Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
had a boss fight with a badass lady who came out of a freezer in a parking lot with swords for arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

apropos to nothing posted:

definitely glad that i didnt get hyped for it and didnt care about or follow it for 10 years so i can enjoy it instead of all those who did the aforementioned and who hate it

I found it kind of boring at first but now it's grown on me and I like it. This is why I never read news or watch footage of games beyond basic trailers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I like that there's a really hosed up freaky jazz radio station. Sounds like poo poo

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Kongming posted:

I found it kind of boring at first but now it's grown on me and I like it. This is why I never read news or watch footage of games beyond basic trailers.

Yeah honestly the intro was fine but kinda long and a little boring now that I’m unleashed and have badass Johnny silver hand around telling me to kill myself it’s really fun

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

started as a huge dicked business tycoon but was condemned to a life of street crime in the first 4 mintues because i was vaguely threatened in a bar i guess thats just night city baby

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

definitely glad that i didnt get hyped for it and didnt care about or follow it for 10 years so i can enjoy it instead of all those who did the aforementioned and who hate it

personally i'm gglad to see big beef city and dongicus playing off each other thanks to their high quality posts, and avatars

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also really enjoying this’like the previous posters bc I did not care about it at all and went into it with exactly zero expectations. Worth every penny

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the shooting feels like poo poo but i do like using my katana to lop peoples heads off. now i have real ultimate power much like maddox. epic

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I went into this game with huge expectations, built up by saying cyber-dong 1000 times a day in the games forum for 7 years.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Seeing people posting complaining about how the Witcher 3 company made the npcs in the game act like the Witcher 3 npcs. Absolutely tragic

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

the shooting feels like poo poo but i do like using my katana to lop peoples heads off. now i have real ultimate power much like maddox. epic

the shooting is very bad and feels weird and arcadey

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Seeing people posting complaining about how the Witcher 3 company made the npcs in the game act like the Witcher 3 npcs. Absolutely tragic

they act like Witcher NPCs with like a little more individuality, it's good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The child npcs keep making me laugh since they could be glitched adult npcs for all I know

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
It’s a good game but it’s definitely marred by the fact that the city isn’t populated by 10 million fully realized npcs all with their own hopes dreams and fears. 7/10

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

the shooting is very bad and feels weird and arcadey

:monocle:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The child npcs keep making me laugh since they could be glitched adult npcs for all I know

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The first time I saw a child npc I thought it was a swaggy cyber midget.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blades seem like the way to go for me. I'm not usually into first person melee combat, but my katana sings for blood. Plus you can apply a Bleed effect, and damage over time is one of my autism gamer triggers. On top of all that, I find the SMGs the most fun guns in the game, which runs off the same base stat (Reflex).

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The cop lady is always upset with me for doming everyone in her stupid rear end side missions. Oh well, job is done. Pay me bitch.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can't believe there's no barber, tattoo artist, or cosmetic surgeon in this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I can't believe there's no barber, tattoo artist, or cosmetic surgeon in this game.

It's insane lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just called my car in and then seen a sports car drive past me so I started chasing it but when I couldn't catch it I turned around and my car had been following me the whole time and ran me over.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ah great. Then when I walked out of the way it kept driving down the road so I couldn't get in. Maybe it's chasing the sports car too.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I just called my car in and then seen a sports car drive past me so I started chasing it but when I couldn't catch it I turned around and my car had been following me the whole time and ran me over.

i dont know if this is about cyberpunk or your new method of getting to work

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah, hell if youve actually been playing recent game releases this year instead of just imagining a star trek holodeck experience, this game is still leagues ahead in terms of bugs and polish lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah, hell if youve actually been playing recent game releases this year instead of just imagining a star trek holodeck experience, this game is still leagues ahead in terms of bugs and polish lol

It’s no worse than any other open-world AAA game launch and better than some, I don’t know why everyone’s acting like it’s an unplayable mess. The worst I’ve had is NPC dialogue not playing audio so I had to read the subtitles, and then it crashed shortly after and the Xbox immediately starting installing an update so maybe it’ll be better after that. Otherwise it’s just the same occasional physics glitches, NPC AI mishaps, etc that you kind of expect with this kind of game at launch

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Wormskull posted:

Ah great. Then when I walked out of the way it kept driving down the road so I couldn't get in. Maybe it's chasing the sports car too.

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Blades seem like the way to go for me. I'm not usually into first person melee combat, but my katana sings for blood. Plus you can apply a Bleed effect, and damage over time is one of my autism gamer triggers.

Yeah there's a quickhack called Contagion that gives enemies a damage over time status that spreads among nearby enemies and I can't stop using it even though all my direct damage stuff is probably better at this point lol. Feels so good watching it spread and tick down

edit: I'm personally doing mostly shotgun + quickhacks to help me stun or disarm people and close the distance between me and them. Once you get a decent gun you almost always get a knockdown at close range and can easily kill guys when they're on the ground. Shotgun tree also has a bunch of movespeed perks which is fun

goferchan fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 13, 2020

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the only ppl who are allowed to complain about this game's performance are the ppl playing on base PS4/Xbones

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My biggest complaint is the game is really hard to look at. It’s all hazy and there’s a lot of useless people walking around and everything feels like I’m barely in control of my character.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

My biggest complaint is the game is really hard to look at. It’s all hazy and there’s a lot of useless people walking around and everything feels like I’m barely in control of my character.

i mean that is the advertised experience

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm convinced the reason this crashed to browser on my PS4 Pro is because i wanted to see how long this guy would stand stuck in the awning (as far as i can tell, on my file at least, he stands there until the end of time, like the chronot trigger nu)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Back to Yakuza 7, game of the year, enhanced on Series X.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Oh poo poo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seltzer posted:

:stare: Bro... you didn't.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Seltzer posted:

:nyd:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009