Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

6 bags for an apartment in New York seems good to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

That was just the apartment for the cats. He lived in another one.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Bape Culture posted:

Not surprised there are 6 posters on this forum willing to trade their mothers for such a thing

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jetro Willems smuggled drugs as a child

Jetro Willems admitted to smuggling drugs into the Netherlands even before he was a teenager.

Willems' family moved from Curaçao to the Netherlands when he was 9 years old. In order to have some start—up money the family decided to smuggle drugs into the Netherlands. "My parents first tried to bring it themselves but that didn’t work out. Then I sacrificed myself and said: ‘Just put it with me’. I was always the crazy one anyway. If I have to do that for my family, I just do it.” Willems wasn’t checked and so the plan worked.

(translated from https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/willems-doet-schokkende-bekentenis-ik-smokkelde-als-kind-drugs)

oliwan fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 7, 2020

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Pretty cool

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
He's like Tony Montana but 9, absolutely sick

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hope he comes back to Newcastle so the fans can make up chants about his drug smuggling that will somehow be racist

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Say hello to my little friend, his name is Dwight Gayle.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Not footballers, but match officials:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55219529

Istanbul forward Demba Ba, who was a substitute, could be seen on the touchline asking the official: "Why, when you mention a black guy, do you have to say this black guy?"

TV footage also showed PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe saying: "Is he serious? We are heading in. We're heading in. That's it, we're heading in."

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shroud posted:

Not footballers, but match officials:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55219529

Istanbul forward Demba Ba, who was a substitute, could be seen on the touchline asking the official: "Why, when you mention a black guy, do you have to say this black guy?"

TV footage also showed PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe saying: "Is he serious? We are heading in. We're heading in. That's it, we're heading in."

It may just be I have poor reading comprehension in that article but what exactly happened? Ref audibly referred to a player as "this black guy," instead of his number or name?

edit: bit more detail

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-ethnicity-pierre-webo-sports-europe-ligue-1-soccer-6c9a5105bd2ccee4eee1b620898ef9b1

quote:

Players from the Turkish team were furious after assistant coach Pierre Webo was shown a red card by referee Ovidiu Hategan of Romania at Parc des Princes, saying Coltescu had used a racial term to describe Webo, who is from Cameroon, before he was sent off.

Television footage captured the exchange between the fourth official and the referee, with Coltescu telling Hategan that Webo should be reprimanded for his behavior on the sidelines:

“Go and give it (the red card) to the Black one, this is not possible (tolerable), go and identify him, go verify, the Black one over there,” Coltescu allegedly said, in Romanian, about Webo.

Webo was enraged and was heard to repeat at least six times “Why you say negro?” as he sought an explanation from Coltescu.

Webo, who was visibly distressed, then added: “He can’t say negro, he can’t say negro.”

At this point, Ba could be heard also questioning what Coltescu had said.

“Why is the fourth official saying ‘negro?’” Ba said twice.

Moments later, Ba then came off the bench and stood in front of Coltescu and said: “Why when you mention a Black guy, you have to say ‘This Black guy?’”

sticksy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 9, 2020

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Looks like a big misunderstanding

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

In Romanian "negru" means black person, but the 4th official really shouldn't be talking like that at all.

Mostly I'm amazed that the players and staff rallied together like that. Incredible stuff.

Watch the whole thing yourself in German commentary. Starts at 19:20: https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/12/08/paris-saint-germain-vs-istanbul-basaksehir-highlights-full-match/

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

African AIDS cum posted:

Looks like a big racism

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Walking off the pitch last night is literally the highest point of PSG's fifty year history.

edit: that's meaner than I really wanted it to be... I mean they're a dog poo poo joke of a club, but this was a cool thing to do.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vegetable posted:

In Romanian "negru" means black person, but the 4th official really shouldn't be talking like that at all.

Mostly I'm amazed that the players and staff rallied together like that. Incredible stuff.

Watch the whole thing yourself in German commentary. Starts at 19:20: https://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2020/12/08/paris-saint-germain-vs-istanbul-basaksehir-highlights-full-match/

Seriously, referring to players by their race is loving stupid. How hard is it to say "Paris, 20" or "Orange, 12." Kit colour, number. How loving stupid do you have to be to not be able to do that?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Seriously, referring to players by their race is loving stupid. How hard is it to say "Paris, 20" or "Orange, 12." Kit colour, number. How loving stupid do you have to be to not be able to do that?

It was a coach so he didn't have a number to reference in that way. Not that it excuses anything. He could have easily gone and pointed to the guy.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Shrapnig posted:

It was a coach so he didn't have a number to reference in that way. Not that it excuses anything. He could have easily gone and pointed to the guy.

e: I misunderstood what you were saying

It's outrageous enough to be an international referee identifying someone by skin colour to a colleague instead of using common sense, but the whiff of racial epithet makes it stink worse.

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 10, 2020

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
At least we know Jack Grealish isn't racist because he loves big black titties.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Tsaedje posted:

e: I misunderstood what you were saying

It's outrageous enough to be an international referee identifying someone by skin colour to a colleague instead of using common sense, but the whiff of racial epithet makes it stink worse.

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.
Very specific and unique.

OR, the only black guy.
I mean, yeah, you used a unique feature to identify him.
Sorry man, black is said in a lot of languages and a lot of cultures without people making GBS threads their loving pantaloons.

The ref provided an excuse for pant-shittery much in the same way I provide one to my friends when I say "you guys want to go for drinks?" and there's a girl in the mix. what do you MEAN you GUYS. The escalations came from the dude thinking he got racism'd but gently caress, he was already throwing a loving fit. I think it was just an excuse.

That said, I'm glad the teams responded as they did and did something about it.

I don't defend racism. I also don't defend Karen if I can avoid it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.

OR, the only black guy.
Sorry man, black is said in a lot of languages and a lot of cultures without people making GBS threads their loving pantaloons.

The ref provided an excuse for pant-shittery much in the same way I provide one to my friends when I say "you guys want to go for drinks?" and there's a girl in the mix. what do you MEAN you GUYS. The escalations came from the dude thinking he got racism'd but gently caress, he was already throwing a loving fit. I think it was just an excuse.

You're a loving tool mate

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.

OR, the only black guy.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that referees shouldn't point out people by their skin colour during a professional football match. Controversial take, I know

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Vigil for Virgil posted:

You're a loving tool mate

Namecalling, classic.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

UnderFreddy posted:

I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that referees shouldn't point out people by their skin colour during a professional football match. Controversial take, I know

I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying he isn't supposed to get lynched for it, nor is this a global meltdown.

It's a non-issue in most cultures, not a slur.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm not saying he was right, I'm saying he isn't supposed to get lynched for it, nor is this a global meltdown.

It's a non-issue in most cultures, not a slur.

Maybe those cultures should stop being racist....

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.

OR, the only black guy.

I’m all for identifying people by their unique factors. Maybe we can say “the Jewish one” or “the one with the big titties” or maybe even “the gay one” instead? It seems to make sense to help aid in identifying people quicker.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

I’m all for identifying people by their unique factors. Maybe we can say “the Jewish one” or “the one with the big titties” or maybe even “the gay one” instead? It seems to make sense to help aid in identifying people quicker.

I would say “the bad poster” if I had to point u out gaha

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.

OR, the only black guy.

This is an odd post man. What if the guy literally just said the first three things in your post? I doubt the official had any sort of racist intent at all but that doesn't mean he couldn't have picked his words better to not sound like it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

lol got em

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Vigil for Virgil posted:

Maybe those cultures should stop being racist....

Pretty imperialist of you to make such a broad demand.

oh look another analog

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

That guy.

This fella.

The third one.

The dude with the mask.

OR, the only black guy.

You are a piece of poo poo and also dumb as poo poo, op. gently caress off.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

Gigi Galli posted:

This is an odd post man. What if the guy literally just said the first three things in your post? I doubt the official had any sort of racist intent at all but that doesn't mean he couldn't have picked his words better to not sound like it.

What if he did?

The reply would be "which one?"

Really?

oliwan posted:

You are a piece of poo poo and also dumb as poo poo, op. gently caress off.
:ironicat:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

God drat, rack em

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What if he did?

Really?

Man it’s so sad the 4th official has been concreted into the ground and unable to move or gesture toward the person in question

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What if he did?

Really?

Stop digging

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cannon_Fodder posted:

What if he did?

Really?

Then he could point to him?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
I'm not digging. I simply don't agree.

I'm not in on this hysteria. If you want to dogpile, by all means.

Gigi Galli posted:

Then he could point to him?

I love how you're trying to get me to reason that there is a better way to describe a person.

I know there's a better, smarter way to describe a person. Culturally it's not how I would do it.

My point is that it was an unambiguous direct descriptor that culturally means something entirely different in other places. I don't know how to point this out any more directly.

The offended party's response might not have been due to the referee's intent.

Cannon_Fodder fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 10, 2020

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

:psyduck:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I love how you're trying to get me to reason that there is a better way to describe a person.

I know there's a better, smarter way to describe a person. Culturally it's not how I would do it.

My point is that it was an unambiguous direct descriptor that culturally means something entirely different in other places. I don't know how to point this out any more directly.

The offended party's response might not have been due to the referee's intent.

gently caress off you dumb racist piece of poo poo.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

oliwan posted:

gently caress off you dumb racist piece of poo poo.

Point at my racism, you sensationalist knob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Point at my racism, you sensationalist knob.

It's the Luis Suarez defense "It's not racism it's my culture"