Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

So, for one, most people probably don't have Jean, while Bennett was in the Starglitter shop last month.

Second, while Bennett does only heal the character on screen, his healing is so fast that unless you switch your characters directly into taking a gigantic hit, there's at least a 60% chance that they'll outpace any incoming damage.

Bennett's not perfect, but he's realgood.

Oh, he's definitely great, even in comparison to Jean. While Jean is better at healing, Bennet seems to generate a lot more energy for the party and I wouldn't be surprised if the attack buff from his burst works out to more damage overall (since it empowers other characters).

Also he's Pyro, which is inherently good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If you need to swap to a damaged character to heal them you haven’t healed them you aren’t a healer.

Also I feel like if you are having trouble with Tart being good at 80 and want to swap to Razor as the solution... something is amiss.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Aww yeah, achieved my goal of 33/36 before AR50, which is today!

https://i.imgur.com/IjeDSD7.mp4

Thanks for the stagger resist, Zhongli! We don't need no stinking Bennett!

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Razor is a great physical damage carry given the right conditions. But some large enemies have 50-70% phys resistance. The best solution to that is Kaeya or Diona, purely for the low CD application of ice to frequently apply superconduct for 40% aoe physical defense break. You can also get 15% defense breaks out of Razor’s C4 and Xinyan’s C4. With Razor tap the E, never hold. It’s better DPS and significantly boosts his energy generation so he can pop beastmode again as soon as it’s off cooldown. Just remember to get down a superconduct before you hulk out.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 13, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Haha, just pulled my 3rd Zhongli and 9th Xinyan from my AR50 haul. At least I got C2 Ningguang from the standard banner.

This game really doesn't want my Chongyun getting stronger for fear that I'll break it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

gandlethorpe posted:

Haha, just pulled my 3rd Zhongli and 9th Xinyan from my AR50 haul. At least I got C2 Ningguang from the standard banner.

This game really doesn't want my Chongyun getting stronger for fear that I'll break it.

Meanwhile I'm at c6 razor, c3 chong, c1 zhong and c1 jean and c0 xinyan

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

John Lee posted:

Most pertinent question: Is it even worth building him for DPS with those two sitting around, or should I swap him out for somebody else (Diona, probably)?

Xiangling is a demon with a pike but a properly supported Razor should outdamage her. No idea who you have access to, but let's assume you don't have Qiqi. You could run Razor/Fish/Kaeya/Diona if your Diona can't ult enough to keep superconduct up. If she can keep it up on her own then you can toss Kaeya for Bennet. As long as your team can provide sufficient cryo to keep the reactions going you'll never stop killing.

Edit: To be clear, Kaeya is better than Diona at applying cryo and works better with Razor... but not many people have him leveled. Given infinite resources (but no 5* luck) a Razor/Fish/Kaeya/Bennet team would be the way to go. Diona is more generally useful and you've probably got some ascensions under her.

quote:

All I have for him is a Favonius Greatsword

You get the claymore to make the aminus once from a quest and once from one of the geo/anemo vendors. If you've burned both of those... welp. Not having a decent weapon to put on an 80 carry is a pretty good reason not to use that character.

quote:

Finally: He's physical damage, so I just want to get a Bloodstained and a Gladiator's set on him, right?

Full Glad, crit helm, phys on cup. Can swap back and forth between Xiangling and Razor.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 13, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Qwertycoatl posted:

A4 Fischl is a great support for Ningguang. With Oz out, when Ning attacks an enemy with electro on it she'll proc crystalise and then Oz will shoot the enemy and reapply the electro.

I've heard that Oz has issues consistently applying Electro, because he doesn't do it with every attack, he has an internal cooldown.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
plunge attack off the cliff for the good hunter food delivery today, just a heads up

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Dom is Here posted:

plunge attack off the cliff for the good hunter food delivery today, just a heads up

I just went around, there's plenty of time.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

I just went around, there's plenty of time.

how dare you spurn my pro gamer strats

could still be useful for the long loading ps4 boys

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Today's deliveries were really easy. I wonder if they toned them down a bit.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
i don't know if i've been getting different ones but they've all been super easy. just teleport and walk. i think i had to swim once, that's about it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's hilarious how many people on reddit and elsewhere are crying about how difficult a "press w for 30 seconds" quest is. The only reasonable complaints are random-rainstorms spoiling an attempt, and console load times. Everything else is very basic gameplay knowledge (water is wet, hilchurl can't aim, plunge attacks don't damage you) and maybe half a second of route-optimization if you aren't running a double-anemo team comp.

The gliding event was fun because parts of it were a bit difficult. The ubereats event is even less challenging so far. I'm concerned they'll keep dumbing things down to the point where an "event" consists of "find an NPC in this small area and talk to them to win!" with no time limit. Not that I won't take free primos anyway, but come on. Daily gameplay is already severely limited due to resin, so at least make the events interesting ffs.

Anyway, finally managed to pull the pyro claymore chick exactly 50 into guaranteed-featured-character pity on the limited banner, so now it's time to save for goat or lightning samurai.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

marvelous merchandise is coming back in 1.2 so about those boring events...

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

dogsicle posted:

marvelous merchandise is coming back in 1.2 so about those boring events...

"I really need 2 berries. Plz help."

I want to see some more hardcore poo poo. "Hello. I require 1000 mint." I want my moment to shine.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tsyni posted:

I want to see some more hardcore poo poo. "Hello. I require 1000 mint." I want my moment to shine.

It's the silliest thing when NPCs assume I'm walking around with an empty inventory. Like the Razor quest. The quest is "give Razor a whole one meat." But he makes a while song and dance about it, even gives the player traps to go hunt boar with. And then it feels super anticlimatic when you just walk up to him and give him one of your 300 meats.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just how huge is that second pillar for Zhong anyways?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Honestly, I haven't found it super useful, but in Abyss you might have enough time to get 2 up if you're using him as a burst support. It's situationally nice. As a main dps it might be more useful. His C2 is where it's at, imo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tsyni posted:

The reputation reward that let's you quick slot a food item has ruined by mint reserves. Having chilled radish soup to top off your health in a quick slot is literally one of my favorite things they've added tot he game. Also good in Coop domains where nobody plays a healer.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

C1 isn't great. it smooths out energy regen a little in fights where energy regen doesn't really matter (e.g. not spiral abyss).. in abyss you'll be using your E almost exclusively to shield so it's irrelevant. it's his least important const to me, I'd rather have either one of the +3s

C2 is amazing and changes his gameplay -- shield on meteor is insane (and gives you more opportunities to use C1 as a pillar instead of a shield, retroactively making it better). so if you're going to pull for geodaddy consts shoot for that. C4 and C6 are good but too expensive for what they do

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Alright, good to know. I'll hold what I got for Albedo then.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

UltraRed posted:

The reputation reward that let's you quick slot a food item

what city is this?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is it worth it to swap to an unleveled Razor C1 now instead of my lvl60 Chong? Or is it not that huge a dps increase? I'm running Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara as my other three.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

acumen posted:

Is it worth it to swap to an unleveled Razor C1 now instead of my lvl60 Chong? Or is it not that huge a dps increase? I'm running Xiangling/Fischl/Barbara as my other three.

Razor is incredible but he really, REALLY wants good not-Chongyun Cryo support. If you don't have that, I'd recommend staying with Chong.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Hexel posted:

what city is this?

Mondstadt

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Framboise posted:

Razor is incredible but he really, REALLY wants good not-Chongyun Cryo support. If you don't have that, I'd recommend staying with Chong.

I do have a Diona...

I'm finding choosing a team real hard, especially as I keep obtaining what appear to be upgrades.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

acumen posted:

I do have a Diona...

I'm finding choosing a team real hard, especially as I keep obtaining what appear to be upgrades.

I pulled Chong shortly after I started the game and he was my main DPS until I pulled Klee. Chong is still my number two DPS though. I have a level 1 Razor. Level 1 Keqing, etc. Honestly, pick a team that you think is cool that has some synergy and worry about building them up, once they are all pretty maximized then worry about slotting in other people. The gaps between people aren't as big as they seem if you have great artifacts and leveled up talents/weapons. Sure, someone like Amber is going to be a bit lower tier, but part of the fun is finding ways to make your DPS shine. Chong + Xingqiu is a beautiful freeze machine.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I initially switched from Ning to Chong and it seems to have been a marked improvement, although I do feel real crippled against cryo enemies with him. I also don't really have many constellations so having one on Razor seemed attractive at the time. I guess I better post my box in any case if anyone has suggestions:

Aside from the MC and C1 Razor I think the only other one I have is a C1 Beidou.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

acumen posted:

Razor is the best at applying big sword, if that's what you want to do. He's considered one of the best carries because in the hardest content (abyss 12) he can clear the debuff on himself and the enemies there are weak to physical.

You can pretty much slot him right into your team because he likes the value xl/fish brings while off the field since he wants to be on the field at all times. You would want to think about swapping a cryo on for Superconduct but they don't need to be leveled.

For Chong do you happen to have XQ? He's really the thing that enables chong carry to work the best.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I hate using Razor but he's like the best, simplest DPS you can build in this game outside of Diluc. His first 3 swings come out so fast, his Skill is super fast and contributes to damage both ways, and his Hold can hit stuff above him like Oceanid birds.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

acumen posted:

Yeah I initially switched from Ning to Chong and it seems to have been a marked improvement, although I do feel real crippled against cryo enemies with him. I also don't really have many constellations so having one on Razor seemed attractive at the time. I guess I better post my box in any case if anyone has suggestions:

Aside from the MC and C1 Razor I think the only other one I have is a C1 Beidou.

C1s vary. Chong's is decent. Ning's is really good. Razor's is fine, but doesn't break the world imo.

Of that group I'd say your best options are Keqing, Ning, Chong, Razor. Pick the one you like playing the most. You have an opportunity to pull more Chong/Razor constellations so you could always wait until this banner is over to decide. If it were me, I'd probably lean towards Keqing. Especially since you're not over 70/80 yet and things haven't ramped up too hard in price. Keqing + Fish and Xing is a good combo. Two electro for energy gen, fire for reactions. I used Chong and Barb until at least AR30 though, happily.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
Keqing is just incredibly fun to me, zipping around like crazy. I'd pick her over razor 100%

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Alright, thanks all. What I'm hearing is that Razor can indeed be pretty rad, and would be worth it to build if I have any good Cryo application that isn't Chongyun.

...I have Chongyun and Diona, and since Chong is somebody you build your team around and I just got him recently, he's low level and likely to stay that way for a while.
My Diona hasn't seen any actual play, she's a bit underleveled, not geared, etc. But she DOES have a Sacrifical Bow (R1), which might make her pump out enough Cryo to support Razor... but then I'd have to kick out Venti, Xiangling, or Childe from my main team, which ain't gonna happen real soon. I was planning on bringing in an alt team after I got these guys up to speed, but I might sub out Razor for Diona for a while, then level up Sucrose and Zhongli to pair with Razor and my then on-par Diona.

And I have two spare Claymores to craft an Aminus with, so I'll probably do that! I'll wait, though, since I'm gonna be holding off on putting my full effort into Razor. (This means my team has three bow users, which will go well with my every four star bow, grumble grumble)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Don't craft aminus for razor yet! There's a new 4* claymore we're getting in 1.2 that I think we'll be getting one copy of for free (or at the very least will be a craftable) that has phys% as its substat.

According to Honey Hunter it'll also have 44 base atk so it'll just be better than aminus for him: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/snow_tombed_starsilver/

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 13, 2020

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

No Wave posted:

Don't craft aminus for razor yet! There's a new 4* claymore we're getting in 1.2 that I think we'll be getting one copy of for free (or at the very least will be a craftable) that has phys% as its substat.

According to Honey Hunter it'll also have 44 base atk so it'll just be better than aminus for him: https://genshin.honeyhunterworld.com/db/weapon/snow_tombed_starsilver/

Ah, I was hoping the icicles from that one would apply Cryo, but when it turned out they didn't I focused back on Aminus... but if it's Phys%, then yeah, I'm down for that one.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
What should I be looking for in artifacts? Got a bunch of purples now, and starting to level them past +8. Someone said that duplicate stats are bad; not certain.

Are there recommended sets for characters?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
...but kaeya is razor's best cryo support, and everyone has him...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cobalt-60 posted:

What should I be looking for in artifacts? Got a bunch of purples now, and starting to level them past +8. Someone said that duplicate stats are bad; not certain.

Are there recommended sets for characters?

Maybe someone will chip and explain why it's actually garbage, but someone made a spreadsheet with artifact and weapon suggestions for everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yep appreciate the help as well. Time to start levelling Keqing!