Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XCe2XorcY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Very excited for the next Nerd Crew

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Visions is the most interesting project in there. Animatrix was the best thing in that franchise (other than maybe the actual movie), and Batmanime (and its cousin, Batman Ninja) was spectacular. Giving these very western intellectual properties to people with very different storytelling and aesthetic sensibilities is good.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
:regd08:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Boxman posted:

Visions is the most interesting project in there. Animatrix was the best thing in that franchise (other than maybe the actual movie), and Batmanime (and its cousin, Batman Ninja) was spectacular. Giving these very western intellectual properties to people with very different storytelling and aesthetic sensibilities is good.

Halo Legends was decent as well.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Turning a big dial from "Films" to "Disney+ Originals" and constantly looking back at the audience for approval

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

So they decided that the problem with their strategy of vomiting up endless Star Wars projects was because it was in theaters?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SolarFire2 posted:

So what happened to that Rian Johnson trilogy?

JJ got mad at him for making a movie that didn’t suck

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Now that theaters are dead star wars is basically a subscription service lol

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Excited for the Star Wars anime by Yoshiyuki Tomino.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

well why not posted:

Every part of life is alienating in some manner and the world feels poised for disaster, but thank god, today is #DisneyInvestorDay and the sun shines a bit brighter on you as the slop for next year is doled out.

Sephiroth is in Smash Bros, Star Wars has a TV empire. What did we trade for this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im excited for how many of these will retcon the hell out of the new films

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

MonsieurChoc posted:

Excited for the Star Wars anime by Yoshiyuki Tomino.

*touches earpiece* we are getting word that Yoshiyuki Tomino has been removed from this upcoming project after attempting to fashion some sort of crude pipe bomb out of maintenance supplies at the Disney corporate offices

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
are any of those new series in the sequel trilogy-era?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think Rogue Squadron is

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Horizon Burning posted:

lol you know the answer.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Horizon Burning posted:

Rangers of the New Republic is the only one, and that might be post sequels

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The Ahsoka series is post-RotJ

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

they're all set during the mandalorian and not the sequels lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Horizon Burning posted:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder, so no.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
This is way too much.

My only hope (hehe) that they drop only one or two of these a year between here and 2025. Otherwise it's saturation.

Here's what I'm thinking:

- Bad Batch / Visions (2021)

- Ahsoka / Andor / Obi-Wan (2022)

- Lando / Droid Story / [End of Mandalorian] / Rogue Squadron (2023)

- The Acolyte / Rangers Of The New Republic (2024)

- Untitled Taika Waititi Chiss movie (2025)

- Episodes X-XII written & directed by ME (2032-2037)

Horizon Burning posted:

A movie, but Rogue Squadron takes place after TROS it looks like.

Can't be too far afterwards though if they're still using loving X-Wings.

Nightmare Cinema fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Dec 11, 2020

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
Ah... Remember when they stopped making Star Wars movies for awhile when they realised the market was sick of so much Star Wars?

Well they've had one hit again, so fire up the sludge factory!

Well... Hopefully this means that all these shows will be able to concentrate on their own unique things and not be a sycophantic shoe horn reference of everything relating to everything else.

This feels like recent Star Trek where everytime an executive likes a character they announce they've greenlit a series for them.

Still holding out hope for that Max Reebo show...

Isometric Bacon fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Dec 11, 2020

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

How does Hayden Christensen 'return' as Darth Vader, he was in the suit for all of 30 seconds and his dialogue was done by James Earl Jones.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Alchenar posted:

How does Hayden Christensen 'return' as Darth Vader, he was in the suit for all of 30 seconds and his dialogue was done by James Earl Jones.

If I had to guess? A series of flashbacks to the Clone Wars and maybe some scenes were Vader doesn’t have his helmet on and he’s in his meditation chamber.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Gonz posted:

If I had to guess? A series of flashbacks to the Clone Wars and maybe some scenes were Vader doesn’t have his helmet on and he’s in his meditation chamber.

My guess as well, but at that point we're dangerously close to 'why not just a live action Clone Wars series?'

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Bad Batch looks amazing
Rogue Squadron as the only movie in that pile makes me hyped as gently caress

Other shows are eh and I am sure half of them wont happen
If Ahsoka is all Filoni and Mandalorian team then it would rule

The_Doctor posted:

If there's any justice, they're bringing a huge truck full of money to Donald Glover's front door.

just make it the next season of Atlanta but with droids and twileks

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The Star Wars Spoiler thread: New Series Until You're Dust

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Alchenar posted:

Maybe he's been practicing his Darth Vader voice this whole time and can pull it off well enough. It'd be nice for them to let the guy do something more than just flashbacks and what not. I mean JEJ is getting up there and eventually they're going to have to find someone to replace him, fan outrage be damned.

In any case Kenobi will hopefully be at least decent, same for Andor. I haven't watched Mandalorian S2 yet so no idea if Rosario Dawson's portrayal of Ahsoka can carry an entire show on it's own but I guess we'll find out.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The funny thing is its not just Star Wars that's getting the slop. Spinoffs and series' for Beauty and the Beast, Moana, Toy Story? Who is asking for this poo poo

Finally the Sister Act 3 movie I've been craving to finish the trilogy

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

George H.W. oval office posted:

Spinoffs and series' for ... Moana ...? Who is asking for this poo poo

My Grendels and me. Though I strongly suspect the show will focus on Johnson's character and hardly feature Moana at all, which would be a crying shame. Part of what I liked about the movie so much is how little Moana would have of any of Maui's poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

George H.W. oval office posted:

The funny thing is its not just Star Wars that's getting the slop. Spinoffs and series' for Beauty and the Beast, Moana, Toy Story? Who is asking for this poo poo

Finally the Sister Act 3 movie I've been craving to finish the trilogy

Disney+ has proven to be a money maker for them, but it’s not going to last as other competitors heat up. They want to flood the market before their competition can. That new filming technology they’re using for Mando (called the Volume), let’s them do some amazing things on the cheap, so it’s allowing all this stuff to get greenlit.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Rangers is clearly the Cara Dune spinoff but for some reason they failed to mention Gina Carano at all :rolleyes:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hopefuly rangers will have a running gag about where they're just about to confront the practice of slavery in the new republic and/or the arms dealers who were behind all the star wars, but something else comes up every time

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Alchenar posted:

Force Ghost Anakin, even while he's Darth Vader. Really lean into how they're different sides of his identity, and it ends with Darth Vader snuffing out the soul (for a while)

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

romanowski posted:

they're all set during the mandalorian and not the sequels lol

I'm of the opinion that rather than openly retcon/de-canonize the sequels (which would be admitting failure) they'll just use the 30 year timespan between the OT and ST to never mention them again. Kinda like how IG-88 becoming the Death Star was still officially canon till the end of Legends but was never mentioned or even alluded to outside that one story.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The Mandalorian's mission so far seems to be as a rehabilitator and unifier. I'm willing to bet that Snoke or Clone Emperors or Exogol show up in it at some point to justify RoS's choices and even make a decent story out of it along the way.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Martman posted:

Force Ghost Anakin, even while he's Darth Vader. Really lean into how they're different sides of his identity, and it ends with Darth Vader snuffing out the soul (for a while)

Disney has reintroduced G-canon just to place themselves outside it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Imagine being part of the new trilogy and seeing Disney just memory hole the last 6+ years of your work. Just lol

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

No Mods No Masters posted:

Hopefuly rangers will have a running gag about where they're just about to confront the practice of slavery in the new republic and/or the arms dealers who were behind all the star wars, but something else comes up every time

Realtalk, Rangers has really good potential to be another Space Western. Marshals riding X-Wings instead of horses has my attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mat Cauthon posted:

Maybe he's been practicing his Darth Vader voice this whole time and can pull it off well enough.

I'm a firm believer that Hayden's bizarre acting choices/speech patterns in the films are due to him attempting to match the cadence of James Earl Jones to provide for a continuity of character (but failing to pull it off). Just imagine James Earl Jones' "I have you now!" or "You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!" in the voice of Hayden's Anakin. It's the same cadence and lilt.