Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

zegermans posted:

I like the scene where Sarah doesn't realize Arnold is a good guy when he gets off the elevator and is utterly terrified of him

It was definitely ruined by buzz, marketing, previews etc but what I wouldn’t have given to see t2 not already knowing that Arnold is the good guy. there is actually no overt indication as to which terminator is the good one until Arnold says GET DOWN. up until that moment we are all sarah connors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I'm always surprised by just how long t2 is, that movie just keeps going for 2h20 smth minutes

coathat
May 21, 2007

I'm glad Episode 1 brought us the truth of princess Dianna's death

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Honest Thief posted:

I'm always surprised by just how long t2 is, that movie just keeps going for 2h20 smth minutes

you reminded me of this video, some of the humor of which comes from it going and going, to the increasing desperation of the rapper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpngMC5TKM

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
T2 is so loving good goddamn. I love that movie. Literally a movie about how a cop is a cold killing machine that only pretends to be like you. loving great. Thanks Jim.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
So not exactly podcast related, but Jason Unruhe and the Serfs have gotten into an entertaining internet beef. Lance said that Unruhe looked like combination of Bowser and M. Bison which is just a perfect burn and I see no path to victory for Unruhe after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uen4LNUNMa8

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what's with the stonetoss dog

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

side_burned posted:

So not exactly podcast related, but Jason Unruhe and the Serfs have gotten into an entertaining internet beef. Lance said that Unruhe looked like combination of Bowser and M. Bison which is just a perfect burn and I see no path to victory for Unruhe after that.

His mighty nail bat will soon taste blood

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

terminator 1 is the only good terminator movie.

Agreed

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Puppy Galaxy posted:

finally someone said it. i also love coca cola and mcdonalds hamburgers

i want you to know at least one person appreciates your homage to a classic post

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
edit: is jason hurhe the same fat guy who talks about weightlifting while making ammo in a cowboy hat?

Doc Hawkins posted:

you reminded me of this video, some of the humor of which comes from it going and going, to the increasing desperation of the rapper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpngMC5TKM

region locked
:rip:

Honest Thief has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Dec 11, 2020

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

edit: is jason hurhe the same fat guy who talks about weightlifting while making ammo in a cowboy hat?

no the one we're talking about is a biden pundit

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Honest Thief posted:

Pretty much every blockbuster movie is 2 to 2 and a half hours long these days, its a credit to T2 that it flies by.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I do not understand how the phrase "spider nightmares" got funnier every time they said it.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

side_burned posted:

i have no context for this but it reminds me a lot of tim and eric and I like their work

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I wanted to get into Sarah Connor Chronicles. I heard a lot of people saying it was smarter than it had any right to be, and was basically canceled for not being the same kind of stupid fun as like 24 or whatever. And a few episodes in, I foudn that to be true. But I also found that it was ugly. It's an ugly, ugly show. The action scenes all look like boiled poo poo.

after years of reading posts from goons about the epic sequence where a terminator gets stuck in the past so he builds himself into a wall to kill a target i actually watched it and well. lol

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Virgil is looking more and more like Jon Oliver.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

after years of reading posts from goons about the epic sequence where a terminator gets stuck in the past so he builds himself into a wall to kill a target i actually watched it and well. lol

the scene where the jack mccall from deadwood terminator wipes out an entire division of fbi agents was kinda neat

Dumper Humper
Jul 15, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Farm Frenzy posted:

Thinking outside the box.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I’ve always thought it was kind of weird how Arnold Terminator in T2 could go “I cannot self terminate” but then hand Sarah the control box and then jump and grab the chain.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Nucleic Acids posted:

I’ve always thought it was kind of weird how Arnold Terminator in T2 could go “I cannot self terminate” but then hand Sarah the control box and then jump and grab the chain.

Read more Asimov

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gorn Myson posted:

Pretty much every blockbuster movie is 2 to 2 and a half hours long these days, its a credit to T2 that it flies by.

it's nowhere near the perfectly-edited pace of RoboCop

maybe Total Recall? The Running Man?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Victory Position posted:

robocop's also a half hour shorter

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the scene where the jack mccall from deadwood terminator wipes out an entire division of fbi agents was kinda neat

When the man comes around.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Victory Position posted:

Total recall comes in at just under 2 hours and doesn't drag once

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Crown of Mist: The Final Day of Princess Diana is fantastic. I highly recommend that all of you listen to it

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Terminator 2 set the stage for every piece of poo poo Terminator movie that followed

Terminator 1 was loving real, it could have loving happened, Terminator 1 was tangible and gritty and loving ruthless, no snark, no bullshit, no gimmick, just right to the loving point brutality. Terminator 2 was bullshit fantasy Universal Studios ride bullshit, that you would have enjoyed on the Universal Studios Gamecube game

I think Jeff Gerstmann is funny too

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Farm Frenzy posted:

Link

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

It was definitely ruined by buzz, marketing, previews etc but what I wouldn’t have given to see t2 not already knowing that Arnold is the good guy. there is actually no overt indication as to which terminator is the good one until Arnold says GET DOWN. up until that moment we are all sarah connors

arnold rescues john connor before that and john forces him to rescue his mum thus the reason they're there in the first place you idiot you absolute imbecile

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

https://youtu.be/jFxMgJw6KRk

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

crepeface posted:

arnold rescues john connor before that and john forces him to rescue his mum thus the reason they're there in the first place you idiot you absolute imbecile

he's talking about the part where he shoots the t-1000 in the arcade with the shotgun you idiot you absolute imbecile

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

crepeface posted:

obviously I was talking about the mall scene when both terminators are upon him in the hallway, when he says get down

lol nice one

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

now kiss

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

T-man posted:

now kiss

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
goddamnit owned again

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

I thought we were naming bad movies? The depiction of the terrorists is something else though, probably the most anti Muslim thing I’ve actually seen before 9/11

James Cameron made a movie where the good guy is a CIA agent and the bad guys want the US out of the Middle East.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i forgot that theres just a slideshow in the middle

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Prince Myshkin posted:

James Cameron made a movie where the good guy is a CIA agent and the bad guys want the US out of the Middle East.

i dunno seems pretty bappin to me :shrug:

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Cushvlog was about Brexit and some IRA and Troubles history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Honest Thief posted:

having rewatched it recently, there are parts where it really drags.