Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I hope they add some more base NPCs to the game, or at least name the random ones like Settler Wanderer and Raider Punk or whatever. I like having options. Sophia is pretty fun though, I like having an awkward nerd girl watching my camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

They should have given proper questlines like Beckett / Sophia to wanderer / punk / forager. I've only just finished both Beckett and Sophia's quests and see no reason to try the dailies for the other 3 because I just don't care about them, even if IIRC Punk gives you legendary dailies.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Thanks for the replies. If I understand right, then, then the DR on Ironclad is probably a terrible cost/effect ratio? Are the DR perks even worth it for leveling? I'm new, so all I got so far is basic leather.

Mutations seemed really useful so I would definitely want a bunch. I assume the serums are the way to go over random radiation luck? I only have 400 caps to my name so those a far away goal.

You'll want "starched genes" at level 2 before you get mutations, and I think that is available around level 30 or so.

I'd just visit player's vending machines to find the ones you want as you're playing and just stash them till you get starched genes. Serums show up under the "misc" category on the vending machine map icon I think. Bird bones, speed demon, and marsupial are must haves for me, I also like healing factor, it heals you automatically but I never play bloodied builds.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

New Leaf posted:

I hope they add some more base NPCs to the game, or at least name the random ones like Settler Wanderer and Raider Punk or whatever. I like having options. Sophia is pretty fun though, I like having an awkward nerd girl watching my camp.

I call my raider punk "Gunch" and he lives in a seedy shed and sometimes he sends me to kill the Mothman. I hope they go through with the multiple allies on base thing that's been kicking around. I'd fill my fault atrium with my collected weirdos.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

New Leaf posted:

there's 2 in the next scoreboard (cook and doctor) but ones from new quests would also be nice

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

They should have given proper questlines like Beckett / Sophia to wanderer / punk / forager. I've only just finished both Beckett and Sophia's quests and see no reason to try the dailies for the other 3 because I just don't care about them, even if IIRC Punk gives you legendary dailies.

I had the Wanderer for a while, she sends you out to kill legendary baddies or to find weapon cases like the others. She definitely deserves a name - she's a musician playing gigs around the area apparently.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Celebrity Ghost posted:

Thanks for the replies. If I understand right, then, then the DR on Ironclad is probably a terrible cost/effect ratio? Are the DR perks even worth it for leveling? I'm new, so all I got so far is basic leather.

Mutations seemed really useful so I would definitely want a bunch. I assume the serums are the way to go over random radiation luck? I only have 400 caps to my name so those a far away goal.

Iron Clad is ok at the start but it can be ditched as you level up and get access to better gear. Secret Service armor is good enough for pretty much everything the game throws at you but getting a full 3* star set will take a while.
As for serums, pretty much any high level can make most of the good ones but the caps people want for them vary wildly. The going rate is somewhere between 300 and 500 so never pay more.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I had the Wanderer for a while, she sends you out to kill legendary baddies or to find weapon cases like the others. She definitely deserves a name - she's a musician playing gigs around the area apparently.

I had them all but they are, somehow, all annoying. Beckett, for me, is the least offensive as he likes to idle around at his bar and not get in your face with annoying crap all the time.

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020
Hi. I'm playing Fallout 2. I need a recommended build.

- I want to punch things really hard.
- I want all the critical hits.
- I want 10 Luck by the end of the game.

I've beaten it twice. All I really need to know is the starting SPECIAL without sifting through build guides. Thanks, all! :patriot:

icecream citadel fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Dec 7, 2020

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I wish relocating wasn't such a pain in the rear end.. I moved my entire house to a new spot I liked but it was wooded and the tree branches cut into my house. I had to remodel half the house and now I'm going to spend hours loving with the lights.. So I know when you relocate your camp initially it packs your whole house up into a template so you can plonk it back down - there's no way to bundle it back up without moving your CAMP again is there?

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

New Leaf posted:

I wish relocating wasn't such a pain in the rear end.. I moved my entire house to a new spot I liked but it was wooded and the tree branches cut into my house. I had to remodel half the house and now I'm going to spend hours loving with the lights.. So I know when you relocate your camp initially it packs your whole house up into a template so you can plonk it back down - there's no way to bundle it back up without moving your CAMP again is there?

Not really, there's a blueprint function but it is notorious for giving you the "cannot place item" message.

The shelters on the other hand - since they're a separate instance you can move with no problem. Even scrap the entrance.

My current camp is now just a place for my vending machine, a seedy shed for my generator and junk robot, and my water purifier farm. My actual camp is in the shelter.

Also- you can place the door entrance on the flat side of a concrete floor ramp to make a compact entry.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Last time I played I removed the wastelanders companion from my camp because I was tired from hearing their lines repeat.

New Leaf posted:

When you move your camp it put its in prefabs that maybe you could get them to place down again if you find an area very similar where it all fits. If I ever play again and I move my camp, I'm just gonna put down the fallout shelter entrance and then put all the workbenches inside.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 8, 2020

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

icecream citadel posted:

Hi. I'm playing Fallout 2. I need a recommended build.

- I want to punch things really hard.
- I want all the critical hits.
- I want 10 Luck by the end of the game.

I've beaten it twice. All I really need to know is the starting SPECIAL without sifting through build guides. Thanks, all! :patriot:

If you want to power game:

Strength 5
Perception 6
Endurance 4
Charisma 6
Intelligence 9
Agility 10
Luck 8

Traits Gifted and Small Frame.

Strength, Perception, Charisma and Intelligence by 1 can be boosted by memory modules. Charisma can be boosted by one by holding mirrored shades. Luck can be boosted by 2 by getting a zeta scan(may need save scumming). Advanced Power boosts Strength by 4.

So you end up with:

Strength 10
Perception 6
Endurance 4
Charisma 7 +1
Intelligence 10
Agility 10
Luck 10

The perk Slayer will make all HtH attacks critical. Better Criticals makes all critical hits better(which with Slayer makes all attacks better). Bonus HtH Attacks makes your HtH attacks cost one less AP. And Action Boy, Bonus Move and Toughness(you'll need a dose of buffout to get this) round out the good perks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

gently caress this loving game sometimes. I can play for hours and no issues, I get into the one event that I want to do to try and get the loving Fixer schematics and have a good group and crash to desktop halfway through. gently caress!

icecream citadel
Nov 4, 2020

100% exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! I hope you have a great day today. :)

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

gently caress this loving game sometimes. I can play for hours and no issues, I get into the one event that I want to do to try and get the loving Fixer schematics and have a good group and crash to desktop halfway through. gently caress!

Eh, don't worry. I've killed the Sheep god knows how many times and got the Fixer plan once. I did, however, get so many White Fedoras I could build a bridge to the moon.

Fixer, Rad Barrel, Bear Arms, Cal Shocks and Targetting Hud for UC PA are most likely the rarest plans in the game. With the exception of the Fixer and the Rad Barrels, those are also the only plans I don't know.

Not counting the new BoS gear because Bethesda can gently caress right off with that bullshit. RNG for the plan, RNG for a chance at the gear. lol no

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sensenmann posted:

Eh, don't worry. I've killed the Sheep god knows how many times and got the Fixer plan once. I did, however, get so many White Fedoras I could build a bridge to the moon.

Fixer, Rad Barrel, Bear Arms, Cal Shocks and Targetting Hud for UC PA are most likely the rarest plans in the game. With the exception of the Fixer and the Rad Barrels, those are also the only plans I don't know.

Not counting the new BoS gear because Bethesda can gently caress right off with that bullshit. RNG for the plan, RNG for a chance at the gear. lol no

Well I haven't seen the event pop in ages. I actually need to finish the quest myself. Does turning in the board start the event on the map? I'm afraid of starting it up and nobody showing and being out 2300 caps for the recall board.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Well I haven't seen the event pop in ages. I actually need to finish the quest myself. Does turning in the board start the event on the map? I'm afraid of starting it up and nobody showing and being out 2300 caps for the recall board.

Yes, turning in the board starts the event.

I usually launch a nuke and do Scorched Earth. If enough high levels show up and it's not a shitshow where I have to revive a bunch of people who died because the queen farted or something I start Encryptid right after.
Most people do it that way as Scorched Earth is a good indicator as to how "skilled" the people on the server are.

Or, start Encryptid and have a friend launch a nuke at your position. Let them launch, shoot the Sheep to tag it, activate all pylons and run outside the actual blast zone. The nuke will kill the sheep and you will win the event. Timing is key, so you better have a lot of stimpacks to stay alive until the nuke hits. :)

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Sensenmann posted:

Yes, turning in the board starts the event.

I usually launch a nuke and do Scorched Earth. If enough high levels show up and it's not a shitshow where I have to revive a bunch of people who died because the queen farted or something I start Encryptid right after.
Most people do it that way as Scorched Earth is a good indicator as to how "skilled" the people on the server are.

Or, start Encryptid and have a friend launch a nuke at your position. Let them launch, shoot the Sheep to tag it, activate all pylons and run outside the actual blast zone. The nuke will kill the sheep and you will win the event. Timing is key, so you better have a lot of stimpacks to stay alive until the nuke hits. :)

I had the most hosed up Scorched Earth yesterday - I zoned in the instant the bomb hit when I should have had ample time to run out of the zone, but it took forever for me to drop. Then the queen fight half the shots weren't actually hitting her so she took FOREVER to kill. Everyone seemed confused. Then I had that lag bug where your weapons only fire one shot then have to reload.. But the queen was fine so I was running around like mad taking single shots and desperately trying to change guns. So then when everything caught up my guns were changing randomly thoughout the fight. We ended up finishing it somehow, and I got a really good melee weapon out of her, so not all was lost - Vampire's Chinese Officer Sword, 40% swing speed and 90% weight down.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

New Leaf posted:

Then I had that lag bug where your weapons only fire one shot then have to reload.

At least fo76 is still running smooth!

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Encryptid does start when you use the card. Then you have i think 8 minutes to actually start the action. Just wait a while and see who shows up. Its pretty easy with a couple well geared high levels. The fixer plan isnt that rare anymore. You can find them occasionally in player vendors for 10 to 12k.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I stumbled across a Fixer plan before I hit level 50 for 9k on the dot. But I have not received a Fixer from MMMMRUGHPHGHY I still just rely on my 1 star B handmade if I'm not running out of 5.56 (I always am)

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Has the grind for the score system gotten any better?

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 9, 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When I played through the brotherhood introduction quests there were more weeklies but all I could find was that it was a bug or something. I donno, I didn't look for more information because the score system sucks.

I'm just not logging on fo76 to do dailies for camp items that were basically fo4 dlc items.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

How can I get jet pack plans and how do I get the ammo converter?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Manwithastick posted:

How can I get jet pack plans and how do I get the ammo converter?
ammo converter is Neighborly with the Raiders + 1250 gold bullion from the raider robot vendor

jet pack depends where you want it on.
plans for it on secret service armor or BOS recon armor or T-65 is from Regs
X-01 is from Enclave vendor
IIRC it doesn't exist for Excavator
I've seen the other 3 from world vendors + whitespring vendors + players, don't know where else

note that to craft a jetpack you'll need 5 stable cobalt flux and 5 stable violet flux (made from 50 raw flux for each type) which is farmed from nuke zones, rewarded from the scorchbeast queen event, or bought from player vendors
to make stable flux, part of that is high radiation fluids which is from killing things in nuke zones (glowing ghouls have them)
you'll need to get a bunch of raw flux at once (at least 10 raw to make one stable) because raw decays over like 24 hours
(also adhesive, aluminum, asbestos, and nuclear material)

the jetpack isn't super great by itself so you may be disappointed after the grind. BUT if you get the Marsupial mutation (jump really high, + STR, -INT) the jetpack complements it really well

Roman fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 9, 2020

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah the SCORE system (basically a season pass like Fortnight) is crap but it is what developers are all going towards as it increases "engagement" metrics. Elder Scrolls Online has an "Okay" to "Meh" system where you get a reward for each day you login. Just login into a character, hit the "Get Reward!" button, and log out. Done in five minutes tops. The rewards are refreshed every month but the value of the rewards varies greatly with some truly worthless crap clogging it up. For someone with max level character that has fully leveled all the crafting professions (you can learn and max all crafting professions on a single character in ESO) and gotten all Champion Points (think AA points from EQ) I have zero use for EXP boosting scrolls or the crafting time reduction scrolls. The food is outclassed by even simple player made food and the poison is worthless (poisons override weapon enchants, so LOL nope). You do get useful amounts of free gold and other useful currencies so there is that.

The really bad part is that all of the daily login rewards are account bound! So no selling or giving those EXP/crafting scrolls to someone who could really use them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

It is handy if you have an alt. I save the free packs for my alt to buff him up. I don't think the system is as bad as you say. I'm towards the end of the board and started playing halfway through the season. You get a bunch of bullion and script for just playing the game.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

so uh, i finally finished all the achievements in Fallout 4, and i have no idea how it would even be possible without the wiki guiding you through it and using the console to circumvent bugs. finding all of the bobbleheads, in particular, would be an absolute nightmare, because they're often in places with absolutely no relevance, like "on the tip of the prow of a ship you only visit once" or "on the floor next to a burning garbage can in a minor side-quest room."

that's my review of relevant new game Fallout 4: bobbleheads too hard to find.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Sensenmann posted:

I don't know why they bothered to put so much RNG on it since it's not much better than secret service gear which can be earned relatively easy compared to the BOS stuff

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of quests, I finished the original quest line (launched the nuke) so now I should go talk to the Overseer at her home correct? And then comes the recently released BoS quest line?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I think the second board got a couple extra weeks compared to the first one.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Nuka World beaten and cleared of Raiders. Next goal: building up settlements and actually arming settlers. At least one place is getting Nuka World T-shirts all round under combat armor.

What is a good general purpose gun to hand out to settlers with a single round of ammo? Assault Rifles? Handmade Rifles? Plasma? I never get rid of anything and bring back everything I find (thank you strong back) so I've got literal tons of poo poo. Think I'll try to ensure there's at least one Flamer and one Minigun per settlement.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Fat mans, all fat mans!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I would give all my Settlers Fatmans if I didn't have to keep supplying them with mini nukes.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Yeah, Fat Mans and Missile Launchers are out just for the ammo reasons. Just want to set and forget.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Fallout 76 QOL stuff coming in January (will be on a PTS first)
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/1jsHzIiTcouzvdxbo2wgYA/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-season-3-and-quality-of-life-update-previews

- Stash increase to 1200
- Item details will show stack weight
- New, Armor (separate from Apparel), and Food/Drink tabs in Pip-Boy
- Vending machine previews on map will display # of 1, 2, and 3 star Legendaries

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Roman posted:

woah :monocle:

any word on next gen upgrades?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Roman posted:

Fallout 76 QOL stuff coming in January (will be on a PTS first)
https://fallout.bethesda.net/en/article/1jsHzIiTcouzvdxbo2wgYA/fallout-76-inside-the-vault-season-3-and-quality-of-life-update-previews

- Stash increase to 1200
- Item details will show stack weight
- Vending machine previews on map will display # of 1, 2, and 3 star Legendaries

This is loving incredible. I might be taking a Cyberpunk break but I'm definitely ready for this update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

New Leaf posted:

This is loving incredible. I might be taking a Cyberpunk break but I'm definitely ready for this update.
IIRC they might also double daily scrip and bullion sale amounts to 300 and 400