Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apologies to Santee #1, I've had to cancel your order as the shipping date slipped from earlier this week to Jan 26 2021.

So yeaaaaaaah

Already gave Leperflesh the heads up and I should have a different gift sent off this afternoon when I'm back from work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

I hope they're good quality :ohdear:

They are of excellent quality! Reaper has strayed more into the budget end of things of late, but these are some primo detailed sculpts cast in metal and they look great!

Now to plan a one-shot around some mouseling adventurers. I can easily see it turn into more depending on how attached people get to their characters

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

All this talk is making me a little nervous so I need to dig out any tracking information I might have for my gift.

But! Also holy poo poo a giant box arrived full of goodgoon stuff from my Santa! Huge! Thank you so much!

But also part 2, I might be headed to the hospital soon for early babies, so pictures and all that later!

Merry Christmas!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

by.a.teammate posted:

Oh just you wait 😉

Oh, so I'm taking it you're the fabulous fellow responsible for all this

So much stuff in the mystery box! Sand check out that card!

Some gatchas! These are really neat! I particularly like the mushroom ring, though my fingers are a bit big (I'm blaming the mushroom itself), might need to modify it slightly.

Supreme blue rose! This sounds really cool!
And the wet hot American summer rpg! It is bizarre that this exists!

Thanks so so much, this is far too much.

You rock not-so-secret Santa!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Dec 10, 2020

by.a.teammate
Jun 27, 2007
theres nothing wrong with the word panties

WereGoat posted:

Oh, so I'm taking it you're the fabulous fellow responsible for all this

I'm very proud of both mine and my daughter's art, Happy Christmas!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

reinforcements from Mars!

thank you Santa! I will bash dem kits.

I also received word today that my package has finally shipped, somewhat belatedly. I was hoping it would arrive a bit sooner in time to the half of my gift I mailed myself, but hey, better late than never. sorry for the delay, it sort of spoils the effect.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A package came in for me today. Number 2/2

An expansion for Tash Kalar, which my wife and I love, and an addon for Terra Mystica.

My santa decided to be extra secret this year, but thank you to whomever sent me my gifts!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

random question, santa: do you have Cawl's big ol' base lying around? it did not appear to be in his box, and i did see a note saying you opened it to check that everything was ok in there.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

berenzen posted:

A package came in for me today. Number 2/2

An expansion for Tash Kalar, which my wife and I love, and an addon for Terra Mystica.

My santa decided to be extra secret this year, but thank you to whomever sent me my gifts!

The rules for the Terra Mystica bits are apparently here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/184895/terra-mystica-erweiterungsbogen/files

How do I know this? Because I'm the super-sekrit Secret Santa!

I tried sending you hot sauce in a grenade-shaped bottle too, but that got bounced for some reason. Glad the other stuff came through, and that you like them!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

The gifts for me Santee are on the way! USPS is currently saying they should arrive Saturday.

And an update on my gift, here is the Gyan in skeleton mode:

And nearly fully built (I haven't had a chance to get a battery for the saber yet):

Thanks again, Swags!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

random question, santa: do you have Cawl's big ol' base lying around? it did not appear to be in his box, and i did see a note saying you opened it to check that everything was ok in there.

ah, gently caress a duck, I sure do. I'll ship that out tomorrow!!!!

I kept seeing that base today, thinking, "did this go with one of my bikes? i thought those had pegs????" and was so confused

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Mirthless posted:

ah, gently caress a duck, I sure do. I'll ship that out tomorrow!!!!

I kept seeing that base today, thinking, "did this go with one of my bikes? i thought those had pegs????" and was so confused

that would be one hell of a bike!!!
but seriously thanks for everything :)

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

golden bubble posted:

Our "great" and "wise" overlords at Amazon allowed it to get water-damaged in transport.

Hey again, Bubble - let me know if you want to contact Amazon or if I should. If I do, one of the questions is if the box was also damaged.
Let me know, and you'll probably need to mail it back or drop it at a Kohl's. Thanks!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ordered new gift tonight. Everything was in stock at supplier this time, but I will rest easy once I get tracking info.

Extremely lovely with first company.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cheer has been deployed

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

reinforcements from Mars!

thank you Santa! I will bash dem kits.

I also received word today that my package has finally shipped, somewhat belatedly. I was hoping it would arrive a bit sooner in time to the half of my gift I mailed myself, but hey, better late than never. sorry for the delay, it sort of spoils the effect.

Oh hey this reminds me - did you find the ziploc bag with the minis in there? I know I used plastic bags as packing material, didn't see it in the pictures and just wanted to be sure you didn't throw it away, haha

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

thegodofchuck posted:

Hey again, Bubble - let me know if you want to contact Amazon or if I should. If I do, one of the questions is if the box was also damaged.
Let me know, and you'll probably need to mail it back or drop it at a Kohl's. Thanks!

Thanks. I think I have the returns process handled on Amazon.

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
A mysterious package arrived, interrupting Jobke's naps time. She was not impressed.

But I was impressed by what the package contained: a copy of Hanabi (a family favorite), a John Carter 2d20 sourcebook, and an beautiful Yoshitaka Amano art book! All really cool stuff!

Thank you very much, rydiafan!

Rid fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 11, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Ordered new gift tonight. Everything was in stock at supplier this time, but I will rest easy once I get tracking info.

Extremely lovely with first company.

Gasp tracking info! No I will feel less lovely about my original Santee not getting a gift ASAP

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
My Santa's gift arrived! Gonna wait until Xmas to open 'em, but I'm 100% positive they're going to be great.

Thanks, Cotton Candidasis!

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Oh hey this reminds me - did you find the ziploc bag with the minis in there? I know I used plastic bags as packing material, didn't see it in the pictures and just wanted to be sure you didn't throw it away, haha

I did! I think my wife is going to paint them-- it'll be something fun for us to do together!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rid posted:

A mysterious package arrived, interrupting Jobke's naps time. She was not impressed.

A) you've got your real name and address showing in that first package photo
B) can you, or your Santees, clue me in on whether this is your main round or your bonus round gift arriving?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rid posted:

But I was impressed by what the package contained: a copy of Hanabi (a family favorite), a John Carter 2d20 sourcebook, and an beautiful Yoshitaka Amano art book! All really cool stuff!

Thank you very much, rydiafan!

I was worried you might already have Hanabi, but it was worth the risk as it's so inexpensive. I'm sure you'll find a good home for it.

I was very paranoid everything would get there, as I used amazon.nl and I sure can't read Dutch. Google did its best translating the page, but it didn't translate any of the text on any buttons, so it was a lot of fun trying to decide which button was "pay for my order" and which button was "delete everything" and which button was "give Bezos extra money for Ultra Super Prime and also sign up for an Amazon credit card".

Leperflesh posted:

B) can you, or your Santees, clue me in on whether this is your main round or your bonus round gift arriving?

It's bonus round.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Santa's secret has been received!

A+ presentation

This is my favorite kind of RPG, one I know nothing about! Looking forward to digging in to it.

The Dangly mug is so nice that...

regrettably

I must admit

I already have one.

I'll make sure this one goes to a good home though.

Many thanks Santa(secret)!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Haha aw poo poo. Sorry about the mug. I wanted to get you a cool RPG and a Hams thing, but I'm so disconnected from WH at this point I couldn't possibly find you a worthwhile present for the game itself.

At least you should enjoy Malice, based on your OP. It's a very neat little game! Merry Christmas.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

That Old Tree posted:

Haha aw poo poo. Sorry about the mug. I wanted to get you a cool RPG and a Hams thing, but I'm so disconnected from WH at this point I couldn't possibly find you a worthwhile present for the game itself.

At least you should enjoy Malice, based on your OP. It's a very neat little game! Merry Christmas.

Not to be too personal but is your baby happy and healthy?

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Leperflesh posted:

A) you've got your real name and address showing in that first package photo

Oops - fixed that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

My lightning round gift is currently in the PayPal Resolution centre stage of ordering things, what fun!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Xiahou Dun posted:

Not to be too personal but is your baby happy and healthy?

No prob: despite intense Braxton-Hicks, it looks like they're probably going to make it to the firm due date next week. So likely babies about a week before Christmas.

I do need to get around to posting my gift pics. I just hate imgur on mobile so much.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Dec 11, 2020

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
sorry for some radio silence, was busy rubbing, buffing, etc

Santee, your gift is away, ups assures me you will have it saturday ish. im excited.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At this rate, I'm going to be one of the last presents - maybe the last present, to ship. How embarrassing!

...but I need to let the BLO cure properly before I can put on finish, so... nothing to be done. I'll make sure it arrives by the deadline, regardless. :)

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

My child decided to open my boxes so a.) I now know what i received and b.) do not have the slip with who to thank for it?

But I got

which was a fun thing to build

and

finally we can grow peppers in private without our coplayers interfering!

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

At this rate, I'm going to be one of the last presents - maybe the last present, to ship. How embarrassing!

...but I need to let the BLO cure properly before I can put on finish, so... nothing to be done. I'll make sure it arrives by the deadline, regardless. :)

linseed oil.... what are you up to leper?!?!?!?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Benedict posted:

My child decided to open my boxes so a.) I now know what i received and b.) do not have the slip with who to thank for it?

But I got

which was a fun thing to build

and

finally we can grow peppers in private without our coplayers interfering!
:cheers:

hope you and your kiddo enjoyed the build. Seemed like a silly fun thing to go with the thing you actually wanted lol

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Borrowed this from another thread: goon-made Jerky guy has some insight to exactly why the USPS is so spotty right now:

greggman posted:

Trust me, I feel your pain!

This is for everyone:

The Post Office, nationwide, is running up to a week behind. Packages are still getting to their final destination, but they are getting stuck in various distribution centers for extended period of time. This is mostly due to COVID 19. More importantly, the Postal Workers union. Whenever any worker comes into contact with someone who has tested positive, they are required to take off work until they have a negative test result. In many cases test results are talking up to a week and in some the postal workers are taking their time to go and get a test. That is because they are getting paid, no matter how long it takes for them to get a test and get the results back. As you can imagine, there are some who are taking advantage of the situation. I know that for sure.

Not wanting to be a downer or rehash old discussion--but the info about the postal worker's union in particular is something I didn't know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is some anti-union propaganda. Certainly has a right wing spin applied even if there is an underlying truth there

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup. Postal workers are "essential workers" and so they basically have to work even in heavily impacted areas, and worker protections for them are often inadequate. It's a good thing that they can't come back to work until they've tested negative, and also a good thing that they don't get docked pay. If 0.1% of workers milk that system, that is neither an indictment of the system itself, nor of postal workers and their union.

This also ignores the many news reports that total shipping volume is higher than usual across the board.

More people are staying home for christmas so they're mailing their presents more. Your mail is taking longer because there's more mail.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Your mail is taking longer because there's more mail.

I'm sure the fact that they literally dragged outside and smashed sorting machines to gently caress with the election isn't helping either!

It's like a perfect storm of delays, and frankly good on USPS for getting it done as well as they are

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sorting machines handle envelopes, not packages, but yep.

e. as far as I know, and I should say that's based on some outdated info because it's been a long time since I worked at UPS. Maybe those fix-rate standardized boxes USPS uses can also be machine-sorted. I doubt it though. Packages tend to jam in any automated system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leperflesh posted:

Sorting machines handle envelopes, not packages, but yep.

e. as far as I know, and I should say that's based on some outdated info because it's been a long time since I worked at UPS. Maybe those fix-rate standardized boxes USPS uses can also be machine-sorted. I doubt it though. Packages tend to jam in any automated system.

Oh yeah it's not directly responsible but if people have to sort all that mail without the machines it stands to reason that slows down the whole works

Anyway, delayed cheer is still cheer!