Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Osmosisch posted:

My least favorite is the one where the lady is standing on a boat offshore and you aren't allowed to get wet.

Yeah that one was extremely rude. The other two were pretty much cake, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Osmosisch posted:

My least favorite is the one where the lady is standing on a boat offshore and you aren't allowed to get wet.

Just slot in an ice person like Kayea and freeze the water and you're gucci

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah of course it's doable it was just such a little gently caress you at the end there, just a tiny gap of water but still enough to mess you up if you don't pay attention (I didn't pay attention :saddowns:)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There's a crate right next to it you can jump onto and then jump down to the boat

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
just gonna repost some stuff from reddit so you don't have to go there

spear might be okay, maybe? the claymore version might fit into some team comp somewhere

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Osmosisch posted:

That one got me. I had dozens of seconds to spare and I didn't see that the boat had a millimeter gap of water in front of it.

For the third one, I just went from the southern mountain. You can jump down without taking damage if you aim for the outcroppings. I also had over 10 seconds remaining on that one.

Also, thanks for the codes...they worked for me.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
thanks for the reposts!

am I wrong or does the hydro set look tailor made for Childe?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yes, it's not Hydro-flavored at all. Just Childe-flavored.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

zgrowler2 posted:

am I wrong or does the hydro set look tailor made for Childe?

It's 100% a Childe set. Big big melee stance deeps with that 4 pc set. Will probably take me 20 fragile resins to get a decent set, but it'll be very nice once complete!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well the rest of the game seems to think hydro's flavor is healing, so i can't complain much. anyone using a Mona carry can use it, Barb/XQ are the ones that get shut out.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

dogsicle posted:

well the rest of the game seems to think hydro's flavor is healing, so i can't complain much. anyone using a Mona carry can use it, Barb/XQ are the ones that get shut out.

poo poo, XQ's numbers deserve to go up. Guhua geek all day. Guess I'll make do with ragtag artifacts until I roll something better

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i am extremely tired of these lovely assed "find and clean up the leaves" missions

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
2-piece noblesse is already ideal for Xingqiu. Getting +15% hydro damage in addition to it is still a nice upgrade if you don't need the 4-set bonus.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

No Wave posted:

2-piece noblesse is already ideal for Xingqiu. Getting +15% hydro damage in addition to it is still a nice upgrade if you don't need the 4-set bonus.

Do we know what the drop rate for Noblesse in its dungeon is? I've done I dunno how many runs and my only piece is from an AR reward.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I get Noblesse about 50% of the time. You really have to run the artifact dungeons dozens of times to get anything worthwhile.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

The White Dragon posted:

i am extremely tired of these lovely assed "find and clean up the leaves" missions
I had one of those yesterday and I had Klee in my party, so I was curious if I could apply some fire based solution to the leaf problem instead. Well it definitely did work, but ended up burning down the hale bales next to the leaves instead, and the quest giver went bananas and said they were going to be in so much trouble once Diluc found out or something of that sort. It was a pretty hilarious surprise.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

no paimon lines in that preview video scares me.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Osmosisch posted:

Oh yeah of course it's doable it was just such a little gently caress you at the end there, just a tiny gap of water but still enough to mess you up if you don't pay attention (I didn't pay attention :saddowns:)

i paid attention, but i couldn't talk to her due to the direciton i was facing when i landed on her boat. so when i turned, of course the game cranked the momentum up to maximum and sent me flying straight into the water

the mondstadt one sucked rear end too, please deliver this item through this area infested with archers on towers but you can't dash or glide. gently caress the sadist who designed these

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I got three Chongyuns from this recent banner, but I know he's very picky about team composition, since he makes everything Cryo. What's a good general concept for a team with him in it?

If anyone's up to giving specific characters recommendations, here's my loadout:

My people who are leveled in any way are Childe, Venti, Xiangling, Razor, and Diona. I also have C3 Xinyan, C2 Sucrose, and Ninguang's at C2, so I was GOING to get them to a higher level. You know, at some point.

Unrelated: It looks like the new icicle-dropping weapons don't actually proc Cryo element - I was hoping they would, so that Razor would be an enormous asskicker, but sadly, 'tis not to be. Prototype Aminus is just a solid asskicker sword for him, right? I have a Favonius Greatsword for him, but he doesn't really need the Energy Recharge from it.

John Lee fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 11, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

got lucky for the 1st request, 2nd request you definitely want to snipe the boat box to avoid momentum issues on your dismount, and 3rd request just has some dummy routes around the ruins that will fail you on conditions or time

i'll be interested to see how the other sets are, but it doesn't seem like there's as much room for new gimmicks as the gliding challenge

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Sucrose for sure, as VV is a must, and she doesn't lift out of melee range like Venti. I'd probably take Barbara to enable freeze. Then Kaeya if you want resonance or Xiangling to enable melt.

But since you have Diona leveled, she can be a healer and resonance enabler. If you do that, then Xiangling's probably the best 4th.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 11, 2020

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I get the impression Chongyun functions best with Diluc or Bennett as a carry for melt damage, and/or with Xingqiu for crowd control. His C2 is great, but you might be better off saving him until you pull a better match.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

John Lee posted:

I got three Chongyuns from this recent banner, but I know he's very picky about team composition, since he makes everything Cryo. What's a good general concept for a team with him in it?

If anyone's up to giving specific characters recommendations, here's my loadout:

You'll definitely want to run him with sucrose, his gimmick loves vv and her em buff.

As a carry he wants xq, who you unfortunately don't have. I think your best way to proc wet so you can go to shatter town is Barbara.

As a support, he's godly for dps Bennett, good for Diluc, and not really great for anyone else

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

You know what would make Chongyun 1000% more usable? If that little crystal in the center of his AoE was the trigger for his cryo-imbue. Pass through the crystal, Weapon becomes cryo for 8 secs. Don't touch it, you attack like normal while still getting his other AoE benefits.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

dogsicle posted:

got lucky for the 1st request, 2nd request you definitely want to snipe the boat box to avoid momentum issues on your dismount, and 3rd request just has some dummy routes around the ruins that will fail you on conditions or time

i'll be interested to see how the other sets are, but it doesn't seem like there's as much room for new gimmicks as the gliding challenge

I think there's room for interesting stuff. "No climbing" is one of the possible restrictions, but none of today's challenges featured it. If you had the target on a peak in the Jueyun Karst and then made the player get to him without climbing, then now the challenge is to find a gliding route and execute it precisely (because you can't correct if you land on the cliffside instead).

"No sprinting" could also be a bit of a bitch if the route takes you through enemies, especially when combined with "no damage".

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

kater posted:

uh, I assume this is related to the zhong quest (which I've stopped doing until Paimon gets VA for it :colbert:) but still it shocked the hell out of me.

lol dropped nothing but a zhonger voice line. i'll take it.

And once you saw that chest, you stopped at nothing to open it, didn't you?

(Yes, it spawns for the quest, you didn't somehow miss it getting your geo ascenders.)

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I use Diluc/Chong now, and I just tag Chong in, hit his skill, and tag out.

It would probably work even better if I were smart enough to do that while the pyro from Diluc's burst weren't active, but playing Diluc on point for so long has given me a very smooth gorilla brain.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

inthesto posted:

I use Diluc/Chong now, and I just tag Chong in, hit his skill, and tag out.

It would probably work even better if I were smart enough to do that while the pyro from Diluc's burst weren't active, but playing Diluc on point for so long has given me a very smooth gorilla brain.

do it backwards of this imo, put up diluc's burst and then switch to chong so you maximize your cryo dmg output (rather than converting diluc's phys to cryo) and proc a ton of melts

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Yuck, I was rushing to get my core team updated to the next tier (and weapons) before AR45 and I finally got one to 80 and its next level is AR50? Why did they break the pattern, so weird?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

THREE NEW RELEVANT REDEMPTION CODES FOR NA (~100 primos each):
5KVEIBSXDUU
and
G3TQQ6TOQME
and
eATDgIXLD56

:siren: These codes expire at 8PM PST TODAY :siren: , or so it says in the video

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

LorneReams posted:

Yuck, I was rushing to get my core team updated to the next tier (and weapons) before AR45 and I finally got one to 80 and its next level is AR50? Why did they break the pattern, so weird?

Trust me, you'll appreciate the break. If you have everything ready then props to you, that's a lot of resin. But Just levelling a weapon from 80 to 90 alone is likely a few hundred of the 3rd tier weapon crystals. Not to mention the mora it'll cost... ugh, I'm so out of Mora.

But AR45 is fun because that's the sweet spot level for artifact farming, where you pray RNG doesn't rend your spirit over and over and over.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
The resin stuff at least goes quick, the worst part is culling the entire population of that electro girl over and over and over and over. The mist grass poo poo is required for three of my people.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

The Crusher posted:

But AR45 is fun because that's the sweet spot level for artifact farming, where you pray RNG doesn't rend your spirit over and over and over.

Narrator: The RNG will rend your spirit over and over and over.

:smith:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Framboise posted:

Narrator: The RNG will rend your spirit over and over and over.

:smith:

So will the co-op groups.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I found a rust in my inventory this morning, no idea when I pulled it. just after I got viridescent hunt to 80 too. it's actually funny to have like 6 level 80 bows

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I use Fischl, Tart, Venti, Diona, and SOON Ganyu... need all the bows I can get!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Can anyone point me to the real trailer where they reveal which banner Bennet is on and not a bunch of irrelevant non-Bennet stuff?

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

padijun posted:

I found a rust in my inventory this morning, no idea when I pulled it. just after I got viridescent hunt to 80 too. it's actually funny to have like 6 level 80 bows

There's a history thing on pull screen, including dates and times.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I was able to redeem all three on EU.

5KVeIbSxDUU

G3tQq6TOqmE

eATDgIXLD56

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

LorneReams posted:

The resin stuff at least goes quick, the worst part is culling the entire population of that electro girl over and over and over and over. The mist grass poo poo is required for three of my people.

It gets easier with higher world levels. You get like 4-5 of the basic stuff, with a chance at a couple uncommons and a rare variant.