Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I was really hoping they'd give him the trunks now that they're back in the comics.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I dig it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I always thought his previous outfit looked a little goofy, so I like going back to a more classical look.

Deadline ran a piece about the new suit, and I liked this quote from Hoechlin about it.

quote:

“But it’s always interesting when I’m asked how I feel about ‘my new suit,'” the actor said, “because I’ve always felt that the suit doesn’t belong to me; it belongs to everyone that finds some kind of meaning in that suit, in the symbol on the chest. I just happen to be the one wearing it. I come from the world of baseball and a line of coaches that always preached that the name on the front of the jersey is more important than the one on the back. Because when you wear that jersey, it represents not only you, but your entire team, and everyone that has ever worn that jersey that came before you. So when I wear the suit, that’s what it means to me. It represents everything that Superman stands for and has stood for, for almost a century now. And I look forward to carrying on that tradition.”

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
One thing I've noticed is, historically, they've always been really good at casting Lois in pretty much every Superman.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I too had a crush on Teri Hatcher

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Whatshername from Superman Returns was massively out of her depth, but other than that, yeah.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skwirl posted:

One thing I've noticed is, historically, they've always been really good at casting Lois in pretty much every Superman.

The chemistry between Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch is WONDERFUL. I love those two. If there was any justice, WB would also make them the big screen versions as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Whatshername from Superman Returns was massively out of her depth, but other than that, yeah.

Yeah let's not talk about Kate Bosworth and her poor imitation of Margot Kidder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I was mostly thinking of like, Smallville, which was incredibly hit or miss with most of their casting, but they loving nailed Lex and Lois.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I was mostly thinking of like, Smallville, which was incredibly hit or miss with most of their casting, but they loving nailed Lex and Lois.

Honorable mention to John Glover for bringing Lionel Luthor fully to life.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Yeah let's not talk about Kate Bosworth and her poor imitation of Margot Kidder.

I'm still apoplectic that Singer had the good taste to cast Parker Posey, but as Luthor's generic girlfriend and NOT Lois Lane, the role she was born to play.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

I don't mind Bosworth but she was told to act like Kidder and you are right, it was imitation and not acting.
More I think about Returns the more it makes me angry. It was pretty much a fan film to Donner and it suffered for it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Honorable mention to John Glover for bringing Lionel Luthor fully to life.

It's amazing how the show had him, Michael Rosenbaum, Erika Durance.

Then loving Kristin Kreuk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm still apoplectic that Singer had the good taste to cast Parker Posey, but as Luthor's generic girlfriend and NOT Lois Lane, the role she was born to play.

The rumor was Posey was cast as Lois and the studio mandated Bosworth.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Everyone in that loving movie was doing a bad impression of the Reeves films' version of their characters it was weird.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Everyone in that loving movie was doing a bad impression of the Reeves films' version of their characters it was weird.

At least Routh looked like Reeve and pulled it off. Bosworth looked like a small child playing dress up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Kevin Spacey had a lot of fun with it, but I'm not in favor of Kevin Spacey having fun anymore.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Kevin Spacey had a lot of fun with it, but I'm not in favor of Kevin Spacey having fun anymore.

He did kidnap a young boy

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm probably the only one who'll miss the old tiny!Superman suit. I liked the angular, science-officer type aesthetic it had.

This one seems............Snyderish......for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I assume he's been working out more because this is now his full time gig but the chest and shoulders are definitely bigger on the new suit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I bet they either never shoot him full body or the boots for the suit have Cuban heels.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

Sure but even at the time when I heard "Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor" I imagined something better than a hammy Gene Hackman impression.

Man I used to like that actor. What a loving monster he is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/JAMALIGLE/status/1337063316229853186?s=19

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's amazing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Marvel Studios news coming up at... some point in the next two and a half hours. Disney said earlier that there were 10 Marvel Studios series coming to Disney+ over the next couple years, though I think that's only two more than they've announced to date.

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disney-investor-day-2020/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's already 9 announced for Marvel.

Wandavision
Hawkeye
Ms Marvel
Loki
What If
Nick Fury
Falcon and Winter Soldier
She Hulk
Moon Knight

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Loki looks good

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337197005211365379?s=19

Tbh the falcon/bucky trailer isn't doing much for me

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337196313381797892?s=09

Wanda vision still looks good tho

https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337195626245844994?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Dec 11, 2020

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Tatiana is She Hulk.

Tim Roth Abomination and Bruce are gonna be in it too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lmao if I'm correct and that Loki trailer is actually implying Loki is D. B. Cooper

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AngryBooch posted:

Tim Roth Abomination and Bruce are gonna be in it too.

Holy poo poo

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337197803483742214?s=09

Secret invasion??
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337199620703850498?s=19

Riri and rhodey getting shows

https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337199777939935234?s=19

site fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Dec 11, 2020

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

huh I guess the rumors about FATWS following up on Black Widow were false then? Or maybe they cut out those plot points/characters in reshoots?

at least it’s coming sooner than expected

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Barry Convex posted:

huh I guess the rumors about FATWS following up on Black Widow were false then? Or maybe they cut out those plot points/characters in reshoots?

Sure looks like black widow sitting on the planet she died on looking very alive in that Loki trailer. Maybe that was part of the delay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barry Convex posted:

I think there are set photos of FATWS with a Black Widow character in them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

notthegoatseguy posted:

At this point so much has been pushed back for COVID I think it is going to be a good while before we see F4 or mutants in the MCU.
https://twitter.com/MarvelStudios/status/1337200479063994368

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

bye bitch. surprised it took them nearly two months to cancel it, we all knew it was DOA and that the only reason it made it onto Hulu at all was probably that it was already in production when Marvel Television was absorbed into Marvel Studios last year

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1338529406155968514

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Was Loeb's Marvel TV the only part that kept saying "no, we need to give the people what they want, lean MORE away from comics?"

No, wait, Daredevil and Cloak & Dagger, I guess.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Was Loeb's Marvel TV the only part that kept saying "no, we need to give the people what they want, lean MORE away from comics?"

I'm hard pressed to find any real indication that Loeb had creative input into any series. He seemed to be around mainly at the start to make sure things get off the ground, maybe serve as a point-man between show production and Marvel brass. I know AOS had to ask permission on certain characters, some they got approved, some they didn't.

AOS and Iron Fist season 2 were pretty wacky at times.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dawgstar posted:

Considering the stuff that came out about Loeb being kinda racist, I kind of doubt he had literally anything to do with Cloak & Dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I've been watching Doom Patrol and I love these idiots but Black Annis grabbing Cliff's crotch to confirm confirm he's for real not a man after he's just torn the flesh off to reveal his robot head is some real cis bullshit right after doing an episode about a sentient genderqueer street