Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Mang Tomas posted:

Wouldn’t tart be a good sub carry for Ning as main DPS? He does buff her left click. What’s the best team for tart?

I'm lazy so I run Tart in my Ning group for like, overworld stuff and dalies and so forth, but I'm not really confident on the math that he's going to be better than someone else if you are willing to frequently switch when Q abilities come up or whatever. But yeah Ning does so much basic attacking he certainly is worth having in the group if you don't have another plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Mang Tomas posted:

What’s the best team for tart?

Tart loves XL for vaporize procs since her abilities stay on the field when she isn't. Ditto for Fischl. Bennett is a solid support for his ability to help charge XL ult while making you near unkillable, invaluable on cooldowns. For Tart you want to prioritize making reactions proc while he melees everything to death, and since he drops stance on swap you want the reaction help on the field before he Es. Anyone who can drop things on the field for him to play with is good.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ningguang's also good for blowing up Ruin Hunters/Guards because she dishes out tracking elemental attacks which ruin hunters/guards don't resist as well as physical damage.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Also it feels great to watch those homing missiles slam into the jade screen instead of into you

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Honestly it might be worth leveling Ning just for the 5* difficulty Hunter bounties that are routinely immune to Pyro/Hydro. gently caress those bastards.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dogsicle posted:

the game should really not exist on PS4/5 based on everything i've heard about it (even before this thread). if Sony wasn't so anal about their online/account stuff it could feasibly just tie into mihoyo's account system so you could at least swap to a playable version but, lol

Many other games solved it, though...

...by not implementing crossplay :lol:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Many other games solved it, though...

...by not implementing crossplay :lol:

I'm super glad they did - the reason I started the PS4 account in the first place is that it meant we have enough devices in the house so that we can play as a family with wife and kids. It's very fun to explore together. My eldest is doing a school report on the game :3:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
tart is complicated because he wants other chars to be offscreen while he's doing his thing (eg xl fish and bennet are amazing), and when that's going on he's amazing.
but then if things take TOO long to kill, and he spends too long in melee form, you're left holding your dick in your hand for like 30 seconds while melee cools down again. So you cant afford to ignore your supports.
bennet can be great for this because a) he's pyro which is OP as poo poo and b) he's healing-sustainable with his infiniburst. gear him for not-pure support and it works pretty well.

(unless you're doing overworld stuff in which case lol do whatever)

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

zgrowler2 posted:

Tart loves XL for vaporize procs since her abilities stay on the field when she isn't. Ditto for Fischl. Bennett is a solid support for his ability to help charge XL ult while making you near unkillable, invaluable on cooldowns. For Tart you want to prioritize making reactions proc while he melees everything to death, and since he drops stance on swap you want the reaction help on the field before he Es. Anyone who can drop things on the field for him to play with is good.

The above, Xiangling, Beidou, Bennet, Fischl, hell even shield characters like Noelle or Xinyan are good for him. Especially if one of those are built to be DPS when he's waiting on his ability cooldown.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Dec 12, 2020

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Yeah, I’m running a Ning C1 as main with XQ/Bennet/Fischl and I’m ten other so away from my first pity 5*. Absolutely saving for Albedo.

Also, getting Bennet to his fourth ascension is loving hilarious. Fantastic Voyage with over 80% uptime? L O loving L. I really hope to get a constellation or two for him. Even his first would be a huge bonus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Bennetts C1 is a huge gamechanger for him.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

How the gently caress am I even supposed to get from either of the closest waypoints to the goal for the Good Hunter run today this is bullshit.

I don't need 60 primos that badly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bussamove posted:

How the gently caress am I even supposed to get from either of the closest waypoints to the goal for the Good Hunter run today this is bullshit.

Zhongli and Venti made it pretty easy to scale that mountain lol

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Zhongli and Venti made it pretty easy to scale that mountain lol

Let me tell you about 5* I do not have. :v:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So uh, what do I need to know about Keqing

Everything I've seen about her up until now was a black hole of words that I never bothered reading because I assumed I'd never get her

For starters, I've got R2 Flute, R2 Rancour, and R1 Black Sword, which one is the best choice for her?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
R1 black sword.

Most of the keqing word salad was just people coming to terms with how GI's combat system worked in general, there's nothing complicated about the character (DO read her first ascension talent however). Long-term just go 2 TF + 2Glad/2Noblesse, it's easy to farm and good in every comp.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 12, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

S.J. posted:

The above, Xiangling, Beidou, Bennet, Fischl, hell even shield characters like Noelle or Xinyan are good for him. Especially if one of those are built to be DPS when he's waiting on his ability cooldown.

Yeah I've been running this group with Tart, plus I've leveled Ning along with him, and I honestly don't feel like I have to roll again for anything besides character coolness.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

inthesto posted:

So uh, what do I need to know about Keqing

Everything I've seen about her up until now was a black hole of words that I never bothered reading because I assumed I'd never get her

For starters, I've got R2 Flute, R2 Rancour, and R1 Black Sword, which one is the best choice for her?

Black Sword 100%. Your priorities for upgrading her talents should be 1) Normal attacks 2) Super 3) Special, in that order. Try and grab 2 pc Fury and 2 pc Gladiator to start out with and an electro goblet.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah I've been running this group with Tart, plus I've leveled Ning along with him, and I honestly don't feel like I have to roll again for anything besides character coolness.

Yeah, it just loving shreds.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I'm glad I picked Mondstadt to level first, because I'm probably going to have to use the teleporter for the remaining delivery quests. I've got a PS4 slim, so I'm losing 30 seconds on the clock.

I hope they are planning some sort of optimization for console players soon, I did the Chi of Guyun quest today and the vault section was nearly impossible with all of the lag.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keqing's best dps is spamming her charge attack, which makes her good for bosses that don't move from charge attacks and have limited moments of vulnerability (like Childe or Elemental Cubes).

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Bussamove posted:

It's actually easy. Go to the riverside waypoint just north of it. Then turn around, climb up that mountain using the ruined wall to shave a bunch of time off of it and jump off the ridge to the destination.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 12, 2020

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

dogsicle posted:

the game should really not exist on PS4/5 based on everything i've heard about it (even before this thread). if Sony wasn't so anal about their online/account stuff it could feasibly just tie into mihoyo's account system so you could at least swap to a playable version but, lol

Yeah I started on ps4 to try it out but once I realized I liked the game (even got up to like ar 22 lol) i made the switch to PC.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Being on Not-Ps4 already pays off because I can just use my phone to buy some condensed resin and play later.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

so whats the secret for leveling artifacts. I've managed to grind up levels for Diluc and Tart in the last month but still can't really use em cuz i ain't got anywhere near enough artifact xp to make them good. Even have pretty decent sets on them too.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

check the respawning artifact points in the overworld and farm artifact domains for more to use as fodder. i just go through all those artifact spawns once a day despite some having 12hr respawns.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

also yeah the food deliveries are cute puzzles, they aren't meant to be frustrating they are all easily doable they just require you know, solving it. i like them its a neat way to make the game different.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

kater posted:

so whats the secret for leveling artifacts. I've managed to grind up levels for Diluc and Tart in the last month but still can't really use em cuz i ain't got anywhere near enough artifact xp to make them good. Even have pretty decent sets on them too.

You will get bad artifacts from the result of farming for good ones

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I should probably bother to learn the artifact farming routes to get ready for the new cryo & hydro sets coming in 1.2. I'm definitely going to want both for Childe & Chongyun respectively.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Artifact routes give you 10% of the xp you need to level a 5* arti from 1-20. So it adds up to be very significant, but over the course of months.

There's no other real secret to farming artifact XP. I think it's expected to be a large part of your resin spend post-AR 45.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Dec 13, 2020

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the respawning artifact points aren't much overall, the main thing is you can do it daily and it doesn't cost resin so it's basically one of the few sources of "free" XP. It's something you can avoid if its tedious or your play time is limited but that and mining crystal nodes are still a good habit to get into if you run out of resin but still want to play for a while.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Bussamove posted:

Archonex posted:

It's actually easy. Go to the riverside waypoint just north of it. Then turn around, climb up that mountain using the ruined wall to shave a bunch of time off of it and jump off the ridge to the destination.

To expand a bit, and assuming you're not posting from beyond the horizon, here's something like what the route looks like:

Some crossbow hilichurls will spawn as you head northwest, so it's better to swing farther north to get out of their line of sight before climbing. After that, it's smooth sailing, and should leave you with nearly 40 seconds to spare (on PC, anyway).

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Bussamove posted:

Have you maxed your stamina with the geoculus and anemoculus? You can even use food to make your stamina boosted. It's relatively straightforward challenge on stamina management.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tenik posted:

I'm having some trouble doing the AR 45 domain for the Crimson Witch artifacts, mostly because my DPS are pyro or electro. Can someone recommend a party that can take care of the slimes there?

Diluc/XQ/Barbara/Kaeya. Brute force slimes weaving in XQ/Kaeya Es just for damage. You could also use Razor, but once you're past the slimes Diluc is going to be bigger damage.

I pulled for Chong on this banner and blew all the resources leveling him specifically for that dungeon. An alternative, if you have a level 80 support that the community approves of, is co-op.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

No Wave posted:

My plan is to pre-farm half of my weapon mats, wait until the weapon mat event in 1.2 then farm the rest, then mostly do nothing but artifact domains, weekly bosses and events until AR55 when the boss 5* drop is guaranteed. Any xp/mora from BP and events will go towards bringing my other supports closer to level 78.

~19k.

Where are you seeing what the weapon mats are?

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Asimo posted:

Yeah the respawning artifact points aren't much overall, the main thing is you can do it daily and it doesn't cost resin so it's basically one of the few sources of "free" XP. It's something you can avoid if its tedious or your play time is limited but that and mining crystal nodes are still a good habit to get into if you run out of resin but still want to play for a while.

There really needs to be a better way of levelling artifacts. doesn't have to be easier, just... better.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Let us shove weapons into artifacts or give us an artifact equivalent to crystals. Would go a long way to making artifact grind less painful.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I found the whole artifact system surprisingly bearable, and it's kind of slow I guess but it's not like there's content anyways. The only part that really sucks is finding crit rate/crit dmg helmets. You've got a 1.5% combined chance to find a crit rate hat or an elemental cup in the set you want per run and you really need one of these for any 4-piece set.

Jinnigan posted:

Where are you seeing what the weapon mats are?
Not sure what you mean - I saw a leak a while back where there were weapon mats in one of the three 1.2 event shops the same way talent books were for the fischl event.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and then they show up at 4* rarity, or with bad substats :)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can usually expect the last item in your 4-piece to be bad, that's just how it works. By the time you find a crit hat you'll usually have had plenty of time to be selective with flower/feather.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Batigh posted:

To expand a bit, and assuming you're not posting from beyond the horizon, here's something like what the route looks like:

Some crossbow hilichurls will spawn as you head northwest, so it's better to swing farther north to get out of their line of sight before climbing. After that, it's smooth sailing, and should leave you with nearly 40 seconds to spare (on PC, anyway).

Yeah, this one took me a bit because I was initially trying to come in front Stone Gate since I couldn't see how to get across the water from the closer waypoint. Figured it out eventually though.