Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Deakul posted:

Man, that Skill Up review is a little bit damning.
Seems more like the game is just fine and won't be anything super revolutionary, nothing wrong with that obviously.

Not feeling able to embody and identify with V and their choices the way you could with Geralt was the only thing that sounded like a potential deal breaker for me. Hope it's not as bad as all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

rap music posted:

one of the few must have perks i saw in the build calculator was automatic junk dismantling

Why would you want a dildo destroying perk

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Eraflure posted:

Why would you want a dildo destroying perk

to combine the base components into the ultimate mega dildo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
see if the crafting worked you could probably build a dildrone.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
i cant wait to crush some dick

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Additional carry weight at the very beginning of the body athletics tree also seemed like an absolute no brainer. Cheers to ya

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

PerilPastry posted:

Not feeling able to embody and identify with V and their choices the way you could with Geralt was the only thing that sounded like a potential deal breaker for me. Hope it's not as bad as all that.

They used the male V voice set which is supposed way worse than the female one, he's like 99% generic tough guy or douchebag apparently.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xachariah posted:

I kind of see it like a dynamic quest where you aim to build a certain thing so you make your own mission to gather all the stuff, then when you've gathered all the stuff your reward is the thing you wanted to build.

So you know, instead of gathering bear pelts for NPC's who give you the Sword of Bear rear end Chopping as a reward you gather them to just... build the reward.

I dunno, I like it, feels more authentic to earn a thing than have an NPC give it to me I guess.

I’m not opposed to it I just want the option to have the information for where I have to go look for it. Often times it’s really not cohesively done with the quest lines and it’s just general area stuff. And that makes sense for certain settings but for tech one I just want to know where I go to buy it or who I have to get it from, since it’s not Ancient Greece or the old west.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

rap music posted:

one of the few must have perks i saw in the build calculator was automatic junk dismantling

Is it never worth it to sell junk?

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Slumpy posted:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

rap music posted:

:hmmyes:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Xachariah posted:

I kind of see it like a dynamic quest where you aim to build a certain thing so you make your own mission to gather all the stuff, then when you've gathered all the stuff your reward is the thing you wanted to build.

So you know, instead of gathering bear pelts for NPC's who give you the Sword of Bear rear end Chopping as a reward you gather them to just... build the reward.

I dunno, I like it, feels more authentic to earn a thing than have an NPC give it to me I guess.

in both cases you are earning something

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

^ Well I suppose, but if I build it I like the item more.

rap music posted:

:hmmyes:

Edit: poo poo, I'm unoriginal.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rap music posted:

Finally a dildo to surpass Metal Gear.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Slumpy posted:

My character shall be Dicksmasher.

She who smashes dicks.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I wish more games made key mission items show up as junk.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Oh no it's Mr Studd :ohdear:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

I want to make a dildo in the shape of Keanu.

I will call it penis 3.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Finally a dildo to surpass Metal Gear.

metal....dick?!

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008

Still loving owns

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

You can pet the cats btw

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think a good compromise is being able to track by what you want to make and info on how to acquire it. I feel like some games have done this I just can’t think of any off the top my head.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
johnny silverhand is in a dildo and to save him you must

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Would you say that Keanu carries this game?

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

sean10mm posted:

They used the male V voice set which is supposed way worse than the female one, he's like 99% generic tough guy or douchebag apparently.

Yeah, good point. Seems like there's the same gap in VA quality you saw with the male/female performances of AssCreed: Odyssey

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

VanillaGorilla posted:

You can pet the cats btw

10/10

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’m not opposed to it I just want the option to have the information for where I have to go look for it. Often times it’s really not cohesively done with the quest lines and it’s just general area stuff. And that makes sense for certain settings but for tech one I just want to know where I go to buy it or who I have to get it from, since it’s not Ancient Greece or the old west.

Yeah it kinda sucks if you always need to google "where do I find X in Y?" and deal with lovely wikis, that isn't fun, but I do like the hunt if a game hints or directs you to the right location for the materials/parts.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

God drat that was a long time ago. I kind of forgot the original pitch for this was that we'd be playing as cops.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deakul posted:

Man, that Skill Up review is a little bit damning.
Seems more like the game is just fine and won't be anything super revolutionary, nothing wrong with that obviously.

All I know is that I'm prepared to refund if it runs like poop. :sigh:

Terrible page snipe sorry folks.

i think alot of folks thought it would like Witcher 3 vs Dragon age: inquisition, where CDPR reinvents the wheel somewhat and remake RPGS. but this time against themselves. i will see in tonight i guess.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

The Sean posted:

I started making this piece before I knew RTJ had a Cyberpunk track:

Acrylic, india ink, marker. Iridescent paint so the gold and silver pop.

Japanese basically means "strong steal" which is the closest I could get to "run the jewels."

4/10 no ring

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

VanillaGorilla posted:

You can pet the cats btw

what about the dogs

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

lmao if anyone believes some crappy console could ever out muscle a big beefy gaming rig

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

orange juche posted:

I want a live another life mod like skyrim where I can just be a netrunner with the voodoo boys.

If CDPR had their druthers making sure this game is extremely moddable would have been very high on their list of priorities.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Waypoint podcast was a pro tier listen, basically describing it as a crime epic. I'm quite ready.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

what about the dogs

I haven’t seen a dog yet. Will scour Night City for the answer.

Also I do not know if you can pet Keanu yet.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

biglads posted:

4/10 no ring

gently caress you lol (^_^)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm sorry to inform you all of this, but I have played this game and I have a horrible revelation: Cyberpunk 2077 is, in fact, just a videogame, and not the second coming of Christ or similar miraculous event. I know many were expecting this game to make anime real and end world hunger by bringing back the McRib, but it's just a videogame.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Still don't know what start I'm going to do, between Corpo and Nomad. Probably going to flip a coin.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Tim Whatley posted:

The Waypoint podcast was a pro tier listen, basically describing it as a crime epic. I'm quite ready.

so they actually like it? i knew rob liked it but i wouldnt be shocked if patrick doesnt because he has bad taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The cat was one of those hairless Sphinx cats, if it matters