Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

If I understand this correctly, the spoiler is that Jamie Dornan thinks he's a bee? Like... What the gently caress?

That's apparently in the original play. Did they include that in the movie? Is the ending even crazier?

Also this Irish movie only has one major Irish actor, Dornan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

What's the twist in Book of Henry that the reviewer mentioned?

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

What's the twist in Book of Henry that the reviewer mentioned?

I don’t know if “twist” is the right way to describe it but the titular Henry dies halfway through and leaves behind detailed instructions for a plan to murder his neighbor who he suspects is abusing his step-daughter. Henry’s mother follows this plan right up until the point of actually pulling the trigger when she realizes that what she’s doing is wrong and confronts the neighbor instead. He kills himself, Henry’s mother forges paperwork to adopt the step-daughter, end of movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

aware of dog posted:

I don’t know if “twist” is the right way to describe it but the titular Henry dies halfway through and leaves behind detailed instructions for a plan to murder his neighbor who he suspects is abusing his step-daughter. Henry’s mother follows this plan right up until the point of actually pulling the trigger when she realizes that what she’s doing is wrong and confronts the neighbor instead. He kills himself, Henry’s mother forges paperwork to adopt the step-daughter, end of movie.

As autistic assassin movies go, The Accountant is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywViq6pWzvE

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

aware of dog posted:

It's actually pretty good, if sad.

And the chomo dad is Dean Norris, if that helps.

He's the DEA guy from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and is perfectly fitted to that role.

Which means the poor guy is typecast and is probably someone you'd like to hang out with but plays the role to a 'T'

e: and that ending is way better watching him do the officer's final salute

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 10, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
And this happened between idk a 12 y/o boy and Sarah Silverman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXf6EpcBIQA

I feel like it's innocent but some people call it pedo poo poo idk.

He's a boy dying of brain cancer and she's an older woman who gives him a big wet lickery kiss

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

aware of dog posted:

My understanding is that while she is either ready to pull the trigger or confronting him, his daughter is doing an interpretive dance that tells everyone at her recital or talent show or whatever that she's actually being abused by her stepfather, and that is what brings the curtain down on him.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The MSJ posted:

That's apparently in the original play. Did they include that in the movie? Is the ending even crazier?

Also this Irish movie only has one major Irish actor, Dornan.

so i'm guessing we are getting the 2020 Bee Movie!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

And this happened between idk a 12 y/o boy and Sarah Silverman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXf6EpcBIQA

I feel like it's innocent but some people call it pedo poo poo idk.

He's a boy dying of brain cancer and she's an older woman who gives him a big wet lickery kiss

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1333817285534953473?s=20

Baron von Eevl posted:

My understanding is that while she is either ready to pull the trigger or confronting him, his daughter is doing an interpretive dance that tells everyone at her recital or talent show or whatever that she's actually being abused by her stepfather, and that is what brings the curtain down on him.

I think she already knows before hand and thought there's nothing she can do because the father is a respected sherrif, but watching her dance made her can't take it anymore.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so i'm guessing we are getting the 2020 Bee Movie!

Getting that other bee movie vibe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHGntwEikUQ

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/uptwnhoyag/status/1336479279719337987?s=21

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That Malcolm X shot. :popeye:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's actually pretty good, if sad.

And the chomo dad is Dean Norris, if that helps.

He's the DEA guy from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul and is perfectly fitted to that role.

Which means the poor guy is typecast and is probably someone you'd like to hang out with but plays the role to a 'T'

e: and that ending is way better watching him do the officer's final salute

pretty sure he's also a SWAT team member in a few films, possibly including Terminator 2. Dude just gives off cop vibes.

It was Terminator 2. I doubt that's the only one. He plays a lot of cops and generals and colonels. I wish him and Don S Davis had got to work together, ideally both playing anarchists or something.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I know it was actually Michael Chiklis, but when I try to imagine Vic Mackey I just picture Dean Norris. Try it yourself, it's a fun game I like to call "Imagine Vic Mackey"

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

I know it was actually Michael Chiklis, but when I try to imagine Vic Mackey I just picture Dean Norris. Try it yourself, it's a fun game I like to call "Imagine Vic Mackey"

we've got a third member of the 'always plays bald officers and cops' team.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowman_McK posted:

pretty sure he's also a SWAT team member in a few films, possibly including Terminator 2. Dude just gives off cop vibes.

It was Terminator 2. I doubt that's the only one. He plays a lot of cops and generals and colonels. I wish him and Don S Davis had got to work together, ideally both playing anarchists or something.

If someone told me that Dean Norris played a member of a SWAT team in every movie that has SWAT teams that I ever saw, I wouldn't be able to say no with 100% certainty.

He probably plays a SWAT team member in some movies that don't even have SWAT teams.

Or dads that are about to punch you. He's good at that too, though I'm blanking on examples.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Grendels Dad posted:

If someone told me that Dean Norris played a member of a SWAT team in every movie that has SWAT teams that I ever saw, I wouldn't be able to say no with 100% certainty.

He probably plays a SWAT team member in some movies that don't even have SWAT teams.

Or dads that are about to punch you. He's good at that too, though I'm blanking on examples.

All swat team captains should be hilariously miscast by law. Like how Dr Cox is the head swat guy in Se7en and how Chris Isaak is the head of swat in Silence of the Lambs.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Now I want a movie starring Norris and Chiklis where they pretend to be twins.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Pigbuster posted:

What's really amusing me is how someone posted the running scene from Civil War as... I guess arguing "Marvel did it better"???

https://twitter.com/The_Super_Brett/status/1336150187677511682

People running as fast as cars is just inherently funny and I hope superhero movies never stop trying and failing to make it cool.

Once you see that they’re running on a towed mat you can’t un-see it.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

JordanKai posted:

That Malcolm X shot. :popeye:

I don't know if I'm more surprised it took this long for someone to make this film, or that the film happened before it happened in reality.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dean Norris was also the commanding officer missing some limbs in Starship Troopers.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Snowman_McK posted:

I never heard of Don Davis but somehow knew exactly who you're referring to before I looked it up.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/guardiannews/status/1336910226314977280

im here for it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

AceOfFlames posted:

Now I want a movie starring Norris and Chiklis where they pretend to be twins.

With Reginald VelJohnson as their captain.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Dean Norris was also the commanding officer missing some limbs in Starship Troopers.

I thought you were messing with us but yeah goog says he’s the guy saying “the mobile infantry made me the man I am today”

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:eyepop:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I doubt a single cop dies in that movie

save like a designated bad one that's so bad another cop has to shoot him

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm surprised there haven't been more John Qs.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I think the closest to a new John Q we got was Saw 5

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I thought you were messing with us but yeah goog says he’s the guy saying “the mobile infantry made me the man I am today”

Google lies, he's the officer who sentences Rico to ten lashes and later lets him rejoin. He's strangely subdued in that tiny role. The guy with no legs is a different guy.

And the commanding officer missing an arm was Michael Ironside.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Grendels Dad posted:

Google lies, he's the officer who sentences Rico to ten lashes and later lets him rejoin. He's strangely subdued in that tiny role. The guy with no legs is a different guy.

I can understand how someone would confuse Dean Norris and Michael Ironside, especially in 1996.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I can understand how someone would confuse Dean Norris and Michael Ironside, especially in 1996.

My edit was too late, SST is a chaos of bald guys and missing limbs.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

I doubt a single cop dies in that movie

save like a designated bad one that's so bad another cop has to shoot him

Considering his first movie I think cops will die.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
You know, the only problem with John Wick is that it didn’t star Bob Odenkirk
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1337058491119271938?s=21

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I really thought Norris's character was missing a limb or two as well.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

If it were 1990 though? You might need to get your eyes checked

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

Considering his first movie I think cops will die.

She’s gotta have it?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

She’s gotta have it?

Spike Lee didn't direct this. The lead actor did.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

aware of dog posted:

You know, the only problem with John Wick is that it didn’t star Bob Odenkirk
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1337058491119271938?s=21

The bracelet puts it into Keanu territory

The key and peele movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, it feels like a sort of "History of Violence meets John Wick" but it's a comedy.