misleading solicits, turns out that Abrams Spider-Man mini wrapped up this week, if anyone cares.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of misleading solicits, turns out that Abrams Spider-Man mini wrapped up this week, if anyone cares.

I thought it was okay, but basically every idea in it has been done better somewhere else. Ultimately it really just made me want more Renew Your Vows.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

radlum posted:

It's the price you pay to avoid getting dragged into Knull.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

I thought it was okay, but basically every idea in it has been done better somewhere else. Ultimately it really just made me want more Renew Your Vows.

:same:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TwoPair posted:

It was a pretty long, dour road to get to where it's going, and in a rich recent tradition, has way too much Tony Stark.

I have discovered I'm a total sucker for stories where Mary Jane has powers, though, so I'd be curious what they'd do with a follow-up.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Bitten by a radioactive centipede.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why didn't anyone tell me that the current Iron Man run is basically just Hellcat continually dropping hard truths to knock down his ego a peg? I'm not a fan of Tony, but I'm really into that storyline.
And she's really good with that, give her personal experience and the fact that she had to support Jen, when she came out of the coma. Good choice for a supporting character there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Was the post coma She-Hulk series good, I think that's the one where it's just called Hulk, cause Bruce was dead at the time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I remember it being decent but not having enough room to really explore trauma like it wanted

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yeah, that about sums it up. Jen coping by focusing on her work and getting really into baking shows felt real though.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I think it was okay-ish, but suffered from decompression and Trade Pacing. The first six issues feel like they could have been three issues, and from there it just sort of peters out.

From memory the run is just three short story arcs, and the last one is maybe the best.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Hulk series is only two arcs, and then it got renamed She-Hulk with legacy numbering for the final arc. Annoyingly Unlimited doesn't really do anything to link the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

The scene where she looks in her mirror and realizes that everything in her life is just She-Hulk and not Jen is pretty effective. Just putting a mirror too high to be practical.