Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

One full episode on the time he MO'd with his kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can understand doing a last dance for Tom, but 9 parts? Not even his fans will sit through that

it's one for every super bowl they went to even though only like four of them are all that interesting. imagine wanting to relive the last patriots/rams super bowl

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is Stephen A. Smith still popular? Seems like ESPN is living in 2012.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
You'd have to try to come up with a worse name than Man in the Arena.

Josh Lyman posted:

Yes, almost certainly more popular than he was in 2012.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Josh Lyman posted:

SAS is the most popular person at the network

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

a neat cape posted:

SAS is the most popular person at the network

Bring back Quite Frankly

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ESPN is running out of major personalities now, so them pushing SAS more makes sense

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
They’re running out of personalities because they keep deciding not to renew their contracts! Nothing this company is doing makes any sense to me!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

thrilla in vanilla posted:

They’re running out of personalities because they keep deciding not to renew their contracts! Nothing this company is doing makes any sense to me!

They're just putting all their money towards rights fees. Live sports are where they actually make their money the rest is filler even though I really liked a lot of the filler!

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Yeah ESPN decided a while ago that most personalities don't add much so they let FS1 pay them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ESPN give me a very small amount of money and i will go on tv every day and let stephen a brutally own me with his takes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

ESPN give me a very small amount of money and i will go on tv every day and let stephen a brutally own me with his takes

To me that's preposterous, Derrick Rose being BACK, things of that nature.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm sad that people are getting fired and the media in general getting disassembled but the sports media class of the people who go on the yell-about-sports shows are not who are top on my list of personalities I care about

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm sad that people are getting fired and the media in general getting disassembled but the sports media class of the people who go on the yell-about-sports shows are not who are top on my list of personalities I care about
Well they also didn't renew LeBatard who is the opposite of that, so it's just generally a 'if you make money we are just going to replace you with someone cheaper because we need to spend more on live sports'

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well they also didn't renew LeBatard who is the opposite of that, so it's just generally a 'if you make money we are just going to replace you with someone cheaper because we need to spend more on live sports'

I mean that seems fine on a macro scale because basically any sports whatsoever is better than any non-sports content they've ever made.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lebatard is a unique case because he still had two years left on his deal.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I kind of stopped listening to lebatard during the start of the pandemic. Just isn’t the same without everyone instudio

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I kind of stopped listening to lebatard during the start of the pandemic. Just isn’t the same without everyone instudio

It was rough for the first couple months or so, but they've figured out the timing pretty well now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can take so hard
And I can take so fast
Pay me minimum wage and I'll
Kick your competitors' ratings' rear end

https://twitter.com/NickLutsko/status/1331464058692890624

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/Disney/status/1337161251206656005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcAYMb5uk4

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

they've got Dan, Stu and Mike back in-studio, so the drops and audio files are back. Chris got fired and still came to work Monday. And now Dan's out soon, so it's all kind of par for the course for the marching band to nowhere.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1337599863073206274?s=20

:chloe:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i have come around and i love stacey king and his catchphrases now. also neil funk quietly retired last year in the middle of the pandemic and adam amin is good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOrc9-fAdIQ

Kevin Harlan calling poor Deshaun Watson taking a shot right in the balls

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i have come around and i love stacey king and his catchphrases now. also neil funk quietly retired last year in the middle of the pandemic and adam amin is good.

I think Adam Amin will be good with Stacey now that Funk has retired. No shade to Funk but he had clearly lost it over the past like 5+ years.

I love Stacey though. His basketball analysis is stuck like all old dudes in the 90s, but at least he makes watching bad basketball entertaining with his dumb catchphrases.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HQonESPN/status/1338573092088668164

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's probably not a big shock but John Ourand says no TV networks have much interest in Thursday Night Football

SBJ posted:

The TV networks have told the NFL that they are not interested in the “TNF” package. The lack of exclusivity is a main reason for their lack of interest, since games currently are spread across Fox, NFL Network and Amazon.

Awful Announcing posted:

Clearly, the focus for Fox will be to retain their Sunday package, with CBS likely attempting to do the same and NBC keeping Sunday Night Football in the fold. ESPN is the biggest wild card in the NFL’s next round of rights negotiations, but I can’t see them ditching Monday nights for Thursdays, or adding Thursday nights to their tentpole MNF package.

Where does that leave TNF? Ourand projects the rights to go to Amazon, which would share the rights with NFL Network. I’d doubt that Amazon would pay the reported $60 million per game that Fox is dishing out – the rights fee they began paying this year was never widely reported, though the company paid $65 million per season in both 2018 and 2019, and the latest deal reportedly came with an increase on that amount. That’s still far less than what Fox was paying, and maybe the NFL will just be content in offsetting that loss with increases in its more traditional TV deals.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also, the nickelodeon feed of an upcoming wild card game will have nickelodeon's mark all over it

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1338856092751835136

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

also, the nickelodeon feed of an upcoming wild card game will have nickelodeon's mark all over it

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/1338856092751835136

That sounds very stupid and great all at once.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
that sounds better than any fox or espn nfl broadcast tbh

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is that a simocast or is that the only way out of market to watch the wildcard game?

Doing something different, weird and maybe fun does not sound like the NFL at all.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Put Tom Kenny in the booth.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Lockback posted:

Is that a simocast or is that the only way out of market to watch the wildcard game?

Doing something different, weird and maybe fun does not sound like the NFL at all.

Just a silly simulcast thing. All the playoff games are nationally televised.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Coco13 posted:

Put Tom Kenny Mike O’Malley in the booth.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1338857835585671175

holy loving poo poo I love it

put googly eyes on the players at all times

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 15, 2020

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

DJExile posted:

Love all of the presumably grown, mature adults getting triggered about a thing happening to their football on a channel they'd never choose to watch.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

fartknocker posted:

Just a silly simulcast thing. All the playoff games are nationally televised.

I wish I was going home for xmas because I'd put it on and tell me 70 year old father this is how all games were going to be for the playoffs.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Anals of History posted:

Love all of the presumably grown, mature adults getting triggered about a thing happening to their football on a channel they'd never choose to watch.

On the other hand, I don’t even have my kid that weekend and you’d better believe I’m watching this broadcast

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

The Alex Smith injury, but with googly eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I feel like the goggly eyes is a bit much