Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

TotalHell posted:

Get your Chaos Cultist models on Shapeways!

I'm not sure what that pose is, she's almost waving? I can't make out the expression but it looks weird.. like a carved pumpkin smile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
It's a model of "cultist-chan" from 1d4chan. I'm sorry I know this.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Silhouette posted:

why is its hair made of calamari

Sheeee has kaaptured eet for kaos!

Also:

Mr. Sunshine posted:

I'm sorry I know this.

:same:

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Ugleb posted:

60p for a GW product.

GW stuff used to be incredibly cheap back in ye olden days, you could get an entire squad of troopers for like $8 or whatever.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

DreadUnknown posted:

GW stuff used to be incredibly cheap back in ye olden days, you could get an entire squad of troopers for like $8 or whatever.

Oh I remember buying blister packs with modest pocket money, don't you worry! I'm just wondering if GW sell anything for less than £2 these days, let alone minis.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Ugleb posted:

Oh I remember buying blister packs with modest pocket money, don't you worry! I'm just wondering if GW sell anything for less than £2 these days, let alone minis.

The pips on the low end of a die.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Mr. Sunshine posted:

It's a model of "cultist-chan" from 1d4chan. I'm sorry I know this.

The fact that this character is one of the /good/ things to come out of 40k fandom...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bullets, one of my many elemental weaknesses

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Matt Daemon I get it

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Add a purple guitar and run him as a Matt Daemon Prince.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

TotalHell posted:

Add a purple guitar and run him as a Matt Daemon Prince.

All it needs is some Ultra Matte Varnish.... to be Ultra Matte Daemon Prince

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

i like them

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

wrong thread

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ah, time for Crab

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

please tell me this is part of an entire army based on the first level of metal slug 3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
:yeeclaw:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Boy, someone's grouchy.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:yeeclaw:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

:nws: :nms:

from the mini painting thread lol

Chatrapati posted:

Hello painting goons. I would like some advice about a miniature I want to get for a Christmas gift- this one in particular. Though any from this series look good (I just happen to know that the recipient likes naked women).

These miniatures come unpainted, and I don't know, nor am I in a position to know what paints the recipient has, though he used to paint things similar to this. I do know he hasn't painted in a while, so it's possible that any paints he does have are dried out. I want therefore, to know if it is feasible to get paints which would be suitable for this on a budget. The guides on this thread seem to suggest mixing different types of £4~ paints to get one particular colour, which suggests to me, that in order to paint a single miniature multiple colours, it would take a lot of money. Is that correct? Or is there a pre-made paint-set that I can buy that would be suitable for this kind of thing?

I can probably get around 5, maybe 6 paints at that price in addition to the model.

It's totally possible that I simply don't have enough money for this gift, which would be a shame, but I'd like to know.

If I don't have enough money, do you guys happen to know about early 20th century/late 19th century, North African miniatures at this size (28mm) which maybe come pre-painted or might be more attainable for me? Most of his stuff is French Foreign Legion, but I bet he'd be happy with anything along that same theme.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Cat Face Joe posted:

:nws: :nms:

from the mini painting thread lol

Nothing says Christmas quite like a naked slave girl.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Unspiration: (I just happen to know that the recipient likes naked women)

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

All it needs is some Ultra Matte Varnish.... to be Ultra Matte Daemon Prince

Add big ears and a basketball

Ultra Matte Daemon Prince Charles Barkley

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
https://twitter.com/StrongBadActual/status/1337882136712519683

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

That looks like a mounted figure so that's probably for pegging to the horse.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

pegging to the horse.

gross

LennyBriscoCountyJr
Oct 20, 2005

Funcom is making minis now?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

This post is too looooong

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Courage the cowardly scarab. "Mureal! get me Monolith!"

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
wait if they're the ancient evil then who's slab is it?

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Der Waffle Mous posted:

wait if they're the ancient evil then who's slab is it?

RETURN THE SHARD
/

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's it! I'm gettin me Gauntlet of Fire!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

"Tunguska Cheerkillers". Fairly vanilla, but I note that Corvus Belli are speaking to their anime fan niche again.

I assume there is or will be some collectors sculpt to 'push the theme' further? Or are the sculptors keeping it in their pants more these days?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ugleb posted:

"Tunguska Cheerkillers". Fairly vanilla, but I note that Corvus Belli are speaking to their anime fan niche again.

I assume there is or will be some collectors sculpt to 'push the theme' further? Or are the sculptors keeping it in their pants more these days?

Maybe I'm just becoming jaded, but my initial thought was that this could be much worse.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe I'm just becoming jaded, but my initial thought was that this could be much worse.

They're all wearing pants and there's nary a bare midriff in sight. Who's making these and what have they done to Corvus Belli?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Iron Crowned posted:

they're actually pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ugleb posted:

Alternately someone is a Harley Quinn fan.