Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I said come in! posted:

At least on the new consoles, load times are under 20 seconds for Cyberpunk. This applies to virtually all games that previously had very long load times, its really nice. But on PC, Cyberpunk loads on my PC in 3 - 5 seconds. :eyepop: For this being a massively huge seamless gameworld, this is completely nuts and groundbreaking.

Yeah ever since SSDs became mainstream load times have been nothing to worry about. But with NVME drives they're basically non existent, it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I think the RPG system in this game is both low key great and kind of dumb.

Good

Doesn't punish "wrong" attribute choices at character creation. Taking 3 instead of 5 at startup doesn't lock you out of everything meaningful, it's more about what perks you want to get early.

It lets you organically improve skills you use without seeming too grind-y and encourages trying different poo poo as you go.

It allows builds that are powerful in totally different ways.

There really aren't any stats that everyone "should" dump.

You can't just max everything, at some point you do have to make consequential trade-offs

Bad

There is just... too much stuff here, man. I like fussy RPG poo poo personally, and even I'm kind of like... what am I even looking at here :stare:

Too many of the perks are just filler that just add a small % to something, or more egregiously add a small % to something under narrowly defined circumstances. Any perk that doesn't immediately make something TANGIBLY more powerful or unlock a new thing you can do in gameplay should just be pruned entirely IMO and the number of perk points you can get tuned down accordingly.

This overlaps with the loot system where you just have an ungodly mass of trash items and the best perk in the game is auto-scrap trash items (which also gives you crafting XP when it triggers apparently, lol).

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 11, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Frog Act posted:

The policing system is kind of bonkers, they don’t seem to have cars to chase you, they spawn instantly behind you when you commit a crime no matter where you are, and give up almost immediately

Like this clip is lol:

https://streamable.com/70pq4y

I suspected this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The first thing I did in this game was run over a person as I was heading out of the Nomad starting garage and get chased by police all the way to the watchtower.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I hate that the GPS doesn't get overlayed on the road. Every game should have that poo poo, especially if it's set in the future. Why even design this world if I'm never going to see it cause I'm looking at a minimap the entire time?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Too many of the perks are just filler that just add a small % to something, or more egregiously add a small % to something under narrowly defined circumstances. Any perk that doesn't immediately make something TANGIBLY more powerful or unlock a new thing you can do in gameplay should just be pruned entirely IMO and the number of perk points you can get tuned down accordingly.

Is there any game that doesn't suffer from this to some degree? I do agree 40-60 skills per Attribute might be up to 10-30 too many, and I agree that if a Perk doesn't make me say "gently caress that sounds good" then it probably shouldn't exist in the first place but like, Fallout, Divinity OS1/2 are a few games that immediately come to my mind where they're mostly pretty good but still have tons of things I just could never see myself wanting.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Exploration is pretty fun in this game!

https://streamable.com/fq4w0m

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
*selects "smile" expression*

*Vs face slowly creaks into a psychotic grin over a 10 second facial animation*

:yikes:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does the game get really dark for everyone else? Made the Maelstrom part pretty unpleasant. I'm trying a new tv so it might be that.

Non-HDR. Gamma adjustments helped a bit but not enough without blowing out the image.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

FiftySeven posted:

While this isn't my screenshot, it nicely illustrates something that was bugging me. I am running this game on a 3080 and when I look in the mirror, I see this mess looking back at me. Horribly rendered hair and blurry models. Is this just how things are, or is there some setting in NVidia's controls or in game that makes the hair actually look nice again? To an extent, this is something I have noticed in other games before, so I am just left wondering if its something that Nvidia happens to suck at...

The weird thing is, that on the NPC's the hair looks pretty reasonable, it seems to be a thing with the character model in particular.

I've been having the same issue with a 3080 and would be interested to hear if there's a fix. Someone a page or two ago said that turning off DLSS fixed it for them. I haven't tested that yet but I don't love the idea of turning DLSS off since it seems like it improves both graphics and performance everywhere else and you don't look at your character all that often.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Bold Robot posted:

I've been having the same issue with a 3080 and would be interested to hear if there's a fix. Someone a page or two ago said that turning off DLSS fixed it for them. I haven't tested that yet but I don't love the idea of turning DLSS off since it seems like it improves both graphics and performance everywhere else and you don't look at your character all that often.

DLSS is what's causing that to happen because of the image upscaling. However for whatever reason, V in both the character screen and in mirrors is SUPER low res no matter what DLSS mode you select. I think it's a bug with the game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

FWIW, the mirror image looks much worse than normal on PS5 as well.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

I said come in! posted:

No reason to believe they were lying.

I'm making no such allegation. They saw what they saw- but they may not have seen what they thought they were seeing.

EDIT: I like the Giant Bomb guys and am not disparaging them.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Delizin posted:

How do you guys play an FPS with a controller? That's not a rhetorical question.

In a game like this, I'm 100% keyboard and mouse, but when I'm playing it with my wife we do a nvidia shield to living room tv and use controllers. The last time I remember being somewhat competent with a controller in an FPS had to have been like nearly 20 years ago on a PS2. In this game I can sort of shoot at guys, but the speed and precision just isn't there.

I figured for my wife, I'd help her get her character a smart link and maybe then she'd have a chance of hitting. There are some options in the settings for aim assist and I have those turned on, but honestly I don't notice it whether it's on or off.

Any tips on how I can git gud?

Your ability to precision control your crosshair is more limited, so you need to get better at using your movement to adjust it. You set the crosshair where you want and strafe more to make the left/right adjustments. Moving forward and back can adjust it as well. Full auto weapons are your friend because you can make those adjustments while firing bursts or full auto, using the innate spread and continued shots to make a headshot. Same goes for shotguns and melee combat. Think more of how you have to move in Doom, vs how you might move in COD or whatever. More strafing and getting in close, less precision shots at a distance.

So yeah, to really ease the pain, shift to an up close and personal combat style focusing on melee and you'll be fine.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
So how does the ps4 pro handle the game? about an hour into it on the base ps4 and it’s like playing with cataracts and mild brain trauma

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm making no such allegation. They saw what they saw- but they may not have seen what they thought they were seeing.

i wouldn't bother with that guy, that's just how he posts

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

For those who do not have modern hardware and dont want to gently caress around with settings, Nvidia now has Cyberpunk graphics profile. I ran it, all I changed is increased resolution to 2560 and enabled face shadows and IMO everything looks and runs great. I'm on 1080 gtx. IMO some options make visuals worse unless set to maximum, such as Screenspace reflections quality make everything pixelated and produce ghost trails.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not that concerned, I'm more worried about some of my younger co-workers who might not know how to handle this. I keep trying to remind them that social media is a distortion of reality, and to lay low for a while if it's making them feel bad. The vast majority of the people who have the game right now are pleased with it. And even if the game were perfect (it's not, obviously) some percentage of people would be extremely angry about it anyway.

All of this stuff right now is mostly illusion.

So far the only things I dislike about the game are:

1. lack of character creation options. Needs some more piercing varieties, hair colors, styles, eye patterns, tattoos, etc
2. lack of being able to change this after the fact like, in your apartment or at a hair dresser or something
3. overall PC performance (but this is something that will eventually work itself out with patches)

I could care less about bugs unless they're game breaking bugs

Other than that, I really enjoy the game. I have no idea what work your team did, but I bought the game and just wish I had more time to play.

Oh I guess I'm a little grumpy about the hacking minigame and being too stupid to understand it but other than that that's it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Head Bee Guy posted:

So how does the ps4 pro handle the game? about an hour into it on the base ps4 and it’s like playing with cataracts and mild brain trauma

What i hear from my friends with it is "its fine"

Nothing to write home about, no major issues

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

To be completely honest, I can't remember the last time I ever wrote a letter to my mom about video games either way.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

I hate that the GPS doesn't get overlayed on the road. Every game should have that poo poo, especially if it's set in the future. Why even design this world if I'm never going to see it cause I'm looking at a minimap the entire time?

Ya driving is a real pain, I can't look away from the minimap or I'll miss my turn. I swear I saw the minimap zoomed out when I first got into my car during the nomad start, but never since.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Sab669 posted:

Is there any game that doesn't suffer from this to some degree? I do agree 40-60 skills per Attribute might be up to 10-30 too many, and I agree that if a Perk doesn't make me say "gently caress that sounds good" then it probably shouldn't exist in the first place but like, Fallout, Divinity OS1/2 are a few games that immediately come to my mind where they're mostly pretty good but still have tons of things I just could never see myself wanting.

I think they all do to some degree.

Horizon Zero Dawn did both extremes at once - it had a lot of skills where unlocking them gave you an entirely new thing to do in gameplay, but I think the DLC added an entire skill tree nobody should touch, and there were like 6 skills that were just "make inventory and crafting less of a hassle."

Plus you could get every good skill 2/3 of the way in the base game without even trying to grind.

So skill trees are a land of contrasts :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

DLSS seems to handle reflections pretty poorly.

There was a scene in the prologue where a character was standing in front of a glass window in a penthouse suite and the lighting surrounding their shadow on the window would have some very obvious, low res looking stippling effect. The NPC would walk and the area around their body would just "shimmer" with that pixely effect.

I've also noticed similar quirks with certain articles of clothing when you're up close and personal having a conversation with NPCs but isn't obvious while just walking around the world.

There's no way it's not because of DLSS. The general 20-30 FPS loss of turning DLSS off (with my 2060) just is not worth having better reflections and hair.

Like with RT off / Ultra settings at 1440p, I get 15-30 FPS. Then I turn DLSS on and it jumps to 40-60 lol.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Pre-emptive warning to anyone interested in the throwing knives. Don't bother. You have to have a knife item to throw, and there is no way to get back any knife you throw, meaning that unless you're holding on to chaff knives that won't kill people anyway, you're going to be wasting legendary knives on one time throws.

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Does anyone have a full list of the songs on the radio stations in the game? Particularly Ritual-FM. I know there's a Tomb Mold song in there, but there's a TON of cool black metal I don't recognize.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Mrenda posted:

Has anyone gone down the crafting route? I love me some crafting, but it feels like the bonuses from spending perks elsewhere aren't made up by what you can do with crafting.

23 hours in and I've done a bit of crafting. I've had the 'auto disassemble junk' perk since very early in the game and I'm not sure how much it has helped. It seems like there's a limit to the amount of XP you get from disassembling items, and it's not very much when you get some either. I'm swimming in thousands of white and green crafting pieces but haven't really found anything to build with them. I'm not sure it's worth it.

Unrelated to crafting, I'm impressed how the first fight club guy you meet is one mind, two bodies when you spend so much of the game in a two minds, one body situation.

I'm working, but I stick my head in here from time to time when I need to build the game or in long meetings. Twitter is way too toxic right now and reddit is a total dump even in the best of times.

This place can be nasty too, lots of angry folk, which is fine and understandable, but I think the toxicity is much lower overall. Tolerable.

And glad to see all the people who are enjoying it. Thank you for the kind words. I don't have much control over a lot of the stuff people are pissed about, so I'm glad people seem to mostly be responding well to the stuff my team did.

cyberpunk is great. the base xbox and ps4 stuff is really unfortunate, as much as i was joking about consoles earlier in the thread. but the rest of it is just gamers whipping themselves into a frenzy with some strange mixture of hype-meets-reality despair and rose-tinted nostalgia. that and the usual 'what even is an rpg' existential idiocy.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

ZeeBoi posted:

SSD doesn’t help at all on consoles because according to digital foundry the console versions have a slow hard drive mode setting turned on.

You can mitigate the drift/dead zone stuff in the advanced settings in controls. There’s an outer and inner dead zone slider.

Thanks!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Pre-emptive warning to anyone interested in the throwing knives. Don't bother. You have to have a knife item to throw, and there is no way to get back any knife you throw, meaning that unless you're holding on to chaff knives that won't kill people anyway, you're going to be wasting legendary knives on one time throws.

Thank you for this PSA i was considering it

Rly hope the bug fix/qol patches come thick and fast for this, I need autodrive so bad 😭 a world full of autodriving cars but none for meeee

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

1. lack of character creation options. Needs some more piercing varieties, hair colors, styles, eye patterns, tattoos, etc

it'd be neat if all hairstyles were unisex

that and if we could have golden glowy eyes like in one of the first trailers. so, being able to set the color of the glowy eyes we can get now, really.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I'm working, but I stick my head in here from time to time when I need to build the game or in long meetings. Twitter is way too toxic right now and reddit is a total dump even in the best of times.

This place can be nasty too, lots of angry folk, which is fine and understandable, but I think the toxicity is much lower overall. Tolerable.

And glad to see all the people who are enjoying it. Thank you for the kind words. I don't have much control over a lot of the stuff people are pissed about, so I'm glad people seem to mostly be responding well to the stuff my team did.

This game is amazing Comte! I hope one day you can tell us which parts your team worked on!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Btw, congrats on the game. I've played about 6 hours and it runs great even on my crappy GTX 970, not had any major bugs and everything is basically exactly as I'd hoped. Even if everything after the prologue is a buggy mess, I have total confidence that it'll get sorted out.

You guys maybe went a bit overboard with the dildos, but who hasn't, eh?

Game is good.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

black.lion posted:

Thank you for this PSA i was considering it

Rly hope the bug fix/qol patches come thick and fast for this, I need autodrive so bad 😭 a world full of autodriving cars but none for meeee

I need to get my controller some fresh batteries, but I'm curious to see how much of an annoyance it'll be to swap between KBM/controller for driving.

As I said before, I love Auto Pilot Horse in "fantasy" games, but like man I don't want my car to just sit in traffic waiting for the light to change. OTOH I think I could probably just stare out the window in awe the entire time, the city really is so beautifully crafted.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

jarlywarly posted:

Any rumours of a 'day 2' patch or anything , I'm enjoying it loads but if there's a quick QoL coming i'll wait before going on.

Allegedly there's a patch 1.04 coming early next week

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Someone mentioned the cop spawn thing. I've had the floating cop robots just pop up behind me in a corner. I checked around, not sure how they even go there lol

People with fat thighs sitting on benches try to put their hands on their legs but their hands are stuck under them big ole thunder thighs so they look like someone melted their hands into their skin.

Every other time I throw someone out of a car something weird happens.

Wondering when the next patch is coming and when or if the graphical stuff will be addressed sooner than later. I haven't run into any show-stoppers, I'm assuming those will be addressed before anything else.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

The main story is good so far but it's really the only thing I have a purely positive experience with.

It seems like there just wasn't a ton of refinement done on what's here, from perks that aren't interesting (1% reduced quickhack upload time per stack of cold blood, 10% reduced AR recoil) or don't work (Hidden Dragon) or have awful QOL issues (Autodisassemble stopping you from gaining XP for disassembling, throwing knife disappearance, blades in general, stealth in general). This is in addition to whatever bugs/performance issues exist - that sort of stuff happens in large games, but it feels like a lot of the perks were never actually used by devs. Like at no point in the process did a dev play a character that would use whatever perks and go "yeah this is fun." They just chose random things and shipped them.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Throwing a ton into reflex for pistols, is it worth Eve tually picked ng up mantis blades at that point? I was looking at nanowire because I'm going hack heavy but it sounds like that's not much of a thing anymore?

How's projectile launcher?

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Head Bee Guy posted:

30 FPS most of the time, dips when you get into the car or enter certain areas outside. Digital Foundry says the game runs at 1118p or something.

Like I said earlier, if not for the crashes this game would be an okay experience.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
Some thoughts on playing as hacker/cyberwizard:

- You can make breaching, quickhacking, stealth takedowns your entire offense just fine. This is probably also the easiest way to do a "no-kill" playthrough
- I kinda want to restart and just rush all my attribute points into INT because this is will kinda wreck the difficulty curve, and I will explain why.
- If you're playing a hacker you can fight people 100% indirectly/stealth so now you've freed up your eddies from caring what kinda armor, weapon, and most cyberware you have
- What does that leave your $ for? a new cyberdeck of course! and you will need one! I saved up 15k during the prologue and bought a rare Biotech cyberdeck from the buff asian ripperdoc in the bazaar. Every deck comes with a unique set of passive bonuses, but the main numbers you want upgraded is "number of quickhack slots" (number of spells you can equip) and "buffer size" . longer buffer size means you can chain more and more complex "daemons" during the breaching minigame.
- Most cases this will mean when you're hacking an access point for $$ , you can ideally chain together the inputs for "Datamine program v1, v2 AND v3" leading to much higher payouts of $$ , AND some don't know this: this also nets you "quickhack crafting parts" and the better daemons/combo daemons net you both higher quality parts and a larger quantity of them. So thats right, once you get your daemon combo game down you can rip legendary quickhack crafting parts out of ANY access point.
-Most perk descriptions in the game aren't very clear, but the perks for "uncommon, rare, etc." quickhack schematics not only let you USE schematics of that tier it also just GIVES them all to you (or at least a good sampling of them?) so thats kinda :catstare: since I have found fuckall for other equipment schematics, and here they are just kinda laid out for you. This is why I want to try getting 20 INT early , because them I can basically start crafting and using legendary quickhacks (spells) early since they are not gated the same way other equipment is (SC, $)

Combat tips:
- don't get into combat. put 1 perk into stealth for the slightly faster stealth movement. Now craft and use "whistle" quickhack to pull guards to your location and stealth takedown them. Rinse and repeat
- don't shut cameras off, put them in friendly mode and use to target enemies so you never have to come out from behind cover
- don't rely on low cover, they will still clip your head, hide behind a wall
- don't try to fight people with quickhacks until you have the perk that lets you regen RAM (mana) during battle
- I got a good (rare/uncommon) attack quickhack early *I think* it was from decrypting Meredith Stout's credit chip. Note this lock you out from further interaction from her.
-> this attack does "more damage the more damage has already lost" , so this is a good finisher move and I find it takes most mobs out at half health. You can get this early and once you do, grab the perk that instantly regens 1 RAM each enemy death. You're now well on your way to snowballing hack attacks into each other
- flashbangs are nice to just stall enemies from rushing you while you regen RAM / reposition
- I like to weapon malfunction the last baddie and turn him into a punching bag for whatever combat skill im grinding for extra perks
- enjoy instagibbing mech suits and drones with "short circuit"

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Sab669 posted:

I need to get my controller some fresh batteries, but I'm curious to see how much of an annoyance it'll be to swap between KBM/controller for driving.

As I said before, I love Auto Pilot Horse in "fantasy" games, but like man I don't want my car to just sit in traffic waiting for the light to change. OTOH I think I could probably just stare out the window in awe the entire time, the city really is so beautifully crafted.

I did not have much luck with that. I tried using the ds4 to drive but the game would not let me go back to using kb+m without disconnecting it and at some point, it just bugged out and I restarted the game and gave up. It would be really great co's driving with kb+m is rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

At least on the new consoles, load times are under 20 seconds for Cyberpunk. This applies to virtually all games that previously had very long load times, its really nice. But on PC, Cyberpunk loads on my PC in 3 - 5 seconds. :eyepop: For this being a massively huge seamless gameworld, this is completely nuts and groundbreaking.

Load times aren’t too horrible on PS4 Pro. Definitely not like RDR2 and other open world games with those horrendous load times. I think the longest load is when you first go into a save.