Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Araganzar posted:

Just think how validating this would be if that were you and your "thing" was killing pigeons. Like when I played GTA if there was an opportunity to hit a guy on a motorcycle head on, I had to take it. I didn't care if I was 17 minutes into a mission. If Rockstar had put out an infographic saying some player was destroying 82 motorcycles a day in head on collisions it would have been the highlight of my week.

It's probably not true but I like to think somewhere someone is looking at that chart and saying "Yes! Finally somebody gets it!"

one time i was playing gta 4 at work (i used to have a really bullshit job) and i creamed a motorcyclist in precisely this fashion and was like ha ha. look at him go. and my coworker who happened to be watching was like "i knew a guy who got hit on his bike like that. split him open from the crotch up. guts all over the road" then he just sort of ambled away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013

Araganzar posted:

Forget all that, who is this person who's killed 82 pigeons a day since the game started????

This might be a bit cynical, but I'm 99% certain that this person, as well as the player who falls to their death 30 times each day and the one who drowns 50 times each day, are probably bots that are still in their early stages. Someone has definitely seen all the work people put into speedrunning the start of the game to reroll accounts as fast as possible, and decided to automate the process for profit. At that point all you'd have to do is wait for the bots to eventually roll multiple 5* characters with the fates that the game throws at you in the beginning, and you get an account worth selling.

Or they could be really really young children. Either/or.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Weedle posted:

one time i was playing gta 4 at work (i used to have a really bullshit job) and i creamed a motorcyclist in precisely this fashion and was like ha ha. look at him go. and my coworker who happened to be watching was like "i knew a guy who got hit on his bike like that. split him open from the crotch up. guts all over the road" then he just sort of ambled away

Where did you work, Buzzkill Studios?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

PassingPie posted:

This might be a bit cynical, but I'm 99% certain that this person, as well as the player who falls to their death 30 times each day and the one who drowns 50 times each day, are probably bots that are still in their early stages. Someone has definitely seen all the work people put into speedrunning the start of the game to reroll accounts as fast as possible, and decided to automate the process for profit. At that point all you'd have to do is wait for the bots to eventually roll multiple 5* characters with the fates that the game throws at you in the beginning, and you get an account worth selling.

Or they could be really really young children. Either/or.

I doubt it. Killing pigeons is fairly useless, quite difficult, and doesn't map to any other activity you'd want to train a bot for. It certainly has no application for rerolling accounts.

The drowning record, I would be willing to bet is a fetish thing. Watching female characters dying is one of the weirder kinks the internet has come up with. See this entire youtube channel. Some dude just needed to capture the perfect angle of drowning Noelle to get off.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Enviosity just pulled Keqing on his alt account. Nice to see him having some fun for once, lol

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So, you want the ultimate Zhongli shield build? Think you know how it goes, right? Think it's just stacking that HP? You don't know poo poo.

Maxed out Dragon's Bane, 4pc Petra, full rolls in Elemental Mastery on Flower/Feather, EM on Circlet/Sands/Goblet with CR%/CD%/ER%/HP% substats on every piece and all rolls in HP%. 8.5k HP Jade Shield (21k effective health against Geo), 4.15k Crystallize shields (10k effective health against their respective element). Who cares if his meteor is only doing 15k and he's stealing all the reactions? You now literally can't die to slimes and Crystallize shields can actually take a hit.

(This is very dumb and you should not actually do this.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

With Bolide, his shield would actually be ~11.5k effective HP!

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So question I got Eggsworth on my 76th pigeon kill today, does that reset my pidgie timer or do I still have a guaranteed 5* pigeon at 82? I really want to get Eggward...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Is there a way to get out of the Spiral Whale Dungeon without using the P2W Wizard Key?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I still need to get off my rear end and clear Abyss 7 fast enough to unlock 8 and poo poo. I absolutely have the characters to do so I'm sure I just find little time to devote to farming resources and artifacts for people because I work retail right now. :negative:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
which rewards in the abyss reset and which dont? I'm guessing you only get the artifacts once but you get the primos and money every month(?)

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
Not sure if this was mentioned here before, but I recently found that holding a movement direction while mashing Ningguang's basic makes her attack like 33% faster than if you attacked just standing still. The difference is staggering. If you're ever playing Ningguang, just always always hold a movement direction when attacking.

Klee sorta benefits from this as well, but requires timing to not follow through with her 3 hit combo. Can rapid fire the 1st-hit bomb really fast.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

awesmoe posted:

which rewards in the abyss reset and which dont? I'm guessing you only get the artifacts once but you get the primos and money every month(?)
All rewards from 9-12 reset, nothing else does.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Interesting discovery: Assuming absolutely perfect substats, Diluc is slightly better off going Elemental Mastery on his Sands instead of ATK%, if he's , using Wolf's Gravestone. WG provides so much overkill ATK% that it's better to diversify into other multipliers, and while you can swap out to a Crit-related Circlet and Pyro Goblet, you can't do that for Sands except through EM. You still want to roll exclusively into Crit-related stats, but the 23 EM substat on each other artifact and 187 EM mainstat on the Sands results in a Diluc whose Pyro DPS is about 1.5k lower but whose Vaporize DPS is 2k higher and Melt DPS is 3k higher. Better as long as you're joined at the hip to Xingqiu and/or Chongyun, slightly worse raw.

Also I mathed out a perfectly-geared C4 Tartaglia with the latest datamined Heart of Depth set bonus and a lv9 melee Burst with Riptide Blast triggering results in 149,300 damage per enemy (C5 would hit even harder due to +3 on the Burst skill). A lv9+1 Charged Shot would Vaporize for 45k and deal an additional 4.5k off Riptide Flash. Tapping E would Vaporize for 25k per enemy. His regular melee attack string against a single enemy would do 23k DPS factoring in Riptide Slash, and if we assume Riptide Slash hits two additional enemies per proc it becomes 38k DPS; that's all without any reactions, throw in a maxed out C6 Fischl and the AoE damage becomes absurd and everything would die in seconds. And the 6 hit melee attack string is not even his best DPS option.

To be clear, this is competitive single target damage to Diluc under Dawn's enchantment with Xingqiu's Burst active so he can Vaporize every hit, without reactions, and the damage increases with each additional enemy as each enemy is both hit by Riptide Slash and hitting every other enemy in range with Riptide Slash. Also I itemized five whole substat rolls into Energy Recharge, that could've all gone into more Crit DMG but I'm pretty sure it's better to ensure Burst loop consistency.

If you're wondering the equipment needed for this monstrosity:
  • R1 Skyward Harp: R5 would allow for itemization out of Crit DMG and into EM or ATK%, but I wouldn't do EM probably. It's an extra 20% CD at R5 so like another 1.2k DPS or something overall if you change nothing else, but the ratios for Crit are actually higher than for ATK% so you'd actually want less CD%.
  • Set Bonus: 4pc Heart of Depth; +15% Hydro DMG and +30% Normal/Charged Attack DMG for 15s after using Elemental Skill.
  • Flower: +HP main; 23.4% CR, 7.8% CD, 23 EM, 5.8% ATK subs.
  • Feather: +ATK main; 23.4% CR, 7.8% CD, 23 EM, 5.8% ATK subs.
  • Circlet: CD% main; 3.9% CR, 23 EM, 39% ER, 5.8% ATK subs.
  • Sands: ATK% main; 3.9% CR, 46.8% CD, 23 EM, 6.5% ER subs.
  • Goblet: Hydro% Main; 19.5% CR, 7.8% CD, 23 EM, 11.6% ATK subs.
I think that's about as good as almost any character can get for itemization. The ratios between multiplier types are as close as I've ever seen them (207.5% ATK, 120.4% DMG, 204.83% Crit), and the Crit Rate/Damage ratio is exactly 1:2 (101.2% Rate so technically a small bit of waste, but you know you want to autocrit). This is the Kwisatz Haderach of Childe builds, and there is no content in the entire game right now that he wouldn't mow down in seconds.

The odds of getting these artifacts with these rolls in this configuration are probably like one in a trillion or something stupid though, so yeah you're never seeing it unless they someday foolishly allow player customization of substats.

gandlethorpe posted:

With Bolide, his shield would actually be ~11.5k effective HP!
Only on him though, I think. And believe me, you are not going to want to DPS on this Zhongli.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Nakar posted:

Only on him though, I think. And believe me, you are not going to want to DPS on this Zhongli.

That's why you wear Bolide on your DPS with actual good stats!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Does +Lightning Damage on Fischl increase Oz's damage if he's out and I switch characters?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

CubeTheory posted:

Does +Lightning Damage on Fischl increase Oz's damage if he's out and I switch characters?

Yes. Electro Damage is the stat you want most on a support Fischl.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Ashenai posted:

Yes. Electro Damage is the stat you want most on a support Fischl.

It's also why her best support set is 2pc Thundering Fury (+15% Electro damage) and 2pc Gambler (+20% Elemental Skill damage, i.e. Oz damage) since they always work.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Generally, anything that's a stat increase works off field. For things that happen conditionally, like weapon passives and set bonuses with more unique effects, they need to be active. Sometimes a set can have both kinds, like 4-piece Thundering Fury. With that, Fischl can get increased reaction damage while off field, but won't decrease her cooldown.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

shimmy shimmy posted:

It's also why her best support set is 2pc Thundering Fury (+15% Electro damage) and 2pc Gambler (+20% Elemental Skill damage, i.e. Oz damage) since they always work.
I'd think that at higher Constellations you'd want Gladiator instead of Gambler, both because it can drop in 5 star and because some of her Constellation effects key off her ATK and don't, as far as I know, count as Elemental Skill damage (though that warrants testing); losing 2% on Oz attacks is worth it to boost everything else, I think. Then again C6 Fischl may or may not be the triggering character and might want 4pc Thundering Fury, I'm not sure.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Nakar posted:

I'd think that at higher Constellations you'd want Gladiator instead of Gambler, both because it can drop in 5 star and because some of her Constellation effects key off her ATK and don't, as far as I know, count as Elemental Skill damage (though that warrants testing); losing 2% on Oz attacks is worth it to boost everything else, I think. Then again C6 Fischl may or may not be the triggering character and might want 4pc Thundering Fury, I'm not sure.

Because %Atk only affects base attack (from levels and weapon) it usually results in a much smaller increase in your actual attack - +18% Atk working out to something like a 10% increase in your actual Attack value on the character, although it's going to vary on where your attack is coming from for the character. Your total %Atk is also usually larger than your %Dmg, which also skews the numbers even more towards % damage increases instead. 4pc Thundering Fury probably needs testing, I think it will increase the reaction damage but not trigger the cooldown reduction if Fishl isn't on the field, but it's unlikely to matter unless you have her at C6.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

4TF is a weird set. It's can just be thought of as 2 piece TF + 2 piece conductor (as 80 EM gives something like +35% dmg to electro reactions), which is pretty reasonable to run on Fischl but don't go out of your way to farm it. I happened to get a crit rate helm so I run it on her.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Yes, but if the Constellation effects don't count as Elemental Skill damage, then the bonus provided by Gambler is 0%, so it doesn't matter how much worse ATK% is because it's still contributing something. A4 and C6 add up to a ton of damage with someone fast enough to trigger the reactions a lot (Tartaglia, Xingqiu, C6 Bennett).

EDIT: By the way, a preliminary analysis of Ganyu's numbers suggests she's pretty much a one trick pony, but that one trick might be really good. Like five digit Aimed Shots with reasonable AoE and huge Melts if you can get Pyro on the enemy first (Guoba seems the obvious pick). Not sure how fast it takes her to lv2 charge though, so I can't estimate the DPS very well, but since it's just her bow she expends no resources or cooldowns or Stamina to attack. Also she's insanely fragile, she has Fischl-tier HP and Defense and she's a 5 star.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 11, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think we don't know how many waves her ult makes and how big the aoe is. If her ult is pyronado levels of powerful she could be incredibly strong with diluc/klee and diona (to charge her ult, as I suspect her own orb gen is going to be garbage) and you could ignore her charged shot entirely.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 11, 2020

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

No Wave posted:

I think we don't know how many waves her ult makes and how big the aoe is. If her ult is pyronado levels of powerful she could be incredibly powerful with diluc/klee and diona (to charge her ult, as I suspect her own orb gen is going to be garbage) and you could ignore her charged shot entirely.
Yeah, it has a 15s duration which isn't divisible cleanly into 2 second intervals, so it might tick either every second or every third second. In the former case it's batshit insane and will result in Klee carpet bombing everything with gargantuan Melts, in the latter case it's much worse but still probably decent for Diluc. As a burst support she might be pretty okay, but it depends on the number of Cryo AoEs it does (the number of waves also determines whether the damage is "meh" or "really good" since the datamined info only says how much each wave deals).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If the first banner's 4*s are good I'm going to pull to 74 then hope we get more information by the end of Albedo's banner. Maybe we'll even get some info tomorrow.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
the deliveries are dogshit boring but not actually hard. just tp to the closest point and run to the person, dodging enemies.
JUST tolerable for 60 primos

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Other things equal, do I want crit rate or crit dmg on a helmet? Asking for Klee and Childe, but a general answer also works. Klee is 2 glad / 2 witch, Childe is 4 troupe. tia

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

awesmoe posted:

the deliveries are dogshit boring but not actually hard. just tp to the closest point and run to the person, dodging enemies.
JUST tolerable for 60 primos

Honestly I'm just stoked they have stuff like this queued up to keep the primo stream going. I have Welkin and dailies, so I'm at a pull a day still at least, but I'm I can see how the non gifted primos dry up fast.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

zgrowler2 posted:

Other things equal, do I want crit rate or crit dmg on a helmet? Asking for Klee and Childe, but a general answer also works. Klee is 2 glad / 2 witch, Childe is 4 troupe. tia

As I understand it you want to keep it 1 rate per 2 dmg. Aim for 50% crit and then build up to 100% crit damage and then keep it 1/2.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I need some advice on a 2nd team. My main team is Xinyan, Fish, Xiangling and QiQi.

I have every other 4* and Zhong Li but I'm kind of unsure what to build for. I have no other DPS claymores and I'm frankly not interested in running Razor or popsicle boy. Geo MC, Zhongli, Bennet and some kind of reaction activator maybe? My Ning is C0 so I'm not super pumped to dump resources into her for now. Could use a team that can handle fire enemies a little easier. Tempted to go in on DPS BARBARA

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Saxophone posted:

As I understand it you want to keep it 1 rate per 2 dmg. Aim for 50% crit and then build up to 100% crit damage and then keep it 1/2.

Gotcha, thanks a ton!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Dom is Here posted:

I need some advice on a 2nd team. My main team is Xinyan, Fish, Xiangling and QiQi.

I have every other 4* and Zhong Li but I'm kind of unsure what to build for. I have no other DPS claymores and I'm frankly not interested in running Razor or popsicle boy. Geo MC, Zhongli, Bennet and some kind of reaction activator maybe? My Ning is C0 so I'm not super pumped to dump resources into her for now. Could use a team that can handle fire enemies a little easier. Tempted to go in on DPS BARBARA

Bennett is a spectacular carry with popsicle boy providing reactions.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Dom is Here posted:

DPS Bennett is apparently pretty good. Bennett, XQ, QiQi, and Chong sounds like a good team and will get you a crit bonus from double ice. Or maybe go with another fire character for double fire bonus if you are really anti Chong.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

zgrowler2 posted:

Other than the 1:2 ratio said before, klee and especially childe want to err on the side of crit rate because they have abilities that trigger on crit

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

I more or less finished my Noelle's hybrid offense/support build with Bolide set. I'm pretty impressed with how versatile it is. Hefty crit dmg, 950+ heals, big big shield. I find it hard to ever get rid of the Beyblade Maid.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1337230627637141506

more Paimon bucks

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

4TF is a weird set. It's can just be thought of as 2 piece TF + 2 piece conductor (as 80 EM gives something like +35% dmg to electro reactions), which is pretty reasonable to run on Fischl but don't go out of your way to farm it. I happened to get a crit rate helm so I run it on her.

It actually grows in "effective" EM the more EM you have, due to how much more it takes to add 40%.

I got bored and did the domain so I could have a complete set to confirm, then mathed it out.

pre:
EM   Equivalent EM for +40%
0       89
50      96
100     103
150     110
200     117
250     125
300     133
:eng101:

This is actually relevant too, since Stringless gives EM as a secondary stat (151 at level 80)

The Crusher posted:

I more or less finished my Noelle's hybrid offense/support build with Bolide set. I'm pretty impressed with how versatile it is. Hefty crit dmg, 950+ heals, big big shield. I find it hard to ever get rid of the Beyblade Maid.

Dang, just get a suitable feather and you've got a solid set for any Zhongli-supported DPS!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I wish there was just a single official place to explain what all of the stats and bonuses do and how they interact with one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

lorewise, the latest chapter of the HI3 manga just dropped on Webtoon and I'm real curious as to whether there might be future Genshin cameos/implications since it's the future and Otto and Welt are getting teleported from a desert-island-in-space situation through at least one dimension and possibly others on their way back to Earth