Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Real gamers just used a horse and climbed straight over the mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

What you're saying is that things are easier and better now

No, they're worse! No one uses cursive anymore, everyone's always looking at their drat phone and I haven't had to crank start a car in years!

Regy Rusty posted:

I do like when the occasional game is designed around having a completely non interactive map. That can be cool.

Yeah, lets just get rid of maps entirely. If you're lost you can just google where to go, like how everyone uses the internet to solve any puzzle more complicated than 'put weird shaped key into weird shaped keyhole'

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

RareAcumen posted:

No, they're worse! No one uses cursive anymore, everyone's always looking at their drat phone and I haven't had to crank start a car in years!

Well, I'll let you be the judge of whether it's a bad thing that people can no longer write or pay attention to things. As far as automotive repair? Yes, it was easier when half the engine wasn't an electronic blackbox.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Now excuse me while I attend to my velocipede, I have to take these posts into town so they can be mailed to the PS4 thread :corsair:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am still enjoying this game despite everything, but lol at this scintillating writing

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Deep. Balls deep.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Well, I'll let you be the judge of whether it's a bad thing that people can no longer write or pay attention to things. As far as automotive repair? Yes, it was easier when half the engine wasn't an electronic blackbox.

This is a myth. I dont think it was any easier before everything in cars went electronic. Maybe simpler, but not easier. It's more that electronic fault diagnosis is a different discipline than mechanical fault diagnosis and it's actually really straightforward once you've got your head around it. As far as being accessible to the layman? Multimeters and bluetooth obd code readers that work with an app on your phone are pretty cheap and easy to come by.

Makes me lol whenever I see somebody spend half a day tuning the carbs on one of the older cars at work and it still runs like a bag of poo poo after. Electronic engine management is such a massive improvement to engine performance, reliability, and emissions reduction so I dont think it works very well for your things were better in the old days analogy BP!!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I haven't actually looked up how the PS5 handles saves, if I got a PS5 and played the PS4 version with back compatibility on it, could I just load my save there
For the purposes of playing last gen games it's basically a PS4 Pro+, you can upload and download saves to PSN in just the same way as on the PS4.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gravity Rush 2 did a pretty decent job of being open world that was distinct enough that you could get around off of landmarks in Jirga Para Lhao. Hekesville was easier to get lost in, though it had more landmarks than it did in the first game. Both games had maps that weren’t very detailed so they encouraged landmark navigation and exploration.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Midjack posted:

Gravity Rush 2 did a pretty decent job of being open world that was distinct enough that you could get around off of landmarks in Jirga Para Lhao. Hekesville was easier to get lost in, though it had more landmarks than it did in the first game. Both games had maps that weren’t very detailed so they encouraged landmark navigation and exploration.

Not to mention it's fun as gently caress to get around.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Given what's been done in Astro's Playroom with haptics, a Gravity Rush 3 on PS5 could be amazing :allears:.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Given what's been done in Astro's Playroom with haptics, a Gravity Rush 3 on PS5 could be amazing :allears:.

Team Gravity disbanded this year so probably not happening.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

Team Gravity disbanded this year so probably not happening.

Aww. :smith:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The creator formed a new studio tho!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maybe one day they'll make a Gravity Rush 3... so named because only 3 people will play it!

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Think I just missed out on the discounted PS Plus here in Australia, any likelihood of a deal around Christmas or Boxing Day? I just paid for the one month for now - tbh I'll probably go back to mostly single player in Feb when work gets busier.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The frequency of phone calls in this game is a common complaint but this is ridiculous!

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1338027304962801665?s=09

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The frequency of phone calls in this game is a common complaint but this is ridiculous!

Majima everywhere :chanpop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8gO-jesXUw

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

:five:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

congratulations, you have been selected to win 2 free ipod nan congratulations, you have been selected congratulations, you have been selected to win congratulations, you hav

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s a Claire quest? How do I get it 😮

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

:five:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Played about 90 mins of Cyberpunk just now, starting with the CorpoRat intro. I thought it was excellent tbh. The voice acting is really really good, Jackie is excellent. I’m playing on a PS4 Pro with the game installed on an internal SSD and the latest patch. It’s running fine. Some very minor pop in at times but haven’t noticed any massive issues so far. I think the calls of cancelling it for current generation are totally overblown. Hopefully after a few more patches it works even better for people on standard PS4 and original Xbox.
I love the aesthetic to the game, the lighting and sound design are really nice. The CorpoRat origin has you start at night time inside a massive skyscraper so I think that’s maybe a cooler one than the desert one I saw.
I can’t wait to play more next week when I have more time!

i did the nomad last night and everything felt okay until i got into the car and after i did the radio call, drove back on the main road through town and saw a dude sat down floating in the air above the road for a split second, i must have hit an invisible car because i got a the cop warrant tutorial message and then i just sped off. also noticed, maybe its because we're out in the desert sun, but the shadows for V wasnt showing her hair, just kinda took me out of it. then i came out the building where you meet jackie, v's shadow was in a t-pose for a moment... and then during the first mission in night city jackie walks through the elevator door.

stuff like that kinda takes me out of it abit mainly because i havent played a Bethesda jank game since skyrim release/5mins of f4 and everything else i've played since then, including witcher 3 on release day on pc, didnt really have that kinda jank for me. sometimes a quest/dialogue bug tho. feels even weirder with everything being 60fps too, feels like theres something disabled that makes it all run well. reminds of me of when i downloaded the hl2 leak or the doom3 leak just to see if it ran okay on my laptop and it kinda did but it was clear i wasnt meant to and stuff was turned off. i dunno.

also hit the first quest bug i think, at the start of act 1, the gunshop owner says they have my gun, so i walk over to pick it up and i have to... buy it from their inventory, which seems to change price each time i reload, but it doesnt complete the quest and the dude is just mocking me and the game doesnt think i picked the gun up.

guess its just been awhile since i've played a game with a ton of bugs and glitches like this and its just weird like im playing a new game on my aging pc that cant quite run all the shaders but if i change an .ini setting and delete a running process it runs at 60fps lmao takes me back :allears: i think i might restart with corpo and give my v cyberware and RP the glitches as faultly eye cyberware

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 13, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Purdy

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I bought Cyberpunk from a shop today and the cashier was like "yo this game's hosed" and showed me some videos of her favourite bugs that she'd recorded

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol I just finished The Outer Worlds, what horrifically dumb game. Mass Effect Andromeda pretty much blows it away in every single aspect

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Akuma posted:

I bought Cyberpunk from a shop today and the cashier was like "yo this game's hosed" and showed me some videos of her favourite bugs that she'd recorded

A... shop..?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How do you download a game from a shop?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Akuma posted:

My favorite bug is the Hercules beetle

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

Very carefully

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fridge corn posted:

Lol I just finished The Outer Worlds, what horrifically dumb game. Mass Effect Andromeda pretty much blows it away in every single aspect

I’m really struggling to come up with a game that bored me faster. I think I made it to literally the first side quest and was like “holy poo poo this game fuckin’ SUCKS” and uninstalled.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Akuma posted:

She was flirting with you, you should have clipped your dong through your pants

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m really struggling to come up with a game that bored me faster. I think I made it to literally the first side quest and was like “holy poo poo this game fuckin’ SUCKS” and uninstalled.

i did the exact same thing, its like somehow I knew the game wasn't even going to get any better than that. It just had the vibe of a rote and boring experience with writing that acted clever but wasn't. One of the lamest games around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Same, it’s so dull.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

You buy a piece of paper with a download code, duh

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I ain't buying a game like Cyberpunk digitally. If it's poo poo I don't wanna be out £50. I was also done with Demon's Souls so that paid for the majority of it.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

fridge corn posted:

I thought you said Wilds for a split second and I yelled ‘NO!’ but also drat why are you playing Worlds before Wilds, smhhh. I wanna see your rumor log to see how much left you have to do. I feel like you’re pretty close, or maybe closer than you think, and due to the nature of the game, when you think you’ve ‘got it’, you can basically finish the game right then.

If anyone who’s beaten Outer Wilds hasn’t seen this, this noclip documentary on Outer Wilds is cool and explains how the game systems work and how unusual their approach to developing the game was, like making the entire solar system a simulation instead of just scripting everything, for example, the zero g cave at the center of Timber Hearth is zero g because it’s literally in the center of the planet, as well as the geysers on Timber Hearth going off according to the gravitational pull of the moon. It still blows my mind that it was only made by 6 people. (I forgot how far you are exactly, Fridge Corn, but there might be spoilers in this if you haven’t beaten it, but it doesn’t spoil any of the ending stuff or really that much beyond the premise of the game and it goes into detail about each planet) https://youtu.be/LbY0mBXKKT0

It’s tight that they wanted to make a trophy for putting the scout, the ship and yourself on different planets, since the game keeps track of all of the physics and collision data for objects like that due to the changes in the cycle, for instance, if the ship was on the ember twins and the sand was moving it, it would need to be updating constantly, and if your scout was on Timber Hearth and on top of a geyser, it would also need to react to that, etc. which is very taxing and basically would crash the game a lot of the time, so Annapurna didn’t let them make it a trophy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

i did the exact same thing, its like somehow I knew the game wasn't even going to get any better than that. It just had the vibe of a rote and boring experience with writing that acted clever but wasn't. One of the lamest games around.

It was a completely mindless experience, although not to say that's necessarily a bad thing. It was good for getting into that sort of turn your brain off and forget about everything mode of relaxation and I managed to get somewhere along the Monarch quest line before it became actually painfully boring.

I started playing it again since I dont really have much else to play atm and all of a sudden I was at the final mission completely out of the blue. Story had no value or impact whatsoever