Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

I wish Mexican food would exist here :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Glutes Are Great posted:

Just cook your own! it's 80% mince, onions and chilli anyway

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

Yeah I might go on another taco challenge soon. Or maybe expand to a burrito?
If so I need to live post my ingredients hunt as well as the results though because after doing the last one I feel posting about Mexican food is mandatory

Goons Are Gifts

What I'm saying is, get Mexican food today and post about it tia

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Now that you have an oven your kitchen is open to so many possible Mexican foods as well :peanut:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Escape From Noise

Making flour tortillas isn't super difficult if you have a large cast iron pan or skillet. Masa harina can be harder to come by. I suppose I could order it online myself

more falafel please

forums poster

yeah I guess if it's hard to get dried chilies and stuff that would be difficult. I've just never lived anywhere where I couldn't buy a pound of dried guajillo or chile de arbol etc for like $4 and be back home within 10 minutes

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

more falafel please

forums poster

Glutes Are Great posted:

What I'm saying is, get Mexican food today and post about it tia

if you can find corn tortillas (or masa harina to make them) you can make enchiladas. you might have to make some substitutions for cheese especially but you can definitely find something that'll work

more falafel please

forums poster

Rarity posted:

Just cook your own! it's 80% mince, onions and chilli anyway

see this is where you're confusing Mexican food with Iowa Taco Night

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Glutes Are Great posted:

There is a """Mexican""" all you can eat buffet nearby in Valkenberg.
We all put on sombrero hats and there was a noisy parrot next to us the whole time.
5/10

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Hello, we talkin 'males?

Wilmott Snipes

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Sorry just gonna pass out but I love tamales and also have opinions about them. You guys are all awesome...

Papa Was A Video Toaster

tamales are good OP

Escape From Noise

I wish I could make tamales. Maybe I can find Masa online

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Tamales are my favorite, I wish I had some right now.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Good morning.
G'mungo.
G'mango.
Good mango.
Gold mango.

Tamales are tasty, as are tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and enchiladas.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
hlo

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

gold mango

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

biosterous

Stoner Sloth posted:

also i miss some posters i haven't seen around in a while Chewbecca and Owlhawk911 particularly - hope all absent yobbers find their way back home to post with us!!

owlhawk posted itt that he's taking a break for a bit, with a friendly wave :)

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

i am very happy with my decision to start making cold brew instead of relying on the terrible free coffee at work

it's good to remember that coffee can actually taste really good instead of terrible!

gallery of sigs

he/him

alnilam

My 18 hour initiation has made me Powerful

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

I'm baking some seeds from a Japanese pumpkin and they are currently exploding! Excitement!

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'm baking some seeds from a Japanese pumpkin and they are currently exploding! Excitement!

food explosions are among the most exciting accidents

also hello welcome and chat - it is very snowy today. i don't want it.
e: actually i'm going to make some coffee and go catch a snowflake on my tongue winter rulez

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Goons Are Gifts

I wish it would snow here

Goons Are Gifts

My ants are surprisingly active in the fridge. They just appear to be like, lol screw winter, we just gonna keep being busy little guys and work comically slow because we depend on heat

Heather Papps

hello friend

is it possible you are selectively breeding for cold tolerance? i know fruitflies breed mega quick so you can see changes very fast thru generations, but you've had these ants for a while right? this is brunhildes queendom?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Derpies

by sebmojo
Gonna make Chile Verde today thanks 2 this thread and might even turn them into Chile Verde enchiladas

Goons Are Gifts

Heather Papps posted:

is it possible you are selectively breeding for cold tolerance? i know fruitflies breed mega quick so you can see changes very fast thru generations, but you've had these ants for a while right? this is brunhildes queendom?

Yes it is but no that's impossible. They all come from the same mommy and a selection of daddies Brunhilde hosed before moving in with me, so it's all the same genetic material. Even if mutation happen during recombination of a few eggs, it couldn't catch on as the resulting worker would never have sex to carry over the genes.
Plus it's unlikely my fridge manages to do what the last thousand years of European weather couldn't.

Although it would be sick as hell if I end up being the birthplace of mutated super ants that will soon take over my fridge, then my home, then the city and then the world

I mean it's ants I wouldn't rule anything out here

Goons Are Gifts

Seriously Australia has submarine ants that live in the sea I mean actually maybe HP you're right I should be careful ants can do everything

Goons Are Gifts

The Martian 2, this time Matt Damon crashes on the venus but he's not alone, ants have conquered the planet millenia ago

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Glutes Are Great posted:

The Martian 2, this time Matt Damon crashes on the venus but he's not alone, ants have conquered the planet millenia ago

:munch:

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i've noticed a lot of goblin butts in sigs just now

well done byob

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Post you are favorite recipe, maybe for chrimus cookie

biosterous

here is my favourite recipe for bag of microwave popcorn:

1. take the bag of popcorn out of the box
2. put it in the microwave
3. microwave it for 2min30s
4. remove it and open it in the way that doesn't scald your hands with steam. i really recommend doing it this way instead of the other way, because the other way tends to scald your hands with steam
5. eat the popcorn

gallery of sigs

he/him

biosterous

okay here is an actual recipe, for the pasta sauce i have simmering right now:

1. brown 1/2lb of ground beef over medium heat, 5min or so. do this with oil, or not, depending on how fatty your beef is
2. add a chopped onion, and some butter, saute for like another 5 min
3. add a can of crushed tomato. the big ones that you can heft one-handed, not the huge ones, or the little ones that you could conceivably juggle. also add salt and pepper and spices. i usually use common italian spices for this but by all means use what you like! it's your pasta sauce not mine!
4. bring it to a simmer, then turn the heat down and put a lid on it for a bunch of time. 30min if you're in a rush, but longer brings the flavours out more.
5. taste it, see if it needs salt or w/e, then add it to a food, perhaps a pasta or a toast?

gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

Derpies posted:

Gonna make Chile Verde today thanks 2 this thread and might even turn them into Chile Verde enchiladas

Pls post the enchiladas so that GaG can see them and perhaps try to find some in Germany. We must spread the gospel of Mexican food to the far corners of the earth...

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

The place I'm going to tonight is pretty good. Run by a Japanese guy who goes to Mexico pretty regularly. It's not the best I've ever had but it's solid and a bit cheaper than other places.

...like this guy is doing

SIDS Vicious

i went way different with this painting but im so dang happy with it

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Sid Vicious posted:

i went way different with this painting but im so dang happy with it

Holy poo poo :five:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Dude that's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Rarity posted:

Dude that's awesome