Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Wine isn't distilled

Fermented, sorry.

Apparently my dad made potato vodka in his backyard in 8th grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So regarding the entire secret world order, deep state, freemasons, illuminati, what the gently caress ever: Why would they hide obvious messages in plain sight, constantly, in everything they ever do? Why put the all-seeing eye on money, why make a triangle gesture for a paper, why any of that? If they're pulling every string, why would they have to do this? To tease us, like they're the loving Riddler? To constantly remind themselves they're in charge?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Vib Rib posted:

So regarding the entire secret world order, deep state, freemasons, illuminati, what the gently caress ever: Why would they hide obvious messages in plain sight, constantly, in everything they ever do? Why put the all-seeing eye on money, why make a triangle gesture for a paper, why any of that? If they're pulling every string, why would they have to do this? To tease us, like they're the loving Riddler? To constantly remind themselves they're in charge?

To trick us all into thinking they exist

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vib Rib posted:

I think the idea is that they do all that to subconsciously implant their authority in our mind. So when they inevitably expose themselves to take over the world (because secretly running the planet isn't enough, all of them are angling for a global coup that can be stopped by some guy from Arkansas with a shotgun) people will accept them because 'oh hey, those guys are on the money, they must be legit'.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Vib Rib posted:

Well, anyone who knows anything about the Bilderbergs and so forth is obviously one of the smart ones. They just need to post on social media about it and either get secretly murdered or survive the murder attempts and become one.

Or the one. They're looking for you Neo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Same people who make posts like these are the kind who’ll see TV footage showing someone in full view of the camera then receive a phone call and very purposefully make an ‘ok’ finger gesture and not think there’s anything up with it.

It’s like the pizza gaters who’ll cry out about an underground child sex cult happening, but when you point them to an actual horrific case of elite people running the exact thing they’re talking about, suddenly it doesn’t qualify. Can’t think why.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

That isn't even a triangle tho. His lines don't match up with the shape she is making. Her thumbs are remotely making a straight line. It's more like this: ◊ except the bottom half is longer than the top half. More a kite than a diamond.

Okay, some geometry googling has lead me to this:

That lady clearly making an equidiagonal kite inscribed in a Reuleaux triangle. I don't know which nefarious conspiracy uses that symbol, but we need to blow this thing wide open, and soon.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

How do you get that sweet, sweet Freemason crisis actor money? There's a thing I'd like to get into.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

Exactly. It's pride. The secret Illuminati are not just evil, they love being evil and love rubbing it in our faces. They could run a perfect covert operation but they can't resist winking at the camera.

This is their weakness. It is the missing scale in their armor. It's how we expose them. So it's up to you, brave Qanon warrior, to call attention to this as loudly as you can, as often as you can.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

It is an error to believe that 'primitive' societies don't care for the disabled. There are multiple early burials of quite old disabled people. Here's a rundown on Shanidar 1, one of 9 burials in Shanidar Cave.

quote:

During the course of the individual’s life, he had suffered a violent blow to the left side of his face, creating a crushing fracture to his left orbit which would have left him partially or totally blind in one eye. Research by Ján Lietava shows that the individual exhibits “atypically worn teeth”. Severe changes to the individuals incisors and a flattened capitulum show additional evidence towards Shanidar 1 suffering from a degenerative disease. Additionally, analysis shows that Shanidar 1 likely suffered from profound hearing loss, as his left ear canal was partially blocked and his right ear canal was completely blocked by exostoses. He also suffered from a withered right arm which had been fractured in several places. A fracture of the individual’s C5 vertebrae is thought to have caused damage to his muscle function (specifically the deltoids and biceps) of the right arm . Shanidar 1 healed, but this caused the loss of his lower arm and hand. This is thought to be either congenital, a result of childhood disease and trauma, or due to an amputation later in his life. The sharp point caused by a distal fracture of the individual's right humerus points towards this theory of amputation. If the arm was amputated, this demonstrates one of the earliest signs of surgery on a living individual. The arm had healed, but the injury may have caused some paralysis down his right side, leading to deformities in his lower legs and feet. Studies show that this individual had suffered from two broken legs[. This would have resulted in him walking with a pronounced, painful limp. These findings in Shanidar 1’s skeleton propose that he was unlikely to be able to provide for himself in a Neandertal society

All of those are healed injuries. He didn't die from having an arm amputed, he didn't die from his broken legs, he didn't die from being abandoned on a glacier. He lived his life, and when he died he was ritually buried. (This is inferred from the fact that there are multiple bodies in the cave that didn't appear to have died of a common disaster.)

Burial M9 (PDF link) at Man Bac in what is now Vietnam:

quote:

This communication documents one of the earliest verifiable cases of human paralysis associated with severe spinal pathology. A series of skeletal abnormalities is described for a young adult male (M9) from a Southeast Asian Neolithic community. Differential diagnosis suggests that M9 suf-fered from a severely disabling congenital fusion of the spine (Klippel–Feil Syndrome, Type III), resulting in child-onset lower body paralysis at a minimum (maximally quadriplegia). M9 experienced severe, most probably total, incapacitation for at least a decade prior to death. In the prehistoric con-text, this individual’s condition would have rendered him completely dependent on others for survival.

Humans have been caring for their weak for a very, very long time.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That doesn't make anprims any less stupid.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Maybe I'm just "that guy", but it seems like all those assholes CHOOSE to live their lives partially in that manner; they get to take a shower; they get to have a solid home and access to electricity. As someone who grew up without unfettered access to that stuff, eat farts and poo poo poo, assholes. It sucks to live needlessly hard. Making things harder than they need to for your ego is gross.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It is an error to believe that 'primitive' societies don't care for the disabled. There are multiple early burials of quite old disabled people. Here's a rundown on Shanidar 1, one of 9 burials in Shanidar Cave.

All of those are healed injuries. He didn't die from having an arm amputed, he didn't die from his broken legs, he didn't die from being abandoned on a glacier. He lived his life, and when he died he was ritually buried. (This is inferred from the fact that there are multiple bodies in the cave that didn't appear to have died of a common disaster.)

Burial M9 (PDF link) at Man Bac in what is now Vietnam:

Humans have been caring for their weak for a very, very long time.
It's true, but it's also true that antibiotics and modern psychiatric medicine help a lot. We're not saying everyone would immediately abandon their disabled loved ones. We're saying an-prims consider the death of the disabled on a massive level to be acceptable and even desirable and that should be called out.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

bulletsponge13 posted:

Maybe I'm just "that guy", but it seems like all those assholes CHOOSE to live their lives partially in that manner; they get to take a shower; they get to have a solid home and access to electricity. As someone who grew up without unfettered access to that stuff, eat farts and poo poo poo, assholes. It sucks to live needlessly hard. Making things harder than they need to for your ego is gross.
Anprims are like the guys who insist video games shouldn't have an easy mode, a save/load or fast travel system, or even accessibility options. Just for real life. And if you can't play you loving die.

e: Sorry, sorry, I'm trying to delete it

Vib Rib has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Dec 13, 2020

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Yeah, I feel like a huge aspect is that though they cared for the weak, they were obviously much more limited as to how they could care for them.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Imagine that meme that's a diagram of bulletholes on planes that got shot at, except it's healed injuries on ancient archaeological finds.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Shanidar 1 had it rough.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

goblin week posted:

Are the words „:nws:nude women:nws:” nsfw by themselves? My semiotics professor would love this

Ceci n'est pas une goatse

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

RoboRodent posted:

How do you get that sweet, sweet Freemason crisis actor money? There's a thing I'd like to get into.

Oh poo poo, you just e-mail George Sorros and it comes in the mail, you have to start on the ANTIFA payscale before you move up to crisis actor or illuminati though.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

wizzardstaff posted:

Imagine that meme that's a diagram of bulletholes on planes that got shot at, except it's healed injuries on ancient archaeological finds.
I don't get what point this is supposed to make in the context of the conversation. Nobody's denying that vulnerable people died way more often, it's just that ancient civilizations still did what they could to help. It wasn't always much, and people often died despite their efforts, but folks will paint it as if such peoples didn't care and just intentionally let the weak die off, when that often wasn't the case.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

wizzardstaff posted:

Yes! How could we have looked past it, we should have been focusing on the fatal injuries this whole time. Instead of a splint for somebody with a broken leg we'll increase the life expectancy by adding more armor to the human skull.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Vib Rib posted:

I don't get what point this is supposed to make in the context of the conversation. Nobody's denying that vulnerable people died way more often, it's just that ancient civilizations still did what they could to help. It wasn't always much, and people often died despite their efforts, but folks will paint it as if such peoples didn't care and just intentionally let the weak die off, when that often wasn't the case.

Yeah, people have been caring for each other to the best of their abilities for a very long time so anyone advocating for the death of disabled people is someone who has been wrong for hundreds of thousands of years.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

Data indicates some, or in this case, one did. This is not universal. There are innumerable ancient civilizations and they all had different responses to assistance of those with need. Oral tradition from many first nations groups indicates the opposite; that at a certain age or time elders would be left while the rest moved on.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Cicadalek posted:

The classic freemason symbol, Pyramid With An Eye Outside It Somewhere

:hmmyes:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

There’s a difference between ‘these ancient peoples did the best that they could’ and ‘some anprim rear end in a top hat wants to do less than our best because he’s convinced himself it’s better if we abandon useful technology’.

They were judging the anprim not the people from 8,000 years ago or whatever.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Captain Monkey posted:

There’s a difference between ‘these ancient peoples did the best that they could’ and ‘some anprim rear end in a top hat wants to do less than our best because he’s convinced himself it’s better if we abandon useful technology’.
Yes! I do believe that's the point!
"Anprims actually show even less compassion than the ancient cultures they seek to emulate" was the thrust of that criticism, as I understand it.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It is an error to believe that 'primitive' societies don't care for the disabled. There are multiple early burials of quite old disabled people.

I mean, I believe this, but I also believe that the loss of modern medicine, social safety nets, and hospitals (imperfect as they are) would be a humanitarian disaster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I have two friends who needed appendectomys in high school and another who had an endoscopic pregnancy, all of them probabky would have died if hospitals weren't a thing that existed.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reality is in these post-apocalypse situations is that the person who knows how to make anaesthetic from scratch would be king.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You mean "for scratch" :v:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Full Circle moment

https://mobile.twitter.com/code_pig/status/1338002947742048261

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

This is violence

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Does that not go away if you just cook it down?

I don't particularly like ground beef so I've never tried cooking a huge sack of it.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

This makes me wish there was an Italian Uncle Roger equivalent to say “mama mia!” about this.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

Does that not go away if you just cook it down?

I don't particularly like ground beef so I've never tried cooking a huge sack of it.

You don't cook it down, you drain it, but not into pipes. Either retain it, compost it or trash it.

Since it's all fat, the temp to boil it off would be 500+ degrees, 150 degrees above deep frying temperature

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Also, fat offers flavor. Draining it is a good step. But I've never heard of RINSING ground beef.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s really something when you own a mincer (meat grinder?), like you buy the very cheapest cuts, remove the nasty bits of fat and then feed it through and it’s still way way less fatty than the stuff you buy in packs.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

people make fun of this guy but isn’t that just what being a bdsm is all about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

The Illuminati member here cannot help but send coded messages using the symbology of their avatar to enact subliminal control over others.