Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

No Mods No Masters posted:

I also think strongly that there should have been a handbreak (why yes, I am driving around aimlessly on my lunch break)

There is one, it's Spacebar on Keyboard+Mouse, A on XBox controllers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
So much tech talk. Is there gonna be full penetration? This is an important subject to me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
420TB of kush cores.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Piell posted:

There is one, it's Spacebar on Keyboard+Mouse, A on XBox controllers

Oh thank god. Cheers

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

So much tech talk. Is there gonna be full penetration? This is an important subject to me.

With bladed weapons, absolutely.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ok this is ridiculous i am now putting a bounty out! anyone who finds me a pair of freakin skinny jeans gets...something! idk!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Are there missable quests? Like you progress the crit path and you suddenly get a pop-up like "quest failed: restore your foreskin"?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
What difficulty is good? I have decent experience with immersive sims if that makes a difference.

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

Hey you know what - I turned off RTX, all the fancy effects like motion blur and DoF, and turned on fullscreen instead of borderless windowed, and suddenly the game looks and runs great. Almost none of the blurriness I was complaining about before. Whaddya know!!!!

Maybe RTX is just not a mature technology or the RTX chip on my card came with a poltergeist. In any case game is fun.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

I also think strongly that there should have been a handbreak (why yes, I am driving around aimlessly on my lunch break)

It’s X on PlayStation so surely it exists on PC and Xbox.

It’s not great though because they copied the wrong GTA for the car physics.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

What difficulty is good? I have decent experience with immersive sims if that makes a difference.

Will difficulty impact the sex scene?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'm guessing there's no way to glam different clothes/armor sets? The GOG rewards are utterly useless if not..

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oddly it becomes unnoticeable if you crank up sensitivity.

I have the exact same lag in menus and I think this just accelerates the smoothing effect, though I guess it's maybe slightly better in-game when I crank my dpi down to match. This def isn't a fix, though, wish people would stop saying it is.

edit: yeah, no, this doesn't work at all. It creates a whole new juddery effect-- likely just accelerating and compressing the effect.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 10, 2020

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
For the militech shared with 10k on it I went in to my list of shards, selected it, and cracked the encryption on it like you would with an uplink location. Added the 10k into my account no problem.

Maybe it's tied to a tech skill or something? :confused:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Thundercracker posted:

i think it fairly depends on what weapon you're using. using an on-level AR on Hard absolutely shreds but using an on-level shotgun feels wildly inconsistent, ie

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

I'd say start on normal and switch to hard later when you have basic perks and such unlocked and more combat options available

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's that green stuff? Is that CPU coolant?

they were apparently out of packing material and there is an insane glut of cannabis on the market here

no, no, that's just what I will smoke during the first third of the game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

How does this compare to Saints Row IV?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

LifeSunDeath posted:

Exploring in this game is ok, but finding the person you're supposed to talk to is a nightmare sometimes due to the verticality of the maps and weird layouts of buildings, and loving doors that do not open but are there.

can you open doors and gates that scan as "unpowered"?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hacking makes my brain hurt

Is there a "youre dumb" guide that isn't the polygon article?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
The graphics during the free roam camera in braindance are horrible. I can barely make anything out or even tell where I am at times.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Spekkio posted:

The Nomad intro is like 20 minutes tops. Then the game plays an (in engine?) montage/timeskip custcene which was comprised of 90% trailer footage, before chucking you into the city as an established merc.... What the gently caress? I wanted to play that poo poo not have it shown to me.

Pretty janky experience overall.. Runs like poo poo on a 3080 i9 10900 1440p.. Everything is blurry. NPC AI is super basic. The lighting looks like poo poo, even with RTX on.

This was way overhyped and I fell for it. :negative:

Lol

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Thundercracker posted:

I would start on normal because I'm finding that it's just taking me a long time to get a handle on all the systems in the game (hacking, sneaking, melee, ranged, attributes/skills/perks, implants, etc., etc.) even compared to say Deus Ex games or Prey.

Like the difficulty isn't that hard per se, but I have a lot of "what the gently caress am I even doing?" going on that would probably piss me off on hard.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Some fun things playing on PC:

1. The first bar scene had a woman drinking from a bottle while a copy of the same bottle sat there sideways in front of her face. CYBER PSYCHIC ALCOHOLIC!
2. Sitting at the noodle bar scene with Jackie while cars constantly slam into the guard rail near the stand while taking the turn. MASSIVE FENDER BENDER PARADE!
3. A dad and his son were sitting on the ground. I accidentally bumped into the kid causing the dad to get up and run away leaving his kid there covering his head with his hands. DAD OF THE YEAR!

Also, a man fell out of the sky screaming the whole way down. He fell with a splat and the body disappeared. I'm not sure if that's a Morrowind reference or a bug but I appreciated it. And if you're not whispering to yourself "I'm in," every time you hack a vending machine, you're a coward and should uninstall. Most of my playthrough so far is walking down the streets wrecking every vending machine for that sweet exp.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I know the RTX 2060 is the poverty RTX card, but I didn't expect it to struggle to retain a locked 60 fps at 1080p medium/high (without ray tracing because :laffo: at actually trying to use that on this card).

I was pretty hopeful when the drive in the rain during the prologue didn't drop frames at all, but then I got to the open world and it drops to the 50-55 fps range more often than I'd like. Not a huge drop, but just noticeable enough to be annoying. It's even doing that in some indoor areas where there's nothing really going on, and there are also some stutters that seem to get more frequent the longer I play.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

So I dunno if anyone else has encountered this, but on my PS4 Pro, after installation is finished and you pop in the Play Disc to get started, it constantly spins up and down. Sort of like when an optical drive has a problem reading a disc, except that it obviously reads the disc and starts the game. It does this whether you're in the game or even just back at the PS4 home screen, just keeps spinning up and back down over and over again. I eventually took the disc out as I was worried it was going to eventually burn out the motor in the PS4's optical drive if it kept doing that.

My brother has a PS4 Pro also but I think his is slightly newer than mine, so we're gonna install it on his and see if the same problem occurs, but I figured I'd check with you fine goons and see if anyone else had run into this.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

poemdexter posted:

Some fun things playing on PC:

1. The first bar scene had a woman drinking from a bottle while a copy of the same bottle sat there sideways in front of her face. CYBER PSYCHIC ALCOHOLIC!
2. Sitting at the noodle bar scene with Jackie while cars constantly slam into the guard rail near the stand while taking the turn. MASSIVE FENDER BENDER PARADE!
3. A dad and his son were sitting on the ground. I accidentally bumped into the kid causing the dad to get up and run away leaving his kid there covering his head with his hands. DAD OF THE YEAR!

Also, a man fell out of the sky screaming the whole way down. He fell with a splat and the body disappeared. I'm not sure if that's a Morrowind reference or a bug but I appreciated it. And if you're not whispering to yourself "I'm in," every time you hack a vending machine, you're a coward and should uninstall. Most of my playthrough so far is walking down the streets wrecking every vending machine for that sweet exp.

How do you hack a vending machine??

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Will difficulty impact the sex scene?

Harder qte that switch the sex positions.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!
The jank of this game would bother me if I hadn't spent a couple hundred hours in Fallout 3/NV/4. This poo poo is NDB to me. I haven't even had to gently caress with an ini file.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I got a semi from the character builder. 10/10.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Dell comes through, here's my Cyberpunk 2077 Starter Kit

i'm not leaving this room until 2021

Dude... you got a dell :wth: :420:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Calipark posted:

They split everything up into 4gb chunks because of limitations of the FAT32 format. Where you can't read files over 4gb if your drive is formatted like that. Just grab something like JDownloader 2 (Find the "No-Adware" version) and highlight + copy all the links.

Seems like a pain but I can guarantee you someone is just as happy as you are annoyed that they did this.

Well at least there's an explanation. Honestly seems like it'd be easier just to nab it warez style

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Hey weed guy can you send me some I'm broke

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Doc M posted:

I know the RTX 2060 is the poverty RTX card, but I didn't expect it to struggle to retain a locked 60 fps at 1080p medium/high (without ray tracing because :laffo: at actually trying to use that on this card).

I was pretty hopeful when the drive in the rain during the prologue didn't drop frames at all, but then I got to the open world and it drops to the 50-55 fps range more often than I'd like. Not a huge drop, but just noticeable enough to be annoying. It's even doing that in some indoor areas where there's nothing really going on, and there are also some stutters that seem to get more frequent the longer I play.

I'm playing on everything high except shadows settings on medium, ray tracing off and DLSS on quality and I get a pretty solid 55 to 60 fps with a 2060@1440p

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
I'm think they were kind of screwed with the PS4 and Xbox One S releases. The game seems to run fine on PS4 Pro and XBoneX, and there's really no way for them to be like "Sorry this game only runs on those systems, not the OG PS4 and XboxOne." It would've been completely unprecedented to release the game on only the mid-gen refresh consoles, assuming that would even be possible with how everything is designed to be cross compatible. I'm unsure if the demands of the game can even be fixed for the OG consoles since it seems to do with texturing stream speed and whatnot, and already seems to be running at the lowest settings.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Henron posted:

My CPU not supporting AVX is causing this game to crash at certain key points on each lifepath, basically rendering it unplayable until a patch fixes the issue.

This is from like yesterday but what in the gently caress CPU are you using that doesn't support AVX? Everything since Sandy Bridge in 2011 (Core i3/5/7-2xxx) have supported it.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

One thing about the game I've noticed is how dense it feels. Just running around the street I'm bombarded with all kinds of things happening.

I'm personally extremely into the game, not sure why some many people are nitpicking so much, the game is excellent. Especially concidering it's size and scope.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Harder qte that switch the sex positions.

Yea or like easy is a doggie style scene. Hard or expert you’ve got to choke and gag simultaneously while keeping an online audience interested.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What kind of things happening do you mean? I mostly see blank NPCs wandering around, standing at their stations vacantly, or cowering in fear of nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Son of Rodney posted:

One thing about the game I've noticed is how dense it feels. Just running around the street I'm bombarded with all kinds of things happening.

I'm personally extremely into the game, not sure why some many people are nitpicking so much, the game is excellent. Especially concidering it's size and scope.

My feelings exactly.