Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh most definitely

the lady that plays brunhilda for sure has one, i'm sure there's others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

indigi posted:

we’re there any feet in Django

I’d suspect that almost everyone in Django had feet, otherwise they would find the American South/West a very difficult environment to navigate (disability access being, on the whole, a fairly low design priority during the time period portrayed)?

E: although, I’ll bet the (relative) survivability of amputation in the American Civil War vis-à-vis previous wars probably meant more demand for disability access, cf. post-WW1 German experience, although I’m sure other polities experienced similar?)

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 11, 2020

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Schadenboner posted:

I’d suspect that almost everyone in Django had feet, otherwise they would find the American South/West a very difficult environment to navigate (disability access being, on the whole, a fairly low design priority during the time period portrayed)?

E: although, I’ll bet the (relative) survivability of amputation in the American Civil War vis-à-vis previous wars probably meant more demand for disability access, cf. post-WW1 German experience, although I’m sure other polities experienced similar?)

you could just get a trained baboon to help out

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

mediaphage posted:

you could just get a trained baboon to help out

Reboot of Thomas and Friends looking gritty af...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theres no foot scene in django. i went against my word and checked the authoritative source:

https://www.wikifeet.com/Kerry_Washington (not really :nws: its just red carpet photos and dudes commenting that they like her feet)

theres a lot of tarantino saying the n word tho

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/oneperfectshot/status/1128124275267862528

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
this one always makes me laugh

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Foots is gross, but not having them is probably real sad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

die hard is a foot movie

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is *not* a foot movie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i think it might be

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this one always makes me laugh

poo poo lol that’s where that’s from

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

echinopsis posted:

poo poo lol that’s where that’s from

the one that is literally 100% feet and 100% car chase and 100% sassy dialogue

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
do you think quentin does lines off of feet

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

do you think quentin does lines off of feet

i wonder what they smell like

lol, j/k

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no hes way too private about his likes to ask someone to join him

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

if you don't think the feet are weird and obtrusive in a qt movie you probably have a foot fetish yourself

i always thought the foot stuff in qt movies was weird and obtrusive but i did not realize the guy just had a foot fetish until it was pointed out. probably because i do not have a foot fetish, and the idea of feet being sex organs is absurd.

really puts that whole back and forth between jules and vincent in pulp fiction into a whole new light though huh. he's got his characters arguing about a foot massage, insisting that it's not sexual, lol how crazy the very idea that you could compare a foot massage to a sex act, when tarantino absolutely knows it's sexual to him and he's just honking off the whole time about slipping his sex thing past the censors. loving gross

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sweevo posted:

last crusade was the 2nd best indy. temple of doom was always terrible. the female lead does nothing but scream and the ending where the kids in rags rush the stage feels like something straight out of a musical.

apparently both spielberg and lucas had gotten divorced just before they made that movie (screamy kate capshaw was spielberg's new girlfriend) and they intentionally made it gloomier and more depressing because they were both emo about their ex wives

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i remember hearing about how kate capshaw was considered a feminist icon before temple of doom

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i'm enjoying the wilds so far

also wild: y'all's weird obsession with tarantino's foot fetish, which is like 90% an internet meme

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

screamy kate capshaw was spielberg's new girlfriend

WOW it all makes sense now lmao

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/mistermoviespod/status/1337069814112776192

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Carthag Tuek posted:

im just so tired of all these franchises

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I'm like 99% sure he died in that, though. And isn't MCU set in the eternal present tense that hellworld forces upon us all?

:confused:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

really puts that whole back and forth between jules and vincent in pulp fiction into a whole new light though huh.

oh god

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schadenboner posted:

I'm like 99% sure he died in that, though. And isn't MCU set in the eternal present tense that hellworld forces upon us all?

:confused:

as far as I know this isn’t MCu spider man but continuation of amazing spider man with the guy from facebook movie who is spider man and the chick from superbad who is marijua jane

but also characters/actors from the kirsten dunst spider man movies

or am I quite wrong?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
remember when that dude is angry at zuckerberg in “the social network” and he slams his computer down

that was sick: love seeing computers trashed

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

as far as I know this isn’t MCu spider man but continuation of amazing spider man with the guy from facebook movie who is spider man and the chick from superbad who is marijua jane

or am I quite wrong?

This is Dancing Toby Spiderman then?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

remember when that dude is angry at zuckerberg in “the social network” and he slams his computer down

that was sick: love seeing computers trashed

i accidentally shut my dell jet plane laptop too hard back in the day and it killed the spinning hard drive (100gb, so big!)

fortunately dell was lenient enough to just overnight me a new hard drive at the time gratis

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

echinopsis posted:

or am I quite wrong?

yeah no there are three spiders-man franchises

1: toby maguire, crazy willem dafoe talking to himself, alfred molina doctor octopus, kirsten dunst mary jane, emo dancing in the street

2: peter parker is some guy who looks like twilight dude, emma stone (chick from superbad) as gwen stacy, don't remember any of the villains except there is an electrician who gets turned into electricity and i think he's called the shocker or something. only made 2 of these?

3: new little kid spider man from the avengers universe, mary jane is zendaya, aunt may is hot marisa tomei, the bad guys are michael keaton as a guy who sells guns and later jake gyllenhaal as a hollywood rear end in a top hat

anyway, i have no idea

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

incidentally i'm glad they made aunt may a 50-something lady because it made NO drat SENSE for her to be a decrepit old geezer. she is peter's mom's sister and so should be within a few years of his mom's age and peter is in high school. come on

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

incidentally i'm glad they made aunt may a 50-something lady because it made NO drat SENSE for her to be a decrepit old geezer. she is peter's mom's sister and so should be within a few years of his mom's age and peter is in high school. come on

"Aunt May"? More like "Mother May I?", ammirite?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

yeah no there are three spiders-man franchises

1: toby maguire, crazy willem dafoe talking to himself, alfred molina doctor octopus, kirsten dunst mary jane, emo dancing in the street

2: peter parker is some guy who looks like twilight dude, emma stone (chick from superbad) as gwen stacy, don't remember any of the villains except there is an electrician who gets turned into electricity and i think he's called the shocker or something. only made 2 of these?

3: new little kid spider man from the avengers universe, mary jane is zendaya, aunt may is hot marisa tomei, the bad guys are michael keaton as a guy who sells guns and later jake gyllenhaal as a hollywood rear end in a top hat

anyway, i have no idea

marissa tomei is .. well let’s just say she’s good

i was wrong it’s mcu spider-man they’re carrying on not emma stone one but : actors from other ones maybe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i just assumed she was always a great aunt, i didn't realize that they'd explicitly spelled out the relatedness

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what really matters

:qq: is that it’s illegal and unethical for them to have sex :qq:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

what really matters

:qq: is that it’s illegal and unethical for them to have sex :qq:

Mother's Sister or Mother's Sister-in-Law? If the latter and Uncle Ben is shooting rice rather than swimmers it's arguably unethical not to...

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

i know you're a smart, intelligent and interesting person but watching you come to these realizations is giving me a chuckle

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I should re-watch Yes, Minister. It was v.deece.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Schadenboner posted:

I should re-watch Yes, Minister. It was v.deece.

i was confusing that with father ted for some reason

looked it up and it seems similar to veep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

i was confusing that with father ted for some reason

looked it up and it seems similar to veep?
No, that's The Thick of It, but watch both.