Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Cpt. Obvious posted:

Hey dudes
Anyone got a link to the weed thread I need some memes

Lol every thread here is we'd, follow you are heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Cpt. Obvious posted:

Hey dudes

Weed is banned in byob. You can thank treasure bear

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Cpt. Obvious posted:

Hey dudes

The term "weed" can be highly contentious.
What is a weed anyway?

Well Webster defines it as:

(1): a plant that is not valued where it is growing and is usually of vigorous growth especially : one that tends to overgrow or choke out more desirable plants

(2): a weedy growth of plants

And it is precisely this kind definition that gives most people a negative opinion of weeds: i.e. something that is not good or desirable.

I'll continue this TED talk later but right now I need to go get some grass.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Hu

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

The human element

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Grand mangrove BYOB

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Barking Gecko posted:

G'mungo to all yobbers everywhere, even if it isn't mungo where you are.

It's always Mungo where I am.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

xcheopis

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The human element

I like to think of myself as an alkali-metal.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

B33rChiller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MYHX6JTbI posted with a couple comments:
Grace and Leo makes some great music apart from this cover song, with some videos showing off really impressive stamina from the both of them
Also, check out the pacman guitar
eta: yawn * BIG stretch * goedemorgen

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
more falafel please

forums poster

hello byob how's your day

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

more falafel please posted:

gud mang. playing spyberpunk 207spunk

B33rChiller

more falafel please posted:

hi there, my day is going swimmingly. had a great laugh at a thread just now, and listening to some very chill nintendo musichttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGwRz8wnSY how's your day?

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I literally had to come outside to angry smoke so I wouldn't walk out of work never to return.

I've never been micromanaged to this extent.

Jinh

B33rChiller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5MYHX6JTbI posted with a couple comments:
Grace and Leo makes some great music apart from this cover song, with some videos showing off really impressive stamina from the both of them
Also, check out the pacman guitar
eta: yawn * BIG stretch * goedemorgen

This Owns!!

RickRogers

Kief Richards posted:

I literally had to come outside to angry smoke so I wouldn't walk out of work never to return.

I've never been micromanaged to this extent.

I am quitting mine next year in May, it will be wonderful and I am already stocking up on booze for my colleagues when I break the news.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

RickRogers posted:

I am quitting mine next year in May, it will be wonderful and I am already stocking up on booze for my colleagues when I break the news.

I'm 100% going to walk out at any given time.

My coworker? With whom I share an office? She's got COVID. Oh and I'm a C level exec and still getting paid hourly. Oh, and they literally micromanage me to the point of me having to fight for every loving thing to just do my job.

This is heinous and I'm exhausted and it's only halfway.

B33rChiller

If you're at the point that you're ready to walk, (and already having disputes with higher ups?), a sense of detachment, and having already mentally checked out can help add courage to confrontations. If I were in those shoes (and have been micromanaged severely in the past), and had more of a spine, I might say something like "Do you want a (insert job title here), or do you want a meat puppet? If it's the former, back off and let me do my job. If it's the latter, I won't be doing anything not directly instructed to, other than focus on making your life difficult. What's it going to be?" If you are in the position of not caring about holding the job anymore, and don't need a reference from that job, it might help to think of having already walked, and you're just getting paid to gently caress with the shitheads now.

But don't take any of this as advice. I'm off work with a broke brain.

Dr. Honked posted:

RickRogers

Kief Richards posted:

I'm 100% going to walk out at any given time.

My coworker? With whom I share an office? She's got COVID. Oh and I'm a C level exec and still getting paid hourly. Oh, and they literally micromanage me to the point of me having to fight for every loving thing to just do my job.

This is heinous and I'm exhausted and it's only halfway.

I can't say what's best; I have really enjoyed quitting some my jobs spontaneously but then later regretted it.

I am the only person at where I work who can do the things I do, so I keep (out of some sense of honour) dropping hints at how good it would be to finally find someone else I could train or someone equally skilled. Ya know, for when I am sick or whatever.
But so far they think it is simply the fault of the applicants when they aren't up to scratch, instead of offering a decent package to entice decent applicants.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't define my self worth based upon a job so I don't actually care what people think of me professionally at this point. I have a lot of words about it that are BYOB illegal. I'm also not looking for advice.

I'm just mad and tired.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I've never regretted walking away from an abusive situation. Arguably, and provably, this job is an abusive situation. I'm just looking to make it easier on my coworkers who aren't poo poo (literally two people out of five people, that's the whole company including me) before I do bounce.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also lol I'm literally the only person who has credentials and knows how to do the things I do, no one has expressed any desire to take me up on my offer to cross train, and when I offered to set up additional credentials for others I was told not to do so because "you already have them."

gently caress em.

more falafel please

forums poster

that sucks, I'm sorry.

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

alnilam

work sucks
i know

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

work sucks
i know

He left me roses by the stairs
Surprises let me know he cares owo

alnilam

this is for you hamjobs it's real and not just a stock photo i added the watermark myself cause i think it looks nice

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alnilam posted:

this is for you hamjobs it's real and not just a stock photo i added the watermark myself cause i think it looks nice

Wow ty noted forum dad and actual IRL dad to Cool Babby Future Poster and husband to Dr. 'nilam Future Poster, friend to Tina Catte

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I really want to bring back heraldic naming conventions, but for forum names

Fluffie Duckie, Grand Empress of BYOB, Once and Future Queen, Quilter of Squares, Mømthër of Dogges, Toucher of Nature

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Luvcow, Royal Ambassador to GBS, Painter of Cute Mousies, Friend to Every Dogge, Noble Uncle to Most Cattes

Goons Are Gifts

Tonight is the night

I'm going to start a cult

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Glutes Are Great posted:

Tonight is the night

Where do I sign? I want in on the ground floor on this

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

RickRogers

Glutes Are Great posted:

Tonight is the night

:suspense:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Glutes Are Great posted:

Tonight is the night

Take all my money, I want be the highest OT you've ever seen

Goons Are Gifts

I'm going to make a post soon, get your cloaks and robes ready, I decided it is time to fiddle with really unstable powers here

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh poo poo he's gonna play a jig y'all, he's got a fiddle!

:ohdear:

Trying

sold my sole to the devil on OnlyFans

take the moon

by sebmojo

Kief Richards posted:

My coworker? With whom I share an office? She's got COVID.

this sort of flared out at me. um isnt this illegal? arent we all freaking out about this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

take the moon

by sebmojo

Glutes Are Great posted:

I'm going to make a post soon, get your cloaks and robes ready, I decided it is time to fiddle with really unstable powers here

oh poo poo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Kief Richards posted:

I really want to bring back heraldic naming conventions, but for forum names

Fluffie Duckie, Grand Empress of BYOB, Once and Future Queen, Quilter of Squares, Mømthër of Dogges, Toucher of Nature

Kief Richards posted:

Luvcow, Royal Ambassador to GBS, Painter of Cute Mousies, Friend to Every Dogge, Noble Uncle to Most Cattes

Kief Richards posted:

Wow ty noted forum dad and actual IRL dad to Cool Babby Future Poster and husband to Dr. 'nilam Future Poster, friend to Tina Catte
:5:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

take the moon posted:

this sort of flared out at me. um isnt this illegal? arent we all freaking out about this

She's working from home now but exposed me for three days before that. I'm livid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bingo Bango

Glutes Are Great posted:

I've got a good feeling about this