Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

zgrowler2 posted:

Gotcha, thanks a ton!

I run Klee at like 86/89 rate/DMG because of her energy generation on Crit charged attacks. On my build it's a very negligible amount of DPS loss for her, but more ults for my party. Though I'm leaving lots of vaporize damage on the floor. I'm still playing with things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Tsyni posted:

I run Klee at like 86/89 rate/DMG because of her energy generation on Crit charged attacks. On my build it's a very negligible amount of DPS loss for her, but more ults for my party. Though I'm leaving lots of vaporize damage on the floor. I'm still playing with things.

My Klee and Childe are 60/64 and 47/121 rate/dmg, respectively. Rate hat on Klee, dmg hat on Childe. Both are a mix of 4* and 5* gear, Klee's could improve rate and Childe's has a lot of substats yet to roll. I expect the numbers to get better incrementally over time as I luck into higher gear and better rolls. Thanks for the tips!

E: vvv :negative: vvv

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Artifacts, a poem:

Witches, all around me
Of drops I am not wanting
But lo, the gold!
loving defense

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Assuming Albedo's C2 works the way I think it does, his damage output even with the best possible build (which necessitates running a Phys% cup and Aquila Favonia, because of course it does) is just not good, like "inferior to a Viridescent Venerer support setup Jean played like a carry" not good. His damage when he's off-field is even worse, so unless his Transient Blossoms generate a shitload of Geo energy he's a questionable support outside of maybe being a cheapish source of Elemental Mastery (but worse than Sucrose in just about every way) until C6 where he kind of gains the ability to give the party a permanent 17% DMG buff as long as they pick up crystals, but I'm pretty sure you'd still rather just run an Anemo support. I can't see what he'd have to offer to Zhongli over Geo Traveler as an energy battery and he isn't a very good Geo DPS himself (seriously, just use the Traveler or Ningguang). He could behave completely differently in execution than the descriptions suggest, but that seems to be my hot take.

So honestly I'd pass on both Albedo and Ganyu unless they turn out to be way better than their datamines lead me to believe. I'm more inclined to believe that for Ganyu than Albedo at this point, but the wording on Albedo's skills and Constellations make very little sense and it might require people testing him to figure out whether he's better than he looks. Of course it's all academic if Bennett is on one of the 1.2 banners like everybody thinks, because that will be the real draw on whatever he pops up on.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I really want to roll for Ganyu because of her character design but I really can't justify it even if she turns out to be good because she's built around aimed shots and those are a pain with a controller.

I'm just going to save for when they release someone who's actually good, getting burned on Zhongli who doesn't even work all that well as a support for Ningguang has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth overall. :(

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
I ate a DEF food for the first time the other day because I was really struggling with a domain and it was actually pretty great. I think we might all be sleeping on DEF because DPS is meaningless if you're stunned and interrupted all the time. I guess shield teams know whats up.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Corla Plankun posted:

I ate a DEF food for the first time the other day because I was really struggling with a domain and it was actually pretty great. I think we might all be sleeping on DEF because DPS is meaningless if you're stunned and interrupted all the time. I guess shield teams know whats up.
Whenever I do domains, I pop some ATK and DEF food and a resist potion for whatever element is the primary threat (such as Fire for Zhou or Desiccant for the Monstadt weapon material one) and run twice through with Condensed Resin. The buffs tend to last through the two fights and the yield is 4 runs' worth of loot. It goes much more smoothly with food, but I don't think it's that important to stack DEF outside of that.

Noelle can largely avoid damage and stagger with a DEF build, but she gets more out of it than just damage reduction so I don't know if that's super important. Also, you gain a large portion of DEF from leveling up, so it isn't really that hard to get a decent amount of it. DEF food when you're underleveled probably does help a lot though.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
standing on pillars and flinging rocks at everything makes for pretty chill domain/childe/abyss clears

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I really want to roll for Ganyu because of her character design but I really can't justify it even if she turns out to be good because she's built around aimed shots and those are a pain with a controller.

I'm just going to save for when they release someone who's actually good, getting burned on Zhongli who doesn't even work all that well as a support for Ningguang has left a pretty bad taste in my mouth overall. :(

Yeah same here, I don't really mind aimed shots but I'm not interested in playing a character so centered around them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Albedo honestly looks weaker than Zhongli. But a Geo anime twinkboy is still an anime twinkboy, so roll I will.

Corla Plankun posted:

I guess shield teams know whats up.

:thumbsup:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Are we already deciding he's bad before he even comes out?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

his datamined numbers are pretty crap so it's fair enough i guess, but obviously not set in stone since every beta character has changed from their leaks

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

He still supposedly does the poo poo where he blows up geo constructs?

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Dom is Here posted:

I need some advice on a 2nd team. My main team is Xinyan, Fish, Xiangling and QiQi.

I have every other 4* and Zhong Li but I'm kind of unsure what to build for. I have no other DPS claymores and I'm frankly not interested in running Razor or popsicle boy. Geo MC, Zhongli, Bennet and some kind of reaction activator maybe? My Ning is C0 so I'm not super pumped to dump resources into her for now. Could use a team that can handle fire enemies a little easier. Tempted to go in on DPS BARBARA

Can I interest you in a badass pirate lady instead? I'm having fun on an alt account with Beidou/Diona/Xingqiu/Ningguang. The parry mechanic is great once you get used to it (admittedly less great when you hold down the E button for five seconds and the hillichurls just dance menacingly at you).

Pros:
- Beidou E -> Xingqiu E (doesn't consume elec for some reason) -> Diona E will proc both superconduct and frozen. Beidou smash!
- Xingqiu's E heals for a little bit when it expires so you can keep your party's health topped up
- Both Beidou's and Xingqiu's ults add elemental attacks to your autoattacks which is ridiculous damage if you pop them together
- It feels a bit like playing baseball when big hillichurls charge at you

Cons:
- Wooden shields become your greatest bane
- Electro slimes are also incredibly annoying, but at least you can superconduct them
- Beidou has a terrible autoattack. It's so terrible she takes four swings to mine a crystal while every other claymore takes three. But her parry had a short cooldown so I rarely do more than one or two swings in combat.

While my Ningguang is C1, I don't think it contributes terribly much to the party. I generally only swap her in to drop her E and ult. If I stay on her for an extended time, it's generally to do ranged DPS on someone I don't want to approach like the wolf boss, and that doesn't require AOE.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

sandorius posted:

Can I interest you in a badass pirate lady instead? I'm having fun on an alt account with Beidou/Diona/Xingqiu/Ningguang. The parry mechanic is great once you get used to it (admittedly less great when you hold down the E button for five seconds and the hillichurls just dance menacingly at you).

Fun tip: just light the grass on fire, put Beidou on the fire, hold E for half a second and release. Parry procs on environmental damage every tick. Obviously no use in domains, but it makes clearing overworld stuff a breeze, I can one-shot entire clusters of hillichurls, even with shields up. I'm not going to claim it's the highest DPS possible, but it's super fast and easy to set up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

S.J. posted:

He still supposedly does the poo poo where he blows up geo constructs?

he makes a Geo construct, nothing in the datamine has him affecting other constructs. basically he's a Geo take on Chongyun but there are numerous issues like his low base atk, low combo multipliers, DEF-scaling only on skill damage (but it makes up most of his skill damage), and having a Chongyun-esque Geo field will cause consistent Crystallize and deny your damaging reactions.

so basically it seems like he's not a good carry (that's fine) but as a support he doesn't have nearly as easy a time as Zhongli due to mixed damage scaling, and the nature of his skill is just as inconvenient for most teams as Zhongli's pillar pulses. so i guess that just leaves him as a Geo-specific support if his energy generation is good, which is possible.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

The Crusher posted:

I more or less finished my Noelle's hybrid offense/support build with Bolide set. I'm pretty impressed with how versatile it is. Hefty crit dmg, 950+ heals, big big shield. I find it hard to ever get rid of the Beyblade Maid.

How many constellations have you got? I'm interested in the prospect of spin-to-win but I haven't done the math to find out if it's really feasible on her at C0 compared to other options.

Mailer posted:

Artifacts, a poem:

Witches, all around me
Of drops I am not wanting
But lo, the gold!
loving defense

:golfclap:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ooh, Sucrose is featured in the 1.2 promo art. I forgot she was closely tied to Albedo, so it's likely she'll get some exposure in the story. Hopefully she'll be given out for free, I could use her C5!

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

sandorius posted:

Can I interest you in a badass pirate lady instead?

:hmmyes: She was my carry previously, sitting at lvl70 now. I'm thinking of running her along with Keya, XQ and QiQi. Just have to level a debate club since I foolishly refined my Animus and don't have one to spare.

Thinking for my main Xinyan team trying to run her like swirl comp, in a sense. Her, Benney, Fish and Succrose should work out well, though I'm worried about how viable they'll be in higher Abyss levels. That comp steamrolled through floors 5 and 6 easily at least

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

No Wave posted:

There was someone on reddit who was trying to reach 9999 of an item in their inventory to see what happened. Might be someone trying to do the same with fowl.

The expected behavior would be the game preventing the player from picking up anymore as that have been discovered for weapons, artifacts, etc. Has the behavior been unexpected like an custom integer type overflow or a new pile of said item in the inventory?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/1337272048968552448?s=20

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

gandlethorpe posted:

It actually grows in "effective" EM the more EM you have, due to how much more it takes to add 40%.

this makes me feel better about my supports having lovely artifacts. xiangling and barb each have about 300 EM, so guoba+oz are doing ~3800 on just the overloads

then I look at childe and he's got flat zero EM. is that bad? it seems like it should be more than 0

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Flair posted:

The expected behavior would be the game preventing the player from picking up anymore as that have been discovered for weapons, artifacts, etc. Has the behavior been unexpected like an custom integer type overflow or a new pile of said item in the inventory?

Why would that be the expected behavior? Expected behavior is that you pick up another one and now you have 10,000 of them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Here's what happened:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/k59qu8/til_that_you_cant_have_over_9999_of_an_item/

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Chinese reveal stream. I think it starts at 4AM pst. (35min from now)

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/21987615?from=search&seid=10057223594704076672

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

Bloody Emissary posted:

How many constellations have you got? I'm interested in the prospect of spin-to-win but I haven't done the math to find out if it's really feasible on her at C0 compared to other options.

:golfclap:

My Noelle is currently C3. I think C1 is vital as a "panic healer". Noelle really doesn't need any to succeed though. You can give her an atk% time piece and an actual offensive weapon vs what I'm using and make her a more dedicated DPS without any constellations. I do love a big shield, though. My defense before max weapon stacks is ~1800 and she gets a 12,000dmg shield for herself, or a ~9000dmg shield for swapped allies. I think shields are pretty vital in higher WL where some things can easily do 50% of your health bar in one hit.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yessssssss, give me all the gems, I'll throw as many as I can scrape together to try and get Chongyun.

Otherwise, I just have to wait until I can finally get him in the shop. Had no idea how highly people rated Bennet and even then I didn't have the starglitter for him.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Joink posted:

Chinese reveal stream. I think it starts at 4AM pst. (35min from now)

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/21987615?from=search&seid=10057223594704076672

There's also an English language video unlocking on the official youtube in 4 hours, I assume it's going to be the same content, although maybe not! "Version 1.2 Special Program"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPZPI_UB00g

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Looks like Albedo comes with the 1.2 release. Ganyu in the middle of January.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Summary is:

Albedo on the 23rd, Ganyu mid-January
New craftable weapons via prototypes
Free 4* energy recharge sword as part of the event
Event shop with event (another crown, talent mats, xp books)
Artifacts were as originally leaked (cryo, 15% cryo dmg for 2-piece, 20% crit rate vs cryo and extra 20% crit rate vs frozen for 3-piece; hydro is 15% hydra dmg for 2-piece, after using elemental skill for 15 seconds normal attack/charge attack dmg +35%)
A few other minor events throughout the patch, one gives a little seelie pet

Apparently no new 4*s in 1.2 though we'll be introduced to Rosaria as a character.

THREE NEW RELEVANT REDEMPTION CODES FOR NA (~100 primos each):
5KVEIBSXDUU
and
G3TQQ6TOQME
and
eATDgIXLD56

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 11, 2020

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently you take damage from being frozen now. lol

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
not looking forward to ganyu's banner being amber/lisa rateup

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dom is Here posted:

Apparently you take damage from being frozen now. lol

Rude

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

unlucky for the people still using barbarah as a healer because she's free

... wait that's me. oh no

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Zhongli actually works pretty great with Ning if you have the right items. Between the two of them they can just poo poo damage everywhere while spamming bursts and generating insane amounts of energy for the other two team members.

Give Ning a Favonius Codex with some crit (She doesn't need much. Every single projectile is it's own crit chance.) and stack attack or geo damage to compensate. Then laugh as she proceeds to rapidly charge both herself and Zhong up for some insane bursts.

This works for a basic Favonius and is just absurdly overpowered if you have a fully refined one. If it's refined you'll be getting three neutral orbs charging your entire team's energy almost every other attack. This makes Ning one of the best primary generators for burst spamming and other energy related traits out of all of the characters. The only one possibly better is Bennett, since with his CD on his skill you can just swap him in real quick to generate if he has a lot of crit and ER.

The only way you can get any more OP in terms of energy generation is if you ran Zhongli+Ning+Another Bow or Catalyst DPS+Barbara with Barbara having a full scholars set. At which point due to Barbara's constellation effect that gives her energy every 10s and scholar's giving energy to the every bow and catalyst user in the team every time that character gets energy she'd be helping Ning by giving two other team mates even more energy every 10s (or whenever Ning starts generating). At that point even sixty-80 energy burst CD's with a shortish cooldown are probably going to recharge before they go recharge assuming you play the team right. :stare:

If Zhongli+Ning also can be used to recharge Barbara's burst rapidly too (And it's entirely possible. I haven't checked yet to confirm it but Favonius Codex is an extremely powerful option on Ning if you want her to support the team.) then you could also just stick that one set that gives the entire team energy every 2s for 6s every time that character uses their burst. Alternatively, you could put it on Ning if you were feeling lucky. At that point you've got a near constant uptime on a passive energy regeneration ability. Which is just disgustingly powerful in it's potentiality. :stonk:

Also, Zhongli's burst is definitely one of his strongest bits. His burst is insane if you know how to build it and can be spammed even more than Mona's can assuming you have another party member that can generate energy. In addition to that, his stele can act as an energy producing combo canceller so you can just keep whaling on a mob nearly forever since it's got such a low cooldown. Meaning you just twirl your spear at him, get those sweet crescent pike damage buffs, and then cast the stele to reset the combo.

In addition to that, there is a semi-hidden feature of Zhongli's that makes him extremely useful if you're having trouble with shielded mobs. He can interrupt any of the abyss mages putting their shield back up. This is especially useful for level 80 domains where you can't keep the DPS on them or want them to stop spamming bullshit moves around them while they regen their shield like they've got the ability to call in magical flak barrages.

If you do a full combo on him (And you can afford to do this since you probably have a shield if you're running the stele cancel combo) and it doesn't drop then just do another one and cancel out of the twirl with a stele. It's guaranteed to interrupt the casting on all but the most hardy of mobs. This is also guaranteed to cancel out the Abyss mages shield recharge skill in the highest level domains we currently have, making Zhongli a stealth pick for co-op groups if you can't run solo yet.

Since Zhongli almost certainly has a shield in the midst of this the damage from being close to the mage shouldn't be an issue either. So have fun just charging through all but the aqua cyro's bubbles to just beat the everloving poo poo out of the mage.

I'm not sure if there's a hidden "interruption" or knockback stat (Or i'm just missing something about how interrupting and staggering mobs works.) but summoning the stele is way above what a single use geo attack should do when it comes to interrupting mobs. I've even used it to keep the Abyss Fatui mobs from putting a shield up! Maybe it's because it's a fairly hardy large geo construct with no self destruct or walk-through capability like the Geo Traveler or Ning?

Edit: Also, for people worrying about the Stele stealing reactions I should point out that for at least a few characters this isn't as much of an issue for certain team compositions. Fischl for instance is built for generating massive damage combos at the end game by reacting off of electro damage. By default every stele cast generates 2-3 attacks on electric affected enemies, not counting the active character. In addition to that, if you hit Oz with a charged arrow attack that damage is then potentially increased to every mob around the stele assuming you placed Oz right.

This is why I worry about Geo being a whale element. Since it's possible that Albedo is built for actually making Zhongli's e functional as DPS if you have both of them. Albedo's geo construct functions similarly to Fischl's builder talent (Only it resonates with a geo construct instead of requiring an element.) and allows anywhere from 3-4+ attacks on every mob every few seconds assuming it's in range of the steles. This can possibly increase to as many as 6 or more attacks depending on the details of the actual intimates beyond official skill descriptions on how Albedo's constructs work.

If the stele can trigger all Albedo's constructs at once before they go on a 2s cooldown (Which itself is almost in line with the stele's resonance effect, so the cooldown isn't a big deal...) then not only is the C1 of Zhongli super useful but it means that Albedo is a force multiplier even more than I suspect he is. Doubly so if Albedo can put multiple constructs out like the Geo traveler. At that point Albedo+Zhongli will be top tier passive DPS.

Zhongli doesn't need super damaging resonance affects from Steles alone if he's just dropping 3-6+ attacks every 2 seconds on nearby enemies. At that point he's going to be doing thousands to possibly even ten thousand or more damage per tick of the resonance effect by sheer dint of the number of hits going out.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 11, 2020

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

wait, i got 800 primos in the mail like a week ago with no explanation. are we getting 800 more?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Last 800 was for a different reason

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

No Wave posted:

Summary is:

Albedo on the 23rd, Ganyu mid-January
New craftable weapons via prototypes
Free 4* energy recharge sword as part of the event
Event shop with event (another crown, talent mats, xp books)
Artifacts were as originally leaked (cryo, 15% cryo dmg for 2-piece, 20% crit rate vs cryo and extra 20% crit rate vs frozen for 3-piece; hydro is 15% hydra dmg for 2-piece, after using elemental skill for 15 seconds normal attack/charge attack dmg +35%)
A few other minor events throughout the patch, one gives a little seelie pet

Apparently no new 4*s in 1.2 though we'll be introduced to Rosaria as a character.

THREE NEW RELEVANT REDEMPTION CODES FOR NA (~100 primos each):
5KVEIBSXDUU
and
G3TQQ6TOQME
and
eATDgIXLD56

Thanks for the codes and summary!

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Reiterpallasch posted:

not looking forward to ganyu's banner being amber/lisa rateup

Is this a joke or a for real thing? Do we know Albedo's banner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a joke about Ganyu's desirability - Amber/Kaeya/Lisa shouldn't ever show up on rate up (they're actually excluded from the rate up pool of units entirely) but I suspect one of them will always be in the starglitter shop.

The seven units I'd expect to see on rate up this time around are Bennett, Sucrose, Xingqiu, Barbara, Xiangling, Fischl, and Noelle. Noelle and Barbara shouldn't be this month because Albedo is Geo and Barbara is in the shop so Ganyu might actually be a Barbara/Noelle banner... ugh. If we're lucky we'll dodge Barbara this whole cycle (as Bennett and Noelle are both healers) and end up with two very good banners.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Dec 11, 2020