Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Khanstant posted:

edit: posting this image again forever until I either pick this item up or someone else does

This own't help you in your quest, but that thing isn't important, I don't even know why it's got the marker on it. I don't remember what it is, but it's not actually important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Randarkman posted:

Witcher games never really bit on me but the impression I got from them most of all was that they're sort of a framework to bring in lots of re-imaginings of monsters and such from folklore and fairytales* (I was tempted to say "dark reimagining", but like traditonally fairytales actually are pretty drat dark by modern standards in their original forms) on top of a somewhat deconstructed medieval fantasy setting. Also what if there was a guy who just very matter of factedly hunted those monsters, like it's his normal day job. And what if that guy fucks?

*Like that's often what the individual monster quests and such feel like in the Witcher. Like retellings of fairy tales.

What you're describing sounds really cool but it's never the impression I got when playing the series and I don't think was ever the intent of the author of the original books or the game teams. There wasn't any deconstruction of a medieval fantasy setting, it was just a rich and earnest fantasy world that takes its own politics and lore and history with the same genuineness as LOTR or your standard lotr inspired fantasy world. There's some edginess and darkness, willingness to engage with fantasy racism, and Geralt has a different 'tude than your standard protag, but his libertarian need to get coin before doing some monster killing isn't really a deconstruction of the fantasy hero or anything.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

This own't help you in your quest, but that thing isn't important, I don't even know why it's got the marker on it. I don't remember what it is, but it's not actually important.

I know it isn't and that my choices and actions here are inconsequential but I need that thing!!!

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 11, 2020

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Welcome to the next generation of gaming.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I'm doing an excellent and comprehensive Let's Play of this game via the recent gameplay video the PS5 sends as part of a crash report. Hopefully someone at Sony can stitch them together for you guys!

What do you think is the most controller-friendly build? I have been pumping pistols but I'm more of a mouse guy when it comes to aiming headshots. Shotguns seem quite good for this but at the range needed I feel like I might as well be doing melee at that point.

I guess this is a cyberpunk game so maybe I should respec to use hacking, it feels like the game really rewards that approach....

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

People are so mad about cyberpunk on Reddit I'm kinda blown away.

People legit thought it was going to be a life simulator

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

w00tmonger posted:

Any way to see my Ram when Im not tabbed to I can quickhack more smoothly?

those tiny vertical bars below your health. took me a while to spot.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Rinkles posted:

You sure you didn't pick it up elsewhere (e.g., loot)? Cyberware you own shows up as costing 0 at a ripperdoc.

I don't think so, but honestly it could have been in any number of bodies/containers I just slammed the "Loot All" button on.

If that's the case, then I have unknowingly told a lie in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread and for that, I am deeply sorry to everyone I've hurt.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

terrorist ambulance posted:

Are there any story consequences later to (Act 1 spoiler) stealing the Militech money from the chip and keeping it to yourself?

Also, what are daemons and how do they relate to breach / quickhacking? Not sure I understand it

edit 2: not really clear to me how upgrading or quality of items works in this game. you can just pick stuff you like an upgrade it continuously to get it to where you need it to be? looting weapons and selling them doesn't seem to give much for cash.

breaching -> affects everything on local network
quickhack -> affects a single target that you can see directly or indirectly through a camera

daemons are the programs you upload to the network during a successful breach. You only start out with one daemon but once you're good you can easily upload 3 or more daemons in one go

It can be a little confusing because the default daemon you start with is called "ICEpick" and all it does is debuff every person/device on the network and make them easier to quickhack, which is a totally different mechanic. You can get additional demons that will lower all the bad guys damage resistance, turn off all cameras, hijack turrets, etc. These can be gained through perks, and maybe through quests/vendors, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Oh, you also have the "Datamine" daemon that is usable when you hack "Access Points" for stealing $$ , no combat use.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vichan posted:

Welcome to the next generation of gaming.

I haven't seen any textures that bad on my midrange PC. Seems like 8-year-old consoles are bearing the brunt of angry reports so far.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

w00tmonger posted:

Any way to see my Ram when Im not tabbed to I can quickhack more smoothly?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

speaking of daemons, how does the camera perk work? I don't see a new option when highlighting cameras.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Just want to use this opportunity to be in awe of some of quest design in this, I dunno if you specifically designed the ones I'm talking about but holy poo poo. The amount of choice and player agency in even just the little gigs I've done around Watson is incredible. Intuitive things that in any other game would have led to a fail state are accounted for, have dialogue added, and are perfectly acceptable to finish a quest.

This game is loving nuts on the details and you guys must have worked your asses on every little thing.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah some of the gigs are neat self contained mini-deus ex levels. I've been impressed with some of their level design.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Rinkles posted:

speaking of daemons, how does the camera perk work? I don't see a new option when highlighting cameras.

I didn't understand what happening at first either, but pinging the camera in the quest where you go get the daemon shows you its relationship with the access point on the wall to the right, so then you know you can go hack it. it's just demonstrating what ping does

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Rinkles posted:

Big sleep? Its a new daemon you can upload during breach minigame. reminder: you can breach anything , people/turrets/coffee pot/etc don't need to look right at the camera

you can upload multiple daemons if you get both of their input codes into the buffer

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Daemons are breach protocol options. Scan anything on the network (doesn't have to be a camera), select breach protocol and one of the options will be camera deactivation.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So during the heist there is a pair of dog tags, but I've never been able to confirm picking it up (despite highlighting and mashing the use button)) and I never see it in my inventory. Is this a bug, is it even possible, am I going to miss out on something cool because of it?

Rinkles posted:

Yeah some of the gigs are neat self contained mini-deus ex levels. I've been impressed with some of their level design.

That first Padre one is absolute DX level design (and some Hitman too probably) to the core.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ah

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

does that mean it only works for 3 minutes and can't be reapplied, because you can't (always?) breach the same area multiple times?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

w00tmonger posted:

People are so mad about cyberpunk on Reddit I'm kinda blown away.

People legit thought it was going to be a life simulator

I am glad its not a life simulator. I kept telling people this is more open world Deus Ex, then it is Grand Theft Auto. The only time I feel like I am playing Grand Theft Auto sci-fi edition is when I get into a car.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Didn't the barber shops in the witcher 3 where you could change your hair and beard come in a patch a few months after release?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

Didn't the barber shops in the witcher 3 where you could change your hair and beard come in a patch a few months after release?

yes

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

DeathSandwich posted:

I think you have to have the talent out of the Tech stat level 9 that allows you to charge tech weapons first.

I can charge the nekomata (tech sniper) already though; I guess it might be handling the rifles differently?

Simone Magus posted:

Tapping Right on the d pad will quick summon your vehicle rather than opening the vehicle menu

There's a vehicle menu?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

mind blown

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man i feel like im missing out by not going hacking, going full street samurai, reflex/cool. picked up 5 in tech so i can auto disassemblr stuff. maybe ill try and pump up int a bit, but body is also a good stat

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Magus42 posted:

There's a vehicle menu?

yeah hold right on d pad, i think v on pc

queeb posted:

man i feel like im missing out by not going hacking, going full street samurai, reflex/cool. picked up 5 in tech so i can auto disassemblr stuff. maybe ill try and pump up int a bit, but body is also a good stat

idk how you don't go hacker on your first playthrough of a cyberpunk game

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

5 in everything feels like a good move

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Rinkles posted:

does that mean it only works for 3 minutes and can't be reapplied, because you can't (always?) breach the same area multiple times?

With perks you can get the duration up to 12 minutes. That said, I don't think it is that useful. Upgraded OS cyberware come with different device quick hacks, one of which will let you turn the camera to 'friendly' mode, and it seems to work permanently. You have to target the cameras individually, tho, rather than just scanning a coffee machine or whatever.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Traxis posted:

With perks you can get the duration up to 12 minutes. That said, I don't think it is that useful. Upgraded OS cyberware come with different device quick hacks, one of which will let you turn the camera to 'friendly' mode, and it seems to work permanently. You have to target the cameras individually, tho, rather than just scanning a coffee machine or whatever.

i have that hack, but my cameras were turning on me in the maelstrom mission. probably an enemy hacker?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Rinkles posted:

idk, making a vending machine spit out sodas while you sneak past somehow just isn't as fun as coming up behind someone and chopping their head off

Its Chocolate
Dec 21, 2019
is there a way to change your appearance after you've started the game?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

queeb posted:

imo tech is the weakest tree. Crafting seems pretty superfluous because the game throws enough loot at you frequently enough that you can just ignore it. The stuff you can craft isn't meaningfully any better than any of the dozens of you'll pick up from corpses or in chests.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

smoobles posted:

idk, making a vending machine spit out sodas while you sneak past somehow just isn't as fun as coming up behind someone and chopping their head off

i do both

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Rinkles posted:

yeah hold right on d pad, i think v on pc

I am a hacker

I hack mans to pieces with katana

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I know it's a really stupid thing, but is there a 'hide hats/facemasks' option anywhere? I like looking at my character on the inventory screen, but I also like the extra armour.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I know it's a really stupid thing, but is there a 'hide hats/facemasks' option anywhere? I like looking at my character on the inventory screen, but I also like the extra armour.

nope. the game isn't in a state where that kind of concern is a high priority for developers. it's the sort of thing i think we might see a few months later.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There seem to be some bugginess to the cameras - the game seems to become confused whether cameras are friendly or not when you disable then switch to them with the "take over" quickhack.

Also, is it stupid that I want to restart my game because I failed a single side quest? Sorry, neighbor. I should have said something else, I guess.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Welp just had my third crash, after visiting Mr. Fingers.

I hope they scramble together an emergency patch, lol. Luckily saving the game takes literally 2 seconds so I'm not losing anything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ymgve posted:

There seem to be some bugginess to the cameras - the game seems to become confused whether cameras are friendly or not when you disable then switch to them with the "take over" quickhack.

oh maybe it was that. i was really disoriented that mission because hacking wasn't working like i was used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Funky See Funky Do posted:

imo tech is the weakest tree. Crafting seems pretty superfluous because the game throws enough loot at you frequently enough that you can just ignore it. The stuff you can craft isn't meaningfully any better than any of the dozens of you'll pick up from corpses or in chests.

It’s there for cosmetic reasons IMO. If you are going for a specific aesthetic you can dismantle all the gear you find for parts and just upgrade things yourself. It’s also helpful getting more ammo if you’re a shooter. I found myself running out of ammo a lot so I’d craft new ammo on the spot to keep it up.