Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

If the game is aiming for realism I'm okay with this, because real life isn't constantly handing you easily digestible moral clarity

If the game is aiming for realism it does a remarkably poor job of it. It's not that it is morally grey so much as like... nothing actually seems to have any weight. Maybe that'll change later but at bare minimum Witcher 3 felt more of consequence early on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Photo Mode is super fun

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I started out with the intention of being tech heavy, using sniper rifles and pistols. Then I got a meat cleaver and used that, getting a taste for melee. Then I realized I had enough street cred to buy the legendary 3-mod katana at the vendor by your apartment. Now I have a 750 dps katana that turns me into an absolute blender and I'm putting all my points into melee.

So I guess uh...I'm now reflex/tech with a few dump points in cool. Works for me.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Wiltsghost posted:

Try verifying the game files? Played 3 hours with the patch and haven't had any issues.

i also restarted my pc. no troubles so far

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

it's a bit disappointing the vast majority of side quests are either combat missions or get a person/item out of an area with hostiles

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I haven't had any problems with the game itself so far, but man do they not want you remapping the controls. I want to use my Switch Pro Controller but all the inputs are treated as though they're an XBox controller -- if I press A it registers as B.

I've modified the inputUserMappings.xml and uiInputActions.xml such that I think the buttons act as intended ergonomically -- crouch is on the bottom button, jump is on the right button, weapons on the left button, etc, though not all of the in-game button hints are accurate. It says Press X to Draw Weapon when really I have to press Y (which is in the same location as XBox X). Though strangely it also says Press A to Continue in the UI and it actually means my A button, so possibly I did something wrong.

Does anyone know if anyone else has created a mod/patch/config file to map the game properly to a Switch Pro Controller layout?

For reference, here are the files I created, which seem to get the job done mechanically:

https://pastebin.com/pTbgpRG8 inputUserMappings.xml
https://pastebin.com/3acuZzKq uiInputActions.xml

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

shrike82 posted:

it's a bit disappointing the vast majority of side quests are either combat missions or get a person/item out of an area with hostiles

My favorite side quest so far is the boxing one just because the first NPC you meet is silly. Also I like punching people in video games.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm really regretting buying this on gog instead of steam. Every time I need to update the game for a 500mb patch it gobbles 60gigs and maxes out my ssd use to 100 and I end up having to reinstall the game. WTF

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Found this guy during a side gig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wcI10CNuxU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Pigbottom posted:

I'm really regretting buying this on gog instead of steam. Every time I need to update the game for a 500mb patch it gobbles 60gigs and maxes out my ssd use to 100 and I end up having to reinstall the game. WTF

lmao does gog download the full game every patch

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Yeah, that was kinda stupid. They didn't even change any lines.

Is health regen completely broken, or is it just me? It says I should regen 4 ticks per sec outside combat and 1 tick per sec in combat, but I have never seen my health regenerate ever.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
also;

the charge up jump is a huge qol improvement, you can find all sorts of secret paths slash just entering through the exit of a "dungeon," etc. I dunno if the double jump gets the same height ultimately or not.

gorilla arms are similarly huge and can one paunch most lads in watson, I assume mantis blades are the same but I don't think the lunge beats having a non-lethal but still powerful option in your back pocket at all times

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

are there any minigames at all?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

Is health regen completely broken, or is it just me? It says I should regen 4 ticks per sec outside combat and 1 tick per sec in combat, but I have never seen my health regenerate ever.

Sounds like you're bugged. My in / out of combat regeneration worked fine after getting the perks.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
What's the cutest outfit you've found

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
This game owns and I found a car with underglow

Yeah there's some jank but holy gently caress the world and atmosphere is so good and I'm a Hotline Miami hacker pistolman running down clubs full of bad men with my gun

I wish you could sit on more benches in-game

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Pigbottom posted:

Oh is this a GOG thing? This has been a pain for me too, do you think I can refund and get it back on Steam while keeping my saves?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Found a way to get cheaper augs, got the gorilla arms and I'm disappointed, I thought I would be able to open all the random red locked doors. I guess it's a way for brawling specced people to finally lockpick or something, I've been opening locked doors easily the whole time with stats.

Punching people to death is pretty fun though. The dude also had this fiberwire thing, regret not getting that to see what it does.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Artelier posted:

Oh is this a GOG thing? This has been a pain for me too, do you think I can refund and get it back on Steam while keeping my saves?
you should be able to use your gog save on the steam one.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The patch turned a buggy PS4 game into a solid PS3 game lmao

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

LifeSunDeath posted:

Found a way to get cheaper augs, got the gorilla arms and I'm disappointed, I thought I would be able to open all the random red locked doors. I guess it's a way for brawling specced people to finally lockpick or something, I've been opening locked doors easily the whole time with stats.

Punching people to death is pretty fun though. The dude also had this fiberwire thing, regret not getting that to see what it does.

I'm wondering what it means by the gorilla arm door capabilities, too. can't find any info, but I'm wondering if they let you punch doors down

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

LifeSunDeath posted:

All the locked doors without stats seem to be just flavor. Some of them might open up for specific quests, so it's a way to make the game world feel a bit deeper.

Also I don't understand how gorilla arms are supposed to work. I still have that 6/8 strength display on some doors that I had before I gained the arms too, and can't open them.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ymgve posted:

Yea outside combat no health can regen unless you get the perks for it or you eat food.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Holy poo poo that patch made my game way smoother, wtf.

On foot at least, still poo poo while driving.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 12, 2020

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

MarshyMcFly posted:

Yea outside combat no health can regen unless you get the perks for it or you eat food.

I do have the perks. I even got fricking body mods that are supposed to do it!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

so if I was sent the key, how do I get Jackie's bike

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

grieving for Gandalf posted:

so if I was sent the key, how do I get Jackie's bike

Follow the quest marker, you should have gained a quest for it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Simone Magus posted:

PS4 Slim patch report:

Massive improvement! Textures still tend to get stuck at lower resolutions outside, but generally everything is much improved. Driving around is perfectly smooth now.

gently caress it, I'm starting over lol

base PS4 and same, I went from three CTDs in two hours on day one to mild stuttering and pop-in on day two :laffo:

I did the street kid to get a taste of male V and it's weird how unresolved it is compared to nomad. Just you and Jackie loving up and then shrugging. Do I help that bartender later? What? It did lead a little better into the little montage movie I guess.

Question: do I have to pump tech to open doors with tech requirements or can I just rip them open with sick bodyt skillz and metal arms later? I got a gig to talk a good cop out of doing good but the quest marker is behind a 6 tech door and I'm only 3 tech. I never touch crafting my first time through the game so tech was gonna be my dump stat :saddowns:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ymgve posted:

Follow the quest marker, you should have gained a quest for it

"Heroes" finished with after I called the person and I ran back up to my apartment and got the key

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Advice for the devs: Not every game needs to be Sleeping Dogs. If your hand to hand combat is unfun, don't put boxing in your game. And don't make it unreasonably hard to make up for the fact that it lacks depth.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

shrike82 posted:

the photo mode

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Seriously, this is way way smoother on foot and inside now, hope they keep figuring out optimizations.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

welcome to my neighborhood

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

shrike82 posted:

This is the part that hurts me the most to say: no. theres fuckin arcades, pachinko machines, tons of poo poo already in game and you can't play it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

"Heroes" finished with after I called the person and I ran back up to my apartment and got the key

Check the "Call for Roach a car" menu - it might be listed under that.

Wolfsheim posted:

Question: do I have to pump tech to open doors with tech requirements or can I just rip them open with sick bodyt skillz and metal arms later? I got a gig to talk a good cop out of doing good but the quest marker is behind a 6 tech door and I'm only 3 tech. I never touch crafting my first time through the game so tech was gonna be my dump stat :saddowns:

All quests are completable without any enhancements. For that one, there is a climbing path outside the hotel that goes into her window

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Legendary quick hack passives for having them equip really up the power of hacking.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

ymgve posted:

Check the "Call for Roach a car" menu - it might be listed under that.

All quests are completable without any enhancements. For that one, there is a climbing path outside the hotel that goes into her window

There was a quest where I wasn't strong enough to force the door or smart enough to hack it and I'm standing there thinking I'm stuck under the person I'm doing it with shouts JUST SMASH THE drat WINDOW, V

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Uhm. I don't know anything about guns, but I feel this bad boy here should definetly not hit crit headshots for 7.8k.
Total god mode gun.

I'm running Int mostly, so I don't have a single perk point in Body or Reflexes (whatever scales rifle damage).

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Did this for me and it showed up under the menu to call your car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edit: moved to new page

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 12, 2020