Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Sydin posted:

It's a lot more than a few bugs, it's been early Fallout 76 levels of completely broken and borderline unplayable for a lot of people.

Here's a Bloomberg piece on the reviews/stock price: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-07/cd-projekt-s-cyberpunk-game-is-a-critical-hit-despite-glitches

Looks like that was written based on prerelease copies from before the day one patch they put out. I’m not saying there aren’t still a bunch of bugs in there, but apparently they weren’t bad enough to drag the score down very much if it’s sitting at 90 out of 100 on metacritic. The article is right in that it's not on the same level as GTAV or RDR2, but I'd still consider that a good score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Quartering's complaints about Gamespot's review of C77 are less about the game itself and more about his long-running grudge against a specific woman who dares to play video games.

Bob (wait no not that one, come back) did a video about it a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4-Qq0vP-s

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 10, 2020

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Cyberpunk 2077 is just another "battleground" in the imagined "war for our culture" poo poo these alt-right clowns do to cash in on the latest outrage.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Speaking of Bobs making videos about movies.

Can someone summarize eugenics Bobs career for the past decade? I used to like his stuff at the Escapist but things seemed to have gone down hill from there and now apparently he's a part owner of the Escapists desiccated husk?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Ha! I just noticed Jon's junk is aligned with the Sun in the astrolabe. Whole Earth revolving around his dick.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Good art shows you something new everytime you come back to it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fearfully symmetrical

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
There is nothing more exhausting than people who give a poo poo about game review scores and the world would be a better place if the metacritic servers spontaneously melted into the earth so I never have to see anyone complain that their 90 game got an 84 ever again.

If New Vegas missed out on a bonus payment because of metacritic scores thats actually got nothing to do with reviews at all thats the publisher putting a poo poo condition on their deal and tying bonus performance to an arbitary number that doesn't mean anything.

C77 is probably going to end up fine after patches, but atm it's just another overhyped rush release. Probably the pandemic didn't help. Some of the people lucky enough for it to run well on their computers seem to like it well enough. I couldn't get into the Witcher 3 so I doubt I'll bother with it myself tbh.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Mr Phillby posted:

There is nothing more exhausting than people who give a poo poo about game review scores and the world would be a better place if the metacritic servers spontaneously melted into the earth so I never have to see anyone complain that their 90 game got an 84 ever again.

If New Vegas missed out on a bonus payment because of metacritic scores thats actually got nothing to do with reviews at all thats the publisher putting a poo poo condition on their deal and tying bonus performance to an arbitary number that doesn't mean anything.

C77 is probably going to end up fine after patches, but atm it's just another overhyped rush release. Probably the pandemic didn't help. Some of the people lucky enough for it to run well on their computers seem to like it well enough. I couldn't get into the Witcher 3 so I doubt I'll bother with it myself tbh.

Bad news about the gaming community before Metacritic

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
lmao I forgot about the Twilight Princess 8.8 saga, the meltdowns were legendary.

8.8 was generous imo, TP is one of the weakest mainline Zelda entries.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I feel like the Venn diagram of people outraged by 8.8 and the people who dismissed Wind Waker as a kiddy game is just a circle

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Randallteal posted:

It was a only a few years ago that GFAQs now allows their users to swear! They even have the ability to embed videos and such like any modern forum does!

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Katt posted:

Speaking of Bobs making videos about movies.

Can someone summarize eugenics Bobs career for the past decade? I used to like his stuff at the Escapist but things seemed to have gone down hill from there and now apparently he's a part owner of the Escapists desiccated husk?

I don't believe he's a part owner of The Escapist. He did have a better contract with them when they re-booted so that he got to own all the IP that he created with them ("The Big Picture" name, format, and back catalogue of episodes being the main things he didn't own previously when he made it for The Escapist). They didn't renew his contract so now he's getting to take that IP and do more episodes of that show on his personal youtube channel, whereas previously he was doing knock-off versions of that show occasionally along with trying out different things.

There's a surprisingly not-terrible Reddit post that goes into a lot of detail on what is known, focusing on Bob's lovely online behavior (though I believe it was posted before Lindsay Ellis had to call him out for trying to imply they were friends.)

It seems he got a big boost on his Patreon after The Escapist let him go, and while those numbers have been declining it is a very slow decline.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sf0l2cdoF0
Kurtis Connor looks at a youtuber's scam "how to go viral" video series. The guy in question charges $200 for his series and one his pieces of advice is literally "find a smaller channel that had a video go viral and steal their content by redoing it exactly the same, even the video name."

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Randallteal posted:

Oh god Gamefaqs has so many terrible design schemes.
Not that I would know anything about that. No siree.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sydin posted:

lmao I forgot about the Twilight Princess 8.8 saga, the meltdowns were legendary.

8.8 was generous imo, TP is one of the weakest mainline Zelda entries.

It was so incredible it even got its own TV Tropes page: 8.8.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The New Zealand clown girl has a new video up on another classic Kickstarter scam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Ct_lwb3fQ

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 11, 2020

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Nuns with Guns posted:

The New Zealand clown girl has a new video up on another classic Kickstarter scam:

What in the hell is this artstyle? how is it cutesy but extremely ugly at the same time?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Yeah people are morons in general but metacritic industrialized that poo poo. Also like it launched in 2001, no idea what the site functionality was back then of how popular it was in general but I guarantee some of the people mad about the TP 8.8 score were going on about it pushing the average score down even back then.

People getting mad because a 4/5 rave review is bringing the average down because it got converted to an 80% for some dumbass website for morons is why metacritic needs to go away. Its applying data analytics to completely subjective arbitary data points and it often results in anyone offering a discenting opinion getting dogpiled for daring to have a miniscule effect on a stupid number.

I seem to remember some publications getting heat because they use the entire scale for their reviews instead of deciding anything less than 7.5 is dogshit and that was throwing off the data.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

40-Degree Day posted:

What in the hell is this artstyle? how is it cutesy but extremely ugly at the same time?

Have you ever been on tumblr

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

Hazbin hotel

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The Quartering's complaints about Gamespot's review of C77 are less about the game itself and more about his long-running grudge against a specific woman who dares to play video games.

Bob (wait no not that one, come back) did a video about it a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4-Qq0vP-s

yeah. i didn't think her review was that great(not cause of score but more my subjective taste and poo poo) but whatever, she is right about the crafting and the UI stuff being a mess. to befair the game clearly isnt her thing and she was on a deadline so whatever. i thought the waypoint one covered the same issues and stuff but better. anyway gently caress the quartering, making multi hour videos about some review is loving dumb. like your a dumb piece of poo poo who is just looking for a reason to be mad at some lady who does reviews about some game you probably wont play.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 11, 2020

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Tumblr was the best ever source for understanding the first rule of creating stuff: the idea is the easy part.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Tumblr is just incredible at generating the most insane drama I loving love it where else would you find callout posts about people selling human bones or find people happily handing thousands of dollars over to literal teenagers to organize conventions or create animated TV shows without question?

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

No I have not, lol

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Mr Phillby posted:

Tumblr is just incredible at generating the most insane drama I loving love it where else would you find callout posts about people selling human bones or find people happily handing thousands of dollars over to literal teenagers to organize conventions or create animated TV shows without question?

The Dashcon organizers were actually 30-somethings.

Which is worse.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Mr Phillby posted:

The only other place I know of on the internet where stuff like this happens is, uh, well...

EDIT: I'm so glad Chip Cheezum and Voidburger were streaming the Game Awards so we could see Chip's reaction to the new Smash Bros. character.

https://twitch.tv/videos/832915145?t=1014s

Ariong fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 11, 2020

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

SkeletonHero posted:

Which is worse.
Iirc wasn't the main face/organizer like 18 but everyone else was a 30 year old there to cynically take idiots money?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

yeah, the sad net weirdo who loves watching online train crashes likes tumblr. like its insane poo poo but also funny.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
"i wish the clown's reporting was more accurate" is a statement i now feel on a daily basis but it has never been more relevant than today

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

SkeletonHero posted:

Which is worse.

what was that brony con that was set up by 2 grifters and they had attendies "exchange" their money for pony bucks or whatever and it was a poo poo show and the griffters pulled the fire alarm and left and thats why like the voice actresses only did big cons because they were stuck there because and didnt have cash for flights back.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Ariong posted:

The only other place I know of on the internet where stuff like this happens is, uh, well...

EDIT: I'm so glad Chip Cheezum and Voidburger were streaming the Game Awards so we could see Chip's reaction to the new Smash Bros. character.

https://twitch.tv/videos/832915145?t=1014s
Emphasizing deeply with Chip's insane hyena laughter. Their reaction to Sephiroth attacking Mario is choice, too.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fun hater posted:

"i wish the clown's reporting was more accurate" is a statement i now feel on a daily basis but it has never been more relevant than today

Is there more to the story? I love a good dish.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Nuns with Guns posted:

Is there more to the story? I love a good dish.

not really. i was erroneously credited in this video and so this is making me go insane specifically

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what was that brony con that was set up by 2 grifters and they had attendies "exchange" their money for pony bucks or whatever and it was a poo poo show and the griffters pulled the fire alarm and left and thats why like the voice actresses only did big cons because they were stuck there because and didnt have cash for flights back.

that would be the Las Vegas con, aka Las Pegasus, aka Sandys Wild Ride

it got bad enough 4chan actually hunted down active warrants for the organisers from previous con-jobs. Complete poo poo show

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, I think we've let Youtube run its course. Time to burn it down. I got an hour long ad on an under 40 minute video about I don't even know. Some european guy investigating something, I missed the part where they actually explained who and what.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

break through your ad block? Always annoying when you have to update filters lists.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terrible Opinions posted:

break through your ad block? Always annoying when you have to update filters lists.

No, I was just using the youtube app on my phone but regardless, 1hr long ad is obscene.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I'm sorry, 1 hour?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

yeah sometimes entire video essays become ads fsr. maybe they're hoping people who leave yt on autoplay won't notice it's not the video