Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

barnold posted:

"constantly having to buy and replace micro USB ports on my controller"

What are you (and all your definitely real friends with the same problem) doing to your controller's charging port this has never been a problem reported anywhere lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bradzilla posted:

What are you (and all your definitely real friends with the same problem) doing to your controller's charging port this has never been a problem reported anywhere lmao

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know your whole gimmick is just trolling this thread but the DS4's micro-usb problems are extremely well documented lol. You could have chosen literally any other point to call him out on.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Boy is my face red

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Micro usb sucks

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Honestly I’ve had less issues with USB-C then with Lightning cables. I just like the way it fits better. That pocket lint can be a huge PITA.

Lightning is really bad with that if you have kids.

USB-C is not going to be any better for pocket lint on phones, at least.

its definitely nicer than micro-USB but they can still fail. I've had plenty of lightning cables fail (all apple ones, fraying right at the connector) but never a port stop working and I manage a fleet of 500 iphones at work, some as old as the 5S.

I havent had a USB-C fail either but I have like 4 devices that use those and they are all less than a year old.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I've taken apart 3 ps4 controllers and they are probs the worst constructed controllers I've ever repaired(and I've done this a lot). I'm amazed they work at all.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
The series controllers are a little bit too small for my hands and uncomfortable. This generation is going to be the first one ever where the Sony controllers fit my hands better.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Micro usb sucks

I have nothing positive to say about the format

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Twerk from Home posted:

The series controllers are a little bit too small for my hands and uncomfortable. This generation is going to be the first one ever where the Sony controllers fit my hands better.

I have big hands and was going to pick up a Series controller on sale during BF/Cyber Monday for $39 but I kept reading it's a fair bit smaller than the Xbox One controllers which are like a perfect fit for me so I held off. The Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers are like the perfect gaming pads imo. I still have a coupled wired 360 controllers I use for my PC.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is barely smaller, but it's about thinner

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm pretty sure they're the exact same size, the material texture just makes it feel different in the hand. The grips are a tiny bit smaller but I don't think perceivably so.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I need that girth for my meaty paws.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sadly I can confirm they don't plump when you cook em

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the elite V2 is a nice controller.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

teagone posted:

I have big hands and was going to pick up a Series controller on sale during BF/Cyber Monday for $39 but I kept reading it's a fair bit smaller than the Xbox One controllers which are like a perfect fit for me so I held off. The Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers are like the perfect gaming pads imo. I still have a coupled wired 360 controllers I use for my PC.
they're all the same size, sorry my 360 controller is gross

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

teagone posted:

It's only 3% smaller.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hmm, weird how many posts I read saying it was significantly smaller elsewhere online and not as good for people with big hands compared to the Xbox One controller. I'll pick one up the next time they go on sale again to see for myself.

[edit] I guess for reference of how big my hands are, I can palm a regulation size basketball no problem.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

butt dickus posted:

they're all the same size, sorry my 360 controller is gross

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-controller/

Microsoft says that it's smaller, and I tried to photograph a difference and kept picking them up and feeling. The difference is so small that it's not visible and I had a hard time measuring it with measuring tape, but I can feel it.

I do feel like a lunatic about this.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there any place I can read/watch a review of Cyberpunk 2077 on Series X that focuses mostly on the performance of the game with some non-spoiler gameplay videos?

e: all I have watched from the game was the 30min gameplay trailer introducing Johnny Silver and then the 20min gameplay trailer from a few months ago so I really, really, really want to avoid any and all spoilers/hype related content.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You'd probably have to wait for the DF video whenever that drops. Hopefully by Friday. I'm really interested in it too seeing as how the early reports are that it's atrocious on the base lastgen consoles.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Battery chat: I bought a beefy as gently caress Anker power bank when the Switch came out. Rather than plug my DS4 into the PS4 when it died, I plugged it into the power bank. Was super convenient and I didn't have to be tied to a console or wall.

I'm pretty glad I don't need to use a DS4 again.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
MS needs to bring back the duke. :colbert:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

MS needs to bring back the duke. :colbert:

Someone did

https://www.amazon.com.au/Hyperkin-...07571800&sr=8-1

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

:swoon:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Seamus "xbox daddy" blackley did a couple years ago.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought one of those, it's cool and a good way to play xbox originals. Wonder if it works on series x

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

I bought one of those, it's cool and a good way to play xbox originals. Wonder if it works on series x

It does.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Laserface posted:

is there any place I can read/watch a review of Cyberpunk 2077 on Series X that focuses mostly on the performance of the game with some non-spoiler gameplay videos?

I just want to know if it looks even remotely similar to the original gameplay video they showed (saving the woman in the bath from the apartment, and showing the building you live in) because that moment when they step outside and the world is full of NPCs and it actually looks like a real city was phenomenal. Everything I've seen since has shown a drastic reduction in people that populate the city to the point of it looking really weird now.

I'm guessing it got a major downgrade like Witcher 3 but given all the news of how much crunch the devs have put in and how poorly they've been treated I don't know why CDPR didn't just ditch the old gen versions of the game and focus on the Series X & PS5 versions so it could actually look exactly like that early "gameplay" footage that we saw. They've pushed the game out after the new console generation already started so it's just pointless, should have given it an extra year or two so devs could not suffer and the game could be what they originally showed - maybe even better.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd say the scale and height of the buildings look like a real city but the graphics are definitely downgraded and the npcs barely talk or do stuff.

Also I have this annoying glitch where UI elements stay stuck on the screen

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a video I took of that exact scene on a series x

[video type=""]/ZmcGXifwr8RrVyGV8[/video]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZmcGXifwr8RrVyGV8

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Here's a video I took of that exact scene on a series x

[video type=""]/ZmcGXifwr8RrVyGV8[/video]

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZmcGXifwr8RrVyGV8

the web link shows pretty low quality, but if you download the video shows fine, good quality for series x, I wonder how it looks like in one x and s

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love the scale of the game in that buildings look tall and feel large, I hope GTA manages to take that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I have games on one account and have gamepass on the other account, is there a way to say transfer my forza save to the account with the forza dlc

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I have games on one account and have gamepass on the other account, is there a way to say transfer my forza save to the account with the forza dlc

if they are on the same console it should work fine.

theres probably some complexity to the whole home console thing that I have no experience with as a person with 1 account and 1 xbox.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

Ah good, I thought it was just my TV!
When I finally got a HDR display I was so excited to see what I'd been missing, but all I played at the time was Destiny so I excitedly turned that on and it looked like absolute poo poo and I assumed I just had a bad display for months after.

No, Destiny's HDR just sucks poo poo apparently.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Just set your console as the DLC-having account's home Xbox and you should have access to it from the other account too, I think.

Can't move saves between accounts.

In case I misunderstood the circumstances you can just do the same for all the accounts involved; one Xbox can be home for multiple accounts anyway. Then play using the account with the save.

Zat fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 10, 2020

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Crafty posted:

Where are you based, Europe and east US is pretty solid for me.

Re: Halo 8v8

Western Europe, I even opened servers from the entire planet but alas. Funny thing is, 4v4 finds a match in seconds.

Oh well! I'm sure Halo Infinite will be the best Halo game ever made. Latest screenshots that were released yesterday look very nice, let's hope that these are not just throwaway renders. The multiplayer will also be free to play.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zat posted:

Just set your console as the DLC-having account's home Xbox and you should have access to it from the other account too, I think.

Can't move saves between accounts.

In case I misunderstood the circumstances you can just do the same for all the accounts involved; one Xbox can be home for multiple accounts anyway. Then play using the account with the save.

Got it this answers the question yeah.

A friend bought me Forza 4 with DLC and I redeemed it on the wrong account. I can add that account but I'll have to start over with my Forza save to play with the DLC sounds like? Or I can try and see if having the DLC on the xbox gives it to all accounts, which I'll try first. My main account was playing on gamepass version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Diddler posted:

I thought those codes expired at the end of the year, which would make them extra funny if true.

Just checked it. It does. Funniest God damned thing ever.