Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Metaline posted:

Congrats!!!!

Thanks! I'm claiming this no matter what. My fingers are still crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Cowslips Warren posted:

Then there are times I think of the old days, where women had their special tent. I'd be fine if we brought that back and modernized it: work from your little hotel room if you can or want, otherwise you get a week of hot tub or massages or just binge watching poo poo.

Yeah I'm all for this. I can still handle clients, honestly I'd prefer to do it from a location where no one is yelling about YouTube in the background. And then non work time I can just DO NOTHING, which I don't have enough chances to do.

GoodBee posted:

I have a date scheduled for a hysterectomy. I don't believe it's true until the insurance approval comes through though.

If it actually works, I'm pretty sure it's only because I'm over 40. I still wish I could have had a hysterectomy 30 years ago.

Better now than never! Get that poo poo out of there if you don't want it.

I don't really have periods now, due to my hormonal IUD, and I also don't have the premenstrual migraines, severe bouts of nausea, during which I can only lie on the floor and moan, heavy cramping and bleeding, or any of the other bullshit that I had to deal with roughly every 29 days.

Insertion was slightly rough, the day afterwards was really rough. My cervix hated me and had lots of complaining to do. My first period afterwards was rough, months before we had planned a vacation that involved nothing but walking. Great idea for someone with an irritated cervix and a uterus dumping everything and someone else who took a bullet to the hip joint! We were both miserable.

A couple more periods, each progressively lighter, then about a year of "periods" that consisted of one wipe per month that showed very slight spotting, and for about a year, nothing. It's fantastic, I'm due for reinsertion in June and I am 100% going the same route.

My point is, if your period symptoms are debilitating, gently caress around with birth control until you find something that helps.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Skratte posted:

what the gently caress are menstrual clots? Perhaps I should be grateful I even need to ask that question

Imagine enough blood jello to fill a shot glass. There ya go.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
kool-aid woman burst from my ute through my fupa and now im toasting pecans to put on fudge icecream. jealous?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waterbed Wendy posted:

kool-aid woman burst from my ute through my fupa and now im toasting pecans to put on fudge icecream. jealous?

I'm terrified of the implications of which of these are euphemisms and which aren't.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I was cruising around in the ish.com thread and thought this might get a good laugh from you folks:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

I was cruising around in the ish.com thread and thought this might get a good laugh from you folks:

Wut.

Is it dirt for putting in your vagina? Is it sterilized dehydrated period blood? Is it a product specifically designed to induce menstrual cramps?

I would ask why, regardless of any answers to my questions, but I already know the answer and it’s “woo-woo snake oil garbage, but period-themed.”

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Ok

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Accurate. Also I refuse to believe there’s anything absorbent enough to handle my clots.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

this is perfect since my womb is already a graveyard (remember that every egg wasted is another life you have taken from God, ladies!).

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

this is perfect since my womb is already a graveyard (remember that every egg wasted is another life you have taken from God, ladies!).

Maybe god shouldn't have given us hundreds of thousands of eggs, then!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

There has got to be better ways to germinate seeds before planting

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

xcheopis posted:

Maybe god shouldn't have given us hundreds of thousands of eggs, then!

I once had to clean an aquarium exhibit where a lungfish released her season's worth of eggs. I still sometimes have dreams about the balls of fungus because of course she laid over my weekend off.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I was worried those were mothballs at first. Haha good find!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Weird question

I’m currently on prescription iron meds for my poo poo blood, Niferex. Would they affect my period in any way? This one is a few days late, and it’s a slow drip rn with less cramps and aches.

Thought for the aches that have come, ooooh this electric heating pad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I was worried those were mothballs at first. Haha good find!

Vaginal Mothball is a top tier username.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Vaginal Mothball is a top tier username.

Mothball Vaginale, so it would kinda rhyme and maybe sound French and French is classy so people will know your vagina is classy and moth-free like a fine croissant.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Is it a period poop but I haven't started my period yet, or is it just diarrhea? :iiam:

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This morning I blew my nose a little too hard while I was in the shower, I guess, because a two-inch long blood clot fell out. (If you wake up all congested like I do, the steam from the shower loosens everything up and you can just let it all go down the drain.)

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

My worst "p"ms symptoms usually hit during the first days of flow, which is awesome when I'm bleeding a five gallon bucket full and also cramping. Like thanks body. So much for this.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Actual shot of the clot that loving glurped it’s way out of me and got all over my panties

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Haulin Oates posted:

This morning I blew my nose a little too hard while I was in the shower, I guess, because a two-inch long blood clot fell out. (If you wake up all congested like I do, the steam from the shower loosens everything up and you can just let it all go down the drain.)

For a second, despite the thread we're in, I thought you meant the clot came out your nose.

Haulin Oates
Nov 11, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Emily Spinach posted:

For a second, despite the thread we're in, I thought you meant the clot came out your nose.

I had the same thought actually, that it looked like I meant the blood clot came out of my nose and not my vag. In that case I would've been posting from the hospital, or not posting at all but freaking out that my brain started leaking out of my head.

Is anyone else grossed out by rare beef when they're on the rag? I'll demolish a couple of hamburgers no problem (and I did today), but the smell of blood from rare beef is too similar to the way my period smells for my liking.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
lmao at this page of the thread

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Haulin Oates posted:

I had the same thought actually, that it looked like I meant the blood clot came out of my nose and not my vag. In that case I would've been posting from the hospital, or not posting at all but freaking out that my brain started leaking out of my head.

Is anyone else grossed out by rare beef when they're on the rag? I'll demolish a couple of hamburgers no problem (and I did today), but the smell of blood from rare beef is too similar to the way my period smells for my liking.

During the year or so I was using a cup, I found that emptying it smelled EXACTLY like a raw steak.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I have opened up four pads that are not sticking enough.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Maigius posted:

I have opened up four pads that are not sticking enough.

Not quite the same problem, but I bought a bunch of underwear from Aerie that is great except that pads just slide right off of them, and it pisses me off so much.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I don't know what it is this time, but loving hell the smell could kill an elephant at 50 away.

My ovaries are a yin and yang. One month is bloodier while the other hurts more. This month belongs to Miss Blood.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
You feel folks who wear pads are saints about smell. I swear I smell it way more if I have to use pads instead of tampons and I hate it.

If I have to do manual labor even worse: period AND crotch sweat :barf:

Edit: typo

Pinus Porcus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 10, 2020

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

teen witch posted:

Weird question

I’m currently on prescription iron meds for my poo poo blood, Niferex. Would they affect my period in any way? This one is a few days late, and it’s a slow drip rn with less cramps and aches.

Thought for the aches that have come, ooooh this electric heating pad.

I take iron sulphate (200 mg) daily and it hasn’t noticeably affected my period at all.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Haven’t tried the pads yet but The Honeypot liners are excellent for my end-of-period and midcycle spotting. Warning: they will leave your area minty fresh and at first it will feel like burning almost but everything is actually fine, whoa, this herbal poo poo is wild.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

We've got some guys in the house today installing a new water heater and my husband comes downstairs and goes "there's just pads everywhere!" all aghast cause there was a single stray pantyliner behind the laundry as well as my (clean) washable pads are in the same room as the workmen. I go "oh no! They might realize a woman lives here!" and my husband got over that poo poo pretty quickly.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Ralph Crammed In posted:

We've got some guys in the house today installing a new water heater and my husband comes downstairs and goes "there's just pads everywhere!" all aghast cause there was a single stray pantyliner behind the laundry as well as my (clean) washable pads are in the same room as the workmen. I go "oh no! They might realize a woman lives here!" and my husband got over that poo poo pretty quickly.

If it embarrassed him, maybe he should've cleaned first!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Metaline posted:

:lol::iceburn::lol:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Metaline posted:

To be fair he does do a fair amount of cleaning but he waits till the last possible moment to clean, so he was in the process of cleaning still when the heating guy showed up. He also has a case of mild Asperger's and gets certain ideas stuck in his craw about the way things should be. I usually ignore these notions and tell him if it's so important to him he can do it himself, like when he said I was doing 'negligent' laundry when I was washing the black baby wipe rags with the white baby wipe rags.

So why am I bitching about this in the period thread? Cause he's super oblivious to hormone discrepancies and will push things like this when I'm in no mood for it. Like yesterday when I told him to take our kid on a walk because I wanted some me time in order to do the dishes. He goes "is it really that many dishes?" Yes, it's like a day and half worth of dishes, that's a lot, and then he was mystified as why to I was so upset for the rest of the day.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Got my period! Day 57. Long, irregular cycles due to stress are exacerbated by Pregnancy Fear, so every time it finally shows up, I celebrate.

Today I will celebrate with scotch, making snowboys on Animal Crossing, and eating whatever the gently caress I feel like for supper (which will probably be McDonalds because it's my number one period craving).

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I don't know what it is this time, but loving hell the smell could kill an elephant at 50 away.

My ovaries are a yin and yang. One month is bloodier while the other hurts more. This month belongs to Miss Blood.

Pinus Porcus posted:

You feel folks who wear pads are saints about smell. I swear I smell it way more if I have to use pads instead of tampons and I hate it.

If I have to do manual labor even worse: period AND crotch sweat :barf:

Edit: typo

I don't think I've ever "smelled" a woman on her period, wtf :psyduck:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Who What Now posted:

:lol:

I can literally smell when my wife is getting close when I go down on her. It's weird but we've also been married for almost 14 years so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Who What Now posted:

discharged blood and uterine lining smell :shrug:

though I wouldn't really expect random passersby to be able to smell it unless they're sniffing at your crotch or you pull down your pants in front of them, which raises other questions

there's more exposure to oxygen when using pads so they're stinkier than products that stay in the body until you're ready to remove them