Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

No Mods No Masters posted:

I mean it's a platform that sells a lot of older/indie/low spec games. I would strongly suspect someone crunched the numbers on the amount of support tickets it would save them and it was a lot

Calipark posted:

Less about playing it on a machine like that and more being able to have random servers download and serve the files. Many servers still use FAT32, surprisingly.

Valid points all around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

History Comes Inside! posted:

Also lol at downloading a single giant loving 103GB file without something randomly breaking and your download failing at some point.

Look at this dork who doesn't use GetRight. :smuggo:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
I asked this a few pages back but got missed. I feel like it’s important enough to reassert my question.

Will there be full penetration? Does my dick being big ever come up as a plot element? Tia

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

UltraRed posted:

Lol. Same. I’ve never wished to be hand held as much as than with this game.

They thought me how to hack and then they changed hacking and I fail hacking sometimes and don’t know why.

The hacking thing confused me too until I checked a quick video on it.

You only have a limited number of moves as indicated by the empty boxes along the top, and each move swaps your available choices from the highlighted row to the highlighted column, or vice versa. For each available reward on the right you have to have sequential correct matches. This part is easy enough to understand—if you have multiple correct moves in a given row or column, you want to pick the one that will open up the next correct move when the orientation changes, and so on, until you're able to put in all the moves you need.

The thing is, though, moves you make simultaneously apply to all the possible rewards along the right, which makes it possible to get both a 2-move reward and a 3-move reward with only 4 moves, if the overlap is right.

For example, if you can only make 4 moves, but the two possible rewards you can get require:
code:
55 1C
1C E9 DD
Then a sequence of 55 1C E9 DD will unlock both, since the 1C is both the last number you need for the first one and the first one you need for the second one.

You may not always be able to get all the rewards, but the timer for hacking doesn't start until you make your first move, so you have time to figure out the optimal strategy.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Your dick will be ruthlessly mocked throughout unless you picked the objectively correct options

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hard agree. going to be very bad for my immersion if like, my v is a shower and not a grower, or if my mammoth hog does not bar me from 90 percent of romance options.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

I asked this a few pages back but got missed. I feel like it’s important enough to reassert my question.

Will there be full penetration? Does my dick being big ever come up as a plot element? Tia

What does your big penetrating dick have to do with Cyberpunk 2077?

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

are there dick smoothing options in-game? can i customize my dick to have a slight bend near the end?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Already getting some Twitter mileage out of this game from people trying to "correct" posts about the dick-out bug also appearing on women characters with female penis not actually being female penis.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Really hard to decide between if I want to cut or punch at people. For people binging on this, is there enough stuff to make going straight fisticuffs (+ whatever sort of fist weapons) as a viable thing?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Really hard to decide between if I want to cut or punch at people. For people binging on this, is there enough stuff to make going straight fisticuffs (+ whatever sort of fist weapons) as a viable thing?

it's probably viable but you will 100 percent need to use gorilla arms

all_purpose_cat_boy
Apr 10, 2007

Sorry if this has been answered, but any fix suggestions for crashes on startup?

3600 / 3070, so no problems with spec. Installed through gog, gog overlay disabled, tried verifying files. Using latest nvidia drivers. Tried rebooting.

I hit play, it waits 2 seconds and just gives me the error message and I can choose to submit a report.

Google isn’t giving me any more suggestions and it doesn’t seem to be very widespread.

Thanks!

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006

Powered by alcohol

I am disappointed in the lack of cybernetic upgrades for my genitals

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Skyl3lazer posted:

Please, I've spent my childrens' college funds on throwing knife perks, and I cannot throw them. Where are my knife. I must have them

Someone please tell everyone how to do this, I can't figure it out as well.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ZeeBoi posted:

Yeah, PS4 Pro. I’ll either crash a short while after loading a save or after playing for a few hours. Like I said, inconsistent.

I crashed about once every 2-3 hours on ps5

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

all_purpose_cat_boy posted:

Sorry if this has been answered, but any fix suggestions for crashes on startup?

Only heard about GOG Galaxy overlay causing it, but maybe some other overlays do too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

all_purpose_cat_boy posted:

3600 / 3070, so no problems with spec. Installed through gog, gog overlay disabled, tried verifying files. Using latest nvidia drivers. Tried rebooting.

I hit play, it waits 2 seconds and just gives me the error message and I can choose to submit a report.

Google isn’t giving me any more suggestions and it doesn’t seem to be very widespread.

Thanks!

Try going to Event Viewer when the crash occurs and seeing if you get an error report.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

are there dick smoothing options in-game? can i customize my dick to have a slight bend near the end?

Yes and yes.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

black.lion posted:

I have some mantis blades I looted somewhere in my cyberware inventory, but when I go to a ripperdoc they're not showing up to be installed - hwo do I get my blades inside of me?

The game doesn't explain this well but there are essentially two "types" of implants - implants themselves (like the eyes you get initially) and then addons that are slotted INTO implants. The mantis blades are the latter - I haven't seen arm or hand implants that have addon slots yet, so I can't use the blades I found either.

To see the visual indicator of where your bullets will ricochet on power weapons, for example, you need to have a both a hand implant with the associated power (I forget what it's called) AND an addon for your visual implant with the corresponding power.

Still in the prologue after like 6 or so hours. Still really enjoying the game. It's very systems heavy and I can see why some people might not like it, but it's pretty much everything I wanted.

VanillaGorilla fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 10, 2020

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

sean10mm posted:

My impressions so far are that the PC version is buggy in a "normal" big open world game on day 1 kind of way rather than the turbo hellbad :piss: some of the reviews suggested, but on older consoles it's Real Bad for Real.

I'm on Xbox one. Dabbing Jackie is the peak of the bugs I've seen in 2/3 hours of gameplay. Maybe texture pop in but I'm a console pleb so it doesn't matter as much to me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Say what you will about the skillup guy, but he is right that there needs to be an option to zoom out the minimap

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Say what you will about the skillup guy, but he is right that there needs to be an option to zoom out the minimap

Yeah, it seems to be scaled for walking speed, no driving speed.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Dell comes through, here's my Cyberpunk 2077 Starter Kit

i'm not leaving this room until 2021

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Zikan posted:

Someone please tell everyone how to do this, I can't figure it out as well.

I think you just throw the knives you buy / find on npcs. To throw, put a knife in a slot and then equip that slot. Hold RMB to aim, press LMB to throw.

Edit: I have only thrown knives that I've found, not sure if there's packs of knives or similar.

Mongolian Queef fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 10, 2020

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

404notfound posted:

The hacking thing confused me too until I checked a quick video on it.

You only have a limited number of moves as indicated by the empty boxes along the top, and each move swaps your available choices from the highlighted row to the highlighted column, or vice versa. For each available reward on the right you have to have sequential correct matches. This part is easy enough to understandif you have multiple correct moves in a given row or column, you want to pick the one that will open up the next correct move when the orientation changes, and so on, until you're able to put in all the moves you need.

The thing is, though, moves you make simultaneously apply to all the possible rewards along the right, which makes it possible to get both a 2-move reward and a 3-move reward with only 4 moves, if the overlap is right.

For example, if you can only make 4 moves, but the two possible rewards you can get require:
code:

55 1C
1C E9 DD

Then a sequence of 55 1C E9 DD will unlock both, since the 1C is both the last number you need for the first one and the first one you need for the second one.

You may not always be able to get all the rewards, but the timer for hacking doesn't start until you make your first move, so you have time to figure out the optimal strategy.

I feel like I need some kind of additional tutorial on this. Thanks for your explanation, though. For a while I thought you need to pick numbers adjacent to each other but apparently it's not like that. I was reading this Polygon guide on it and I think the image here shows what you can do pretty well

https://www.polygon.com/cyberpunk-2...uickhack-buffer

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
I'm getting a ctd when I get into the car in the mechanics workshop in the nomad start. Pretty consist, works fine until I get in the car then crash, never got to actually start it yet. Any ideas to stop it?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Or at least have a big map of the area you're in. I keep hitting M forgetting that it'll just give me a big blob of red city streets.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Exploring in this game is ok, but finding the person you're supposed to talk to is a nightmare sometimes due to the verticality of the maps and weird layouts of buildings, and loving doors that do not open but are there.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Is there a concrete explanation for the absurd input lag and mouse smoothing? How is this not a top-billed issue? I have zero framerate issues (I'm fine with 60) and have tried all of the tricks (turning off the smoothing under controller settings, disabling all the video effects, updating drivers etc) but there is still massive smoothing and straight-up input lag, even in menus. It's PLAYABLE, but woof, it's obscenely bad if you're someone used to playing games with frame perfect inputs. Using the mouse feels like I'm swimming even if it's gotten better and controller is just as bad. Is this really not editable in a .ini? Can it be modded? I feel like I'm going insane. You can even feel the input lag using buttons to navigate in menus.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Did I make a mistake buying this on PS4 Pro? I'm only about an hour in, not even out of the tutorial, and I haven't noticed any huge glaring issues, but I have noticed there is significant input lag - which I was expecting, since Witcher 3 had the same thing, but now I'm wondering if I should have gone for PC instead, although I'm not sure my computer could handle it. What is the input lag like on PC?

Edit: lol the post above mine answers that question I guess

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Also, disappointed that you can't stunt roll out of a car, you'll open the door while moving but you just end up standing still outside the car and the car comes to a sudden stop.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Is there a concrete explanation for the absurd input lag and mouse smoothing? How is this not a top-billed issue? I have zero framerate issues (I'm fine with 60) and have tried all of the tricks (turning off the smoothing under controller settings, disabling all the video effects, etc) but there is still massive smoothing and straight-up input lag, even in menus. It's PLAYABLE, but woof, it's obscenely bad if you're someone used to playing games with frame perfect inputs. Using the mouse feels like I'm swimming even if it's gotten better and controller is just as bad. Is this really not editable in a .ini? Can it be modded? I feel like I'm going insane.

Oddly it becomes unnoticeable if you crank up sensitivity.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I also think strongly that there should have been a handbreak (why yes, I am driving around aimlessly on my lunch break)

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
hi guys g-c here is this game a flop?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Hello where do I sign up on Dell's website for the weed delivery service??

TeaJay posted:

I feel like I need some kind of additional tutorial on this. Thanks for your explanation, though. For a while I thought you need to pick numbers adjacent to each other but apparently it's not like that. I was reading this Polygon guide on it and I think the image here shows what you can do pretty well

https://www.polygon.com/cyberpunk-2...uickhack-buffer

Thanks for this, my brain wasn't working when I looked at the hacking interface.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Cabbages and Kings posted:

What's that green stuff? Is that CPU coolant?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Wow, I just gained about 20fps going from windowed borderless to fullscreen.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I spent like 1 hour or more walking around trying to talk to coworkers and surfing the net at work as a Corpo. 10/10 GOTY. Seriously. I've spent hours just exploring. I know not a lot of it is interactive but it doesn't have to be.
The interface isn't too bad once you get used to it. I was a little disappointed with the whole montage time-skip but at the end of the day that wasn't so bad either.

As for bugs. It's a lot of the janky kind of bugs that I don't believe will ever be fixed. Stuff like jacking in and putting the cable in the wrong spot, clipping issues, bodies falling into weird places, dialogue disconnects etc. My guess is the patches will eventually fix the bigger annoyances like quest triggers etc.

Overall I think this game is great and I'm happy I got it. I also second the removal of stuff like chromatic aberration, motion blur, depth of field etc. I don't think they add any value to the game. The chromatic aberration looks cool at times but it's not that great.

I think the confusing part about the game is it's not incredibly obvious when you should start thinking about using stealth skills and doing your sneak thing. I've accidently stumbled into mission points and got stuck in combat multiple times. Not sure there's a way to disengage and try to sneak back in. Seems everyone is permanently hostile to you and will keep chasing you even if you break line of sight.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Did I make a mistake buying this on PS4 Pro? I'm only about an hour in, not even out of the tutorial, and I haven't noticed any huge glaring issues, but I have noticed there is significant input lag - which I was expecting, since Witcher 3 had the same thing, but now I'm wondering if I should have gone for PC instead, although I'm not sure my computer could handle it. What is the input lag like on PC?

Edit: lol the post above mine answers that question I guess

I forgot Witcher 3 had these issues, too. It's significantly less of an issue when it's not an FPS and the combat is as jank as W3's was. I feel like CDPR's weaknesses on the basics of the technical side of gaming really caught up with them here. How do they not have anyone playing this going "this feels like poo poo?" You don't need a Tim Rogers-level expert in friction to catch glaring, beginner game design errors that are foundational.

Still a good game, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's that green stuff? Is that CPU coolant?

LEDs