Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

JazzFlight posted:

I wish this wasn't so clunky. Not sure why they made it so user-unfriendly like this. Just let us pick which skill we want to add out of the group, geez.

You do get exactly that by removing seals? It just has a cost instead of being able to perfectly optimize your weapons from the word go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Given how HW1 was, I fully expect that to get some QOL updates down the line

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Ardryn posted:

You do get exactly that by removing seals? It just has a cost instead of being able to perfectly optimize your weapons from the word go.

I think what they mean is when each weapon has one seal (i.e. all the trash you picked up), and which one you transfer is determined by the order of which you clicked first. For that case there's no balance change; un-selecting/re-selecting in a different order to choose a different one is just an inconvenience.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

JazzFlight posted:

I wish this wasn't so clunky. Not sure why they made it so user-unfriendly like this. Just let us pick which skill we want to add out of the group, geez.

Warriors Orochi had weapon fusion perfected and I'm not sure why they decided to go backwards from it for the Hyrule Warriors games.

Anyway quick question about the first Hyrule Warriors game, since I was curious. Does DE add the 8 bit weapons back? They got taken out in Legends which was really disappointing.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Lakitu7 posted:

I think what they mean is when each weapon has one seal (i.e. all the trash you picked up), and which one you transfer is determined by the order of which you clicked first. For that case there's no balance change; un-selecting/re-selecting in a different order to choose a different one is just an inconvenience.

Oh, yeah it is a bit annoying to select and de-select weapons in the perfect order if you didn't notice/forgot what you wanted first.

fake edit:

Twelve by Pies posted:

Warriors Orochi had weapon fusion perfected and I'm not sure why they decided to go backwards from it for the Hyrule Warriors games.

Anyway quick question about the first Hyrule Warriors game, since I was curious. Does DE add the 8 bit weapons back? They got taken out in Legends which was really disappointing.

DE does have the 8bit weapons but you have to unlock them and they're just skins for 4+ weapons. Which I guess could be an improvement or a detriment depending on your viewpoint.

Ardryn fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 9, 2020

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I'm fine with them just being skins, that's actually pretty great. Better than just removing them completely like Legends did. Link swinging a raft around is just funny.

So has anyone figured out a way to make bow Zelda good? I tried using her in a post game mission that required her to fight three Lynels and she was just awful. Her "super mode" was pathetically weak and just got me beat in the face by Lynel crushers over and over.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm fine with them just being skins, that's actually pretty great. Better than just removing them completely like Legends did. Link swinging a raft around is just funny.

So has anyone figured out a way to make bow Zelda good? I tried using her in a post game mission that required her to fight three Lynels and she was just awful. Her "super mode" was pathetically weak and just got me beat in the face by Lynel crushers over and over.

The super mode is really only good for blasting down a weakpoint, or clearing a line of trash enemies you want to style on i guess, mostly save your meter so you can force a weakpoint and immediately follow up with her stasis when you're fighting big enemies 1v1. Her stasis followup is pretty good at depleting weakpoints if you can force them out before using it. Other than that, use rods, if you're really pressured just stasis and reposition, and her C6 can also force weakpoints.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Gonna do the end of chapter 2 after the game awards tonight. I really like the pacing of this game so far. The story levels are hefty enough to do, there's enough side stuff to do inbetween so it doesn't feel old, the side combat stuff is short and sweet, and it just feels good even if i'm six hours and barely in there.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Warrior's Dojo put out a new video and... is Riju good actually?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alacron posted:

No still not good

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alacron posted:

I watched this earlier, and it's definitely a good look at that character, even though I don't like to play them the same way with the heavy dash focus.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Twelve by Pies posted:

The 'Super Mode' isn't a 'Super Mode'. Its something you're supposed to weave in and out of, not pull a Young Link/Tiki and stay in for as long as possible. Notably once you have some rings around enemies its heavy attack will hit them from any range so it can be good for punishing Lynels or Hinoxes from far away. Think of it as an optional artillery mode you go into when trying to punish weakpoints or attacking an enemy from a distance but drop out when you actually need to move around.

Zelda's Slate is way more broken anyways though. Like you can cheese the gently caress out of the Lynel mission with it by abusing the short rune cooldown and the fact using bombs makes you invulnerable on demand.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The only way I see ever beating that mission is paying to level her up to max (after getting Link there) and farming weapons until I max out the bow of light

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The only way I see ever beating that mission is paying to level her up to max (after getting Link there) and farming weapons until I max out the bow of light

You could also just make the food that refills your special coupled with the two biggest attack boost dishes you have then spam out special attacks.

Also helps if you have her on the cusp of levelling up so you get a free special refill in the stage, you should be able to absolutely destroy it. I have it on pretty regular farm when I need Lynel stuff and my Zelda's only like 63 with level 18 non-optimized weapons.

But for real if anyone is having any issues with a stage, the food that has your special bar constantly replenish trivializes basically everything. Specials do so much damage in this game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Bow of Light Zelda in super mode can use any of her strong attacks on demand including the C6 that forces the WPG, you just hold block and hit one of the buttons. I think most people just hit Y because that one (C4) is really good. Or didn’t read the move explanation screen. It drains special meter so I put special gauge charge ++ on my weapon and basically never run out. But yeah it isn’t meant to be used all the time.

Also her Stasis is insanely good if you use it on an enemy with their WPG exposed you’re basically guaranteed to break it instantly.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Just to be sure, the armor in the game is just cosmetic, right? There's nothing wrong with making Link wear nothing but his briefs and a hat?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Bow of Light Zelda in super mode can use any of her strong attacks on demand including the C6 that forces the WPG, you just hold block and hit one of the buttons. I think most people just hit Y because that one (C4) is really good. Or didn’t read the move explanation screen. It drains special meter so I put special gauge charge ++ on my weapon and basically never run out. But yeah it isn’t meant to be used all the time.

Also her Stasis is insanely good if you use it on an enemy with their WPG exposed you’re basically guaranteed to break it instantly.

The explanation is honestly pretty confusing.

Also I just want to say that the bow training mission is complete bullshit and doesn't have nearly enough enemies to reasonably get through in ten minutes at the level you get to it, and it takes you all ten minutes to figure this out.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

Just to be sure, the armor in the game is just cosmetic, right? There's nothing wrong with making Link wear nothing but his briefs and a hat?

briefs and hat is optimal

but yes, clothes are purely aesthetic so wear what you want

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rand Brittain posted:

Also I just want to say that the bow training mission is complete bullshit and doesn't have nearly enough enemies to reasonably get through in ten minutes at the level you get to it, and it takes you all ten minutes to figure this out.

I agree that the explanation is poorly laid out and a little confusing.

That mission was a lot easier after I realized the Moblins and their friends will come to you eventually. But it still took like 9 minutes to beat.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Its really not that bad? Just don't go into artillery mode and you should be fine just using her regular attack combo and running around.

I had like a full minute left and was underlevelled for it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AOC:
Can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether there are more playable characters than Link, Zelda, Impa and the four guardians?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

AOC:
Can someone give me a yes/no answer on whether there are more playable characters than Link, Zelda, Impa and the four guardians?

Yes, lots, although not on the same level as most musou games.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Zore posted:

Zelda's Slate is way more broken anyways though. Like you can cheese the gently caress out of the Lynel mission with it by abusing the short rune cooldown and the fact using bombs makes you invulnerable on demand.

Yeah I went back with the slate and stomped the mission easily. I'm sure there's ways to make it work but after that I'm just going to mentally classify Zelda's other weapon as "not good" and just never use it.

I unlocked the first post game character last night, been messing around with them. The laser seems to have interactions with the C3 and C4, and also the C4 reacts differently depending on whether it's charged or not. I don't see any interaction at all with the C5 or C2, and while the C1 creates little "options" that also fire lasers, they disappear after one shot so they seem fairly useless. Still, a neat character and I like their cryonis.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Yes, lots, although not on the same level as most musou games.

18 is bigger than most spinoffs, and you have 21 movesets.

That's more than OG Hyrule Warriors launched with, more than Fire Emblem Warriors, more than Berserk and the Band of the Hawk or the OG Pirate Warriors. Especially impressive because none are re-used from the original Hyrule Warriors, most Warriors games end up bloating to massive cast sizes by mostly just porting stuff game to game then adding new stuff on top and then tweaking it over time.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Does anyone know how Daruk's enhanced ability is supposed to work? It says press Y to summon magma bombs, but pressing Y just regular attacks. Pressing Y after ZR doesn't seem to do anything either, nor does pressing Y near the magma he creates.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Does anyone know how Daruk's enhanced ability is supposed to work? It says press Y to summon magma bombs, but pressing Y just regular attacks. Pressing Y after ZR doesn't seem to do anything either, nor does pressing Y near the magma he creates.

Its at the end of his normal combo string. He basically gets an eighth attack at the very end that rains down magma bombs around you.

Its really poorly worded

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Idk what the spoiler policy is but chapter 3
the whole time hetsu was guiding us i had an eyebrow up like "ni way hes playable... But whats that red stuff sometimes...?" loving love this roster lol. Felt like a godkimg when i got the master sword holy poo poo

yeah no loving wonder Zelda is bitchy at this link. She can't get her powers and this guy can kill his way through an army :stare:

https://twitter.com/morningmoonmeme/status/1337812996903428096
this is horrific and i love it. Guess Omega Force has made me a crack addict.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 12, 2020

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Is there a name for that gesture, where a group is doing a walk & talk and a girl rushes ahead, only to turn around, lean forward and make some dumbass pose, forcing everyone to stop

It happens all the time in Japanese game cutscenes and especially this game. Why is it so common. If people did that in real life they'd be huge assholes

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finally unlocked the last character today though I haven't had a chance to use them yet, kind of silly they're playable but not really a complaint.

I also found the worst mission in the game, one where you have to fight six Lynels in fields of Lizalfos that are all "activated" and firing electricity/ice/arrows at you nonstop. The framerate straight up went to single digits in the electric Lizalfos area, I could barely play. It was bad.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Finally unlocked the last character today though I haven't had a chance to use them yet, kind of silly they're playable but not really a complaint.

I also found the worst mission in the game, one where you have to fight six Lynels in fields of Lizalfos that are all "activated" and firing electricity/ice/arrows at you nonstop. The framerate straight up went to single digits in the electric Lizalfos area, I could barely play. It was bad.

Same thing happened to me in that mission. Getting frozen or shocked or burned or spit on or hit with arrows while fighting Lynels had me quite agitated. Then I sent Bow Zelda to fight the two Malice Lynels and yeah that wasn’t happening. Link had to bail her out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Zore posted:

Its really not that bad? Just don't go into artillery mode and you should be fine just using her regular attack combo and running around.

I had like a full minute left and was underlevelled for it.

Okay, yeah, it turned out to be easy if you just never Luminesce and spend all your bar blowing up bokoblins with your special.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Warriors Dojo has a new video on why Sheikah Slate Zelda is busted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5ypNAaQRQ

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alacron posted:

Warriors Dojo has a new video on why Sheikah Slate Zelda is busted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL5ypNAaQRQ

Sheikah Slate is my favorite moveset in the game, and this is a real good breakdown of why it is actually really amazing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Finished all the missions except one, which I have to collect all the remaining korok seeds for, then I guess I've fully completed it until we get DLC. I hope the DLC has the DLC outfits from BotW, I want my lobster shirt.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Here's hoping that other characters besides Link will get different outfits.

Also let me change the colors of Zelda's winter coat dammit.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Alacron posted:

Here's hoping that other characters besides Link will get different outfits.

Also let me change the colors of Zelda's winter coat dammit.

Yeah. I've gotten to the point where Zelda starts wearing a maternity dress, and I'd really like her to go back to what she was wearing before.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Yeah. I've gotten to the point where Zelda starts wearing a maternity dress, and I'd really like her to go back to what she was wearing before.

After you got the first credits Zelda and the Champions can start swapping clothes. Zelda gets her default outfit, the dress and the cool winter clothes she wore during the Revali recruitment cutscene. The Champions get their variants with and without their blue champion clothing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I just unlocked the monk and great fairy and I love how weird this game is getting.

I think I have sevenish more characters to unlock and I had no idea it would get this strange. I love it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I keep going :stare: with every dude i unlock. Too bad i got 2 chapters left and am way too hooked on the story to try em out. Godking link will have to eat 10k moblins while the rest look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Teba now has a bow with Midair Attack 22/21/18 on it and he absolutely destroys everything with his C6.

So a question about a couple of recipes I've looked around and can't find good answers on what they do. They would be the Wheat Bread (cooking effects +20%) and the Monster foods (all stats + x% but health - y%). I know the Monster ones sound self explanatory but I cooked the 15% stat boost one and it didn't seem like it did anything. I was running one particular mission over and over again for Hinox guts, and my character seemed to be doing the same amount of damage when I cooked the Monster meal, since I was finishing it off at about the same time as I was when I hadn't cooked it. Unless there's some sort of weird thing where enemies can't take more than a set amount of damage per hit, it would seem to do nothing.

The Wheat Bread boosts cooking effects but what does that mean exactly? If I cook Damage 10%/12% and then Wheat Bread does my damage get boosted by 42%? Warriors Dojo seems to think it doesn't, since when they talked about Zelda's rune damage being boosted by food, they said that everyone else is capped at a 32% boost from food. It's possible he forgot about Wheat Bread, or also isn't sure what it does, though.

They just seem to be weird recipes that have effects that aren't self explanatory or don't seem to do what they say they do.