Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

marshmallow creep posted:

So I unlocked the "from above while stealthed' takedown but, uh, how do I do it?

Physically jump on top of them from a certain height and hit whatever the fire button is on your system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
PS4 people got what that deserved imo lol

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

marshmallow creep posted:

So I unlocked the "from above while stealthed' takedown but, uh, how do I do it?

Jump from above and land on them. See this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdT7uJg52IE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I called out this guy on his bullshit and he pulled a "oh...well... um... here let me show you something" and immediately booked it and ran away :lol:

I called him on his bullshit but then tricked him into giving me a discount, bought what I wanted, then killed him.

I've stopped doing a non-lethal playthrough and I am now just making judgement calls on the street, cop style. Saw some citizens talking to a Tyger Claw, but they were petitioning him for help, flood in their apartment and maintenance issues their landlord didn't gaf about. I let that gangster live, plus, his crime record was those kind of crimes that only seem illegal because of capitalism, which aren't real crimes, they're solutions and symptoms. I also just couldn't let live anyone into sex trafficking or hosed up rape poo poo for BDs.

Speaking of, there is a ton of rape and suicide in this game. Even Keanu screams directly into the screen at you to kill yourself, it feels really weird inside when someone yells at you to kill yourself, especially when it's someone you generally think of as being nice and kind. Idk what you call the feeling, but it is not one of the feelings I enjoy in life.

BULBASAUR posted:

For real. Kata ZERO in an rpg loving owns. Ditch guns go 100% melee

I've tried some Katana for the XP stuff but fists and blunt weapons seem way more fun and also stronger. Granted, I'm specced for fists, but does Katana give the same stun effects even specced? I can pretty much chain stun any enemy I've encountered. Super high level enemies can kill me in a shot or two... but they can't kill me if they're stunned, so if I get first hit, I win no matter what. It's also fun to make enemies shoot their friends. Had a fight with two skull level mobs, while punching on one, i used them as a meat shield until II could rush over to start the punches there.

I've also got some implant that gives me a couple seconds of slow before being spotted... it owns so much I wish it was a perk itself. Never taking this thing off my nervous system or whatever. Often the slow time lets you move into cover you couldnt otherwise and in the right situations, you can use it to just knock everyone the gently caress down before the can even react.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Canopus250 posted:

Couple questions and a bug that I'm looking for input on.

What passively levels up Athletics and Engineering? Athletics has barely moved after 8 hours and I legit have no clue what's been raising Engineering.

What does the "automatically breaks down junk items" perk actually do?

Anybody else have 0/0 health permanently after the flashbacks at the end of Act 1? I appear to be invincible because of it.

For athletics, anything that burns stamina will level it, but it goes really slowly. So, sprint/jump everywhere, or just spend some time punching air/a wall

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Elendil004 posted:

Seems like you only stumble onto gigs if you walk near one and get the call, is there any better way to like 'clear' out a fixers gigs?

The fixer stuff is really strange to me. I've done a ton of missions for Regina and they seem to never end, but they rarely come from other fixers. Also why the hell visit fixers in person but nothing happens there, it only happens on the phone....I know it's flavor, but goddamn like at least let me accept a mission in person or something if I'm standing right in front of them.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
38 hours so far but only 9% trophy completion?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Khanstant posted:

38 hours so far but only 9% trophy completion?

LOL better than me:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait fixer missions are fixed? I figured they were like radiant/randomly generated ones you could do to earn street cred / XP.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

The fixer stuff is really strange to me. I've done a ton of missions for Regina and they seem to never end, but they rarely come from other fixers. Also why the hell visit fixers in person but nothing happens there, it only happens on the phone....I know it's flavor, but goddamn like at least let me accept a mission in person or something if I'm standing right in front of them.

Fixer's are 100% based on their geographic location, you're triggerring all of Regina's missions because you're hanging out and tripping flags on her turf. if you head to pacifica, you'll get different fixers

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a point where you can't go back and do side missions or can I focus on the story and then go back and do side content later?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Wait fixer missions are fixed? I figured they were like radiant/randomly generated ones you could do to earn street cred / XP.

maybe that's it. I like that the street crime missions will be more thick than just kill these dudes and get paid, like you'll find shards and they lead you to a stash, and another encounter, and some story, and then you save a few dudes in a container, and sometimes get paid like 3x what a standard street crime mission would be. It's nice and feels much more thought out than farcry outposts.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

LifeSunDeath posted:

Nah, they just have their own territory. Once you go east just a bit you'll work for Wokado, in Heywood for Padre, Pacifica Mr Hands. etc.

If you're just clearing out a section one at a time you'll end up talking to the same fixer a lot.

Although if you're beating up cyberpsychoes a lot you'll be hearing from Regina all over the map too.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL better than me:

I just checked and it seems most of these are just very completionist. Get max this, do all cop calls and gigs in X area, buy all X. Some fun ones though, two for one with a sniper, superman smash with beserker mode, etc.

Shooting 300 enemies with ranged weapons sounds impossible for me unless they make ranged punches (MGSV did and why doesnt every game since?)

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Someone probably mentioned this already, but found neat little reference/easter egg in a side mission. Basically you rescue a guy and it turns out he's a Japanese brain surgeon. After completing the mission he does the entire Japanese heart surgeon monologue from The Office.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

Which RCP and SSP does CP2077 fit into?

Edit: Also, did I screw myself over by plugging Charles as he tried to escape and having to slaughter like 10 cops who responded poorly to street justice?

you miss out on his discount but Im pretty sure killing him and killing cops doesn't affect anything long term

the Most Correct course of action would be to buy anything you want from him with his discount then kill him

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Nah, they just have their own territory. Once you go east just a bit you'll work for Wokado, in Heywood for Padre, Pacifica Mr Hands. etc.

If you're just clearing out a section one at a time you'll end up talking to the same fixer a lot.

Ah ok. Also lol at Mr. Hands in this game...some of you know the dubious source of that name.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Khanstant posted:

Idk what you call the feeling, but it is not one of the feelings I enjoy in life.

Waking up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I kept the hosed up ripperdoc alive because as a Corpo I understand that he is more valuable to me as a wholesale cybeware importer. i was able to buy Mono-Wire and double jump and still have enough eddies left over for the Akira bike.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn I love this game so much. It’s full of the funniest bugs this side of Todd, but it’s also actually fun.

Like I have a friend who is truly obsessed with and loves Fallout 76 and so I got roped into playing some of it with him and Jesus Christ that is what buggy unfun poo poo is.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
the DF recommended settings video just came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC25ambD8vs

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The setting is just GTA vice city with scifi stuff attached to it but I love vice city so that aspect is 10/10

It really is carrying the game though and I think it's biggest trick is it convinced everyone to play RAGE but with worse gameplay.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I kept the hosed up ripperdoc alive because as a Corpo I understand that he is more valuable to me as a wholesale cybeware importer. i was able to buy Mono-Wire and double jump and still have enough eddies left over for the Akira bike.

Does it feel good to know you let that scum stay alive so that your creds don't decline? I know I felt pretty good about getting those cheap augs, LOL.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ughhh I reached my breaking point for jank. Literally everyone in Afterlife is hosed up, cans of beer are floating around like loving poltergeist. People are levitating cigarettes 1 foot in front of their mouths.

I can handle SOME glitches, but they keep getting worse... time to take a break from the game for a while until they fix it. I was really enjoying the story but it's too broken. :(

Also I just got the mission to meet Panam outside of the city and I hear ITT there's a game breaking bug in this quest. May as well stop here.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i don't like that you can't hack cops. at least not always. very odd limitation.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

this is just a common shotgun, but it feels so, so satisfying to use.
https://i.imgur.com/VLmHURl.mp4

i haven't found any good shotgun or light machine gun crafting recipes yet :(

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

BabyRyoga posted:

Anyone know how to un unbrick a save file that is soft-bricked by not being able to draw weapons?

I've heard a cutscene does the trick, but I don't know where to trigger one willy nilly. I've already done all the main quests. Anyone know some interactions available any time that will fix this? Fast travel does not work.

Just gonna repost this every few pages for a bit to see if anyone has any ideas, since this thread moves so fast.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL better than me:

Don’t sell yourself short, that’s more than 10%!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

LifeSunDeath posted:

Does it feel good to know you let that scum stay alive so that your creds don't decline? I know I felt pretty good about getting those cheap augs, LOL.

if it was only like 2 grand I would have probably doublecrossed him but the double jump was like $9,000 cheaper, he knows how to make himself useful and i respect that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

:hfive: shotgun bros

I've got a maxed out Body but only just now starting to invest in Crafting, so I certainly can't craft any good ones. Haven't found anything good or exciting either so I'm just running around with some generic Green quality Power Shotgun I've been upgrading :shrug:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: did I just (Delamain side quest) stop a car from killing itself by talking it away from the ledge?.

This game, man.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

KNOCK! KNOCK! This is the douche-bag-police! OPEN UP!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
my Series X is still on the way but I decided to get the jump on the start of the game and download it on my One X. I figure it'll be fun to see the difference once the XSX gets here. People probably already know this but I can confirm that there is no quality/performance graphics slider, I saw at least a couple outlets report that the game would have a graphics toggle on the X1X before release. Other than that it's completely playable to me, looks decent on a 40" 1080p TV, nothing really mindblowing but hey it ain't bad imo

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

After watching Dr Lopo finish this last night and seeing him go (like me) from so pumped on Wednesday to literally last night saying to his chat don’t buy this game. And my own experience with the prologue on a PS5 I’m going to see if PlayStation will give me a refund. Never tried before, but they clearly shipped an unfinished game, and I have too many great games I haven’t played to think this is worth it. I’ve learned my pre order lesson (minus with Nintendo games).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress SNEEP posted:

:hmmyes:

The shotguns have like a Doom level of satisfaction to it.

Also just keep upgrading the one you have. I think they designed it so if you really like the way a weapon works, you can just make it useful for the entire game through upgrading.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ded posted:

BEEP BEEP MOTHERFUCKER

Do sidequests. The pay adds up quick.

I paid off the Vik by level 4 and bought a 35k deck by level 6.

I finished The Heist and I'm almost level 10...

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

One of the strengths of this game imo is that it has a lot of Cyber and not a lot of punk.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw someone post this last night and just wanted to repost because goddamn it actually helped my game's fps so much: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kbrsta/psa_amd_cpu_you_can_double_your_fps/gfk8af5/

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

So, despite having gotten pretty good at stealth in this, I haven't actually taken any perks in it (mostly I just use hacking to distract, blind or shock enemies to death, then walk on by or murder them), can you eventually get something like the double takedown ability you had in DEHR? I'm finding that to be a thing that's missing. I'm guessing there isn't anyhting like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/LowSodiumC...utm_name=iossmf

:discourse: