Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 44 35.20%
No 81 64.80%
Total: 125 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Give money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
civil war 2021? sure why not how else can we make 2020 seem like an ok year

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

This needs to be shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_jrebvmPlk

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Godholio posted:

Fight on?

His people are going to keep filing bullshit lawsuits, they're just going to be extra super frivolous. poo poo like calling the Electoral Count Act unconstitutional because Dominion Chavez Communist Voting Machines. The next major "decision points" are:

December 14th: Electoral College votes
January 3rd: Georgia double runoff
January 6th: Congress tallies the Electoral College votes

A few Republican Senators are making noises that after the 14th (Monday), they will stop pretending that Biden didn't win. Expect Donnie to force them to stay quiet or yell at them, as he's obsessed with making everything up-or-down votes about him and "fighting". The wild card is currently McConnell, as he's obsessed with nothing but January 3rd. They need Donnie to shut the gently caress up and turn out his base, but he can't stop ranting.

Georgia counts their votes quick, so expect that to be wrapped up pretty soon after the election, probably by the 4th. Expect the usual yells about fraud and etc again. That will bleed into the 6th. Normally, Congress just rapidly signs off on the Electoral College vote, or a few dumbass House members (like what happened in 2016) protest and temporarily logjam things. The logjam gets statutorily longer if a Senate member joins a dumbass House member to file a protest. Donnie will be shopping for that to happen too because "he fights". Even if protests advance, the House will kill them, as it's a Democratic House and it needs both the House/Senate to agree.

But really, things are completely cooked after Monday the 14th. Up until now, it was mouth noises with a near-zero chance of changing anything. After the 14th, it's all mouth noises in a rapidly-emptying White House.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

So people on Ramstein AFB woke up to the big voice saying "Air attack, missile attack, this is not an exercise, seek shelter" today. Apparently it wasnt an accident, but the missile launch was determined to be part of a training exercise. Anyone else have any other info? Like, did Russia launch a missile to gently caress around, or what?

GoGoGadget fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Dec 12, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

GoGoGadget posted:

So people on Ramstein AFB woke up to the big voice saying "Air attack, missile attack, this is not an exercise, seek shelter" today. Apparently it wasnt an accident, but the missile launch was determined to be part of a training exercise. Anyone else have any other info? Like, did Russia launch a missile to gently caress around, or what?

Gee, thanks for letting your hosts know, America, real classy

t:mad:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

"See I've been saying all along Germany depends on us to look out for her" :sad:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

...does this count as a Stanislav Petrov type incident? Because I feel like "missile inbound from Russia to NATO air base on German soil" is one of those things that would be a nuclear spark.

Either way, my sympathies to everyone who has to do laundry at that air base. God drat that's going to be a lot of brown shorts to wash.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Now that I read into it a bit more, I think what happened was an alert authority above Ramstein in the chain sent out an exercise message as a real-world message, so Ramstein reacted to that with a real-world alert. So I don't think any actual missile was launched anywhere.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Gee, thanks for letting your hosts know, America, real classy

t:mad:

um well you see now here in 2020 we do everything including diplomacy via twitter

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Instead of just flagging trump tweets, twitter is preventing replying and interacting except for quote retweeting.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Hey this is totally cool and normal, Trump or someone in the administration invited the leader of the Proud Boys to the White House.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1337771241919422465

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Hey this is totally cool and normal, Trump or someone in the administration invited the leader of the Proud Boys to the White House.

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1337771241919422465

Someone brought up that's a picture from the north portico, why would you be there if you're visiting? While I wouldn't put it past trump to be so poo poo, I'd prefer this just to be a dipshit talking out his rear end.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I mean, Sherman was president of LSU when the war started

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Someone brought up that's a picture from the north portico, why would you be there if you're visiting? While I wouldn't put it past trump to be so poo poo, I'd prefer this just to be a dipshit talking out his rear end.

I mean, It'd be equally weird if the leader of the Proud Boys would be faking that the administration that all-but-openly supports them invited their leader to the WH...

But then again, they're all playing 88th-dimensional chess, soooo :confuoot:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, It'd be equally weird if the leader of the Proud Boys would be faking that the administration that all-but-openly supports them invited their leader to the WH...

But then again, they're all playing 88th-dimensional chess, soooo :confuoot:

It is still entirely baffling to me that a latino dude was allowed in a white power organization, it wasn't that long ago that italians and irish weren't considered white enough for some of these groups. I know logic isn't their strong point.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pine Cone Jones posted:

It is still entirely baffling to me that a latino dude was allowed in a white power organization, it wasn't that long ago that italians and irish weren't considered white enough for some of these groups. I know logic isn't their strong point.

The claim to not be white supremacist, but "western civilization supremacist" or whatever. So they allow a few token "good ones" in who support them to prove it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Any port in a storm something something. I'm sure if they ever achieve their goals, their non-white members would be the first against the wall.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stultus Maximus posted:

The claim to not be white supremacist, but "western civilization supremacist" or whatever. So they allow a few token "good ones" in who support them to prove it.

Didn't they just have an internal coup and go full white supremacists, or was that boogaloo bois?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RFC2324 posted:

Didn't they just have an internal coup and go full white supremacists, or was that boogaloo bois?

It wouldn’t be the latter, since it’s about as centralized and unified as people under the Antifa banner.

But yeah it was the none cool and non gay Proud Boys.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Not sure where I heard this (pretty sure it was Behind thr Bastards), but I heard a description of a cartoon by modern fascists (from Stormfront or somewhere like that) that depicted Hitler, Hirohito, and Mussolini. Mussolini was drawn as a black man in racist-stereotype style, because Italians aren't white in that worldview.

I would love to find it but I would not love the search history it would result in, incognito or not.

RFC2324 posted:

Nah that was them, Kyle Whatshisface aka Based Stickman took over (or claims to), and I hate myself for being aware of any of this.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Boogaloo is an anti-government ideology, not a group.

Proud Boys are “proud western chauvinists” and claim to not be racist so they use minority members as a fig leaf.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Discussion Quorum posted:

Nah that was them, Kyle Whatshisface aka Based Stickman took over (or claims to), and I hate myself for being aware of any of this.

Kyle Chapman, self-proclaimed leader of the “Proud Goys”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

I mean, Sherman was president of LSU when the war started

Here’s what he wrote to a professor there on Christmas Eve 1860.

quote:

You people of the South don't know what you are doing. This country will be drenched in blood, and God only knows how it will end. It is all folly, madness, a crime against civilization! You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

What’s old is new again

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Woofer posted:

What’s old is new again

Kinda. The South has *meth* now.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Kinda. The South has *meth* now.

So did the Nazis, and that didn't help them.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Every indication is that the proud boy gently caress went on a public White House tour today and is spinning it. Same thing happened in 2018 with an Identity Evropa gently caress.

Weird how the Donnie White House attracts racists for tours!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

Here’s what he wrote to a professor there on Christmas Eve 1860.

God I love Sherman, I’ve read the letter in the past, the man was light years ahead of so many others in war and politics.

I mean he wouldn’t send me Hanukah card, but it’s cool (but he also wouldn’t kick me out of Kentucky*)

*Grant made legitimate amends and is also fhe loving man.

Seriously Grant and Sherman were like The Road Warriors and the South were some schulb jobber.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

“General Grant is a great general. I know him well. He stood by me when I was crazy*, and I stood by him when he was drunk; and now, sir we stand by each other always.”

*Alluding to the reports so maliciously circulated of Sherman’s insanity and Grant’s intemperance.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yep the Road Warriors...with less steroids and more brains.

Man really had a fantastic way with words.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/KaSpad/status/1337787059889565697?s=20

https://twitter.com/KaSpad/status/1337787080391290881?s=20

Why do national papers pay opinion writers for garbage columns like this? Cool that he spends the majority of the article on honorary degrees which Dr Biden does not have

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Nick Soapdish posted:

Why do national papers pay opinion writers for garbage columns like this? Cool that he spends the majority of the article on honorary degrees which Dr Biden does not have

The WSJ editorial page has always been the absolute rock bottom worst.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That was stone cold loving garbage that was

Instead of Jill Biden stowing the doctor maybe this dimwit should stow his opinion deep up his own rear end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Firefox has random articles it thinks I might want to read when I open a tab, which I mostly don't, but this one about Johnny Depp caught my attention:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hes-radioactive-inside-johnny-depps-self-made-implosion?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Is he the Hollywood equivalent of Donald Trump where he has a cult of devout followers willing to defend him to the ends of the Earth in spite of the fact he's a piece of poo poo? Not saying Amber is an angel free of blame, but a UK court recently ruled "Yeah, you abused her at least 12 times".

I don't follow entertainment at all, I just remember seeing Amber Heard's claims of abuse met by "NUH-UH JOHNNY WOULDN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID THE VIOLENCE" on social media, which seems to run counter to the "support women who have been abused, violence against women isn't cool" train (which is the right one to ride).

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

Firefox has random articles it thinks I might want to read when I open a tab, which I mostly don't, but this one about Johnny Depp caught my attention:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hes-radioactive-inside-johnny-depps-self-made-implosion?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Is he the Hollywood equivalent of Donald Trump where he has a cult of devout followers willing to defend him to the ends of the Earth in spite of the fact he's a piece of poo poo? Not saying Amber is an angel free of blame, but a UK court recently ruled "Yeah, you abused her at least 12 times".

I don't follow entertainment at all, I just remember seeing Amber Heard's claims of abuse met by "NUH-UH JOHNNY WOULDN'T DO THAT, YOU'RE THE ONE WHO DID THE VIOLENCE" on social media, which seems to run counter to the "support women who have been abused, violence against women isn't cool" train (which is the right one to ride).

From what little I have seen about it, it looked like they were both terrible people in a mutually toxic relationship.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://news.yahoo.com/louisville-protester-kris-smith-fatally-030406257.html

Protest leaders in Louisville just keep ending up shot dead in their cars :iiam:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Nick Soapdish posted:

Why do national papers pay opinion writers for garbage columns like this?

class solidarity. cultural production that reinforces the significance of elite professional/managerial class markers such as degrees, certifications, and even just getting printed in newspapers in the forst place! i have to post my idiocy in a dead forum!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamWeinstein/status/1337868425289478146?s=19

Every year my dad brings up rooting for Navy and every year I remind him I graduated from a Big Ten school so why would I give a gently caress about Miss from Annapolis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nick Soapdish posted:

Because anyone who gets their news from newspapers anymore is old and conservative as hell and they cater to them. Also their owners are likewise