Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Anyone got video of this? Can't find it on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/screencuisine/status/1336878002618073089

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the compression is bad because of Twitter but also look at how tiny that text is for their subtitles. I can't fuckin read that on my TV, I'm nearsighted

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So avoiding Cyberpunk for 6 months for the proper PS5 version with all the bug fixes.
Gotchya

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

So avoiding Cyberpunk for 6 months for the proper PS5 version with all the bug fixes.
Gotchya

lol if you don't think they'll at best tune the path at this particular turn and do nothing else to the driving AI

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lmao thanks

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
My headcanon is that they are cursing at the concrete block that keeps stalking them everywhere and ruining all their cars.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I'm enjoying Cyberpunk on a PS4 Slim, haven't had a crash since the patch, played about 6 hours again last night

It's a 10/10 GOTY but also halfway literally looks like PS3 game so if that bothers you...

Like you'll be driving along and the buildings in the background all look fantastic, the city looks great, but your car and the road literally, no exaggerating, look worse than GTA4

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Keanu my cahsin let's go cyberbowling

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

stev posted:

I love those bits. You can totally hear elements of the Witcher's score in there with a bunch of synth and guitar thrown in.
The music for the interlude with Johnny, I swear it has some of the Ladies of the Woods thrown in there.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

RBA Starblade posted:

Keanu my cahsin let's go cyberbowling

Let's fuckin go bowling, choom

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the compression is bad because of Twitter but also look at how tiny that text is for their subtitles. I can't fuckin read that on my TV, I'm nearsighted

You can increase the size on PC at least

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I beat 13 Sentinels and it was fantastic. The final battle was really cool and I'm really impressed by how the whole thing came together.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Looking at the archive timeline really impresses with the number of timelines and plot threads they weaved together (and be sure to look at the final archive if you haven't, it's not one you've seen as part of the normal ending sequence and very much worth a look).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SDR2 Chapter 4 Escape:

Ugh I just remembered I suck at escape room games

The blinking lights puzzle is bullshit, there I said it

Russian Roulette Nagito style :stare:

Oh god Nagito is the last person who should be getting all this info

Phew back to Hajime, I think I need a bath

So the hatch in the Octagon leads to Grape House I guess. Ah so Strawberry House is actually on top of Grape House

drat Nagito's turned on Hajime hard! He knows we're not special :ohdear:

poo poo, they're actually calling out the similarities between the murders in each game! Is this an actual thing?!

Lol you suck Hajime you scrub

Huh, Nagito being a dick to everyone so it's not just Hajime. Interesting

Ok I have this as Kazuichi or Gundam. The elevator being stuck at Grape Tower is a red herring cause the killer used the Final Dead Room to get back. No idea who it is between the two of them though (Kuzuryu is discounted as I don't see him being a killer in this story)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/georgebsocial/status/1337557508710408193?s=20

Oh so now the director of Duke Nukem Forever is gonna lecture us on what it takes to ship a game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every loser, rear end in a top hat, crumbum, palooka, shithead, and moron within earshot raises their voices up high in defense of that stupid videogame

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oxxidation posted:

every loser, rear end in a top hat, crumbum, palooka, shithead, and moron within earshot raises their voices up high in defense of that stupid videogame

I'm sorry, but The Last of Us is The Best of Us, that's just how it is and personally, I can't wait to play it for free three years from now on PS+

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

I don't and never will #NotAllPalookas

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You missed the best bit

https://twitter.com/georgebsocial/status/1338024659774824449

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I know the Game Awards are meaningless but I do wonder if the awards voters can make a meaningful distinction between Best Direction and Best Game. Kind of like oscars voters having no idea what the difference between Sound Editing and Sound Mixing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Oxxidation posted:

It's a good game op

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know the Game Awards are meaningless but I do wonder if the awards voters can make a meaningful distinction between Best Direction and Best Game. Kind of like oscars voters having no idea what the difference between Sound Editing and Sound Mixing

if they can give Best Direction to Neil Druckmann then they don't even know what those words mean

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Simone Magus posted:

It's a good game op

Trap sprung.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Andrast posted:

You can increase the size on PC at least

brother, you can increase the size of the of dialogue subtitles, you cannot increase the size of incidental subtitles like what passersby say or what's happening on a television

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Simone Magus posted:

It's a good game op

It's the best game of the year, in fact

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Trap sprung.

I know, and I don't care

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I think the last time George Broussard shipped a game was Shadow Warrior 23 years ago. Having tried to replay it recently it is astounding racist even for the 1990s video gaming industry

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Convex posted:

I think the last time George Broussard shipped a game was Shadow Warrior 23 years ago. Having tried to replay it recently it is astounding racist even for the 1990s video gaming industry

Yeah, a friend of mine warned an acquaintance of chinese descent against playing it when he was getting into retro shooters, and the guy was like "Hey man don't worry I can take a joke I like 16 candles that stuff doesn't bother me" and it took like a half hour for him to quit playing in disgusted rage.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hope everyone's having a good tuesday

is what I originally typed and then I checked and it is only sunday. Time dilation is fucky, thought it was monday just a few hours ago, can't keep up with time, it's kompressing

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

Hope everyone's having a good tuesday

is what I originally typed and then I checked and it is only sunday. Time dilation is fucky, thought it was monday just a few hours ago, can't keep up with time, it's kompressing

rain and thunder woke me up at like 9 am, went back to sleep and woke up again at 12pm, mom has made a giant pot of soup and gonna be running E9S tonight. so pretty good i'd say

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Lmao I hope this is never fixed actually

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

rain and thunder woke me up at like 9 am, went back to sleep and woke up again at 12pm, mom has made a giant pot of soup and gonna be running E9S tonight. so pretty good i'd say

What's E9S?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Monster Sanctuary seems REALLY REALLY cool so far

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
tlou and george broussard are trash

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Trash of Brouss

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'll play The Last of Us 2 when theres a ps5 version and its detached from the ridiculous hype train

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

One of the main reasons I bought a bigger TV is that I have been completely unable to read game text on my current setup these days (and it's easier to do this than set up an optometrist's appointment to do a new eye test and get a prescription)

It also seems like it is specifically American and European developers that love doing this, non-Kojima Japanese games tend to have big text and it's good

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It also seems like it is specifically American and European developers that love doing this, non-Kojima Japanese games tend to have big text and it's good

HUGE fuckin anime text

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

And those of us that care about LBGTQ+ representation and disability features and great story telling yes and best in class stealth action horror gameplay as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wish FFXIV played like a multiplayer turn-based game. then I'd play it
yeah I wish they'd localize DQX also