Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

yeah, the way they treat her makes perfect sense BECAUSE they're all assassins. they see the world in a purely transactional sense, only killua was able to see her as an actual human being and not a funnie genie and it was that humanity that gave him the insight into how things really work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
!THERE IS NOT A NEW CHAPTER OF HUNTER X HUNTER!
!THERE IS NOT A NEW CHAPTER OF HUNTER X HUNTER!

I found this sick English cover (kinda, it’s sung by the OG guy but with his band that did Hunting For Your Dream) of Departure. It only has 65k views so I don’t think it’s well seen.

https://youtu.be/RXXzjLrkrHQ

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

we funneled spine money to the wrong guy.... :negative:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Having this thread bookmarked, seeing new posts, and going "New chapter???" every single time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Roth posted:

Having this thread bookmarked, seeing new posts, and going "New chapter???" every single time.

I do the same thing.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I have it bookmarked to feast on your pain.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I check the thread knowing there will be no chapter. Perhaps, one of these days, I will be surprised.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
2 years lol

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

2021 will be the HxH year!
With a new anime season!

...You'll see!!

Someone hold me.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The only reason I check this thread is to make sure togashi's not dead.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Surely he has been working nonstop during the hiatus and will shadowdrop the next 50 chapters on us in time for Christmas.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I mean Togashi dying is probably the only way this gets finished, not saying hoping for it but it's not like I won't read it if that's what happens

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

2021 will be the HxH year!
With a new anime season!

...You'll see!!

Someone hold me.

Welcome to the 4th stage of Grief.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I will wait as long as it takes.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

I will wait as long as it takes.

oh, you.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Nonexistence posted:

I mean Togashi dying is probably the only way this gets finished, not saying hoping for it but it's not like I won't read it if that's what happens

hunter x hunter that gets stronger after death??

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Artelier posted:

hunter x hunter that gets stronger after death??

I have considered proposing this thread just take the narrative from here through play-by-post group storytelling

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hunter x Hunter has both the properties of Berserk and Vagabond

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I recently started watching the anime with the boyfriend (just finished the Kurapika vs. Uvogin fight) and I just wanted to drop by and say that I am glad that OP recognizes Best Boy Leorio is, in fact, the best.

Also the boyfriend in a characteristic display of perversity is trying to talk me into adopting Hisoka as a husbando, send help.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
hosed up that your significant other is trying to force you into the arms of a better man, but I don’t judge.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

I lost my drat mind. :roflolmao:

The boyfriend described Kurapika as "Sasuke done right" when he first appeared onscreen and I gotta say, he was right on the money. What an arc! 10/10, would watch heavy metal ED again.

In related news, I would be extremely hyped for heisting an entire goddamn video game world like Carmen Sandiego if the Phantom Troupe weren't scum led by an edgelord.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
One could say that Sasuke is Kurapika done wrong

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Can't wait for the hot takes on the arc everyone else reading knows I'm talking about. Vicariously viewing again for the first time.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If you just finished the York New arc, now is technically time to watch the Phantom Rouge movie.

Oh boy, that movie.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is never a reason to watch the hxh movies.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

They need to learn that for themselves. Like touching a hot stove.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I want to see togashi direct a film. Let's see what his version of chars counterattack looks like

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Viola the Mad posted:

I lost my drat mind. :roflolmao:

The boyfriend described Kurapika as "Sasuke done right" when he first appeared onscreen and I gotta say, he was right on the money. What an arc! 10/10, would watch heavy metal ED again.

In related news, I would be extremely hyped for heisting an entire goddamn video game world like Carmen Sandiego if the Phantom Troupe weren't scum led by an edgelord.

Yorknew still best arc. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

AlternateNu posted:

Having gone through the show recently for the first time, yes.

Though the Chairman Selection arc got pretty close.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I rewatch Leorio’s big moment in the Chairman arc frequently. I think I’ll go do that now.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

bees x1000 posted:

I rewatch Leorio’s big moment in the Chairman arc frequently. I think I’ll go do that now.

I just did the same and in doing so learned Leorio's seiyuu passed away from cancer last April. He was only 55 :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I will rep Greed Island until the Succession war gets finished and I can declare that the best arc.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Brought To You By posted:

I will rep Greed Island until the Succession war gets finished and I can declare that the best arc.

The Succession War still has plenty of room to poo poo itself. Though, its more likely to just never get finished. :negative:

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah, it was pretty fantastic. Jokes aside, the boyfriend and I were regularly pausing episodes for long conversations about the quality of the storytelling and characterization (and occasionally screech about Neon). Greed Island was a lot of fun but I think I was far more emotionally invested in Yorknew. Then again, the two arcs are so different that comparing them feels like apples and oranges.

We just started Chimera Ant.

This really hosed me up. :smithicide:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the best part of Yorknew is still Kurapika hanging up on Phinks

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Chimera Ants still the best arc but this may be due to the fact that it comprises almost half the episodes of the entire 2011 run.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Eej posted:

Chimera Ants still the best arc but this may be due to the fact that it comprises almost half the episodes of the entire 2011 run.

I actually think the exact opposite. It can't possibly be the best arc because of its painfully slow pacing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oh jay posted:

I actually think the exact opposite. It can't possibly be the best arc because of its painfully slow pacing.

If an episode ain't spending 10 minutes narrating people jumping out of a hole, then I ain't watching.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
To me Chimera is the most iconic arc but Yorknew is my fav. The Phantom Troupe is so ridic out of Gon & Co's league but Kurapika's cheat (which is specific to his character and backstory!) leads to tons of bluffing and reversal that layers suspense over every encounter.

Like with Chimera I was afraid of the bad guys because they were just horrific. It was more like watching a slasher film sometimes. With Yorknew it was like watching underdogs navigate a conflict except you keep getting these little peeks into the bad guys that tells you the heroes are in more danger than they realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Okay but everyone tears up at the end of Chimera Ants and no one* does for Yorknew

*exception made for weirdos