Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Biggus Dickus posted:

You can wear a wig right now. It’s not illegal or anything.

The M62 is a motorway that connects Liverpool and Hull via Manchester and Leeds. It doesn't even go anywhere near London.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

knox_harrington posted:

Aha well I am a clinical scientist working on immune therapy development for the past 15 years rather than a shop assistant

jesus christ

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Well I'm Asclepius, god of medicine

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Well I'm penicillin, so, heh, I think I know whatimtalkinbout

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

I regret out-twatting Randa

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wachter posted:

Well I'm Asclepius, god of medicine

Nice rod, nerd, did Mercury make it for you?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Well I'm penicillin, so, heh, I think I know whatimtalkinbout

well you do like lying around not doing anything a lot of the time

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

OwlFancier posted:

Nice rod, nerd, did Mercury make it for you?

thoth-rear end motherfucker

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Julio Cruz posted:

well you do like lying around not doing anything a lot of the time

Game recognises game, I see :colbert:

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lungboy posted:

It's available in Australia, hence my pretend excitement at a possible good thing about No Deal.

E: it's called Kenalog/Kenacort in Orabase but it's the same thing.

The manufacturer ditched it over a decade ago here because it wasn't profitable. I wonder what's different in Australia. Non-orabase Kenalog is still used here but I think even the non-orabase Adcortyl is gone. It's all triamcinolone to me so vOv.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

knox_harrington posted:

I regret out-twatting Randa

See you are so dismissive of a professionally registered front line health worker that you can't even remember my name.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Rumda posted:

See you are so dismissive of a professionally registered front line health worker that you can't even remember my name.

Delighted to see you reassert your place in the twatting order

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
This is brilliant

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Z the IVth posted:

The manufacturer ditched it over a decade ago here because it wasn't profitable. I wonder what's different in Australia. Non-orabase Kenalog is still used here but I think even the non-orabase Adcortyl is gone. It's all triamcinolone to me so vOv.

Didn't realise that's why it was ditched, and I've no idea why it's still going in Australia and New Zealand but I'm glad it is as my brother sends it over for me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Perfect Element posted:

I am sat here reading the thread, and listening to my wife’s elderly great grandpa tell her that he’s feeling optimistic about brexit, and the two combined are making me miserable.

How old is the great grandfather of your presumably adult wife?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
NHS rivalries:

Doctors/ nurses
Psychologists/ psychiatrists
Midwives/ Obstetricians

Pharmacists/ clinical scientists!?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
ukmt december 2020: solidarity for all unless i’m feeling bitchy

in re drug chat i occasionally order oraldene in tiny expensive bottles from the uk because it works amazingly well and johnson and johnson discontinued production of the formulation over here

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

sassassin posted:

From a poster with an '05 account...

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
In funnier news:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/11/starmer-urged-to-start-cooperating-with-lib-dems-if-he-wants-labour-to-win

quote:

Keir Starmer is being urged to lay the groundwork for cooperating with the Liberal Democrats and Greens at the next general election, by MPs and campaigners who argue the party will struggle to win a majority alone.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

so thats another what 7 seats?

sorry 12

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Must make blair look better by ignoring inconvenient swings better than his.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Seat change looks the more relevant stat there.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

They should sell pharmaceutical two part epoxy tubes but let you mix and match anything you can fit into the tubes.

you can actually buy those two-part syringes empty. Then you find out your life-saving medication has gone completely solid 15 seconds after you dispense your first dose.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

sassassin posted:

He is 88. He's a dyed in the wool tory but not, I think, a particularly evil one. I've never heard him express anything other than Correct and progressive opinions when talking about LGBT issues or minorities in general. He also hates Boris.

To be fair, he's not left his house since March and is going to spend what might be his last ever Christmas completely alone, so I can't blame him for trying to look on the bright side.

Otoh he said we can export all our cheese from Australia and I don't know wtf

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Perfect Element posted:

He is 88. He's a dyed in the wool tory but not, I think, a particularly evil one. I've never heard him express anything other than Correct and progressive opinions when talking about LGBT issues or minorities in general. He also hates Boris.

To be fair, he's not left his house since March and is going to spend what might be his last ever Christmas completely alone, so I can't blame him for trying to look on the bright side.

Otoh he said we can export all our cheese from Australia and I don't know wtf

Australia is famed for its excellent cheeses.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

cheese production is one of my winter projects

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We all like a wank occasionally, but there's no need to boast.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

We all like a wank occasionally, but there's no need to boast.

we all have our lockdown hobbies ok

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

therattle posted:

I mean if what you want is cheddar then yes, actually, it is.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

therattle posted:

You joke but Australia makes bloody good cheeses in fact.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Aeble posted:

It's interesting, I've never actually met anyone advocating for Brexit (since everybody at work hates it). I wonder how I would react to meeting one - probably with the same dumbstruck confusion as when you discover you're speaking to a young earth creationist.

A friends mate was all for it a couple of years ago. He's a plumber and was very up front that he was voting for his own interest because he didn't want competition from the Poles.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

presumably anyone with some animals can make some cheese

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Australia and New Zealand actually have pretty good farming, beef and whatnot.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Helith posted:

You joke but Australia makes bloody good cheeses in fact.

I was pretty sure someone was going to say that and it was the case but why let that get in the way of a joke. I have no doubt that Australia actually does have some very good cheese.

I’ve just never heard of any.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

therattle posted:

I was pretty sure someone was going to say that and it was the case but why let that get in the way of a joke. I have no doubt that Australia actually does have some very good cheese.

That's because we eat it all ourselves.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

therattle posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gourmettraveller.com.au/amp/news/food-news/australias-top-ranked-cheeses-2018-2902

Check it out

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

actchually as the son of an English, French-resident cheesemaker, the best cheeses are made in Wales. This is the end of my TED talk, there will be no further questions.

Fake edit: this seems like a great time in the conversation to make an extremely tenuous appeal to authority, no problems here

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

OwlFancier posted:

Must make blair look better by ignoring inconvenient swings better than his.

That's incredible. The article isn't even talking about historical stuff the entire topic is modern real-politik, objectively/apolitically it's actively absurd to ignore the most recent swing.

There was a USSR film-maker I should remember the name of but can't, please someone put me out my misery, that talked about how the most effective propaganda films to his mind weren't the ones that explictly talked about how great the USSR was. He preferred movies that were comedies or romances, basically apolitical stuff, but that had the glory and decency of the USSR just constantly woven into the background. The political message isn't ever pushed it's just assumed wisdom, and the mundane but engaging actual story just sits on top of that. Not to try and say that article was engaging but it fits the form perfectly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The only soviet filmmakers I know are andrei tarkovsky and... whatshisface kuleshov.

But yes, that was why I thought it was interesting, just the small scale examples of rewriting history to omit inconvenient elements, extremely emblematic of how libs work and basically the guardian's raisin d entire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

NotJustANumber99 posted:

presumably anyone with some animals can make some cheese

It's a little tricky with chickens.