Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

DE has said that, given how last year's "release a huge update at end of year when everyone is going on use-or-lose vacation" plan left players with a buggy mess for a month+, and how the increase in work-from-home meant nobody bothered to use up leave before the end of the year, their plan is to just have a light holiday season and let new players joining in on just-purchased holiday gift computers/PS5's/XBAZILLION's/Switches come into a relatively stable version of the game. There's just a skeleton crew still on the clock for now.

I'm okay with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

They also said pretty explicitly on the devstreams that the content in the 29.5 update was largely things that were supposed to be part of the Deimos release but weren't finished yet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also there's kind of the whole

you know

thing going on right now

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya I also remember hearing that and that's fine and good.

I'm certainly one of those people who wish updates would come out more frequently even if it's just little things and small events. I was hoping nightwave would be something kind of like this but it doesn't have that pace, and I was really hoping the Deimos underground vaults would be more random, endless, and shifting in front of your face instead of having to go back to town to have them rearrange themselves. There are tons of little neat ideas that have floated around warframe dev headspace over the years that I wanted added years ago and would still love to see added, we've all been wishing rail jack had more content and was more tied into the game like originally advertised than it is now, or that it was just better.

This is a spaghetti mess of a game and I'm still really pleased with what it has and what the devs are aiming for, even if they sometimes seem to have no idea what they're doing. That's part of the fun. I can't be surprised when the plague makes their chunky updates slim and even more sloppy.

Hell now I think one of the things I want the most is for the UT skins to make the guns behave like the UT guns because gameplay has always been Warframe's strong suit, and that's still there.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I still like Deimos a lot, and even Arcana had some fun toys (and they're trying to fix some of the misses, tho i'm not holding my breath for some of them).

I hit MR30 a bit ago and still got half a dozen things on my todo list that i want to check out or play around with, enough to waste an hour or two every evening between nightwaves, casual relic cracking, formaing a bunch of dusty stuff and trying to find beginners to help. But if i want to take it slow and check out other games that's perfectly fine and normal too.

Youtube clickbait titles have been doomsaying since i was mr0 - usually they have valid points but need to overamp it to make the traffic cut. I don't envy content creators betting their livelihood on this game.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Youtube clickbait titles have been doomsaying since i was mr0 - usually they have valid points but need to overamp it to make the traffic cut. I don't envy content creators betting their livelihood on this game.

I for one, support Shy for branching out to producing the Adeptus Ridiculous podcast since I, similar to DK, know next to nothing about WH40K and it's enjoyable to play some WF with those two idiots talking in the background.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I jumped back in due to Tennocon and had about 4 very active months in the game, on a break now. Looks like a lot of people are doing the same thing: https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#1y

It was their biggest tennocon surge by a good bit if you look at the all-time graph: https://steamcharts.com/app/230410#All

Deimos was a good release imo, pretty stable and less grindy than the other open worlds at release even if less fully fleshed out. Haven't bothered with the cornbots though, which seems to be where some of the bad drops are.

Helminth is cool even if it's just a few good abilities to put on frames - worth it for just Condemn/Pillage alone on frames like Banshee.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

smallmouth posted:

Thank you. I wasn’t even able to find the first fissure. Not sure if I was blind or it didn’t spawn. I’ll try again today.

They're marked on the map and (re)use the zealoid prelate mechanics. If you don't see it at first, blow up your map to the big size and go to the big yellow marked area.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Screaming Idiot posted:

this feels less like an update and more like, "Here's stuff we meant to put in at the start, but we didn't have the time to finish it

Yes.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Speaking of that new stuff, final verdict on the Vermisplicer as a status primary: wow this thing is absolute garbage without heavy forma investment and probably even with it. Gilding and ranking process, a full 5 seconds of continuous fire to kill lv 20 heavy gunners/napalms, and it just barely works as a primer with an erratic at best beam bounce.

Someone who makes it as a crit gun lemme know how that works out for you. Otherwise marking this as a big ol' "master and trash it".

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Status will never ever ever surpass crit where guns are concerned. Remember: If it doesn't crit, it's loving poo poo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Status will never ever ever surpass crit where guns are concerned. Remember: If it doesn't crit, it's loving poo poo.

this isn't actually true, the Kuva Ogris is a status gun and it's the second-strongest primary in the game, behind only the Bramma

the problem isn't so much raw performance as it is that status guns have way more situations where DE says "gently caress you, this doesn't work now, for no good reason"

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The Trumna is pretty great. Budabudabudabudabudabudabudabuda. The secondary launcher is fun too.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I feel like if they would just give us cool alerts once a week I'd be a lot more happier playing the game. I set aside time just to make sure I could get the infested sniper and warfan alerts even though I don't like either weapon because it felt unique enough.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Be a whole lot nicer to have that than "hey come watch our devstream because we're bypassing our horrible grind by giving stuff away free to watchers".

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
love to literally complain about free stuff

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Some of us are back at work in person already.
(edit to probably-unnecessarily clarify: so a stream that requires "watch this for 30 minutes straight" on firewalled & monitored company internet while still appearing to work is not exactly an approach that works)

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 13, 2020

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I put primed firestorm on the kuva orgis and its drat near unusable with the blast radius.

Trumna is good with anything that speeds up its fire rate (Gauss, Wisp). Otherwise, meh.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SkyeAuroline posted:

Some of us are back at work in person already.
(edit to probably-unnecessarily clarify: so a stream that requires "watch this for 30 minutes straight" on firewalled & monitored company internet while still appearing to work is not exactly an approach that works)

sorry you're working in a pandemic! leave the twitch stream open on your computer at home and you'll get the drops for when you're home quarantining from an outbreak and you get to play the videogame again

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

flatluigi posted:

sorry you're working in a pandemic! leave the twitch stream open on your computer at home and you'll get the drops for when you're home quarantining from an outbreak and you get to play the videogame again

I hadn’t really thought about it before this discussion but yeah I’d much prefer a week of in-game alerts to twitch drops. You’re right that twitch drops are strictly speaking easier to obtain (although more annoying compared to something that would be available for 24-48 hours on your schedule). On the other hand I play this game because it’s fun to, as you point out, play the videogame. A series of creative alerts would do a lot more to keep me interested in this game than having a 160p video open in a muted tab, but it would probably also take a little bit of effort compared to running the twitch drop script.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I also feel like better alerts isn't that farfetched. We already have sorties. A weekly sortie with better rewards would be nice

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my point was basically that it's not a bad thing that you can get free poo poo from twitch drops and that nothing's really stopping them from doing other things alongside it. it's very unlikely they go 'no, twitch drops are good enough' and decide not to do other things (especially since they do do those other alerts and freebies and special weekends)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

smallmouth posted:

The Trumna is pretty great. Budabudabudabudabudabudabudabuda. The secondary launcher is fun too.

You can turn it into the Heavy Machine Gun from Metal Slug with enough fire rate :supaburn:

Guilty
May 3, 2003

flatluigi posted:

my point was basically that it's not a bad thing that you can get free poo poo from twitch drops and that nothing's really stopping them from doing other things alongside it. it's very unlikely they go 'no, twitch drops are good enough' and decide not to do other things (especially since they do do those other alerts and freebies and special weekends)

I kinda feel like you're talking to me which I think is funny because I've never complained about twitch drops, love it all for it. But also I feel like we're talking about separate experiences, because I can only play the pc version when I'm not travelling/working, and so my experience is really tainted by the switch version, which definitely needs more alerts. We can't get patches as fluidly as the pc version so our updates are probably quarterly, maybe twice quarterly if we're lucky, and the population is very very low.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

So it’s the first time I’ve done index since the new corpus tile set.

The new corpus index map seems horrible. It feels too big and like I spend all my time tracking down 1 enemy at a time.

Any tips on anything to speed the map up when it pops? Still love the snow map.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've long since given up on getting twitch drops. I can't keep the stream running, probably from one of my ad blockers.

For the trumna, recoil reduction is a quality of life mod. I can actually predictably hit poo poo now!

Is there a way of turning down the screen shake from necramech movement? This is legit giving me motion sickness. Also, how do you handle energy economy in mechs. Looks like pizzas and zenurik don't work, so just running around grabbing orbs you see?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

hazardousmouse posted:

I've long since given up on getting twitch drops. I can't keep the stream running, probably from one of my ad blockers.

For the trumna, recoil reduction is a quality of life mod. I can actually predictably hit poo poo now!

Is there a way of turning down the screen shake from necramech movement? This is legit giving me motion sickness. Also, how do you handle energy economy in mechs. Looks like pizzas and zenurik don't work, so just running around grabbing orbs you see?
Ive got aggressive ad blockers and never had an issue with twitch drops so far, so it's doable (but it sounds like your local network or twitch CDN node might be wonky).

Isn't screenshake a general thing everyone should turn of asap?

For mech energy play protea and drop a dispenser (or summon a specter and pray they do), or infuse dispenser on your mech pilot frame of choice. Other more involved orb spawners are embers 4 augment or nezhas hoop, but those aren't as comfortable to use while stomping around in the mech.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Thanks! lol I forgot I was supposed to be watching the new steel path alerts for nodes I hadn't yet cleared. Durn

HAH gently caress! I was a little excited I could buy a threepack of forma from the steel path shop till I saw the 75 essence cost. Jesus that economy balance

whelp. It's definitely a worm cycle day change that subtracts one from your iso vault progress. Just did 1-1 in different vaults. Is that the way it's supposed to be working? It still feels unnecessarily punitive to you for just happening to be doing vaults during cycle changes. I guess it'll make it easier to do the T3 with an already done bait section but still, drat.

I'm also starting to get serious doubts about the effectiveness of the wuklone after I watched it and two infested chargers chase each other in circles for a solid minute while I laughed at them.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 13, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ludo Friend posted:

So it’s the first time I’ve done index since the new corpus tile set.

The new corpus index map seems horrible. It feels too big and like I spend all my time tracking down 1 enemy at a time.

Any tips on anything to speed the map up when it pops? Still love the snow map.

Enter the Index from the Dojo navigation screen. Forces the snow map every time.
Otherwise, enemy radar is your friend. I do a loop around the outside of the map.

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm also starting to get serious doubts about the effectiveness of the wuklone after I watched it and two infested chargers chase each other in circles for a solid minute while I laughed at them.

Wuclone is great with guns. It's godawful with melee.

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Enter the Index from the Dojo navigation screen. Forces the snow map every time.
Otherwise, enemy radar is your friend. I do a loop around the outside of the map.

Must be fixed as the three times i've tried its ended up with the lovely corpus map.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

So annoyed they changed the cockpit layout and ruined my meticulous decor. Noggle chaos in here now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
My noggles straight up disappeared. I haven't checked if they're in my inventory or floating in the void. I bet I'll have to reset my decorations entirely to get them back.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ludo Friend posted:

Must be fixed as the three times i've tried its ended up with the lovely corpus map.

Rip. It was nice while it lasted.

But yeah, I start from spawn, take the right hand side hallway, jump down at the bridge, loop around the enemy spawn, enter their side hall, jump down at the bridge and return. I run Wukong with a maxed out Exergis, so usually the clone kills anything not on my path, and either I or other people pick those tokens up. Sometimes the side hallways get pileups of all 4 Brokers spawning in the crate piles where the ammo drop is, or the little room by the bridge, which is part of why enemies are so hard to find.
With Exergis + Stropha I get into round 3 before one shot kills start to drop off, and I'm never going 3+ rounds with randoms. Just finally broke down and bought Corrupt Charge so Stropha should be lasting even longer.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

endlessmonotony posted:

The download skip isn't much.

Install WF from EGS. Go through the install process until you get to the 20gb+ chunk. Close Epic WF. Copy over Cache.Windows from Steam install to Epic install. Launch through Epic again. Hit Verify Cache in launcher settings.

Still seems to make me redownload everything, this is dumb

Orv
May 4, 2011
e;fb

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

WebDO posted:

Still seems to make me redownload everything, this is dumb

Uh, did you verify the Steam install is up to date I guess?

I did the steps described and it worked. The Epic install process creates a Cache.Windows folder and the Steam process has one there, so copying that over, launching Epic launcher and hitting "verify cache" did the trick.

I waited on the Epic's launched WF download until it hit the real big chunk just so it would create the files. Tho I noticed a tendency for the Epic process to hang, so maybe reboot in the middle?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
install the epic version (which is just the launcher) and then use a junction to link the (not yet created) epic\warframe\downloaded folder to your steamlibrary\steamapps\common\warframe folder

something like this, in a command prompt you're running as administrator

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
If copying doesn't work, neither will a symlink and copying is way easier and less likely to gently caress up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

endlessmonotony posted:

If copying doesn't work, neither will a symlink and copying is way easier and less likely to gently caress up.

good news! that's exactly what I did and it works flawlessly without having to have two full separate installs of warframe sitting on the harddrive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

flatluigi posted:

good news! that's exactly what I did and it works flawlessly without having to have two full separate installs of warframe sitting on the harddrive

I ain't trusting DE to code an installer or an uninstaller that behaves well with symlinks.

Copying works and if you can't spare the 30gb for the fifteen minutes it takes, it's time to upgrade anyway.