Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/IAmGryphoneer/status/1337816460689813504

For every award given to Cyberpunk for excellence in writing I will destroy one universe.

:wtc:

Is anything like this in Witcher 3? Because I still intend to play through that one day and it seemed ok from the first few hours I tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
nm, misread

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Convex posted:

:wtc:

Is anything like this in Witcher 3? Because I still intend to play through that one day and it seemed ok from the first few hours I tried.

not really, when Wild Hunt attempted contemporary "humor" it consisted of dadjoke-level gags about GOG or Monkey Island

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

For every award given to Cyberpunk for excellence in writing I will destroy one universe.
This is how they report vehicle statistics. Like I've seen almost that exact wording regarding motorcycle accidents vs registration.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Spring Break My Heart posted:

This is how they report vehicle statistics. Like I've seen almost that exact wording regarding motorcycle accidents vs registration.

Yeah uh this is a nothingburger

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

excited for cheetah's eventual 13 sentinels protagonist ranking

also looking forward to seeing some hasty goty revisions

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've already been considering bumping something off my list to make room for the NES fire emblem which I just finished

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are the chances it comes out on non-PS4 platforms

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

most vanillaware games have come out on other things, eventually

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

What are the chances it comes out on non-PS4 platforms

NES Fire Emblem is already exclusively on Switch!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

homeless snail posted:

most vanillaware games have come out on other things, eventually

You got me excited but i checked, you probably meant “comes out on later playstations “

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Or the Vita.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This seems like one hell of a stretch. That's not uncommon language for discussing disproportional representation in any context, particularly vehicles. It's not that difficult to Google. I'd say half of the results on the first page for me use that same phrase.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
This whistle doesn't make any noise when I blow on it, but the dogs absolute hate it, curious.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Unless that specific statistic is one often quoted by chuds, I agree it's not hugely likely to be intentional. Hard to be 100% sure though given the other poo poo that's crept out of CDPR in the last few years.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

stev posted:

Or the Vita.

please vanillaware free muramasa rebirth from the vita...

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

stev posted:

Unless that specific statistic is one often quoted by chuds, I agree it's not hugely likely to be intentional. Hard to be 100% sure though given the other poo poo that's crept out of CDPR in the last few years.

It's boilerplate statistical jargon as said. And if it's a reference to anything, in the 80s there was a model of car that news reported in the same way - Porsche, I think? Where the accident rate was insanely higher than the ownership rate in the exact same way

Then again I'm not familiar with racist right wing memes

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Simone Magus posted:

It's boilerplate statistical jargon as said. And if it's a reference to anything, in the 80s there was a model of car that news reported in the same way - Porsche, I think? Where the accident rate was insanely higher than the ownership rate in the exact same way

Then again I'm not familiar with racist right wing memes
I think it was the Ford Pinto which was found to burst into flames during minor collisions, and the car in question actually looks a lot like a Pinto

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Volte posted:

I think it was the Ford Pinto which was found to burst into flames during minor collisions, and the car in question actually looks a lot like a Pinto

You're actually right. I think we cracked the case

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Does anyone know any good browser games? Multiplayer or singleplayer.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If I wanted an arcade cabinet with more than the 2-6 games that the officially licensed ones offer (seriously, 400 bucks to play Ms. Pac-Man?), is this a good idea

https://www.etsy.com/listing/854823192/43-4k-hd-4-player-retro-arcade-cabinet?ref=shop_home_active_2&crt=1&variation0=1524413358

I know basically what MAME is, but I'd rather just buy a completely built and ready to go solution if I could.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thats a really ugly cabinet and $1500 is nuts imo, i've seen people selling prefab mame cabinets for like 1/3rd of that price, but its your money

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
1500 is enough to kit out a cab that has actual arcade hardware running one of those multi game carts

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man Indivisible is uh.......so poorly paced you would think it's a joke. The main character goes to the top of a hill where you meet her dad. She gets mad at the dad for beating her in a training fight, accuses him of being a bad dad and yells a bunch of exposition questions at him like "I'm mad at you because you never told me how mom died or where you were from!" and the dad gets mad and goes back to town. You follow about ten seconds behind him and the village is now on fire and everyone is dead so you immediately make up with your dad who is also now dead, get into a fight with the villain who you then absorb and force to join your party, then you meet a tiger lady who you've never met before and you absorb her too and her response is "oh, okay"

This all happens in the span of THREE MINUTES

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man Indivisible is uh.......so poorly paced you would think it's a joke. The main character goes to the top of a hill where you meet her dad. She gets mad at the dad for beating her in a training fight, accuses him of being a bad dad and yells a bunch of exposition questions at him like "I'm mad at you because you never told me how mom died or where you were from!" and the dad gets mad and goes back to town. You follow about ten seconds behind him and the village is now on fire and everyone is dead so you immediately make up with your dad who is also now dead, get into a fight with the villain who you then absorb and force to join your party, then you meet a tiger lady who you've never met before and you absorb her too and her response is "oh, okay"

This almost reads like it's an intentional reaction to the opening of Valkyrie Profile, where the time it takes to get your first two real party members is much, much longer and has a lot of just sitting around in dialogue scenes. It's like the polar opposite of that.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

homeless snail posted:

thats a really ugly cabinet and $1500 is nuts imo, i've seen people selling prefab mame cabinets for like 1/3rd of that price, but its your money

Where? I've just started looking and I have no conception of what you get for your money

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The amount of hyperbole of Cyberpunk's "racism" and "sexism" is crazy to me. Ten hours in and the game seems great on those fronts, at least relative to other massive AAA titles.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Indivisible is just really really bad. It has great animation and a fun wise cracking party member, but besides that it is painfully unfinished. Mike Z is bad at game development, and as a human being.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 13, 2020

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Counterpoint: Indivisible is good. But yeah the pacing is bonkers. Halfway through, high on her own supply, the protagonist challenges the final boss and eats poo poo, dooming the world. Significant story spoilers but you should click if you aren’t planning to play it

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Yeah I just got to the elevator in the prison dungeon thing and I'm comfortable in just putting the game down forever. The combat isn't that fun for how much of it I'm having to do and the maps are absolutely massive despite being mostly filled with nothing

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hold up until the last two words

https://twitter.com/PCGamesN/status/1337879903224516608

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It is three centuries in the future. The entire human race has been locked in war for so long no one can remember when it started. The emperors of a dozen planets vie for power in a star-spanning struggle for dominance. The ultimate prize, held in an impregnable vault in the very core of the galaxy itself, the last chicken dinner ever made.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Does PUBG actually have lore? Or does it have lore in the way that Fortnite does, i.e. disconnected marketting tie-ins occur without rhyme or reason?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CottonWolf posted:

Does PUBG actually have lore? Or does it have lore in the way that Fortnite does, i.e. disconnected marketting tie-ins occur without rhyme or reason?

disconnected marketing tie-ins is a good way to put it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
On that note it's really bizarre to me when like LoL and DOTA will have full spin offs and other long haul marketing initiatives dedicated to characters named like Sniper Rogue or Storm Sorcerer.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

On that note it's really bizarre to me when like LoL and DOTA will have full spin offs and other long haul marketing initiatives dedicated to characters named like Sniper Rogue or Storm Sorcerer.

i think you'll find its Storm Spirit

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All I want to know is the basic justification for sending a hundred soldiers onto an island to fight to the death?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

All I want to know is the basic justification for sending a hundred soldiers onto an island to fight to the death?

did you not see Battle Royale

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth

Jay Rust posted:

2021 job market is harsh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ok is it the same justification as the movie? Something about a policy to curb juvenile delinquency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

JollyBoyJohn posted:

No. That's children. That makes perfect sense.