Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Fallom posted:

Am I crazy or is there no way to see your weapon's ammo count in Cyberpunk?

You get an early cyberware upgrade that interfaces with your weapon and allows you to get an ammo count and a targeting overlay when you ADS.

Very early on though, no your hands are still organic so you don't get any of that. Like, literally after the second mission you get the ammo count part of your HUD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh ok they’re doing a thing with it. I just finished the first mission and wondered if it was just bugging out (everything else was)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Should I hold out for when I finally locate a PS5 to buy it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

gently caress me, all this Cyberpunk talk has me itching to pull the trigger despite not having a system to run it on high quality

I have a Ryzen 5 3.2 GHz, 16 gigs of RAM, and a 2070 6GB, specs say that should yield 1080p low quality...yeesh.

Still thinking about buying it, playing it through and then looking forward to replaying it on stupid quality once I buy a new system.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 11, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i checked to see if my gtx1080 still holds up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQaMpga1XrM

im pleased, so im just waiting for a sale to get some bugsfixes and mods going before i grab it.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

gently caress me, all this Cyberpunk talk has me itching to pull the trigger despite not having a system to run it on high quality

I have a Ryzen 5 3.2 GHz, 16 gigs of RAM, and a 2070 6GB, specs say that should yield 1080p low quality...yeesh.

Still thinking about buying it, playing it through and then looking forward to replaying it on stupid quality once I buy a new system.

I'm playing on an i7-6700, 16 gigs, SSD, and GTX 1070. ~40 fps @ 1440p with tweaked settings to be mostly medium. Game looks good and plays well. A 2070 should kill it at 1080p, without RTX.

I'm still continuing my hunt to buy a 3070 or 3080.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ultrawide monitor was a mistake, since it's 33% more pixels than regular 1440p, you take a 33% hit in performance, I spend a lot of time indoors at like 20-25fps with a 2080 Founders Edition.

I also think there may still be plenty of room for them to improve performance, or there's some performance impacting bugs, since my performance stays about the same even when I cut quality way back, and even when I turn off RTX I only gain about 10 FPS. DLSS doesn't seem to be worth a poo poo to me, it isn't nearly the pure magic that it is in Death Stranding.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

death stranding pc was really goddamn well done

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I suspect the ML technique used for DLSS really shows its weakness with the extreme complexity of the scenes in Cyberpunk. Death Stranding must be a walk in the park in comparison since it’s so austere.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I'm playing at 2560x1080 on a 1070 and its playing fine and pretty. I also took a moment to dial back the settings from the defaults and its still gorgeous.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

GD_American posted:

From what I’ve seen, performance on the Xbone/PS4 is absolute dogshit, even if you’ve got the Xbone X or PS4 Pro.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

GD_American posted:

Some of the PS4/Xbone look really rough.

I'd only play this on next gen or PC right now.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Ok but what about the ps5, was the question

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

orange juche posted:

Ultrawide monitor was a mistake, since it's 33% more pixels than regular 1440p, you take a 33% hit in performance, I spend a lot of time indoors at like 20-25fps with a 2080 Founders Edition.

I also think there may still be plenty of room for them to improve performance, or there's some performance impacting bugs, since my performance stays about the same even when I cut quality way back, and even when I turn off RTX I only gain about 10 FPS. DLSS doesn't seem to be worth a poo poo to me, it isn't nearly the pure magic that it is in Death Stranding.

What card are you running? I'm on an UW with a 3080 and I'm getting like >60 FPS drat near constantly.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

A quick few minutes of play with the recommended system settings (at medium to high, bizarrely) and 4k yielded a pretty okay framerate, I'll give 1080p a shot tomorrow, but it honestly looks like it's running reasonably well even at 4k on my 2070

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

orange juche posted:

I have a 2080 playing on a curved ultrawide monitor and I'm getting around 60 FPS with DLSS set to performance and RTX on excepts for lights.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mustang posted:

I have a 2080 playing on a curved ultrawide monitor and I'm getting around 60 FPS with DLSS set to performance and RTX on excepts for lights.

Yeah I'm nowhere close to that. It's probably the first gen Ryzen becoming a boat anchor. Figured it would take longer but what do you know lol.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They just put out a hotfix that stops the seizure-risk of the braindance sequence btw (and addresses a bunch of quest-breaking bugs I think)

e] you can pick it (the ping hack) up anytime after that, I somehow completely missed it in Act 1.

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 12, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Words of advice for cyberpunk 2077

After you meet with Dex, do the ? gigs all over the map before doing anything else. Also having a 6-8 in body can let you open a lot of poo poo that has really nice goodies. And a 5+ int will let you hack some access points for easy cash. Access points are all over the drat place and you find them with the free PING quickhack that you have to pickup from the vendor RIGHT AT THE END OF the ride you take with dex. Like it puts you facing the drat building.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Browsing through the Playstation store, and...uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrGHEzArY9U

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
oh man. there is a side gig in the north of heywood near the docks, dirty biz. i was stealthing the whole thing till i got to the bd editors. then when the guy was like 'uhh which kids? black? hispanic? white?' i lost my poo poo and just murdered them

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Don't buy cyberpunk rant (after about 8 hours)

- poo poo's linear as gently caress to the point where I don't think you can fail missions. It feels like your hand is being held a majority of the time.
- gun play is boring
- ai is mega trash. npcs will stay in the open or not do poo poo when you're unloading into them. Tight. Only dudes that rush you are melee, and even they take their sweet time deciding how to charge you if they can't bee line it at you. Staying behind the same cover won't make the ai try to maneuver on you. At best, they toss a nade that falls short. also pedestrian driver ai = lol
- loving dodge keys
- you can kill whoever the gently caress you want or not be an rear end in a top hat but there's no incentive or repercussions when doing either. Unless its some mission only bullshit. In the future, no one bats an eye at looting either.
- on hard difficulty, you can still avoid using the janky cover mechanics and just run around shooting like a moron and beat bosses and large groups of enemies. The two boss fights I had: flash bangs and shoot at it until it dies. Don't worry about running out of ammo because they put 10 boxes of it in the boss arena. Same goes for health pickups. Why even prolong that horse poo poo? It's more of a waste of time than it is a challenge.
- the skill trees and cyber upgrades are pretty boring to be honest. I guess deus ex set the bar too high even if its selection wasn't deep.

tldr: Game sucks dicks from the back, imo. Stick to gta, and skyrim.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 12, 2020

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
That's gonk yo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/LilBrattyBun/status/1337105687864807424?s=19

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

:lol: i pretty much ignore all of the cop missions because :acab:

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Played a ton of CP2077 last night and I'm really enjoying it. Haven't reached the title card yet but I think I'm getting close. I decided to go blunt melee and INT/hacking for my first run -- waiting to do the reflex tree on a new character after I have a 3xxx series graphics card. Not noticing any serious bugs, just some UI glitches (cured by reloading), on my midrange PC. Game is super pretty and I am continually impressed by the amount of mo-cap and voice acting in the game. I can see why it took many years of effort to release. I mean, even in the prologue you can often go up to random NPCs and listen in to one side of voice-acted conversations, sometimes relevant to events going on in the world related to your current quest. Braindancing was very cool and I look forward to doing more jobs involving that. Game is everything I wanted so far to come out of CDPR as a different setting/protagonist/mechanics follow-up to W3, which I loved. This game is gonna age really well, especially after some W3-like patches and DLC.

I'm playing on hard difficulty. If you're breezing through the game and find it too short or too easy, up the difficulty. On hard, I can't simply beeline main quest and barge into some of the early prologue missions (e.g. the first one your first "big" fixer gives you) and melee everyone to death. Tried that, got owned. I find that stealth is possibly OP so far. After not being able to barge in and whack people, I went all MGS: V on their rear end and that helped a lot.

It's not a Gibson/Stephenson/Shadowrun cyberspace setting, which I think disappoints some people. But it was never meant to be? It's based off its own unique source material: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Cyberpunk_2020_books . For those of you who own the game on PC, check out the included CP2020 guidebook PDF, it's pretty cool and as someone who did not play the RPG it provides very useful background reading. Some entertaining writing about future shock in there, too.

This game is very 2020 and very 2077 at the same time. A++ GOTY

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

got past title card

i like it so far

running at 60fps on high at 1080p on my gtx1080 with shadow poo poo down

the opening is very linear, yeah. it opens up after the title.

shooting feels like destiny to me, in a good way. A lil spongy but it feels ok once you level up some. Its rough at first.

Rolling a street kid with pistols this run.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Haven't played the game yet, but wanted to share these somewhere

https://twitter.com/SpawnWaveMedia/status/1337432805018628102

https://twitter.com/TheRocketRalph/status/1337546945418702851?s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I've got like 10 hours in now and I feel like everything it does gameplay wise a different game does better.

Gunplay isn't as fun as Borderlands
Open world isn't as smooth as GTA
Hacking isn't as good as Watchdogs
Skill progression is Meh

But it does definitely nail the aesthetic and ambience of overwrought dystopia.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I’m not very far along, but I could see this being the new Deus Ex (OG) for me. Deus Ex also was outclassed in virtually any single mechanic by other games but had a good aesthetic and let you break things in fun ways (always rearrange furniture and use the environment to break UNATCO) as well as having built in alternate play throughs different ending or side quest results other than the final mission dialogue screen.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Apparently there is some jank with Cyberpunk not using all the threads on AMD processors. If your poo poo sucks and you run AMD try this out. This pushed my 2700x CPU utilization from around 20% to 70% and really smoothed things out.

Open the EXE with HXD (Hex Editor).

Look for

75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

change to

EB 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 13, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

Apparently there is some jank with Cyberpunk not using all the threads on AMD processors. If your poo poo sucks and you run AMD try this out. This pushed my 2700x CPU utilization from around 20% to 70% and really smoothed things out.

Look for

change to

https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/

Just did it, poo poo is magic.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gonna try this in a min

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
GOTY

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yeah I mean I know 2077 is the victim of unrealistic expectations, and I was first on the line to laugh at the people who saw the game as some sort of gaming evolution...but, speaking as a pc player with a mid-tier rig, it's actually really loving immersive and fun despite a thousand bugs. Like deus ex or alpha protocol, the game's reach exceeds its grasp in a whole lot of ways, but in many others it hits the target, and in a few ways its absolutely mind-blowing. In a few months with a handful of patches and expansions (and hopefully mod support) itll be a game for the ages.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Game owns. It has a flaming crotch man quest.

His implant... misfires.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

ded posted:

Game owns. It has a flaming crotch man quest.

His implant... misfires.

https://twitter.com/TheRocketRalph/status/1337546945418702851?s=20

May have to get this game

I was going to get it on sale anyway

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I just need something better than a 1070ti so I can play it in 4k

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Laranzu posted:

Look for

change to

If you told my 12-year-old self, who is busy hex-editing SimFarm savegame files for money cheats, that, in 2020, he would have the entirety of his gaming library on a proprietary online platform, play games on a 24" screen with thirty times the pixels of his trusty 14", and have sixty-four times more RAM than he currently has HDD storage space, he'd probably go "wow, that's pretty 2020".

If you then told that same 12-year-old self that he'd be needing a hex editor to fix the .exe of the year's biggest and most anticipated triple-A title, he'd probably go "how hosed up is 2020?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
And if you told yourself that a euro game is janky as hell you'd say "wow that's so 2007-2020"