Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Auto drive so I can look out the window as I pass through the various neighborhoods would rule.

So far this game is a 9/10 for me on PC, easy.

Lose maybe 0.5 for bugs (not nearly as bad as pre release reviews led me to expect, but still some for sure)

Lose 0.5 for not having a loving barber :v: and the stat/inventory system just kind of being a fussy bitch IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

I did not have much luck with that. I tried using the ds4 to drive but the game would not let me go back to using kb+m without disconnecting it and at some point, it just bugged out and I restarted the game and gave up. It would be really great co's driving with kb+m is rear end.

That's concerning.

I just have an old Xbox controller and you cannot turn it off yourself. You just have to put it down and let it shut itself off after like 10 minutes. I know it's barely using any battery in this case but it's one of those things that makes me irrationally angry. I mean OK I guess I can just unplug the batteries, but that's stupid. Let me just hold down the drat Xbox button and kill it.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Also still amused that the logo screens and intro movie stutter like mad on PS4 Pro.

For the logos the audio isn’t synchronized with the change of logos. The intro movie plays like it’s being rendered in real time and the frame rate is tanking.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

there's a good character planner here: https://nukesdragons.com/cyberpunk-2077/character

I've decided my first run is gonna be heavy on blunt melee (athletics/brawler) and tech crafting/engineering, with some stealth/cold blood to help out the melee efforts. Minimal INT to get by doing a little hacking. Still level 1 so I've only wasted 1 extra attribute point in reflex.

Once I get a 3xxx series video card I'll revisit guns.

What builds are you guys trying?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

How are people finding the Lifepath stuff - are there a lot of additional dialog options, or is it once-in-a-blue-moon flavour?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Allegedly this is coming around the 15th but I haven't seen anything solid from CDPR themselves

quote:

• Made several improvements to PC performance.
  • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs.
  • Improved frame rate performance when driving.
  • Addressed various crashes on PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5.
  • Fixed crashes on Xbox One/S.
  • Added Ray Tracing performance improvements.
  • Other minor fixes.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

iGestalt posted:

How are people finding the Lifepath stuff - are there a lot of additional dialog options, or is it once-in-a-blue-moon flavour?

I've run into a handful of extra conversation options as a Nomad but only a couple that actually made a difference in a quest (level 11 so far).

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

pmchem posted:

there's a good character planner here: https://nukesdragons.com/cyberpunk-2077/character

I've decided my first run is gonna be heavy on blunt melee (athletics/brawler) and tech crafting/engineering, with some stealth/cold blood to help out the melee efforts. Minimal INT to get by doing a little hacking. Still level 1 so I've only wasted 1 extra attribute point in reflex.

I'm gonna do every point into INT until 20 , then whatever

because INT can do basically everything: craft all your quickhacks, make $$$, all your combat, hack environmental objects. Only thing you really miss is opening locked doors (body, tech)

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

So, earlier, I had questioned the seizure trigger...

I was wrong. It's bad. Bad in a way that a youtube channel can't properly convey.

On the plus side...

... no headaches or anything!

(I actually got spooked when the headset was on. It kinda felt like getting waterboarded)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

pmchem posted:

High Body, and I think Reflex was my secondary stat.

Shotgun tree is baller. It's a whole lot of +Move Speed, and eventually a talent that gives Bonus Damage based on your Move Speed. And the Athletics Tree has a perk to let you shoot while sprinting.

There's also a perk which increases the Knockback force of the shotguns, which is simply just fun :) Zip up to a dude, blast him in the chest and send him flying, then while he gets up you run over to his buddy and knock him on his rear end, turn around and finish the first guy. hell yea.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

pmchem posted:

Some balance of sneaky head shooting and hacking with a bit of crafting on the side. Not really min maxing just sort of making it up as I go. Basically ignoring body. Extra points in tech mainly to open doors.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

iGestalt posted:

There seem to be quite a lot of extra dialogue options as corpo in my playthrough, but few seem to be impactful. It's nice, but generally it boils down to a more interesting way to say yes or no, or an extra bit of lore you can get out of someone.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

iGestalt posted:

You get a few conversation options and flavor text but nothing that really appears to change the outcome.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Another thing on PS4 (Pro): the car radio station menu takes a while to show up after you’ve held down R1. Switching views seems to be bugged or delayed if you’re in first person mode.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Also on PS4 Pro, have crashed once in about 8 hours of play. When V looks in the mirror she is bald with a different face (same titty size and nipples though so I don't really care), and when I change radio stations, the game kinda freezes for a few seconds.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Chalks posted:

There seem to be quite a lot of extra dialogue options as corpo in my playthrough, but few seem to be impactful. It's nice, but generally it boils down to a more interesting way to say yes or no, or an extra bit of lore you can get out of someone.

I will have to confirm on a non corpo run, but I feel like the corpo and cool picks I've made have done some poo poo

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Pool posted:

I'm gonna do every point into INT until 20 , then whatever

because INT can do basically everything: craft all your quickhacks, make $$$, all your combat, hack environmental objects. Only thing you really miss is opening locked doors (body, tech)

aw man if body/tech are redundant for exploration then I'm re-evaluating my plan.

maybe I should make my secondary tree INT instead of TECH?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

jisforjosh posted:

Allegedly this is coming around the 15th but I haven't seen anything solid from CDPR themselves

Hopeful for the raytracing optimization. Would love to be able to play this game with that turned on.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
How do i get money by hacking

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly a barber, tattoo shop and a piercing shop, or an all in one in the form of that in universe body mod shop would turn this into the best loving game I’ve ever played.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

OctaMurk posted:

Find access points and physically plug in to them. There are low level perks that boost the money you get from them a ton.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

i found some pachinko machines and hacked them for some eddies

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chalks posted:

That's good to know. I'm pretty torn on Nomad, Corpo or Street Kid but I think I'm going to go Street for my first playthrough, as it seems the most connected to the city, etc. But I dunno yet. I tried all their intros and can't really decide on one.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
so how do you increase your athletics skills? punching wildly into the air works, but it's insanely slow.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

pmchem posted:

aw man if body/tech are redundant for exploration then I'm re-evaluating my plan.

maybe I should make my secondary tree INT instead of TECH?
unlockable doors are body OR tech attr checks. If you want to open every door you'll need both. From what I've gathered Tech doors are rarer but have higher quality loot, but body doors are more common

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dr. Carwash posted:

so how do you increase your athletics skills? punching wildly into the air works, but it's insanely slow.

Thats just realism my dude

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
the boxing in this game is real bad

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Stealth issues:

- They REALLY need to fix that bug where you're sometimes knocked out of crouch mode by tiny debris on the ground. Stealth is halfway useless if I can get kicked out of it just randomly

- Are there some quickhacks that will take out an unaware enemy 100% of the time? All these quickhacks that do damage seems pretty useless for stealth when I don't know if it will kill/knock them out silently, or just take half their health bar then put the whole place in alert mode

- Can you target enemies/items with quickhacks through walls somehow? I guess the devs might have kept it line-of-sight to not make it god mode, but certain weapons can work through walls, so...

Phoix posted:

Exploration is pretty fun in this game!

https://streamable.com/fq4w0m

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I think bugs when climbing on things that are clearly not supposed to be climbed on is pretty low on their list of things to fix

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 11, 2020

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sorry if i've missed this, but do fists count as blunt weapons in regards to perks?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I really enjoy stealth hacking. Its slower but hasn't lost its charm yet.

Enemies are pretty spongy on hard.

I'm considering just going deep int/hacking and stealth and not worrying too much about guns. Pick up melee later maybe

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ymgve posted:

Stealth issues:

- They REALLY need to fix that bug where you're sometimes knocked out of crouch mode by tiny debris on the ground. Stealth is halfway useless if I can get kicked out of it just randomly

Maybe this is what's happening but for me it was accidently triggering a dash that was kicking me out of stealth often. I haven't had a problem with this since I started being more careful with my button presses

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skyl3lazer posted:

Pre-emptive warning to anyone interested in the throwing knives. Don't bother. You have to have a knife item to throw, and there is no way to get back any knife you throw, meaning that unless you're holding on to chaff knives that won't kill people anyway, you're going to be wasting legendary knives on one time throws.

I'm hoping that for the sake of certain gimmicks staying alive for people, that the "All knives apply poison" works on regular knife melee, so they have SOME kind of workable gimmick for anybody who is so invested in stealth they have 14 Cool anyways.

ymgve posted:

Stealth issues:

- Are there some quickhacks that will take out an unaware enemy 100% of the time? All these quickhacks that do damage seems pretty useless for stealth when I don't know if it will kill/knock them out silently, or just take half their health bar then put the whole place in alert mode

- Can you target enemies/items with quickhacks through walls somehow? I guess the devs might have kept it line-of-sight to not make it god mode, but certain weapons can work through walls, so...

I have discovered my own PSA for habitual quick loaders.

When you load a game, corpses start in the upright position then ragdoll. So while the area was clear enough already when I discovered this, "Corpse can ragdolls so their head and shoulders are sticking out past the desk" could have been a real ballbuster if I didn't know it is a thing.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

I know everyone is like "hyperconcentrate on two trees" but there's a few early perks in a lot of them that are super loving useful even if you aren't going that branch.

Health regen in Body, first Cold Blood (to proc it and get even more perks), a couple hacking ones (mass camera shutdown, mass weakness daemons) etc...

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Game's pretty... good

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

terrorist ambulance posted:

I really enjoy stealth hacking. Its slower but hasn't lost its charm yet.

Enemies are pretty spongy on hard.

I'm considering just going deep int/hacking and stealth and not worrying too much about guns. Pick up melee later maybe

You can get like +30% headshot damage on pistols without too much investment in Reflex that's probably worth it.

Don't forget Cold Blood has a flat +50% headshot damage perk buried in there.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Section Z posted:

I have discovered my own PSA for habitual quick loaders.

When you load a game, corpses start in the upright position then ragdoll. So while the area was clear enough already when I discovered this, "Corpse can ragdolls so their head and shoulders are sticking out past the desk" could have been a real ballbuster if I didn't know it is a thing.

Oh poo poo, that's pretty bad. Does that include bodies hidden in freezers too? Sounds like a recipe for glitching in that case.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Boy are the systems behind this game confusing

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

ymgve posted:

Stealth issues:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I think bugs when climbing on things that are clearly not supposed to be climbed on is pretty low on their list of things to fix

for the early game you need to focus on lure/distraction/blind spells and then do a grapple->takedown . Later once you get the "1.5x -> 2.0x quickhack damage to unaware enemies perk" you can start frying them in 1 or 2 hits (subsequent attacks don't necessarily blow your cover, unlike gunfire!) also there are quickhacks for setting off their grenades, and the suicide daemons. So either need to perk more into it and/or find the right quickhacks

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
No quickload button? Seriously? blah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

blue squares posted:

Boy are the systems behind this game confusing

Just equip a knife and put everything into Body : Reflexes/Cool at a 2:1 ratio. Stealth hacking guns who da gently caress cares, chop chop you're dead!