Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WILLOW!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm happy with all of this.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Did I hear them say Andor was 12 episodes? If so, nice. Also Lando and a live action High Republic show from the Sith POV?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
So is the cycle going to be one series dropping on a schedule that doesn’t allow for free trials?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

They'd have to re-cast some of the X-Wing pilots, but I now have Expectations about the Rangers show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rogue squadron????

https://twitter.com/PattyJenks/status/1337177394625478656?s=19

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

I feel like I just gorged myself on cake

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

To be honest they can announce all the stuff they want, I won't get too excited about anything until I see a trailer and a release date.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

General Dog posted:

Maybe that's like crow's feet for her species. She's no spring chicken, after all.

Mayyybe but it looks an awful lot more like creased cosplay foam than anything organic or intentional, just feel like disney could afford better

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

mllaneza posted:

They'd have to re-cast some of the X-Wing pilots, but I now have Expectations about the Rangers show.

That's a ST era XWing on the logo, isn't it. And they say set in a new era, so it looks like a post ST crew.

edit: Actually looking at it again, maybe not an ST era Xwing? Still would fit.

Teek fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 11, 2020

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1337173771682103297

I wonder if this is also about X-Wing pilots.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

teagone posted:

It’s been a while, but I kinda remember some New Republic group in the old EU called the (something) Rangers who were like US Marshals for the fledgling government and hunted down Imp war criminals who’d fled to the outer rim. I’d bet this will be similar and feature minor Mando characters like Cara or the two X-Wing guys we’ve seen.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

teagone posted:

It's almost certainly a tie-in to Cara and that badge. Didn't she say she was a Marshal in the last episode?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well this thread will be busy for a few years yet

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

PantsOptional posted:

It's almost certainly a tie-in to Cara and that badge. Didn't she say she was a Marshal in the last episode?

Oh gently caress if it's a Cara show. gently caress that noise lol.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I only have enough room to like one problematic woman starring in an sw show so it's ahsoka, sorry cara

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ROGUE SQUADRON MOVIE :circlefap:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/10/22168682/patty-jenkins-star-wars-movie-rogue-sqaudrons-wonder-woman

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Or series.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

teagone posted:

Oh gently caress if it's a Cara show. gently caress that noise lol.

I mean it's super noticable they announced Rosario for the Ahsoka show but absolutely zip in terms of casting for Rangers

They're probably considering their options

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

mllaneza posted:

Or series.

In her teaser she says movie

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

mllaneza posted:

Or series.

Well, Jenkins is doing a film. They could give us a tie in series too, who knows

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At long last, Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader not having to read hamfisted George Lucas prequel dialogue.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hayden Christensen redemption.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah James earl jones will be reading it

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

drat them straight to hell if Warwick Davis isn’t somehow involved.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

site posted:

Yeah James earl jones will be reading it

This will be a day long remembered.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

It's almost like Kennedy does know what she's doing and good for her. Also, now is a very good time to buy Disney stock.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Gonz posted:

drat them straight to hell if Warwick Davis isn’t somehow involved.

He is

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

LionArcher posted:

It's almost like Kennedy does know what she's doing and good for her. Also, now is a very good time to buy Disney stock.

Arguably it was a even better time when the stock dipped below $100 during the park closure announcements

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What about Willow?

Nevermind I googled it yay

Rando fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 11, 2020

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Cross-Section posted:

Arguably it was a even better time when the stock dipped below $100 during the park closure announcements

Well yes

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

LionArcher posted:

She probably told the higher ups "we need to listen to the story group, especially Filoni. You don't want a disaster like Rise of Skywalker again" and they went "uh okay" while counting their money.

Rangers being what is basically a Nazi Hunter show would be awesome. make it real obvious that they're doing that too.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 11, 2020

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Stoked as hell about all the Star Wars things (except maybe Ahsoka, but only because I haven't seen a lot of Clone Wars so I don't have much of an attachment). I think I gave an audible shout of excitement at the Rogue Squadron reveal. Hope Gina Carano isn't involved in that Rangers project, because I'm really looking forward to more New Republic stuff otherwise. MacGregor and Christensen coming back sounds awesome. Also I just rewatched Rogue One and that movie still rules, so looking forward to Andor as well.

Overall I think the Disney era has a much better record with the smaller ground level stories like Rogue One and The Mandalorian than the big operatic stuff (Solo being the main exception for the former and TLJ for the latter, IMO). So it's a good sign that that seems to be the focus here, and I think it's a lot harder to feel oversaturated when it's just a bunch of Star Wars things that you can watch or not, rather than The One Big Star Wars Event every two years.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Gonz posted:

At long last, Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader not having to read hamfisted George Lucas prequel dialogue.

My uncle who works at Nintendo said that show’s gonna have gungans.

Also, super hyped about Willow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Super stoked for Ahsoka, Andor and Obi-Wan series. Couldn't give a toss about Bad Batch. The rest.... we'll see.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought they said they were gonna announce a lot of Star Wars projects

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vintersorg posted:

Super stoked for Ahsoka, Andor and Obi-Wan series. Couldn't give a toss about Bad Batch. The rest.... we'll see.

I watched the trailer and it looks like they will go rogue after order 66 which makes me way more interested in the series.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Mando
Ahsoka
Rangers of the New Republic (set concurrently with Ahsoka, crossover finale)
Andor
Obi-Wan Kenobi
The Bad Batch
Visions (anime anthology)
Lando
The Acolyte (high republic era series from the creator of Russian Doll)
A Droid Story

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Is the Bad Batch trailer significantly different from the first few eps of Clone Wars s7 because holy poo poo I hated every one of those fuckers except for Echo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Bismuth posted:

Is the Bad Batch trailer significantly different from the first few eps of Clone Wars s7 because holy poo poo I hated every one of those fuckers except for Echo.

Watch it for yourself. The premise looks good: Bad Batch vs the nascent empire, seeing how the republic actually becomes the empire.