Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ashenai posted:

We already know it's a bunch of timed fetch quests! With various restrictions! (No running, no gliding, no taking damage, no getting wet and so on).

Should be fun and/or awful!

straight from the ingame notice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Gig economy coming to Teyvat

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
i r sad :(

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

man you think the Zhongli backlash was bad

I can already imagine the redditors screaming at the moon about censorship

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

dogsicle posted:

to clarify, her dress is just so loving huge for me to imagine running around the world and climbing poo poo/swimming in, so they'd keep the sexy but have it be mildly more practical (in the game where 99% of women wear heels exclusively)
Out of morbid curiosity I went and checked every female playable character that I own and there are only three characters who do not have heels and all of them are with a heavy asterisk: Xiangling, whose boots technically have heels but less than Xingqiu's do so I'll count it; Barbara, whose shoes again do kind of have heels but they're chunky everywhere so her foot is not significantly angled; and Diona, who is definitely the heftiest technicality here because she has by far the worst foot-angling of any character in the game as she literally walks on her toes, but her shoes have no heels at all in a way that looks genuinely disturbing. I could theoretically give Amber and Lumine's boots a pass too because they're more like riding boots, but Jean ain't got no excuse. I don't have Qiqi or Klee so I have no idea about them.

In related news, Zhongli is actually not as tall as I thought. In fact, he is slightly shorter than Tartaglia, who remains the tallest playable character by an inch or two. Zhongli is taller than Diluc though.

The Deleter posted:

The idea that Monstadt and Jean tolerates them for even a second is wilder imo.
The implication is Jean can't because Varka took all the best knights to gently caress off for a while so she lacks the military might and Monstadt is a pseudo-anarchy and you can't actually tell anyone to leave.

gandlethorpe posted:

Zhongli has no "selfish" ability that causes him to personally deal more damage through attacking or even being on the field. This is why he'll never be a proper DPSer.

Trying to make Zhongli DPS is like trying to make Jean DPS. Like, maybe you can work something out, but they won't compete with the proper DPSers. And they would've been much more effective performing a different role.
Zhongli is much more capable of being a DPS than Jean is, but that's solely on the back of Crescent Pike.

EDIT: And Jean is much more capable than say Barbara, primarily because Aquila Favonia is bullshit good. But it ain't Crescent Pike good.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 10, 2020

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

The Deleter posted:

The idea that Monstadt and Jean tolerates them for even a second is wilder imo.

I assume the answer is always because freedom.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Nakar posted:

Diona, who is definitely the heftiest technicality here because she has by far the worst foot-angling of any character in the game as she literally walks on her toes, but her shoes have no heels at all in a way that looks genuinely disturbing.

Those kinds of boots exist in real life, although they're... not ideal for acrobatics or combat, to put it mildly. In her case, it's supposed to mimic a cat's digitigrade legs. A lot of Diona's design is like that.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ashenai posted:

Those kinds of boots exist in real life, although they're... not ideal for acrobatics or combat, to put it mildly. In her case, it's supposed to mimic a cat's digitigrade legs. A lot of Diona's design is like that.
She has cat ears and a cat tail so I just assumed she had cat feet. Although I think her cat-patterned hands are actually gloves. I got a lotta questions about Diona's fashion sense.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I enjoy Diona's design. It's the perfect amount of "too much"

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
"I'm not a cat," says young cat-eared woman with cat insignias on her shoes and a cat's-paw-shaped purse.

Also fun fact, neither Diona nor Sucrose have human ears modeled at all, even getting the camera in close so that their hair becomes semi-transparent doesn't turn anything up. They are not four-eared abominations.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Nakar posted:

She has cat ears and a cat tail so I just assumed she had cat feet. Although I think her cat-patterned hands are actually gloves. I got a lotta questions about Diona's fashion sense.

Yeah after I saw her shoes I just assumed she's got gross little cat-feet shoved in there.

Just human toes but in a cat paw shape.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nakar posted:

"I'm not a cat," says young cat-eared woman with cat insignias on her shoes and a cat's-paw-shaped purse.

Also fun fact, neither Diona nor Sucrose have human ears modeled at all, even getting the camera in close so that their hair becomes semi-transparent doesn't turn anything up. They are not four-eared abominations.

Four ears is cute, actually

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I kinda hope the Cat's Tail opens up at some point. Diluc's tavern is a lot like him, functional but boring. We could use a new place for ridiculous shenanigans.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I kinda hope the Cat's Tail opens up at some point. Diluc's tavern is a lot like him, functional but boring. We could use a new place for ridiculous shenanigans.

The cutscene walking in is Diona throwing a bottle at Traveler's head and screaming at them to get out, we're closed.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Mona has an idle animation where she checks her coin purse and pulls out a single mora before looking at it despairingly and putting it back in.

that's all thank you

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Log082 posted:

Mona has an idle animation where she checks her coin purse and pulls out a single mora before looking at it despairingly and putting it back in.

that's all thank you

if Monas sprint was less awful in combat I would never take her out of my party. Best character

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

if Monas sprint was less awful in combat I would never take her out of my party. Best character

Mona being destitute is great because it means the MC never splits loot. Just walking around with millions of Mora like "Sorry you haven't eaten in three days, lol."

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Pope Urbane II posted:

Mona being destitute is great because it means the MC never splits loot. Just walking around with millions of Mora like "Sorry you haven't eaten in three days, lol."

I always figured that's WHY she follows the MC around. I shove so many honey glazed chickens down her throat it solves her food budget for a month, and that's before getting into what I've spent on levelling and talents.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Nakar posted:

I don't have Qiqi or Klee so I have no idea about them.

I'm not sure how you checked all this but "Character Archive" in the menu lets you view everyone, including characters you don't have, from the perspectives the Character menu does.

From me looking at them that way it seems like they have Xiangling-like levels of heel just scaled appropriately.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 10, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ashenai posted:

Yeah I think that's a smart observation. There's no power creep yet. I would expect there to be some eventually, but who knows when? The more people are willing to spend on waifus and husbandos without caring about their stats, the less power creep is necessary. Supposedly people spent a LOT on Zhongli, despite him being possibly the weakest 5* to date.

Well I couldn't stand watching the primos pile up so I went ahead and did a 10 pull....and got my first Qiqi and first Xinyan on the first 2 pulls.

Qiqi owns in every co-op domain encounted her in, always wanted her, didn't even know she puts Liyue specialties on the map!!!

I don't think I have the personality to hoard wishes. Every other day I use saved 3 condensed resin + 3 new ones and spend the change on bosses. That usually gets 2-3 wishes worth of primogens and I have a really hard time watching those stack up without using them. I guess that means they've hooked me with the slot machine but thankfully not enough to even dolphin, I'm not sure what the nomenclature is per US dollar spent so I hope that's the appropriate cetacian taxonomy.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Log082 posted:

I always figured that's WHY she follows the MC around. I shove so many honey glazed chickens down her throat it solves her food budget for a month, and that's before getting into what I've spent on levelling and talents.

That actually makes it better, because I rarely use food. Jean, Bennet, and Barbara make sure she can never die, but is forever tormented by hunger.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Araganzar posted:

I guess that means they've hooked me with the slot machine but thankfully not enough to even dolphin, I'm not sure what the nomenclature is per US dollar spent so I hope that's the appropriate cetacian taxonomy.

In this game I think dolphins buy the BP and welkin moon but nothing else.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

AweStriker posted:

I'm not sure how you checked all this but "Character Archive" in the menu lets you view everyone, including characters you don't have, from the perspectives the Character menu does.

From me looking at them that way it seems like they have Xiangling-like levels of heel just scaled appropriately.

Not sure how well this would work out IRL....

Paimon: "We're going to wear pajamas to lunch, too! Lunch!"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If we ever get a Diona story quest (which I hope that we do, they can't just keep giving them to new 5*s only!), we'll probably get to go to the Cat's Tail.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ibblebibble posted:

If we ever get a Diona story quest (which I hope that we do, they can't just keep giving them to new 5*s only!), we'll probably get to go to the Cat's Tail.

We had 4 star story quests though. Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Xinqiu, Razor, (Fishl's event), Xingling all had personal quests.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tae posted:

We had 4 star story quests though. Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Xinqiu, Razor, (Fishl's event), Xingling all had personal quests.

I meant new ones after launch :v: I don't really count the falling stars event, it was as much Mona's event as it was Fischl's quest.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I imagine we might eventually see batches of 4* story quests to help fill out version updates once they're not rolling out whole new systems or areas in every single one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Gimme Chongyun story miHoYo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Nakar posted:

Klee also lacks human ears.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

Klee is my main DPS and I didn't notice until you said this.

edit: Now I am looking at all the ears. Sucrose has adorable, furry ears. My mind is blown.

Tsyni fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 10, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Tsyni posted:

edit: Now I am looking at all the ears. Sucrose has adorable, furry ears. My mind is blown.

She's also got cute paw prints on her shoes that you can see when gliding.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sucrose :unsmith:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
Is Black Tassel ever good? It is really tempting to max it out because my only problems right now are loving ice slimes, but I'm worried that the math might work out to it being worse than halberd or pike, even against slimes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
black tassel is good, for leveling up your sacrificial sword

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I finally took tart out for a spin open world. Jfc the difference between him and Klee is hilarious.

I think the speed/climb/height thing is cool and good for the most part, a fun thing that makes differences. I mean I ran around as Klee for a month with no complaints. But also the gliding challenge is so ridiculously easier with the giant childe that I have no words.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Nakar posted:

The implication is Jean can't because Varka took all the best knights to gently caress off for a while so she lacks the military might and Monstadt is a pseudo-anarchy and you can't actually tell anyone to leave.

I actually just played through the beginning on a second account (shut up COVID isolation is so boring), and it definitely agrees with this theory. Jean is in a bind wrt the Stormterror thing because the Fatui are pressuring her and she thinks she can't give them an excuse to come in force. It feels like a sort of situation where Monstadt (and maybe Liyue for that matter) feel like they can't take a war so they have to be careful not to give an excuse to declare one.

Not entirely clear why the Tsaritsa needs an excuse exactly, but she might have nobles to keep happy, and of course her Harbingers are pretty obviously in that "technically subordinate, but" category too, so she might have domestic reasons. Or it's possible there are treaties or customs that would spark another Archon War no one wants and so it's sort of a Cold War analogue where everyone needs to be careful not to trigger MAD, or that a similar thing is true but only in the case of unprovoked war, etc.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like the only reason you'd raise Black Tassel is for Zhongli due to the HP% bonus, and its something you could math out on whether it's worthwhile over a 4* like Grudge. in general i assume the higher base atk given by 4*+ just beats out anything 3* unless it also has a strong effect, which BT does not. you at least get better shields out of him i guess.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Ultiville posted:

I actually just played through the beginning on a second account (shut up COVID isolation is so boring), and it definitely agrees with this theory. Jean is in a bind wrt the Stormterror thing because the Fatui are pressuring her and she thinks she can't give them an excuse to come in force. It feels like a sort of situation where Monstadt (and maybe Liyue for that matter) feel like they can't take a war so they have to be careful not to give an excuse to declare one.

Not entirely clear why the Tsaritsa needs an excuse exactly, but she might have nobles to keep happy, and of course her Harbingers are pretty obviously in that "technically subordinate, but" category too, so she might have domestic reasons. Or it's possible there are treaties or customs that would spark another Archon War no one wants and so it's sort of a Cold War analogue where everyone needs to be careful not to trigger MAD, or that a similar thing is true but only in the case of unprovoked war, etc.

Li Yue is a more hilarious take on this in that Ning is tolerating it for her part because she's eager to rip them off. :v:

Literally her first thought after the finale is "I am going to make so much money off of extracting concessions and favors from these rubes!".

kater posted:

Klee's mother is also supposedly from a rather german sounding alternate world (Which may or may not be linked to the earlier civilization below Teyvat's surface.). She introduced Barbara to the concept of Japanese idols, despite being looking like an elf or very 90's anime-esque demon with her ears. Apparently people just showing up in Teyvat is a thing that happens.

Also, she hates Zhongli for his dour personality. I guess he tried the whole "You must carry the memories of our people with you!" schtick on her and she was just all "Naaah, I wanna go make some more explosions.".

Archonex fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 10, 2020

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Archonex posted:

Li Yue is a more hilarious take on this in that Ning is tolerating it for her part because she's eager to rip them off. :v:

Literally her first thought after the finale is "I am going to make so much money off of extracting concessions and favors from these rubes!".

Moderately amazing that she thinks she can get more than the cost of her sky palace, but she seems likely to know, so fair enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

So I'm just curious.

Am I crazy or does Albedo just look like a slightly older, alternate universe version of the male Traveler? What are the odds that this comes up in some weird distant plotline because MiHoYo lore?

They even share similar fashion senses!