Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

herr
Jan 19, 2009
Anyone getting persistent audio crackling after you create your character and start playing the actual game? It's driving me nuts.

PC btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
I had steam come up with "Disk write error" as it was installing the final portion. I seem to have solved it by going into the steam 'common' folder and just deleting the empty cyberpunk 2077 folder in there then restarting the download.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

exquisite tea posted:

Maybe it’s just me but the DLSS in this game does NOT look sharp. Everything looks smeared in jelly even with CA off.

Don't have the game yet, but what type of anti-aliasing is it using? If it's FXAA, that's always been the worst form of AA and tends to make any game like like you've coated your screen in vaseline.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL you get grill options

Yolandi De Visser simulator 2020

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

probably gonna buy this and let it download while im at work tomato

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

...you guys are downloading?

Houston Rockets
Apr 15, 2006

GOG Galaxy is effed. I redeemed my code. It shows in my library on .com but the launcher cannot figure out that I own the game, even after reinstalling the launcher entirely.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

ErrEff posted:

Okay, I'll bite, what i-

:stare:

That's just the early birds, I figure that number is gonna go real high later on.

Crushing the concurrent record for single player games less than an hour from launch (now up to 540k!) isn't what I expected. Like I knew there was a lot of hype, but gently caress man. RIP anyone else gunning for that record until Witcher 4/Cyberpunk 2 unless GTA6 launches day and date.

skyelevator
Apr 12, 2020

numberoneposter posted:

probably gonna buy this and let it download while im at work tomato

I'd like to think that your autocorrect has done that because you use the word tomato more than tomorrow.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Is GeForce Now support for GoG not live yet?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

agwho posted:

FYI, I ran the file validation tool in Steam and it found 4 hosed up files, so downloading another 29 gb of data. :suicide:

I also had to go through and disable every single overlay I could find since I found online the GOG overlay is crashing things, even though it wasn't running from GOG. Idk if that fixed it, but I also had been running MSI Afterburner, so I restarted my machine, re-validated, and now it gets past the splash screen.

Hopefully someone else finds this useful!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

I am paralyzed by choice. Please help me pick my lifepath! Looking at it for 5 minutes and I cannot decide, help!

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Anno posted:

Crushing the concurrent record for single player games less than an hour from launch (now up to 540k!) isn't what I expected. Like I knew there was a lot of hype, but gently caress man. RIP anyone else gunning for that record until Witcher 4/Cyberpunk 2 unless GTA6 launches day and date.

Its only just now 5pm on the west coast so I imagine people will be hopping on after work as well. I still have an hr left.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Houston Rockets posted:

GOG Galaxy is effed. I redeemed my code. It shows in my library on .com but the launcher cannot figure out that I own the game, even after reinstalling the launcher entirely.

I'm having the same problem, cursed by supporting CDPR

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007
Im doing the third combat tutorial (stealth). It wants me to tag the guards by looking at them and hitting middle mouse button. Nothing is happening when I do that. Help?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm the guy who is constantly crashing every couple minutes

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Rhaegar posted:

Is GeForce Now support for GoG not live yet?

Earlier when my Geforce Now App was working, it was showing support for GoG, but not importing my steam version. Now when I try to open Geforce it just hangs up before anything loads at all. Dunno if it's a software issue, or just a traffic issue because everyone is on it. I'm at least trying to download it on steam for now, to see if my 1050 runs it until GeForce Now starts working, but I think it's decrypting(no download but disk usage)

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

I just tossed a mother fucker in a dumpster lmao

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Diogines posted:

I am paralyzed by choice. Please help me pick my lifepath! Looking at it for 5 minutes and I cannot decide, help!

Nomad

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Cavauro posted:

If you are using GoG there were posts earlier saying to turn off the overlay because its causing crashes.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

go corpo, holy poo poo this first like 15 mins is straight out of blade runner

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

No Industrial piercing with Septum piercing at the same time?

That's all the face piercings I have <:mad:>

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

pmchem posted:

me and my 1070 are goin' in, boys:

pray for me

I have a (4gb) 1070 too, so I'm vaguely interested in your results. I'm likely more hosed by my CPU though, which is a rather outdated 3.5ghz i5-6600k.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Im doing the third combat tutorial (stealth). It wants me to tag the guards by looking at them and hitting middle mouse button. Nothing is happening when I do that. Help?

Changed the key bind for tagging and still not working. Curious if anyone else has this problem.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The Good Queen Clitoris posted:

Its only just now 5pm on the west coast so I imagine people will be hopping on after work as well. I still have an hr left.

And there's an outside chance it won't even by the #1 PC platform. W3 I think was about 50/50 with GOG at launch.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

game is SO PRETTY

just a city pic

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Earlier when my Geforce Now App was working, it was showing support for GoG, but not importing my steam version. Now when I try to open Geforce it just hangs up before anything loads at all. Dunno if it's a software issue, or just a traffic issue because everyone is on it. I'm at least trying to download it on steam for now, to see if my 1050 runs it until GeForce Now starts working, but I think it's decrypting(no download but disk usage)

It's working for me, but I had to wait a while for the ToS to load and allow me to accept it. That said I'm really happy with it now. Not bad for $5 a month.

I even have the Pyscho Raytracing enabled.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
GoG finally showed up, downloading at a solid 8MB/s... 59GB whole GBs to get

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Cavauro posted:

Clock down your memory a bit

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

quote from the "Future Shock" section of the CP sourcebook included as GOG extras PDF:

quote:

In the United States, thirty-two years of corrupt government and economic destabilization have resulted in a nation divided- by class, by race and by economics. By the end of the 1980's, it was evident that the nation was in trouble. Most social norms had dissolved under an all engulfing wave of competing special interest groups, media fueled fads, and an overall "me first" worldview.

yeah, that checks out

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

ufarn posted:

Disable the overlay in the GOG client settings.

id already done that, restarting the client fixed it

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I assume the game is still decrypting, but it's been an hour or more. This isn't the first time I've preloaded a game that took longer to unpack than to do a fresh install. I'll give it another hour, I guess.

E: restarting Steam seems to have jostled things loose.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 10, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
LOL look what I found on the company intranet, 420 rooms

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
30 minutes of making futa in the char screen feelsgoodman

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i am very happy with my corpo pick and i will do anything to keep that lifestyle, gently caress everything else i need my slick cyberpunk asthetic

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

in-game my dick is clipping through my pants in the inventory screen 10/10

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

there's a section in the credits for "cyberpunk babies"

it's long.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
game runs great on a 1080 so far inside on High, assuming outside will be worse but the intro so far is 60fps plus

herr
Jan 19, 2009
it sounds like someone is lightly electrifying my headphone wire 80% of the time i'm walking around/talking to people
that's totally intended right haha feels so cyberpunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's running like a dream. I'm getting a stable 60fps with everything maxxed and RT at ultra on a 2070S at 1080p.

There she is. Night City. City of dreams and bunch of weird poo poo I just ain't psychologically prepared for yet.