Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gret posted:

I don't think anything can be worse than the milk gimp.

but that was great

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

And it didn’t cost Newgarden his job either.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Basticle posted:

but that was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSiHbZK8F8

It sure was

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Fun fact, thanks to that masterpiece I get to introduce AI posters to Milk Gimp on a regular basis :getin:

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
all i want is one more delta force intro

they arent even hard to write

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
idk how abc and nbc have managed to make cars inches from each other going 240 mph boring but they did

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/ajfoytracing/status/1338891373676781570

Good for the kid I guess but he slow. Guess that means Grosjean passed, lol

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

https://twitter.com/ajfoytracing/status/1338891373676781570

Good for the kid I guess but he slow. Guess that means Grosjean passed, lol

Entirely possible Grosjean's taking a break, couldn't blame him at all. Still thinking Grosjean will end up with the Peugeot WEC project though.

in other news Rahal is sending another car to Japan - the chassis Takuma Sato won the 500 in is going to the Honda Museum in basically the same spec it ended the race in. That'll be a nice addition to the Honda Collection Hall, which currently has Buddy Rice's Indy 500 winner and one of the Chip Ganassi CART cars on display. Considering how much they've achieved in the U.S., getting another car or two in there to balance out all the mediocre mid-2000s Formula 1 machines isn't a bad goal.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Long Beach moving to September 26th.

Which makes Long Beach... the season finale. :getin:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress, I'm very down for that since it might actually be doable to travel by then.

Also, championship deciding race at a track with a hairpin that often goes clownshoes? gently caress yes.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/IndyCar/status/1339638164319825920

West coast swing in September to finish the season. Hopefully things will be back to enough of a "normal" for the schedule to be seen through.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

WindyMan posted:

West coast swing in September to finish the season. Hopefully things will be back to enough of a "normal" for the schedule to be seen through.

Just in time for widespread wildfires!

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Being a Torontonian, not so sure it will happen.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Cygni posted:

Long Beach moving to September 26th.

Which makes Long Beach... the season finale. :getin:

That’s cool.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Conor managed to keep the Air Force money and is sticking with ECR for the road coarses. :unsmith:

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Basticle posted:

for the road coarses. :unsmith:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Appropriate since Ed graduated from Butler!

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
What's with the 2nd race in on the Indy road course, the August race?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

PotatoJudge posted:

What's with the 2nd race in on the Indy road course, the August race?

The series owns the track and doesn't have to pay itself a sanctioning fee, so its a way to pad the schedule in a season where attendance is likely gonna continue to be a disaster if the races are even run. Like the "Harvest GP" this year.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Cygni posted:

The series owns the track and doesn't have to pay itself a sanctioning fee, so its a way to pad the schedule in a season where attendance is likely gonna continue to be a disaster if the races are even run. Like the "Harvest GP" this year.

I think almost all of the teams are based out of Indianapolis too so it's a non-travel event as well if the situation gets that bad.

same sort of idea as IMSA running extra races at Daytona, Sebring and Road America this past year - they own the tracks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is Long Beach moving to protect it from potentially being lost (again) to COVID or is this a permanent thing somebody thought was a good idea?

Because it's not a bad idea, I'm just curious as to if it's a one-off.

harperdc posted:

I think almost all of the teams are based out of Indianapolis too so it's a non-travel event as well if the situation gets that bad.

same sort of idea as IMSA running extra races at Daytona, Sebring and Road America this past year - they own the tracks.

And NASCAR changing the second race of the season from Fontana to the Daytona road course at the 11th hour.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Long Beach moving to protect it from potentially being lost (again) to COVID or is this a permanent thing somebody thought was a good idea?

And NASCAR changing the second race of the season from Fontana to the Daytona road course at the 11th hour.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the schedule is frontloaded with races in states that don't care and backloaded with states that are serious about restrictions.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://www.corriere.it/cronache/20...33ff67873.shtml

Zanardi is apparently now communicating with his wife and completely conscious.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Whew.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
PT is done lol

https://twitter.com/paultracy3/status/1340848915214598145

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The guy is also right (not PT) - Tracy was only able to win when all the top line competition left. Even in top rides in the CART golden era he could never quite pull it off.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i would love to believe that but i doubt they'll actually do anything substantial

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Frond posted:

The guy is also right (not PT) - Tracy was only able to win when all the top line competition left. Even in top rides in the CART golden era he could never quite pull it off.

I think he had plenty of experience to be a commentator, and in general thought his (none foot related commentary) was p good, I just don't get why he can't shut up

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
He's very stupid and a perpetually aggressive pinhead. During Houston in 1998 he rammed his teammate Franchitti from behind when they were running 1-2, wrecking his car (Dario Won), and then tried to fight his boss in the pits.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I thought i saw a rumor that they already fired Tracy, or I guess more specifically weren't reupping his contract.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Vasukhani posted:

I think he had plenty of experience to be a commentator, and in general thought his (none foot related commentary) was p good, I just don't get why he can't shut up

Your personal feelings and opinions on things isn't what makes you a chud. It's the arrogance and stupidity to think that general audiences give a poo poo about your personal feelings and opinions.

There are a lot of people like Paul Tracy, including a lot of people you know and admire. It's just that most of them are smart enough to keep their loving mouth shut about it.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Cygni posted:

I thought i saw a rumor that they already fired Tracy, or I guess more specifically weren't reupping his contract.

This would explain both his attitude and lack of giving poo poo to post it

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Eric Cowdin going back to Ganassi as Jimmie/TK's engineer.

https://racer.com/2020/12/21/cowdin-returns-to-cgr-as-johnson-kanaan-race-engineer/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Street courses take a long time to setup, so moving it to the fall - after Portland and Laguna, saving the trucks an extra trip west - is a bigger guarantee that it gets done than hoping things might be okay in April.

"But St. Pete is right there starting the year!" I hear you say, to which I reply "Florida."

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Zanardi is responding to external stimuli. Hopefully he recovers fully.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
You can make a joke about his legs, but I'd rather you not.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Frond posted:

:chloe:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Frond posted:

I mean wasn't the joke from the medic's book on traveling with CART that Zanardi woke up from the surgeries after his September 2001 wreck, pulled the bed sheet up, looked down, and said "Thank god they left the one in the middle"

it seems like racers make the joke enough themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:siren: HEY :siren:. It's time for TWISTS! TURNS! TWEETS!

quote:

It is time to continue a new Christmas tradition! Yes, SASCAR Winter Heat Presents the 3rd Annual World Figure 8 Championship 3-Hour Enduro Christmas Watch Party. That's right! There's a 3-hour figure 8 endurance race with 800hp cars, hot pit stops, more finishers than starters, and drivers with balls as heavy or heavier than their right foot as they careen through the intersection thousands upon thousands times. We're going to get together to watch it on Christmas day!

The fun begins at 11 a.m Pacific / 2 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. GMT on December 25 with a one-hour pre-show of various Winter Heat favorites. You'll see Tuff Trucks, backwards drag racing (with a twist!), questionable class racing, Dumb poo poo, and yes—cars will fly. The main event, a 4-hour live race broadcast of the 2020 Figure 8 3-Hour Enduro (3 hours for the race plus time for red flags and post-race stuff) will be shown via screenshare on the SASCAR Discord around 12 noon Pacific / 3 p.m. Eastern / 8 p.m. GMT on Christmas Day. Things should wrap up around 5p PT/8p ET/Midnight GMT.

For regulars, please note that this playlist will NOT be shown in the Winter Heat CyTube channel, as the 2020 Enduro can't be embedded externally. Instead, it will be shown via a new #winterheat channel in the SASCAR Discord, to be found here: https://discord.gg/qjRQSDhuEt

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 25, 2020