Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Keanu is kind of an rear end in a top hat in this, like not in that he's a jerk, but like he's a douchebag.

Also female V's voice gets extremely hostile even when you pick the milder dialog options, it's annoying because I'm trying to shmooze most situations and I'm like chill out you're gonna blow it.

yeah the male V voice does that too. there's no way to fully stop being a punk to others in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glimm posted:

Stadia is actually really good though. I was playing this at 7pm yesterday on Stadia and haven't had any issues with it.

If it does get killed would suck though. Kind of like not getting your old digital console games anymore I guess, but feels worse since it shouldn't happen.

The problem is that it's a Google product. The idea itself isn't bad, but well I wouldn't trust buying something off Google, also their attempts to get software for it or things built off the ground were hilariously bad. Hell I don't think you can even use a non-stadia controller on a PC yet. But if you have it working fine at 4K that is cool.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Donovan Trip posted:

How do you guys even access nvidia control panel? All I can find is geforce experience. I've tried hunting for what to download but all I can find is an outdated app on windows store

It should also be in your system tray, right click > control panel

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

ughhhh posted:

If my V was modelled after Kira Narys from ds9 what would my skill focus be like?

Stealth and Explosives.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009

LifeSunDeath posted:

Also female V's voice gets extremely hostile even when you pick the milder dialog options, it's annoying because I'm trying to shmooze most situations and I'm like chill out you're gonna blow it.

I kinda like this. Honestly these aren't really situation you can be chill in. You can feel her losing the plot due to stress, it's great.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently there's a cap on hacking random things

I don't understand hacking though. I jack in and it keeps changing rows on me? I don't get it.

It alternates between horizontal and vertical set of options based on the string you're selecting. It always starts horizontal on the top row, then you'll only be able to select strings in the column below your choice, then in the row that next choice belongs to, so on and so forth.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Why is there no generalized central Africa accent option. Why?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Know the thread moves quickly thosw that have played a bit , will this scratch the itch I’ve been missing since alpha protocol?

I don’t ask for much

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

yeah the male V voice does that too. there's no way to fully stop being a punk to others in this game.

I mean, it is in the title :v:

Figured out my hardware problems on the new build. 2060 with DLSS is running everything on Ultra no RT beautifully at 2560x1440

Hopefully I'll get my PSU soon and I can slot the 3070 in and turn RT on

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Man, whoever designed the character creator menu that constantly scrolls as you're using it is not a smart person.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sab669 posted:

Figured out my hardware problems on the new build. 2060 with DLSS is running everything on Ultra no RT beautifully at 2560x1440

I will stop you from ever getting your PSU.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

If it's not obvious you don't necessarily want to blurt out any of the time limited speech options when they pop up btw. Sometimes they are all bad/piss people off and the composed response is the charismatic one.

I felt kinda bad about attacking the punks in the corpo start because of their reaction. Sorry guys I have no chill

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Kellanved posted:

I kinda like this. Honestly these aren't really situation you can be chill in. You can feel her losing the plot due to stress, it's great.

I do like the female V performance but I wish the dialogue choices better reflected what you're going to actually say/do. This game is really bad about that actually. I'll pick an option that I feel is witty and V will just be like "yeah I'm gonna loving kill you" and a fight starts. (This happened in the quest where you convince a cop to drop an investigation.) Even in more typical situations, I feel like V is constantly acting in a way that is not in line with the choices I'm selecting.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MazelTovCocktail posted:

The problem is that it's a Google product. The idea itself isn't bad, but well I wouldn't trust buying something off Google, also their attempts to get software for it or things built off the ground were hilariously bad. Hell I don't think you can even use a non-stadia controller on a PC yet. But if you have it working fine at 4K that is cool.

Also they just straight up shut down products and services with little notice.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

the_american_dream posted:

Know the thread moves quickly thosw that have played a bit , will this scratch the itch I’ve been missing since alpha protocol?

I don’t ask for much

Depends, what kind of penis customizability was available in that game? For example, you cannot control veiny-ness in C2077 so it’s hard to recommend right now

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Sab669 posted:

Why no Cyberfriend 2077 :(

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Kellanved posted:

Don't tell me he had a legendary weapon on him, I was so sad I didn't even check his cooling corpse.

I think he does but I couldn’t figure out a way to get at it, at least with the options I picked. Say what you will but no act of corpse desecrating is going to keep me from the iconic weaps

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

MazelTovCocktail posted:

That's weird, I'm pretty sure I used an Xbox 360 controller to play Stadia on my PC when I got the launch version (and of course keyboard/mouse work). You can't use those on Chromecasts though.

I'm actually a pleb who uses a 1080p TV, it might suck at 4k.

The rest, yeah, Google could shut it down at any time because it isn't a core business.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

i am a moron posted:

Depends, what kind of penis customizability was available in that game? For example, you cannot control veiny-ness in C2077 so it’s hard to recommend right now

I’m extremely interested in penis creation but more so the multiple branches of your play through being way different than mine

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

It alternates between horizontal and vertical set of options based on the string you're selecting. It always starts horizontal on the top row, then you'll only be able to select strings in the column below your choice, then in the row that next choice belongs to, so on and so forth.

This is not fun to me, I'll wait for the mod to disable this dumb poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You have four "entries" so you can use your first selection on a throwaway.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Or you could just not do it, nobody is forcing you to.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

satanic splash-back posted:

Or you could just not do it, nobody is forcing you to.

I forced him to do it.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009

I don’t ask for much

My nostalgia is too strong for Alpha Protocol for an accurate comparison. Maybe not quite the same mission complexity but close, and there's a lot of it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

it’s easy and takes literally two seconds when you figure it out lol

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
While investigating an invisible person and a floating phone this little kid walked up to me and perfectly summed up my Cyberpunk experience

https://i.imgur.com/tXo1wCt.mp4

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You're allowed to have extra inputs so long as you get the asked-for numbers in the right order. So, in that image, you could pick the first 1C in the first row, then go down to the E9 in the bottom row, then across to the first 55, then up to either of those 7A's.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
The pubic hair on my guy's vagina bugged out and wouldn't change color. 1/10

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I’ve been playing all day and missed like thirty pages of thread :blastu:

Any nice meltdowns?

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

I don’t ask for much

I was hoping it would scratch my Deus Ex itch, but it seems to have a bit of the GTA/Watchdogs approach to open world storytelling and aesthetics.

I'll still give it a shot though.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

I’m extremely interested in penis creation but more so the multiple branches of your play through being way different than mine

Outside of reviewers that had to rush through the game, no one has played enough to be able to answer this. I've heard that side quests can wildly change your ending, but from what I've seen the three life paths amount to 20-60 minutes of content that funnel you into an otherwise identical prologue.

I'm sure a few quests will have dialogue touching on your origin / choices, but expecting Alpha Protocol is probably unrealistic.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kazzah posted:

You're allowed to have extra inputs so long as you get the asked-for numbers in the right order. So, in that image, you could pick the first 1C in the first row, then go down to the E9 in the bottom row, then across to the first 55, then up to either of those 7A's.

Oh it's satisfying when you can nail all 3 codes at once.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kazzah posted:

Oooooh, it wraps around? I had now idea (and never tried, apparently).
This literally changes everything!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kazzah posted:

yep - and it checks the sequence for all applicable codes/code sequences are not exclusive to each goal so if you had a better cyber deck with a 5 slot buffer you’d then be able to get the data mine v1 in addition by having selected the uppermost 7A and cutting over to the other 1C

LGD fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 11, 2020

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

FallenGod posted:

Outside of reviewers that had to rush through the game, no one has played enough to be able to answer this. I've heard that side quests can wildly change your ending, but from what I've seen the three life paths amount to 20-60 minutes of content that funnel you into an otherwise identical prologue.

I'm sure a few quests will have dialogue touching on your origin / choices, but expecting Alpha Protocol is probably unrealistic.

I’ve had unique life path or skill based dialogue in a bunch of places so far, although I’d say 80-90% of the time it’s just incidental poo poo and only the rest of the time they’re actual “options” (the yellow text).

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

LGD posted:

yep - and it checks the sequence for all applicable codes/code sequences are not exclusive to each goal so if you had a better cyber deck with a 6 slot buffer you’d then be able to get the data mine v1 in addition by having selected the uppermost 7A and cutting over to the other 1C

ya once I realized this the breach hack made much more sense. that being said, the game definitely doesn't explain it to you very well since a lot of people are coming out still confused by it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
How does this game run at 1440p with a 3070 and 6C/12T CPU?

Also, are there any handy performance guides that explain which settings options are FPS traps?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

This game needed another 6 months at least. I’m one of the fortunate ones not having any performance issues and don’t get me wrong the visuals are incredible, but I don’t think the gameplay has a satisfying feel to it at all. Combat and stealth feels very generic and the AI is atrocious. I just effortlessly sprinted through a major combat part that I’m willing to bet was supposed to be challenging and enemies completely ignore your partner while they casually walk to catch up to you.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Thundercracker posted:

Man, whoever designed the character creator menu that constantly scrolls as you're using it is not a smart person.

I assumed this was just one of those bugs I ran into and no one else did like item indicators not showing up ever so I had to explore every bit of the areas I was in, until I died for like the fifth time in that first shootout and then they just randomly appeared.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Why is there no generalized central Africa accent option. Why?

The fact that you only get one stock voice for each set of given pronouns is weird enough; but the fact that you can only really play as relatively light skinned brown characters (or one weirdly greenish dark tone) falls flat for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the unlocks for street cred - when they say they unlock more clothes at vendors, are they just referring to unlocking clothes that are locked? or do their inventories also populate?