Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Homocow posted:

yes but only administered by licensed medical professionals in state approved clinical environments for therapeutic purposes

I want to visit Oregon for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I’ve done a lot of psychedelics and while I’m glad they’re moving forward with it as a treatment option, I feel like once the thought crystallized that I couldn’t leave the clinic or follow my attention where it lead while tripping it would turn into a nightmare experience extremely fast

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I’ve done a lot of psychedelics and while I’m glad they’re moving forward with it as a treatment option, I feel like once the thought crystallized that I couldn’t leave the clinic or follow my attention where it lead while tripping it would turn into a nightmare experience extremely fast

I’ve never done them and the idea that I’d be in a clinic with medical professionals seems like it’d be a great comfort

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

indigi posted:

I’ve never done them and the idea that I’d be in a clinic with medical professionals seems like it’d be a great comfort

It depends, how fresh is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in your memory?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Gods_Butthole posted:

It depends, how fresh is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest in your memory?

never read or saw it, seems boring

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

indigi posted:

If the medical professionals are like, just in the vicinity maybe, not in the same room with you with clipboards asking you probing personal questions and taking notes

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

indigi posted:

never read or saw it, seems boring

I think the movie is worth watching. It has a young-ish Danny Devito and some pretty trippy psychosis sequences.

In the book one of the patients cuts his dick off with a pair of scissors. Not sure if that's in the movie.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

indigi posted:

I’m sure people would react really differently to the setting for sure. I tend to get restless or sometimes perturbed by my environment and I need to move; not drastically, just like from inside messing with music or paints to walking around outside in nature, but being prevented from changing my setting to what I need in the moment would most likely push me into a bad trip

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I do medically-supervised ketamine every few weeks, and I can tell you that the best way to wrap up a mild trip is answering a questionnaire about whether you experienced mild, moderate, or severe depersonalization.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’d like to try K as well.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Subjunctive posted:

I do medically-supervised ketamine every few weeks, and I can tell you that the best way to wrap up a mild trip is answering a questionnaire about whether you experienced mild, moderate, or severe depersonalization.

How did you even end up on that?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Inceltown posted:

Probably esketamine, sold by J&J as Spravato, for treatment-resistant depression

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Probably esketamine, sold by J&J as Spravato, for treatment-resistant depression

*grinch face swirling up* hello doctor

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Inceltown posted:

Subjunctive has some money and uses it to find weird and wonderful ways to treat his brain problems iirc.

e: Sorry if that sounds like I'm making fun of you, I don't mean it that way. I'm actually kinda jelly cuz my wife has some serious treatment-resistant depression problems and boy it's a mess to deal with.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Though the last time she did depersonalization drugs she just went to a very bad place so idk how good special K would be

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

drat, I was thinking it might be some sort of random drug study to see what it does to you. That's way less fun.

Stay safe Subjunctive.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Inceltown posted:

Goons will rule supreme.

Imagine how salty you'd be if you missed out on your cool free acid trip because this isn't the week you take a shower. :mad:

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Imagine how salty you'd be if you missed out on your cool free acid trip because this isn't the week you take a shower. :mad:

I'd just drink the water out of the back of the toilet.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

how doyou not drink water for a week are you a camel?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

fwiw my old roommate dated a high school chemistry teacher and he said it’s actually not hard to make and the ingredients aren’t gonna get you on a watchlist so he would be able to make a jug of it. he could be full of poo poo though

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

T-man posted:

how doyou not drink water for a week are you a camel?

Lots of people don't drink tap water at all. Personally I think paying for bottled water when I have perfectly safe tap water for free is a suckers game. :smug: I mean, I don't drink the free tap water either, because I don't like the flavor of the tap water, and I don't really like tea or coffee or juice from concentrate so drinking the tap water or things made from tap water just never comes up.

I'm no camel tho. I drink 2 litres of diet pepsi everyday.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

im begging you get a water filter and knockoff soda stream. and drink the filtered water, use koolaid if you need the sweetnesd.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

inferis posted:

fwiw my old roommate dated a high school chemistry teacher and he said it’s actually not hard to make and the ingredients aren’t gonna get you on a watchlist so he would be able to make a jug of it. he could be full of poo poo though

Judging by the fact that nabbing that one LSD manufacturing outfit that was running out of an old missile silo somehow cut like the entire country's supply by 80% I'd say he's full of poo poo. Just from what I know of it the ingredients absolutely would get you on a watchlist, unless you go the fungus route and try not to kill yourself. The actual chemical reaction going from the fungus to LSD is only like one step though, but it's a step that requires a ton of time and care, and keep in mind you're dealing with a substance that can gently caress you up in the microgram range, so good luck remembering to turn the bunsen burner off or whatever when you've gotten a drop of it on your skin and absorbed a few mg by accident

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I mean if you say "corporation" instead of "China" I'd immediately think they were doing it to have a bunch of free test subjects in a poorly-monitored part of the world where it's easy to hide evidence if you gently caress em' up, and I'm not entirely sold on China not doing it for the same reason.

Though I'm sure the analysts are gonna say China's doing it to "bribe" the countries into supporting them, the wily bastards. Everyone knows you're supposed to just initiate a coup and cause a civil war to get that done.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

i would simply build a chemistry robot to make it for me

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

I mean if you say "corporation" instead of "China" I'd immediately think they were doing it to have a bunch of free test subjects in a poorly-monitored part of the world where it's easy to hide evidence if you gently caress em' up, and I'm not entirely sold on China not doing it for the same reason.

Though I'm sure the analysts are gonna say China's doing it to "bribe" the countries into supporting them, the wily bastards. Everyone knows you're supposed to just initiate a coup and cause a civil war to get that done.

It can be both soft diplomacy and beta testing at the same time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

T-man posted:

i would simply build a chemistry robot to make it for me

Do chemistry making androids trip electric sheep?

Seems like something they'd do.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inceltown posted:

it’s increasingly used for depression treatment, and we finally got a clinic nearby. it is by far the most effective treatment I’ve had, and my depression has historically been quite hard to treat. as Shame Boy indicates, I’ve tried a lot of different treatments, though only evidence-based stuff so far

Failed Imagineer posted:

it’s actually IV infusion of plain old ketamine, but I’ll be switching to Spravato at some point. they also have a sublingual dissolving tablet of some kind now.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Shame Boy posted:

Though the last time she did depersonalization drugs she just went to a very bad place so idk how good special K would be

it’s a sub-k-hole dose (0.5 or 0.75 mg/kg), so most people don’t get any depersonalization effects, fwiw. I listen to horror RPG podcasts and enjoy the body high and pretty lights my brain generates.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why not just buy some beers at the store and enjoy a chill night with Cyberpunk instead of buying weird uncontrolled garbage.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Fame Douglas posted:

Why not just buy some beers at the store and enjoy a chill night with Cyberpunk instead of buying weird uncontrolled garbage.

the anesthesiologist who administers it seems to be controlling it pretty well

plus, insurance rejected my claim when I submitted the beers and CP2077 copy

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

wow thanks im cured now

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

all depression everywhere cured, thanks op

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Fame Douglas posted:

Kindly go gently caress yourself

majour333
Mar 2, 2005

Mouthfart.
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

listen to horror RPG podcasts

Links?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/pretending-to-be-people/id1443447819

I’m about 60 eps in, it’s pretty fun and not super tense all the time.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fame Douglas posted:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Dawncloack posted:

I agree with this, but there's more.

In a car, you could potentially make am ad that says "It has this much power, it has this range per unit of gasoline, it has this and that safety measures." That is, concrete, measurable things.

You cant say anything like that about perfume. Deodorants, detergent, toothpaste, freshener.... the ad can only sell an image, a sensation.

you could do a scientific evaluation with something like "out of a random sample of 1,000 heterosexual women tested, they were 41% more likely to drop their panties as soon as they smelled a man wearing our new cologne compared to the leading brand"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
ketamine for depression works super fast, medically supervised it's a very small dose you'll only see some shapes and feel real chill for 45 minutes while you listen to orbital or something. it was expensive when i used it, about 300 bucks a session, but I was able to use the time it bought me to set my life up to handle depression better and i can just do it again if i need to. huge recommend, it was weird feeling not depressed and not medicated at the same time but pretty ownage.