Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I looked in the mirror and now I'm bald? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Is this the sort of game where I should loot everything? Is there encumbrance? I think I have like 10 guns now

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tenzarin posted:

Ok, but hows the game?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh God I'm in a 90s industrial club and it's fabulous

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
i7-3770 / 16GB ram / 2070s | ssd

Took a ton of loving around with but I think I found a combo that works pretty well in terms of quality/perf.

Driving seemed to absolutely tank my performance no matter what I did, until I started using the xbone controller, now it feels much smoother. I also have to eat poo poo and admit I was completely wrong about the driving, I think it's loving great so far. Not quite like gta4 amazing, but the rear end kicks out pretty easily on the entry corpo car and it's fun to whip around in.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hard might be too hard I keep getting my rear end whomped

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
in looking for the photos i took i found that the original cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook is included with the game, which is good, but i did not manage to find the photos, which is bad

where are they on pc?

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
If you're playing on PC with an nVidia card there's new drivers out. Dunno how much it'll do for the bugs people are running into but I had some weird issues while streaming the game earlier.

Stream was smoother the worse my FPS was so I cranked the graphics up to RTX Ultra and played at 30fps till my friends went to bed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I found the horny channel on the tv.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Shirkelton posted:

Walking around near Megabuilding H8.

Just want to say I've been appreciating the live reports. Game seems kind of... hollow?
I'm definitely going to hold off until v2.0.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

People are saying turning down Cascaded Shadow Resolution seems to help framerate a lot. Can't test right now though. Also maybe a bug with GPU not getting fully utilized?

Do this now. I got an extra 10-20 fps depending on where I was and can't really tell much of a difference graphics wise.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Eau de MacGowan posted:

in looking for the photos i took i found that the original cyberpunk 2020 sourcebook is included with the game, which is good, but i did not manage to find the photos, which is bad

where are they on pc?

You have to register then you can download it from gog.com

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/goodies#how-it-works

Edit: I’m dumb ignore this.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Can anyone change their keybindings? I want Tab to be on my thumb mouse buttons but after changing it in the options menu, it doesn't take and I still need to press Tab.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Not too far in but it seems to run fine on PS4 Pro.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Games runs great on medium with a Rx 580. I'll tweak it when I see recommended settings, and can probably get a bunch of it to high but things look great and I honestly don't care that much.

Ran into a couple hugs with the ultrawide where it wouldn't render the sides swapping in and out of menus but otherwise things are pretty smooth.

I will say that driving with a keyboard is really scary given that of you accidentally drive over anyone in front of cops they'll drop everything and go nuts on you

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

spaced ninja posted:

You have to register then you can download it from gog.com

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/goodies#how-it-works

hmm seems inefficient but thanks for the info

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

where are they on pc?

On GOG click the extras tab in the game listing in your library. If not GOG I think you connect steam to GOG to obtain them.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Please Lord tell me there’s a way to use mkb & controller at the same time without the UI freaking out.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
ray tracing is cool but hot drat FidelityFX CAS is what makes it look GOOD

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The shooting's actually better than I expected, feels nice and chunky eeeexcept that shotguns seem kind of weak, which is a problem because it's something I want to spec towards. Specifically, it seems like it just doesn't do extra headshot damage from what testing I did.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Eau de MacGowan posted:

where are they on pc?

In your Windows Picture folder there should be a Cyberpunk 2077 folder

also I got the bald bug

Fried Watermelon fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 10, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
What option for public hair did y'all pick? I went for boxers because I wanted to protect my dick.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
omg the actual gameplay tutorial is amazing

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

Please Lord tell me there’s a way to use mkb & controller at the same time without the UI freaking out.

I'm doing this and it's perfectly fine switching between the two.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Had first crash right after the Ripperdoc visit.

Storytelling is pretty good so far. Controls are not super intuitive right now. Good dicks.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Fried Watermelon posted:

In your Windows Picture folder there should be a Cyberpunk 2077 folder

this also works, thanks!

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Game good? I have to wait a week from today to play it so hopefully bugs are ironed out, but what are the overall impressions?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tenzarin posted:

Seems to only happen when you have a hat on for me

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Im enjoying it. Runs ok but not great since Im on a lovely laptop.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Played and finished the basic combat/hacking tutorial stuff before stopping due to it being late. Didn't see any bugs, on a computer running i9-9900k and a 2080 ti FTW3 plus SDD's.........yeah its a drat pretty game and runs great. I'm not doing any of the ray tracing stuff but everything else is pretty much High or Ultra if that's there, I turned off some of the stuff like film grain, blur and that other option that was there. Never cared for that poo poo.

So yeah, overall nothing but a great experience here. That'll probably change but so far I'm happy.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Does anyone have any tips on how Ping works? I was in the Maelstrom base and trying to find access points, but I'd run Ping and it would show like 30 lines shooting off in every direction from the device to every other device in the room, and then they'd fade out after about 2 seconds. Totally useless for figuring out if an access point even existed. I'm not sure I'm doing hacking right actually, it didn't seem like I had any options at all in that mission except "Distract enemies" which makes me kind of leery about investing heavily if it can't enable a stealth playthrough.

E: 2 crashes during savescumming as I tested various hacking options, as well. Other than that the glitches were minor and largely unremarkable against a great experience.

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
Playing GOG, game loaded normally to the opening credit scene the first time and I restarted it for some reason. Now, crashes right after the CD Projekt Red logo transitioning to the next clip. I uninstalled/reinstalled, disabled cloud sync, am running as an administrator... any suggestions?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
As much hay got made of The Witcher 3's original, sluggish controls, I don't think anything in that game compares to just how bad driving is in this title.

gottagotowork
Jul 7, 2020

Pvt.Scott posted:

I’m pretty sure this game is cool, but my first impression is that it is actually a flaming pile of unplayable poo poo-garbage. Everything just feels broken, untested, poorly explained or under baked.

This, unfortunately, was my experience with the first ~two hours of the game as well. I went in with high expectations but left feeling disoriented by the clumsy controls, confusing UI, poorly designed VR tutorial segment (which also bugged out at one point) and the corny dialogue. And bugs for days. The world itself, while detailed and immersive in places, also feels sterile and janky—V’s hallway and the border checkpoint were populated with duplicate character models within feet of each other with canned one-liners emanating from unmoving lips. My friends and I had more fun watching an enemy get stuck in a wall than the actual combat or stealth mechanics.

Anyway, not trying to be too much of a downer. Will probably give it another shot after a day or two for perspective (and patches?) but definitely not what I was hoping for off the bat.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Parallelwoody posted:

Game good? I have to wait a week from today to play it so hopefully bugs are ironed out, but what are the overall impressions?

Game good. I'm running below the minimum specs on med and it still looks uber pretty and runs smooth as hell. Gunplay is fun, melee is somewhat meh, sneaking can be frustrating (hopefully improved by better silencers later on). Game needs better damage indicators because both my deaths involved me taking a stray round and realizing I was at 25% HP and am now dead.

So far my biggest complaints are that a lot of the act 1 stuff is what was shown off in the various previews, so my first few hours consisted of replaying poo poo I saw two years ago. On the same line, it is pretty easy to see the false choice dilemma in some actions when I've seen them play out differently in trailers. You can solve this problem this way, or this way, or this way, but no matter which way you solve it you're going to have a big action set piece.

Game good, though. I don't regret having spent a penny on it thus far, and I'm usually miserly af.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Game owns so far despite the bugs, however, it's unforgivable that they put underwear on you. What the gently caress.

stratdax posted:

According to reddit, turning down Cascaded Shadows Resolution makes a huge difference.

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Romes128 posted:

I'm doing this and it's perfectly fine switching between the two.

I envy you intensely

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Anyone having issues with DLSS? I just reinstalled my graphics drivers for my 2070 RTX but the DLSS option is just greyed out.

E: ooooooooooooooo poo poo, is DLSS not available on windows 7 ?

Riversideblues fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 10, 2020

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
despite bugs the game is great, its like a huge open world deus ex game, the game I've always new I wanted for years tbh

its so much better then the Bethesda attempts at this its just shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Pretty sure this is running below 1080p on PS4 Pro.