Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

its all nice on rice posted:

A second Jet has hit the Russell.

Save this for the gdt jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Which lineman is tower seven collapsing without being hit?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I somehow got tricked into reading this by my chrome news feed and it’s one of the worst and dumbest things I’ve ever read and now I need to torture other people with it.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2020/12/9/22164633/post-mortem-let-russ-cook

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Ah yes, the Keith Null experiment. I remember people clamoring for him to be the full time starter.

This one is blocked from my memory since I don't remember this one - maybe I got hammered while watching it. It's amazing it was only 20-6.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I somehow got tricked into reading this by my chrome news feed and it’s one of the worst and dumbest things I’ve ever read and now I need to torture other people with it.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/platform/amp/2020/12/9/22164633/post-mortem-let-russ-cook

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/let-russ-cook/

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol I got my comment deleted that said "John Morgan is real mad nerds on the internet looked at two numbers and one was bigger and asked if we could do more of that"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Fieldgulls is such trash.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

It used to have some pretty good writers until SB Nation got Mavened. I think Danny Kelly got his start there.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hrm, sounds like another of the intolerant cancel culture mob trying to silence other voices.

“John Morgan in an article ostensibly about football” posted:

Seeing Wilson as a victim requires a kind of condescension I find disturbing. Like he’s a child or not responsible for his own actions. Which is the next infuriating thing I find in the phrase “Let Russ Cook.” “Let”—who is stopping him? It’s little wonder that a phrase starting with “Let” would catch on, because social media is ever railing against an authority, demanding something be fixed on their behalf. Not only is the great horde of social media not personally responsible, they demand that other people’s personal liberties are taken away so they may be protected. It’s infantile and it infantilizes others. For all the people demanding Wilson be allowed to cook, here’s the terrible truth. He’s likely more accomplished in football than you will be in anything. He doesn’t need your safe space. Invest in your own potential. Stop “saving” strangers.

The greater harm done by Let Russ Cook, apart from how it has completely wrecked a championship-caliber offense in the brief period when DK Metcalf is a superstar but on a rookie contract, is it is like most trending hashtags essentially shibboleth. It indicates who’s in-group and who’s out-group. The internet, once a paradise for outsiders, is increasingly run by intolerant, narrow-minded mobs who reward insiders and seek to destroy anyone who’s an outsider. What defines heresy changes. Angry enforcement of orthodoxy is always bigotry. Always. Those people of the past we think we’re so above believed they were protecting children and making the world a better place too. They believed persecuted groups were evil and that any amount of persecution was justified in pursuit of stamping out that evil. They were certain they were on the right side of history. They lacked doubt, beautiful, merciful, humanizing doubt.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hrm, sounds like another of the intolerant cancel culture mob trying to silence other voices.

Blogs are much better when they are coining new slang than trying to critique current memes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
You nerds should have called it Establish the Russ

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Listen, Russ can still cook just fine. It's just the executive chef designed a garbage menu, the waitstaff keep calling in sick, and it's not like it's his restaurant, so he's not about to work himself to death for it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Can't wait for Russ to have a great game against the Jets and the "Russ is back in the the MVP race!" article that follows from field gulls.

Spoeank posted:

You nerds should have called it Establish the Russ

But then we wouldn't have the aprons.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Finger Prince posted:

Listen, Russ can still cook just fine. It's just the executive chef designed a garbage menu, the waitstaff keep calling in sick, and it's not like it's his restaurant, so he's not about to work himself to death for it.

Gordon Ramsay slapping Russ with slices of bread.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This is the screed of a crazy person.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Peachfart posted:

Football is bad, but we all watch it anyway. Own it and you will be happier.

This is the answer right here. My football concentration is down an incredible amount from my youth. I used to be an all day Saturday and Sunday watcher and now I'm down to just Seahawks games and the odd T/S/MNF game that looks like a great matchup. Once the Seahawks are bad again I don't even know if I'll be able to keep that up. On a positive note I have gotten more into Aussie rules football but staying up until 3am on a Thursday is balls.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I mean, we should all at least be happy we aren't fans of the Saints.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I watch seahawks games, whatever other in division games I have time for and then listen to the ATNFL re-cap podcast to get the scoop on whatever else is up.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

https://twitter.com/cablethanos_/status/1338243332934230016?s=21

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I’m beginning to think the 49ers aren’t getting back to the Super Bowl this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
After extensive research, I have concluded that the New York Football Jets are bad

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

They can't kick. Can't even punt. Is Lawrence that good?

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

They definitely can't block. I hope Lawrence has stout knee ligaments.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Lawrence should seriously considering playing his senior season at Clemson.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm beginning to think Nick Mullens might be bad, guys.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Papercut posted:

If we could just hypnotize him into believing he's always down 15+ in the 4th....

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Dutchy posted:

If we could just hypnotize him into believing he's always down 15+ in the 4th....

Send him to the Wilson Dojo.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Papercut posted:

I can’t believe he isn’t good!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

How about that ? The 49ers broke Alex Smith again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Imagine losing to a team that didn't score an offensive touchdown, couldn't be me

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Papercut posted:

He couldn't even carry the ball well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I'm not gonna crow about the Niners losing to WFT because they're going to kick the poo poo out of us next week

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Can you imagine Mullins playing for Sean McVay? Perennial all star right there.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

half cocaine posted:

Can you imagine Mullins playing for Sean McVay? Perennial all star right there.

Hard to underperform Jared Goff to be sure.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
It's been a long, long time since we won a game that lopsided. I'm not sure how to feel about it, it could've been worse if not for us dropping a couple of picks and Russ throwing one himself (which was more of a great play by the DB than a bad throw). The OL injuries definitely aren't going to help next week, though, Russ is gonna be running for his life.

Thank god we're not the only team to post an embarrassing loss to a sub-500 NFC East team now, thanks Saints

Thaints

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Same Old Sorry rear end Nick Mullens

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I like that already there is a ton of crowing online about the Seahawks winning today. Don't get me wrong, they played OK and it was pretty awesome to see them finally blowout a bad team like a normal playoff team, but holy gently caress are the Jets god drat terrible. Their DL at least put up a good fight, but everything other aspect of their game was embarrassing. Any given Sunday and all that, but that team is going 0-16 and the Rams are getting a freebee next week.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

I'm glad other people do this

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Playing the NFCE went from a "hell yeah, free victory" to a "well poo poo, let's see what happens" right then and quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Very mean of the Jets kicker to miss three on purpose so they could play footage of the tv commentator who also missed three in Seattle lmfao