Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Remember Shanley? Well she's still posting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

trapped mouse posted:

That's definitely a shanley take

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think it's bad to torture people and accuse them of sexually abusing their children to make them seem worse and then let said children die of exposure and malnutrition in prison but lmao if you think the lady who had an entire fake village to playact being a pastoral milkmaid in was at all in touch with the needs of the populace and how best to provide food for them.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ah, now it isn’t demeaning nor a demonstration of being out of touch anymore!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

dialhforhero posted:

Ah, now it isn’t demeaning nor a demonstration of being out of touch anymore!
Why do the poor people not just eat the bread??

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Works for me, in case anyone needed confirmation before trying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

trapped mouse posted:

I wanna know her source on the "brioche" thing, because she's correct about Marie Antoinette being scapegoated for poo poo she had no control over whatsoever (her husband too, but he should have had more control and it's kinda his own fault he never asserted it, so gently caress him). But to the best of my knowledge she never actually said anything resembling the famous quote.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Don't repost brands maybe

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Sarcopenia posted:

Steak-umm bless.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Skwirl posted:

I wanna know her source on the "brioche" thing, because she's correct about Marie Antoinette being scapegoated for poo poo she had no control over whatsoever (her husband too, but he should have had more control and it's kinda his own fault he never asserted it, so gently caress him). But to the best of my knowledge she never actually said anything resembling the famous quote.

I wrote my dissertation on the pre-revolutionary French court, and you’re 100% right. She wasn’t exactly charitable, but nobody at the court was. It was actually frowned upon at that time (among the nobility) to not be a rich tool that flaunts their wealth. The quote “Qu’ils mangent de la brioche” was attributed to Marie Antoinette in the mid-1800s, 50-ish years after she died. The quote also appeared in a book from when she was like 10 years old, being attributed to various Princesses.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Also I don't get the child bride thing she was like 40 when the revolution happened

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Firstscion posted:

Also I don't get the child bride thing she was like 40 when the revolution happened

She was like 14 when she was shipped from austria to france to marry Louis the I can't remember what number, and the marriage had been negotiated when she was single digits in age. Of the choices she could possibly have made for herself, marrying the future king of france was absolutely not one of them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/markysumm/status/1337725851799056386

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Το τέρας του Θεού

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Skwirl posted:

She was like 14 when she was shipped from austria to france to marry Louis the I can't remember what number, and the marriage had been negotiated when she was single digits in age. Of the choices she could possibly have made for herself, marrying the future king of france was absolutely not one of them.

On the other hand, she was a Hapsburg who married a Bourbon. Two of the worst families ever to plague the Earth.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I'm not sure how it's better to tell them to eat one thing they didn't have rather than another, anyway

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It is an urban legend; she didn't say anything of the kind. The story had been told for at least a hundred years about various princesses who were supposed to be heartless. It was a story that encapsulated how everybody felt about the Queen, and was therefore true.

I have no opinion one way or the other about her character in general; I haven't read a bio and am not likely to. Overall, the noblesse ancienne definitely had it coming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

gleebster posted:

On the other hand, she was a Hapsburg who married a Bourbon. Two of the worst families ever to plague the Earth.

I'm not shedding tears over Marie Antonoite, I'm just saying "child bride" is a pretty accurate description of her.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

All royalty deserve madame guillotine.

Dr. Lunchables has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Dec 13, 2020

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Children of the rich nobility and royalty deserve exactly one thing, which is to be treated with the same care, consideration, and respect as children of the poorest people. Somehow rich people always interpret that as a personal threat and not 'maybe every kid should get a quality education, warm meals, and shelter'.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

trapped mouse posted:

I also noticed her bio now points to shanleykane.com and not shanleybook.com anymore, and has no mention about the book that she’s absolutely writing and was happily taking preorders for despite the fact it was never, ever going to see the light of day.

Also she rageposted when she posted a topless pic a few weeks ago and some guy said he looked better than her, and it just didn’t stop for hours it seemed. Never stop being Shanley.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah the most important thing to remember about shanley is that all attention must be on her at all times otherwise she'll screech and cry and also that she will make her tweets private again at the slightest hint she might be wrong about something. I assume she's already done that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I also noticed her bio now points to shanleykane.com and not shanleybook.com anymore, and has no mention about the book that she’s absolutely writing and was happily taking preorders for despite the fact it was never, ever going to see the light of day.

Also she rageposted when she posted a topless pic a few weeks ago and some guy said he looked better than her, and it just didn’t stop for hours it seemed. Never stop being Shanley.

Shanley is loving cuckoo for cocopuffs and I find it a little odd she's decided disgraced 18th century nobility is her new hill to die on, but excusing later actions of a women who was married off to a noble in a foreign country as a young teenager is completely her brand.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

i dont know what a shanley is but judging by this page id rather not know. memeward, ho!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

i dont know what a shanley is but judging by this page id rather not know. memeward, ho!

She's a mad genius. A third of her tweets belong in this thread, a third in the idiots thread and a third in both.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Skwirl posted:

She's a mad genius. A third of her tweets belong in this thread, a third in the idiots thread and a third in both.

If she has ever said anything interesting or intelligent, I haven't seen it

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Yeah, shanleys been a mystery to me because she periodically gets posted in this thread for the dumbest poo poo but as far as I can tell she's sincere? Either that or hella dedicated to the bit.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Leon Sumbitches posted:

If she has ever said anything interesting or intelligent, I haven't seen it

This is comedy gold.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
seems to be third category

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

She’s batshit insane but she’s also a deeply unpleasant person to deal with, so it kind of balances itself out.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Slippery posted:

I've been wondering for just as long what the heck your name means. Please enlighten me as it frequently keeps me up at night womdering

It's a stupid misspelling of the name of a cottage cheese filled filo dough dish "burek sa sirom":

It's what you eat drunk at 3 am where I live. It was my "handle" for everything back then. Also, remember when we called them handles? Sounds way cooler than username or gamertag. You know, when we used to hack gibson mainframes?

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Inceltown posted:

This is comedy gold.

That other post was at least the same shape as a good point, but this is wild. Love how she coopts the language of social justice to escape having to explain why in the gently caress they would fake the moon landing.

My favorite moon landing theory is that Kubrick did fake it, but it's Kubrick, so he insisted on doing it on location. Who did I steal this joke from again?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Sarcopenia posted:

I was looking up the Steak-umm brand, because of all the brands who hired an exec's kid with a liberal arts degree to manage their account, they have to be one of the less offensive.

Anyway I found this:

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Didn't Shanley loudly announce that she didn't care after a white kid got eaten by an alligator even though nobody asked her?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

Didn't Shanley loudly announce that she didn't care after a white kid got eaten by an alligator even though nobody asked her?

That was someone else.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Her mother dispatched her brother to go tell her how to bang because they were not producing children and the suspicion was they didn't know how.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

shanley has said some insane things but she also followed me unprompted so there's no way to tell if she's good or bad

Trillian
Sep 14, 2003

Aramoro posted:

Her mother dispatched her brother to go tell her how to bang because they were not producing children and the suspicion was they didn't know how.

This is less creepy when you find out that this happened when she was 22.

Wikipedia posted:

In a letter to his brother Leopold, Grand Duke of Tuscany, Joseph II described them as "a couple of complete blunderers." He disclosed to Leopold that the inexperienced—then still only 22-year-old—Louis XVI had confided in him the course of action he had been undertaking in their marital bed; saying Louis XVI "introduces the member," but then "stays there without moving for about two minutes," withdraws without having completed the act and "bids goodnight."

Sex tips from the Holy Roman Emperor were successful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Yeah, child bride/human trafficking victim is a decent description of Marie Antoinette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Trillian posted:

This is less creepy when you find out that this happened when she was 22.

Sex tips from the Holy Roman Emperor were successful.

That's, uh, not how you're supposed to do it?

Could you share some of these "Holy Roman" sex tips, spo I can, uh, share them, uh, with my friend?