Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hey what up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I forget if it's in 2 or 3 you can see a npc trying to check another npc's spine light to see how hurt they are

I was specifically thinking of the bit in 1 where you're on a video call with someone standing on a balcony across the way, and you have a hologram screen in front of you showing their face, and you can see that they also have a little hologram screen presumably showing Isaac

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PantsBandit posted:

Dead Space 2 is probably the best balance of action and horror ever where both elements feel meaningful and complement each other.

#2 would be RE4.

Both TLOUs edge that for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

https://mooreburrito.ytmnd.com/

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Dead Space 2 is probably the best balance of action and horror ever where both elements feel meaningful and complement each other.

#2 would be RE4.

DS2 is great until the last 3 chapters when you get chased by an invincible monster, that section can gently caress right off. Also I feel RE4 has better and more satisfying weapons.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nm, you?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I would be extremely okay with a year of Samus, provided it does not involve Taylor Swift cosplaying her

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

She's more of a Secret of Evermore stan I hear

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Just got home from work. We are working on a project that may be related to a certain virus that is causing a pandemic atm, but I won't say more because I can technically get in trouble for talking about it. But I also work so far down the line in the process that I don't actually know anything specific, but it's nice to be part of the team anyways. Now I'm gonna finish off Mario Sunshine and eat some leftovers for dinner.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good luck on your work for coronavirus 2: the sequel to the coronavirus

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
We're calling the next coronavirus Covid-series S Elite

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

We're calling the next coronavirus Covid-series S Elite

I can't believe we jumped straight from covid-19 to covid-360

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it's called covid 360 because you see it, turn 360 degrees, and the hospital still had no beds

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

good luck on your work for coronavirus 2: the sequel to the coronavirus

sounds like it's going great

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

PantsBandit posted:

#2 would be RE4.

Evil Within 2 would be #3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Covid 19 vs Neo Covid, gonna be epic

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I've had it up to here with these incremental upgrades on the same architecture, why can't we get some hantavirus up in here next gen

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Woops wrong thread

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Dec 10, 2020

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's he think of Cyberpunk though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

biden recorded saying "sega does what nintendont"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

What's he think of Cyberpunk though

Biden reportedly thinks it's a movie about dudes who keep forgetting their dicks are sticking out of their pants, which he called "extremely relatable"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

One thing I'm curious about with Cyberpunk is how well it works as an RPG. How reactive are the quests? How much difference does it make how you build your character? Are we talking New Vegas-level reactivity, or is it more like the modern Deus Ex games (where the story mostly goes the same way until you make an ending choice)?

I read at least a couple reviews that suggested the RPG side of things fell flat but that it was still a fun open-world action game, and if that's the case I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

biden recorded saying "sega does what nintendont"

https://twitter.com/_plorf/status/1336357160427671552

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

homeless snail posted:

I've had it up to here with these incremental upgrades on the same architecture, why can't we get some hantavirus up in here next gen

hanta hanta, don't you want a

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Just got home from work. We are working on a project that may be related to a certain virus that is causing a pandemic atm, but I won't say more because I can technically get in trouble for talking about it. But I also work so far down the line in the process that I don't actually know anything specific, but it's nice to be part of the team anyways. Now I'm gonna finish off Mario Sunshine and eat some leftovers for dinner.

Good luck with your project. I'm also working on a project but it does not involve sars u, the sequel to sars, and instead involves me repeatedly accidentally jabbing my finger with a felting needle.

Almost done with the first bit of needling though, next is to cut out the pattern and align the felt to it, then do some more needling to assemble the whole thing.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A more fun Cyberpunk thing:

There's this YouTube channel I watch called How To Drink where a guy named Greg makes fun cocktail videos. He's a huge RPG nerd and has been looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, so he made a Johnny Silverhand cocktail in a video a few months ago. He prioritized making a good cocktail that matched the description of the drink in the dialogue in some prerelease gameplay footage (a "tequila Old Fashioned with a splash of cerveza and a chili garnish") rather than making it look like the drink we see in-game. Turns out the drink was pretty delicious, even though it didn't look anything like the in-game model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tMbVU9ymY

Apparently someone at CDPR is a fan of How To Drink and so they changed the in-game drink to look like the one from How To Drink, so Greg's mega-excited that he actually influenced the game in a small way, which is fun :unsmith:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Game chat friends, give me your chair recommendations. I need a new office chair for my desk and I have no idea how to parse the sea of them on Amazon.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

#2 would be RE4.

Yeah it's DS1 but Issac and therefore you the player are both kinda more... Empowered? Blasty? Stompy? But in like a desperate sorta way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4WsJ-FUhQQ

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Harrow posted:

Different people definitely have different levels of tolerance for low frame rates, resolution dips, and things like that, so if you're enjoying it, more power to you. I think generally if a game can't maintain 30 FPS, that's a significant issue. It's not necessarily gamebreaking, but I think it's a problem that needs correcting. But I'm sure you're not alone in not really being bothered by it and/or being able to look past it.

Honestly I wish I could stop caring about framerates because it's making it hard for me to fully enjoy one of my favorite games ever right now (Bloodborne). After playing a bunch of Demon's Souls remake and Dark Souls 3 in 60 FPS, Bloodborne's very stuttery 30 really stands out to me in a way I never noticed before. It's bumming me out.

This is exactly why I made a concentrated effort to finish and plat bloodborne before I got a ps5 and was subjected to 60fps glory and be ruined forever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SDR2 Chapter 3 Trial:

Big shoutout to Mikan's VA, she's doing a super fab job

Oh god Mikan's horny for despair :stare:

Oh no she's got a case of the Junkos! :derp:

NO IT'S WORSE SHE'S HORNY FOR JUNKO :ohno:

God I dread to think what kinda kinky poo poo Monokuma's lined up for this punishment

...That was actually way better than I expected

THEY MADE NIDAI INTO A TERMINATOR :supaburn:

So who's the traitor? OOOH! What if it's Hajime?! That would make sense with him not being an Ultimate and it's totally the kinda twist the player would never expect

Character Rankings

1. Ibuki (musician) - the queer ones always die
2. Kuzuryu (gangster) - totally turning it all around
3. Hiyoko (dancer) - legit surprised how much I'm missing her
4. Nanami (gamer) - bet she mains Zelda in Smash
5. Nidai (robot) - more like Mechamaru heh bet no one's ever said that before
6. Nagito (hope) - ok the whole sketchy ally dynamic is way better than the antagonist one, plus he's really snarky
7. Akane (gymnast) - awww she has emotions
8. Sonia (princess) - plays the straight woman role really well
9. Hajime (loser) - am I sneaky deaky???
10. Gundam (pets) - at least you were helpful this trial
11. Kazuichi (mechanic) - dude put your boner away for five seconds
12. Mikan (nurse) - this is your brain, this is your brain on despair

tl;dr: Hardest trial so far, game feels like an actual challenge now, the killer's VA was amazing

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Harrow posted:

One thing I'm curious about with Cyberpunk is how well it works as an RPG. How reactive are the quests? How much difference does it make how you build your character? Are we talking New Vegas-level reactivity, or is it more like the modern Deus Ex games (where the story mostly goes the same way until you make an ending choice)?

Second kind. Apparently the early hours make it seem like it's gonna be more reactive than it actually is, quite possibly because it was the original vertical slice, but then they just couldn't stick to that level for the entire game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

A more fun Cyberpunk thing:

There's this YouTube channel I watch called How To Drink where a guy named Greg makes fun cocktail videos. He's a huge RPG nerd and has been looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, so he made a Johnny Silverhand cocktail in a video a few months ago. He prioritized making a good cocktail that matched the description of the drink in the dialogue in some prerelease gameplay footage (a "tequila Old Fashioned with a splash of cerveza and a chili garnish") rather than making it look like the drink we see in-game. Turns out the drink was pretty delicious, even though it didn't look anything like the in-game model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9tMbVU9ymY

Apparently someone at CDPR is a fan of How To Drink and so they changed the in-game drink to look like the one from How To Drink, so Greg's mega-excited that he actually influenced the game in a small way, which is fun :unsmith:

this is a sweet moment and all but this guy gave me no tips on how to drink and im sick of having a wet shirt and beard all the time

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Game chat friends, give me your chair recommendations. I need a new office chair for my desk and I have no idea how to parse the sea of them on Amazon.

the steelcase leap is one of the premium office chairs and the used one i've got has been a dream

still worth trying to find them used, they're expensive but also near-indestructible

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
After partaking in substances I played some Post Void last night. Really neat game, can be kind of a lot. I walked away feeling like I played quite a while but it was really just like 15 minutes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

post void? but that's what I call your post history!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

the steelcase leap is one of the premium office chairs and the used one i've got has been a dream

still worth trying to find them used, they're expensive but also near-indestructible

I also recommend steelcase, they're expensive though. I got one paid for from my job and it fixed a shoulder issue I had that I didn't even know was due to my old racer style chair.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Work was very busy today, so my daily 13 Sentinels update is a bit late, but...it's still very good and intriguing. I've unlocked 12 characters now and the threads are starting to come together, and it's seriously super great.

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

post void? but that's what I call your post history!

i feel that, following this own, the only dignified thing i can do is announce a retirement from posting effective immediately

fortunately, i have no dignity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

i feel that, following this own, the only dignified thing i can do is announce a retirement from posting effective immediately

But you should be used to it by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

They're also claiming that it's unreasonable to expect a Modern AAA Game like CP2077 to run on weak 2013 consoles despite the fact that

1. The game has been in development since before the PS4 came out
2. There have been multiple technically impressive AAA games on current gen hardware this year
3. We're a month into the generation, there's no way people are using the new hardware yet in such a fashion as to be literally unplayable on current gen
4. The game was supposed to come out in February, months before the PS5 was even shown off, let alone out
5. They released a current gen version anyway

how could a weak old console run an open world AAA anyway time to play gta 5 on a ps3 that has 256mb of system ram somehow